Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

MINECRAFT: Important Server News In OP

13468962

Posts

  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks Muffins!

    I understand the reasoning but i used lava for some cool lighting in my caves and tunnels. Is there anyway to limit lava to certain users or possibly limit fire instead of lava?

    Currently we cant do anything of the sort, but I think bill was going to try bukkit which would let us do things like that I believe.

    ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Rear Admiral ChocoRear Admiral Choco Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait a minute the north or the east woods got torched?

    Shiiiiiit

    I know ExAm was asking about the area and how it had "Choco" on some of the signs around it

    I kind of liked that forest D:

    On a sidenote I just realized the reason I haven't been able to play is because I got 32-bit Java instead of specifically looking for 64-bit when I upgraded to 7

    Whoooooooooooooooops

    Rear Admiral Choco on
    fDl6pQS.png
  • hiartbillhiartbill Registered User
    edited February 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Thanks Muffins!

    I understand the reasoning but i used lava for some cool lighting in my caves and tunnels. Is there anyway to limit lava to certain users or possibly limit fire instead of lava?

    Currently we cant do anything of the sort, but I think bill was going to try bukkit which would let us do things like that I believe.

    Probably moving to Bukkit on Friday. I'm gonna get a Bukkit server running on my home computer first to test things out.

    hiartbill on
    wouldnt have a fart in a strong winds chance in working for me
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hiartbill wrote: »
    ultimakay wrote: »
    Thanks Muffins!

    I understand the reasoning but i used lava for some cool lighting in my caves and tunnels. Is there anyway to limit lava to certain users or possibly limit fire instead of lava?

    Currently we cant do anything of the sort, but I think bill was going to try bukkit which would let us do things like that I believe.

    Probably moving to Bukkit on Friday. I'm gonna get a Bukkit server running on my home computer first to test things out.

    Awesome, thanks bill!

    ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • MuhahahahahaMuhahahahaha Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I installed a texture pack for the first time ever just now (Nuka's)

    I think I got a boner

    Muhahahahaha on
  • divine willydivine willy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    where can you get nuka's pack?

    divine willy on
    gametag-Crafticus
  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So what's the current lava situation? Have player placed lava springs been removed? Basically should I be refitting my spawn tower kill floor to use cactus?

    jackal on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jackal wrote: »
    So what's the current lava situation? Have player placed lava springs been removed?

    Bill removed all lava from sea level and up before the server back up last night. This also had the unfortunate side effect of removing all obsidian from sea level and up as well. People are allowed and able to place lava again, and your able to get lava from an admin if the lava you had was destroyed when bill did his server magic.

    ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, cool. Thanks.

    jackal on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Jesus Christ you guys, 10 pages already?

    sarukun on
  • JordanthehuttJordanthehutt Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, after about 5 months of away time, I return to minecraft like an abused spouse.

    Jordanthehutt on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Riale wrote: »
    Wait, you can't use fire or lava? I know Bill removed the lava and obsidian above a certain Y value, but I hope it's not banned, because I've already replaced the lava rings in my temple >_>

    Oooooooooooooooooooooh my God if he messed up my fucking Obsidian Wall I am gonna be sooooooooooo pissed.

    sarukun on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll have to take a look at Spawn tonight. With everything torched, it might be possible to build that Mt. Fuji we were talking about earlier.

    sarukun on
  • ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sarukun wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    Wait, you can't use fire or lava? I know Bill removed the lava and obsidian above a certain Y value, but I hope it's not banned, because I've already replaced the lava rings in my temple >_>

    Oooooooooooooooooooooh my God if he messed up my fucking Obsidian Wall I am gonna be sooooooooooo pissed.

    Im sure the the obsidian wall is gone if it was at sea level or above, but we can just give you back the obsidian you lost.

    ultimakay on
    hLeTR.png
  • Meta T. DustMeta T. Dust Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    metadust, marshmallow and i gotta get back to exploring and plumbing ya'lls depths

    i have found two monster spawning things in caves so far, and each time it has been horrifying

    Thanks for letting me know dick, stepping into your fucking zombie hell cave was real fucking fun asshole.

    Also marsh and I have established some bases already, I'm in the makes for completing the wonder a huge fucking lighthouse, and marsh is chilling in his cactus fort.

    Meta T. Dust on
    motherfuckingwar.png
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    any ya'll got that render? I wanna scope out a good place to wander into the woods and die or build a little house in

    Depressperado on
  • iamthepiemaniamthepieman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    metadust, marshmallow and i gotta get back to exploring and plumbing ya'lls depths

    i have found two monster spawning things in caves so far, and each time it has been horrifying

    Thanks for letting me know dick, stepping into your fucking zombie hell cave was real fucking fun asshole.

    Also marsh and I have established some bases already, I'm in the makes for completing the wonder a huge fucking lighthouse, and marsh is chilling in his cactus fort.

