As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Yo Momma So U[Glee] She...

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    "Everybody Hurts" is kind of an important song to me, I'm glad they didn't screw it up.

• Options
    silence1186silence1186 Character shields down! As a wingmanRegistered User regular
    So comments on the rest of the season:

I guess I've come to peace with this show. It's not as good as it was, but the songs are still really good and enough reason to watch it every week. There are worse reasons to watch a show. I guess no one else is really talking about it anymore though? Alas, alack.

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited May 2013
    I don't know what to think of this show. I just can't seem to stop watching it, even though I don't know if I really like it.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Actually, I wanted to add:

Rachel singing still makes me go holy shit.

I loved the Muppet song because I loved the Muppets.

The girl in the red dress could sing, like whoa.

Not actually impressed with New Directions.
    skeldare wrote: »
    I don't know what to think of this show. I just can't seem to stop watching it, even though I don't know if I really like it.

This is an excellent way to describe it.

• Options
    ElJeffeElJeffe Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Wait, was there a show on this last Thursday? I thought I looked and didn't find one. Muppet Show song what now?

As far as the show's quality goes, I'm going to finish up the season, but I'm unlikely to start watching it again next season. There may not be a lot of other quality shows on, but there are a bajillion series on Netflix I could be watching instead, so...

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Wait, was there a show on this last Thursday? I thought I looked and didn't find one. Muppet Show song what now?

No.Season finale was a week ago.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Ah. You know, I didn't even realize that was the season finale at the time. I was expecting them to go to Nationals again, or something. I do remember Rainbow Connection, though, and that was pretty rad.

So yeah, probably won't watch it next season. I'll just think fondly back on the couple really good seasons we had together.

I submitted an entry to Lego Ideas, and if 10,000 people support me, it'll be turned into an actual Lego set!If you'd like to see and support my submission, follow this link.
  • Options
    Not surprising, but looks like there have been some cast cuts for next season.

Glee Exclusive: 4 Original Cast Members Not Returning as Series Regulars for Season 5
    Glee is thinning its ranks as it heads into Season 5.

Original castmembers Heather Morris (who plays Brittany), Mark Salling (Puck), Amber Riley (Mercedes) and Harry Shum, Jr. (Mike) will not be returning to the Fox musical dramedy as series regulars, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Additionally, Dianna Agron (Quinn) — who was only seen in a handful of episodes last season — is not slated to be back, save for a possible guest appearance here and there.

Morris, Salling, Riley and Shum may also return as occasional guest stars.

The casting moves hardly come as a surprise, considering four of the five characters graduated McKinley at the end of Season 3, and a fifth — Morris’ Brittany — got accepted to MIT in last month’s Season 4 finale.

Glee returns with Season 5 on Thursday, Sept. 19.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    'Glee' adds Adam Lambert for Season 5
    "American Idol" runner-up Adam Lambert is coming back to FOX -- but not as an "Idol" judge. He's joining the cast of "Glee."

"I am thrilled to announce that the super talented Adam Lambert is joining the cast of Glee this fall," tweets creator Ryan Murphy. And Glambert adds, "I'm so excited!!"

There's no word yet as to any details about Lambert's character (we're hoping for something involving Naya Rivera, because that would be a whole lotta awesome in one place), but this is the latest in a series of cast shake-ups that includes the scaling back of four original cast members and several new faces promoted to series regulars.

"Glee" returns for its fifth season on Thursday, Sept. 19.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    I haven't watched Glee in a long time, but this is just breaking now and it's really sad.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/glee-star-corey-monteith-dies-584965

He seemed like a really cool guy. RIP :(

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    Blackjack wrote: »
    I haven't watched Glee in a long time, but this is just breaking now and it's really sad.

Definitely sad. A bit strange that it hasn't hit many news hubs yet though.

And he was active on Twitter yesterday...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2013
    skeldare wrote: »
    Blackjack wrote: »

Definitely sad. A bit strange that it hasn't hit many news hubs yet though.

And he was active on Twitter yesterday...

It was literally just confirmed by Vancouver police about three minutes before I posted the link, so it'll just now be hitting them.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    JimothyJimothy Not in front of the fox he's with the owlRegistered User regular
    Geez.

That really sucks, he seemed like an alright dude.

• Options
    I hate to ask this, but one has to wonder how they'll address this next season.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    ... :(

RIP Cory

• Options
    SparkieSparkie Registered User new member
    Terrible news :(:(:(

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    His final words on Twitter:
    oh. IT'S A SHARK TORNADO.

:(

• Options
    _J__J_ Pedant Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    Terribly sad news. I really liked what he brought to the show.

• Options
    Kipling217Kipling217 Registered User regular
    Yeah, he was one of the better things about last season. Sad. That's all I can say

The sky was full of stars, every star an exploding ship. One of ours.
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    They're taking a short break from filming, going to do a tribute episode (I think their second episode of the season) and then going on another short break.
    Ryan Murphy already revealed Glee will honor Cory Monteith with a tribute episode this season, but now possible deets about how this difficult task will take place are being revealed. Not only will the characters supposedly honor Cory and his character, Finn, through songs, but the cast will reportedly film interviews talking about their fellow actor who passed away far too soon.

