As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Holy [CHAT]! My Wii arrived!

1252627282931»

• Options
    Angel_of_BaconAngel_of_Bacon Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Video Tutorial is up.

Hopefully it is actually helpful and not redundant and pointless and incoherent as I fear it might be.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Stupid Mr Whoopsie NameStupid Mr Whoopsie Name Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2007

Hopefully it is actually helpful and not redundant and pointless and incoherent as I fear it might be.

What's a gagortion?

Stupid Mr Whoopsie Name on
  • Options
    GrifterGrifter BermudaModerator mod
    edited April 2007
    Man, you could totally be Ben Stein's long lost son.

Grifter on
  • Options
    squidbunnysquidbunny Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Man, screw analogous colors.

:^: Thanks, AoB.

squidbunny on
    header_image_sm.jpg
  • Options
    FantasyrogueFantasyrogue Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    That's great AoB. Gave me some stuff to think about.

(is there supposed to be a part 2 later on tho? It kinda cuts off abruptly at the end)

Fantasyrogue on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Nah. I was thinking about it, but I think I kind of ran out of things to say, so that's why I took up a lot of time by just cursing a lot.

EDIT: BTW, if there's anything about the tutorial that I missed and seems like it would have been useful to have included, my arm can probably be twisted to explain it.

Though I imagine most of the actual foundational basics of things are old hat to most of you.

EDIT2: Uh oh, I showed this to a guy at work, and now it seems I've got to give a demo on it tomorrow.

Um, crits so I actually make said demo seem useful?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    "If you have transformers and GI Joes... you're gonna make them fight!"

Best line ever! Also, you swear alot, I don't really talk to that many English speakers so I was like "Oh, that's how ppl talk"

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Um, crits so I actually make said demo seem useful?

It needs more cussing and references to 80's memorabilia.

Grifter on
  • Options
    MagicToasterMagicToaster JapanRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Seriously though, if you make another run at a demo, I'd set up a timer and keep it no longer than 20 min. I saw the 40min time line and was a bit intimidated by how long it was. Was I the only one?

MagicToaster on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Gotcha. Now I just need to construct an analogy that connects painting to motherfuckin' slap bracelets.

@MT: Cursing a lot is not really normal or a reccomended strategy for sucess in the English language in general. I just have a habit of slipping into obscenities when I speak on subjects with passion. If I am pumped, I try to hit other motherfuckers with my fucking pumped kind of fuckin' language, you know what I mean?

Plus I need something stupid and not-thought-worthy to throw at the audience to stall while I think of actual content to say.

EDIT: Man, I try to be quick... but if the end result was whatever it looked like at 20 minutes, you'd be like, "FUCK THAT! I'm not spending 20 minutes watching how to make that piece of garbage!"

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    How did this co-worker see the vid anyway?

Grifter on
  • Options
    GreatnationGreatnation Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    thats a quality fucking tut

Greatnation on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Grifter wrote: »

uh, with a computer....?

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Grifter wrote: »

uh, with a computer....?

Ok, I seem to have missed the part where you said you showed this to a guy at work. Way to show initiative, sucker!:lol:

Grifter on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Bacon, what if you spead up the parts where you're not actually saying anything constructive by about 2x-3x normal speed to help shorten it? We can see what you're doing, but it keeps it shorter.

It was pretty neat tutorial though, I dug it. I do a lot of my doodling like that when I don't have an interesting reference, I'll just draw random lines on the paper and then I see something happening and go with that.

I'm having some drawing blues. It seems like everything I've regressed and I can't draw from a reference and make it look like the reference. It's like I took 3 steps back all of the sudden.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    If anyone wants to buy me a copy of Premiere or a mac with Final Cut on it, I would be happy to do editing.

Until then, all I have is After Effects and I am not even going to try to use that for editing.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    VirumVirum Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Windows Movie Maker LOL.

Virum on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Man, I couldn't even get Media Player to play the .avi right, even though it was a Microsoft fuckin' codec to being with.

I trust Microsoft with video stuff as far as I can throw them.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    NightDragonNightDragon 6th Grade Username Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys, enlighten me:

If somebody asks me to illustrate something for a manuscript they've got...that they're planning on submitting to a publisher (that they tried to once last year, but the publisher was "super busy" and told them to try next year, or something)...should I say no?

I remember my mom telling me a few months ago that typically, the publishers are the ones who would seek out the artists, and would be paying the artists....not the author. Does the author even have any say in the art that goes into the book? Can they request that a specific artist is used?

Also, legal matters - the guy said I'd get credit for it in the book (should it be published) obviously.....but I would just have to take his word for it, right? I would need to sign a contract, and then I guess FIND the book somehow to see if he gave me credit, right? Because without one, he could just as easily get his book published and say "oh I did this art" or something...but the publisher would be the one I'd want to deal with legally, right? 'Cause they're the big guys, right? And the chances of THEM doing this to me are slim, right?

guys?

[edit] man, weird deja-vu editing this thing....but like, ANCIENT deja-vu...like I seem to recall thinking or visualizing or dreaming about this like 7 years ago or something.

CRAZY!

[edit-edit] goddammit so many "likes"!

NightDragon on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    I would not take a "We'll pay you later IF...." job, unless I was completely, head over heels in love with their idea AND the people were my close personal friends AND I had a watertight contract.

Otherwise, if they want the work done now, make them pay for it now.

If they don't have the money YET, you lose nothing by waiting until they DO.

[/bitter "I've been had before, NEVER AGAIN" rant]

EDIT: Yes, the publisher would pay for art if their manuscript was accepted. Whether or not they would accept or pay for art they did not approve of is a big question mark.

Angel_of_Bacon on
  • Options
    Tweaked_Bat_Tweaked_Bat_ Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Guys.

Hey guys, I got me a job!

Woo, I finally got hired! I'm going to be the "Web Assistant" for a fairly large company down here in Australia. The pay ain't too bad, either, especially for my first "official" job (not counting a couple months casual work here and there). Woot!

(drinks on me!)

Tweaked_Bat_ on
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited April 2007
    Hey, congratulations man!

(I haven't even gotten a part time job yet. I'd better get working on that.)

Flay on
  • Options
    Spectre-xSpectre-x Rating: AWESOME YESRegistered User regular
    edited April 2007
    So I didn't get into the college I wanted.

Fuck. Now I have to figure out what the fuck I should do for the next year before I apply again.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Or wait, maybe now I have the time to apply to a foreign college.

Yesssssss.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    Top of the page to cheer me up.

Spectre-x on
  • Options
    DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited April 2007
    Way to go Spectre! Nice work! You da man!

DMAC on
  • Options
    edited April 2007
    This thread has been around for far too long. What happened to all of our loyal whores?

Grifter on
This discussion has been closed.