As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

First Gen iPod Touch doing the Funky Chicken!

Mom2KatMom2Kat Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Well not really but the screen sure as hell is trying.

After my brother bought an iPhone last summer, I did the nice older sister thing and gave him $75 and took his first gen touch. I allready have a Blackberry curve and love it to death but hey $75 touch and I get to be a nice sister. So I start playing with the touch and oh hey I can read books on this? and put a mobile authenticator on it? So it has now become a companion to my blackberry in my purse.

Now for the reason I need help. Last night after work, I was having a smoke and reading the forums when my screen went wierd. It had lines and went dim and then it went black with the apple logo. I managed to get it restarted and it gave me the low battery warning. Then it jumped up to happy battery. ('bout a 1/3 full). I went home and the damn thing did it again!. Then today I tried doing a full reset and charged it. Then I left it on to try and kill the battery and do a few battery cycles. Well it died but when I held buttons the screen did the wierd again. I plugged it in to my comp and it did nothing but after about a min it let me start it. Okay I think I just killed the battery. Nope, Turn it on and we are at 3/4 battery.

My google foo is failing, is this battery or some other issue. I am not to concerned I got 8 months out of it and it from near the begining of the first run.

EDIT: In all of this my computer does still recognize it. Also come to think of it I did just update itunes before it started doing this, hmm, I don't think that should make it act funny when not connected?

Mom2Kat on