As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Youtube Swag

• Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MpG4Uh6kxjo

There must be like 40 variations on this.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    zimfanzimfan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fearghaill wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wKr8OJui6k&feature=fvst

been meaning to check out Donald Glover's rap side for a while, any tracks in particular I should listen to?

His remix of that Adele song Rolling in the Deep is pretty great.

honestly though all three of his mixtapes are solid. Download I Am Not A Rapper v1 and Culdesac and you should have more then enough to pick through.

Download both I Am Not a Rapper tapes, Culdesac and his two releases since then "It's On" and "Untouchable"

that's his best stuff so far.

zimfan on
    PasscodeSig.png
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The music isn't the problem, people can listen to mediocre hip hop all day if they like. Renaming braggadocio 'swag', and then being proud of it is really dumb though.

I think the problem is that you're taking this way to seriously. Dumb or not, they seem to be having more fun than you.

Well, yes, commercially successful rappers may spend less of their time doing 'un-fun' things than I do, what with not having to worry about such mediocrities as rent and car repayments, I still think that being proud of a terrible personality trait is dumb as fuck.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    #pipe wrote: »
    Kochikens wrote: »
    I don't know what your dumb thread is about

The way in which you carry yourself. Swag is made up of your overall confidence, style, and demeanor. Swag can also be expanded to be the reputation of your overall swagger. You gain swag, or "Swag up", by performing swag worthy actions that improve this perception. A person can also "swag down," by being an overall pussy and garnering negative swag for their actions. Swag is a subtle thing that many strive to gain but few actually attain. It is reserved for the most swagalicious of people. Swag can also be quantified, with point systems existing in some circles of friends.

So, stupid over-compensating bullshit then.

'Hurf durf I'm such a tough guy, watch me glower at strangers and then get scared of a bee flying near me' kind of thing...

Ignore it. It's another k-pop thing. People posting awful music to fuck with everyone.

The music isn't the problem, people can listen to mediocre hip hop all day if they like. Renaming braggadocio 'swag', and then being proud of it is really dumb though.
    It isn't about being a dickhead, it's about being confident and comfortable with yourself and your personality/mentality.

This is also the definition of BASED

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    KING LITERATEKING LITERATE Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    KING LITERATE on
    Diamond FC: 3867 1354 8291
    TWITTER TWATS
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I think the problem is that you're taking this way to seriously. Dumb or not, they seem to be having more fun than you.

Well, yes, commercially successful rappers may spend less of their time doing 'un-fun' things than I do, what with not having to worry about such mediocrities as rent and car repayments, I still think that being proud of a terrible personality trait is dumb as fuck.

Lil B is not really "commercially successful", he hasn't even put out a real album yet. Dude gives away thousands of songs and still wears the same busted-ass Vans

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Lil B is not really "commercially successful", he hasn't even put out a real album yet. Dude gives away thousands of songs and still wears the same busted-ass Vans

You'd think with all his Youtube views he'd get in on the 'partner' thing and reel in some of that sweet sweet Google money.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

I'm not talking about lives as a whole, I'm saying that having a playful, confident attitude seems more fun then getting mad about other people having said attitude. Not really seeing what you find terrible about it as a personality trait.

To clarify, I'm not including odd future's lyrics in what I'm talking about here - their stuff is fun, but goddamn reprehensible.

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've been told this 'bitch I'm [celebrity]" stuff is all his joke material, or something.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    ZephyrZephyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zephyr on
    16kakxt.jpg
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "Swag" is annoying because I like the word "cool"
    I feel like the people who are using "swag"
    feel that they are too cool to use "cool"
    which is silly because nothing is cooler than cool
    except

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    ZourtackZourtack Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Zourtack on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh somebody posted outkast

with all the shaking butts covered for your safety

Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »

This is worse than parodies of hip hop. It's an entirely new level of ultra awful.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kwoaru wrote: »

Oh thank fuck, someone with decent taste.

Donovan Puppyfucker on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In all seriousness, this is pretty good hip-hop, language barrier aside.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nr3m9p8LjNU&feature=related

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    HEYYYYYYYY YA

Oghulk on
  • Options
    Hank_ScorpioHank_Scorpio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Chris I don't think people actually like lil b here, it's just because he's fucking hilariously terrible.

Hank_Scorpio on
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

how is this so damn good?

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is overkill!

Unsure if this made it into the last thread or not. Bunch of... I dunno. Martial artists/fitness enthusiasts? Anyway, set out to make their own Super Combos in the vein of SFIV. Complete with After Effects and voice-over. Rather well done.

RisenPhoenix on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    while I haven't gone out of my way to listen to more lil b, a couple weeks ago when Clint kept posting videos in tinychat and they broke down my defenses.

While it's not for me for the most part, I can at least see how someone could enjoy it. it's kinda shit, but it's fun, goofy shit.

swagswag

woo

UnbrokenEva on
  • Options
    Virgil_Leads_YouVirgil_Leads_You Proud Father House GardenerRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is overkill!

Unsure if this made it into the last thread or not. Bunch of... I dunno. Martial artists/fitness enthusiasts? Anyway, set out to make their own Super Combos in the vein of SFIV. Complete with After Effects and voice-over. Rather well done.

This was excellent

Virgil_Leads_You on
    VayBJ4e.png
  • Options
    OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

how is this so damn good?

That was great.

Oghulk on
  • Options
    KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kwoaru on
    2x39jD4.jpg
  • Options
    lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Antimatter on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Chris I don't think people actually like lil b here, it's just because he's fucking hilariously terrible.

I actually like Lil B. I don't go in for that "enjoying things ironically" horse shit. Kid has a sense of humor about himself, loves his fans, and can actually rap like a motherfucker when he feels like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VhTc5GAs2tg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG6zsHUCum4

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I am swagger jacking your thread.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9CaQr2Zzcc

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    Kevin CristKevin Crist I make the devil hit his knees and say the 'our father'Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeF7ZevR4cs

has this ever been posted before? aka the awesomest thing evers

Franko on
  • Options
    Ruby RhodRuby Rhod Multipass!Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That's pretty good.

Ruby Rhod on
  • Options
    AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Antimatter on
  • Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    holy shit that is amazing

edit: the mirror thing I mean, Twisted Sister are terrible

#pipe on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I really like the new Strokes song

Clint Eastwood on
  • Options
    JohnHamJohnHam Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I really like the new Strokes song

I tried not to get excited about their new album but I too like this song. A lot.

JohnHam on
    signature.png

• Options
    FrankoFranko Sometimes I really wish I had four feet so I could dance with myself to the drumbeat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
This discussion has been closed.