Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Internal wireless antenna question

Bionic MonkeyBionic Monkey Registered User, ClubPA
So, long story short, my wife destroyed her netbook's screen. I took off the screen, and bought a new monitor, so it's now essentially a nettop computer instead.

I had to pry the antenna out of the screen though, because otherwise it wasn't picking up any signal. The ends of the antenna were soldered to two sticky pads that look a lot like circuitry boards, except there's no actually circuitry visible on them. I want to just cram the antennas into the remaining half of the computer, but I'd prefer to get rid of these pads to make sure there will be room.

I'm thinking they were just there to keep the ends of the antenna stationary, so they weren't loose in the screen bezel, but before I remove them, I figured I'd check here to see if anybody knew any different.

Thanks.

Bionic Monkey on
sig_megas_armed.jpg