    I think I've seen you guys outposts. Is it southwest of spawn near a little bay?

    iamthepieman on
  • Vann DirasVann Diras Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So wait what happened now

    Someone been torching shit?

    Stupid computer dang it wanna minecraft

    Vann Diras on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    ultimakay wrote: »
    sarukun wrote: »
    Riale wrote: »
    Wait, you can't use fire or lava? I know Bill removed the lava and obsidian above a certain Y value, but I hope it's not banned, because I've already replaced the lava rings in my temple >_>

    Oooooooooooooooooooooh my God if he messed up my fucking Obsidian Wall I am gonna be sooooooooooo pissed.

    Im sure the the obsidian wall is gone if it was at sea level or above, but we can just give you back the obsidian you lost.

    Yeah, then it's gone for sure. Glad I didn't start capping my towers.

    sarukun on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    metadust, marshmallow and i gotta get back to exploring and plumbing ya'lls depths

    i have found two monster spawning things in caves so far, and each time it has been horrifying

    Thanks for letting me know dick, stepping into your fucking zombie hell cave was real fucking fun asshole.

    Also marsh and I have established some bases already, I'm in the makes for completing the wonder a huge fucking lighthouse, and marsh is chilling in his cactus fort.

    Is that that terrible bullshit a million miles high at spawn?

    sarukun on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    no, for crissakes

    Calamity Jane on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    read the dang thread

    Calamity Jane on
  • apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    are there issues with the logging in of the server?

    halp halp

    apricotmuffins on
  • jackaljackal Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Earlier I got a couple BAD LOGIN errors which I hadn't seen before. It let me in the third time.

    jackal on
  • EnglishBobEnglishBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've been logged in for an hour or so, logged off 2 minutes ago now I can't get back on :/

    *Edit* TOTP

    6a00d8341bf7f753ef0134828c87a3970c-800wi

    Chunk error innit

    EnglishBob on
  • EnglishBobEnglishBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Back in now Innit

    EnglishBob on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    that picture is so fucking scary

    Depressperado on
  • Indie WinterIndie Winter smuggest bird Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EnglishBob wrote: »
    I've been logged in for an hour or so, logged off 2 minutes ago now I can't get back on :/

    *Edit* TOTP

    6a00d8341bf7f753ef0134828c87a3970c-800wi

    Chunk error innit

    Welcome to Fallen London, delicious friends...

    Indie Winter on
    RCmKIvs.gif
    indie_winter on PS4 | @indiewinter on twitter
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    read the dang thread

    There's 2 terrible spires at spawn, the courderoy wonder made out of cobblestone and a giant thing made out of cactus.

    Which do you think I'm thinking he could maybe be talking about?

    sarukun on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EnglishBob wrote: »
    I've been logged in for an hour or so, logged off 2 minutes ago now I can't get back on :/

    *Edit* TOTP

    6a00d8341bf7f753ef0134828c87a3970c-800wi

    Chunk error innit

    That is just fantastic.

    sarukun on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    no, we didn't make that shit internet detective

    Calamity Jane on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anjin-San wrote: »
    no, we didn't make that shit internet detective

    Cool.

    You all done being a douche or you still got a couple sarcastic remarks to make?

    Just so you know, I'm off lunch in 20 minutes, so make it fast if you're still goin'.

    sarukun on
  • EnglishBobEnglishBob Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm gonna build a hotel room for you two, gotta find a way to defuse the sexual tension in this thread.

    EnglishBob on
  • sarukunsarukun Mr. Bulldopps Get SchwiftyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    EnglishBob wrote: »
    I'm gonna build a hotel room for you two, gotta find a way to defuse the sexual tension in this thread.

    I splooged all over my keyboard the minute I got that first whiff of internet tough guy, we're in the clear.

    sarukun on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    he'd stated he went south of the town

    i dont know how that equates to spawn town in your head but alright

    Calamity Jane on
  • DepressperadoDepressperado I just wanted to see you laughing in the pizza rainRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    sarukun gets mad at something, starts shit, entire planet gasps in surprise

    Depressperado on
  • pookapooka Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yeah, this is just feeling like thread-shitting, christ. just let it drop.

    pooka on
    lfchwLd.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    man I want to see these contentious structures

    Seriously on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    good job mod. i dont get how mentioning something is malicious but i'll leave that to ya'll to worry about in an overwrought manner

    meta, marsh, what progress have you made in the area of exploring them wilds

    Calamity Jane on
  • RabidDeathMooseRabidDeathMoose Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is anyone else getting a java error when trying to log into the server? Because I'm getting a java error when trying to log into the server. I'd like to inspect the devastation, see if my crap water pyramid was affected in some way.

    EDIT - as I'm typing this I successfully connect of course... jeez, nothing to see here, move along.

    RabidDeathMoose on
13468962
This discussion has been closed.