Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Good Webcomic Thread About Good Webcomics

15859606163

Posts

  • KochikensKochikens Lovely-Cuddle-Blanket-Stephen-Fry-Awesomer Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    A horse tried to kill me once

    and by once I mean every time I get near a horse

  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Seriously wrote: »
    Looks like the power of friendship triumphs after all!

    S P A R K L E S !

    I will murder you.

    And not in your sleep, where it'd be quick and painless.

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    A horse tried to kill me once

    and by once I mean every time I get near a horse

    stop going near horses

  • edited February 2011
    Kochikens wrote: »
    A horse tried to kill me once

    and by once I mean every time I get near a horse

    Just horses?

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    Crwth I will be your friend, yes.

    yeaaaahhhhhhh!

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    kochi stop tryin to fuck a horse

  • Spectre-xSpectre-x Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    snip.

    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.
    Spectre-x wrote: »
    What the fuck is your problem? Does the fact that people outside of the (again) main demographic of MLP like the show hurt or threaten or affect you in any way? If you say yes you are a god damned liar.

    Does it hurt or threaten? No. Does it affect? Well, yeah, sure. The same way seeing a Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy avatar would - I get irritated. And I usually keep it to myself, and let it out in one off-topic rant that turned into a Whole Fucking Thing.

    But jesus, that whole screed you wrote makes it sound like I stabbed your fucking kid or something

    And I suppose I can see how it would affect you, yeah. And it's fine that you justified your viewpoint. It is indeed the SE++ way. I'm just saying that your justification and your viewpoint are retarded and also complete bullshit. Also the SE++ way.

    But don't worry about the intensity of my response. I'm just very good at flying off the handle.

    Your face is retarded and complete bullshit.

    Your a butt

    Sig_link_image.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i always bring my A butt

  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.

    I'm not trying to barge in on the lover's spat here, but...

    My only gripe with what you're saying here, Pooro, is that you're not expressing an opinion about the fans of MLP or Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy.

    You're basically expressing a prejudice based on the material. You may hate Dane Cook's comedy, but forming a base hatred for anyone who enjoys him is not really opinion, you're taking one minor quality about someone and generalizing an impression of them that is probably not accurate.

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.

    I'm not trying to barge in on the lover's spat here, but...

    My only gripe with what you're saying here, Pooro, is that you're not expressing an opinion about the fans of MLP or Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy.

    You're basically expressing a prejudice based on the material. You may hate Dane Cook's comedy, but forming a base hatred for anyone who enjoys him is not really opinion, you're taking one minor quality about someone and generalizing an impression of them that is probably not accurate.

    See where I said in my post that I was doing exactly that?

    Thanks for playing, though.

  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    we still talking about manchildren

    it seems like it'd be more apropos to talk about manponies


    I believe I know just the webcomic

    3DS: 2337-4267-8661
  • IsoldaeIsoldae Ludicolo Ludicolo Ludicolo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    i always bring my A butt

    I'd hate to see your B butt.

  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    videogames.png
    Spoiler:

  • statlerstatler Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Re: recognized at food places, etc...

    Personally I hate this because always seems to come with an implied (deservedly) accusation of being boring and predictable.

    BHsig.jpg
  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Langly wrote: »
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

    hey screw you pal!

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Squall wrote: »
    Langly wrote: »
    even though it is a fact that left handed people are freaks of nature.

    hey screw you pal!

    oh god squall not you too

    get out of here, your kind isn't welcome around these parts

  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    the worst thing about being left-handed is left-handed products

    I could never fucking use them

    3DS: 2337-4267-8661
  • SageinaRageSageinaRage Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I don't watch mlp, but I like to go on Youtube and watch clips of Monsterpiece theater. This is from sesame street, a show aimed at children.

    Does that make me a manchild?

  • SquallSquall hap cloud Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    dont even realize all the shit thats more tedious to use because of it

    scissors
    knives
    watches
    pencils

    you guys dont understand how difficult life is

    as a lefty,

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    liking videogames

    and therefore

    posting on a forum based on a webcomic about videogames

    makes you a manchild

  • crwthcrwth IDIOT NEWS Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i am right handed but i throw with my left hand

    it is weird

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    crwth wrote: »
    i am right handed but i throw with my left hand

    it is weird

    you are a genetic abomination, fit only for the ovens

  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    In response to alllllllllllll this: there's a reason I didn't go into the MLP thread and voice my opinions. I ain't gonna change any minds. But when it came up here, in another thread, I spoke out in my typical, caustic way. Because shit, I can have an opinion about something and its fans. I think people who obsess about MLP are creepy manchildren, and I think people who like Dane Cook are barely-literate mouthbreathers, and I think people who like Larry the Cableguy are all closet racists. They're all generalizations, gut feelings, and, here's the key, my opinion of them. Of course I state my opinions as fact - everyone on this fucking forum does. When called upon to justify my viewpoint, I did so vehemently. Which is, again, the SE++ way.

    I'm not trying to barge in on the lover's spat here, but...

    My only gripe with what you're saying here, Pooro, is that you're not expressing an opinion about the fans of MLP or Dane Cook or Larry the Cable Guy.

    You're basically expressing a prejudice based on the material. You may hate Dane Cook's comedy, but forming a base hatred for anyone who enjoys him is not really opinion, you're taking one minor quality about someone and generalizing an impression of them that is probably not accurate.

    See where I said in my post that I was doing exactly that?

    Thanks for playing, though.

    Yeah but you're calling them opinions at the same time. I was just pointing out that they are more prejudices than opinions.

    My friends don't all like the same comedians or television shows or music that I enjoy. I don't shun their friendship as a result of that.

    You're right, it's your call if you want to write off entire swaths of people based on their enjoyment of something you find beneath you. I'm not begrudging you that. I'm just saying call it what it is.

  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    furryfreedom.tiff

    3DS: 2337-4267-8661
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • PoorochondriacPoorochondriac Ah, man Ah, jeezRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Shit, where'd I leave that eyeroll gif.

    I know it's around here somewhere.

  • Vargas PrimeVargas Prime King of Nothing Just a ShowRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah who's been working on an OP for the last two weeks?

    e: gifs, Pooro? How pedestrian of you

  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The Decline and Fall of Webcomics

  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Can we stop talking about fucking ponies in every thread please

    there is a pony quarantine thread for a reason

    OWQbJgI.png
  • XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that's at least several weeks old

  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    never mind, lets talk about ponies again

    OWQbJgI.png
  • B_RB_R Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • UlisesUlises Registered User
    edited February 2011
    i hope people don't shit on me for liking adventure time

  • KwoaruKwoaru Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like to think VG Cats is acting as a beacon for everything "us gamers" in hopes of protecting the rest of the internet by attracting people who think that way

    And MoJ is the ugly lesbian magnet

    newsigtrimmed.jpg
  • Der Waffle MousDer Waffle Mous WALK 3X FASTER New Yark, New Yark.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I just bought the soundtrack to the original Transformers movie and listen to it completely unironically.

    zaku.png
    Steam PSN: DerWaffleMous Origin: DerWaffleMous Bnet: WaffleMous#1483
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I really wish people didn't use the word unironically.

  • Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood Living Proof That Sometimes Friends Are Mean.Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I only use the word "unironically" ironically

    OWQbJgI.png
This discussion has been closed.