• Options
    They're taking a short break from filming, going to do a tribute episode (I think their second episode of the season) and then going on another short break.
    Ryan Murphy already revealed Glee will honor Cory Monteith with a tribute episode this season, but now possible deets about how this difficult task will take place are being revealed. Not only will the characters supposedly honor Cory and his character, Finn, through songs, but the cast will reportedly film interviews talking about their fellow actor who passed away far too soon.

It's apparently going to be the 3rd episode. The first two are a Beatles tribute two-parter.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    This is back. It's still a bit cringe worthy, but you can't really go wrong with an hour of Beatles songs.

• Options
    Doctor DetroitDoctor Detroit Registered User regular
    They bring in a new nurse named Penny during a Beatles-themed episode and they don't sing "Penny Lane"?

Then again, it's kind of to be expected on this show. But it looks like they've decided to not have Sue ping-pong between supporting the Glee club and trying to destroy it. So maybe that's something.

Finn not being around for the proposal was kind of noticeable, seeing as everyone else was there, and it's his stepbrother. I know the timing was an issue, and they didn't want a delay, but they probably should have dealt with Finn first, then gone on with the rest of the season.

Also, Kurt's dad being all "It doesn't matter what I told Blaine" seems to be code for "Pretend I was never opposed to this. And please forget how opposed all the adults were to Finn and Rachel's engagement".

• Options
    MalReynoldsMalReynolds The Hunter S Thompson of incredibly mild medicines Registered User regular
    They did a pretty great job of having people portray the embodiments of the five stages. The show was a total gut punch, though; Jesus, the crying was just raw.
    I called Shue taking the jacket early on, but I wasn't angry or upset. I've been there. Still live there, for the most part.

"A new take on the epic fantasy genre... Darkly comic, relatable characters... twisted storyline."
    "Readers who prefer tension and romance, Maledictions: The Offering, delivers... As serious YA fiction, I’ll give it five stars out of five. As a novel? Four and a half." - Liz Ellor
    My new novel: Maledictions: The Offering. Now in Paperback!
  • Options
    Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    The whole episode was brutal. One questions whether or not it should have been made in the first place. Was it really right to put the entire cast, let alone Lea Michelle, through something like that?

I did feel it was tastefully done, however. And really very emotional. Mr. Shue crying at the end very nearly had me in tears.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I don't watch Glee since after the first season it became nearly unbearable in the inconsistent writing...but I plan on watching this. I was hoping they handled this tastefully, so I'm glad to hear they did. I cannot imagine what Lea Michelle went through emotionally to do this episode, not to mention the rest of the cast and crew that became close to Cory.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Good episode, all things considered. Very well done and I'm actually glad they didn't mention how Finn died. The only thing was the lack of Quinn.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I haven't watched Glee since the second or third season (whenever they finally won first place) but I caught last night episode.

Tastefully done, pretty heartbreaking (specially the end) and I appreciated that it was pretty much the original crew.

• Options
    I thought it was tastefully done for what it was, even if the whole thing was pretty nonsensical as part of a coherent storyline, especially since I predict they will never mention Finn again. Honestly, they probably should've just done a non-story tribute episode, which would have been just as tasteful, had the same generally excellent singing, and not felt like some weird alternate-Glee-universe.

But I'm not going to bag too hard on what a bunch of folks decided to do by way of tribute to a guy they were clearly all very close to.

Still probably won't watch the show too much more, because the writing is terribad, the plot is retarded, and even most of the Beatles music was pretty poorly done.

• Options
    So the Quarterback just went up on Hulu. Oh man was that a punch in the gut. Like, I haven't cried that much over a tv show in years. Maybe not ever.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    My wife and I decided this season we're not going to watch the show any more. It's just not worth watching an hour of the show a week for maybe one or two songs we really like per month. That being said, we did watch the tribute episode and it was pretty well done. Very emotional for sure.

• Options
    An episode based around twerking. Fuck, I'm out.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oh, this show is back?

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    Oh, this show is back?

They were going to wait until the new year to air new episodes, out of respect for Montieth, but they decided it "Fuck it. Want those Holiday Download Dollahs!"

• Options
    I hate myself for continuing to watch this show. It's so bad. It's physically painful to watch. Why do I do this to myself?

I mean, I know WHY, but it's silly. Carry on! Don't watch this show anymore! It's bad!

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    It still entertains me!

• Options
    SchrodingerSchrodinger Registered User regular
    Apparently this show is still on.

Latest storyline makes no sense.

"You went to nationals, and you're only the second best choir in the entire country. Obviously, you're not good enough to stay here."

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Only the latest one? The show never made sense. (are they still spending more than half the screen time with the two people in NY?)

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Spoit wrote: »
    Only the latest one? The show never made sense. (are they still spending more than half the screen time with the two people in NY?)

I believe they are dropping the high school setting after this season, and next season will be the last.

And the episode I saw last week seemed pretty contrived, yeah.