Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Catherine - the new competitive hotness. Tournament Hype!

1246731

Posts

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Eh, I think they're being babied too much. People have beaten the game already. It's not like it's impossible.

    Granted, I haven't played it, but just my impression. It has a rewind feature already, how hard could it be?

    Play through Night 6 on Normal, then you can talk about how everybody is being a big baby.
    No rewind feature on Normal difficulty either.

    Don't worry, I will.

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I'm surprised people were expecting any less. This is Atlus.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UiDAOAXFPk

    "I didn't even beat Trauma Center."
    "Nobody did, it's a fuckin' Atlus game."

    That reminds me...I should go and beat Odin Sphere some day.

    Levels and combat got too samey towards the end though.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I actually did beat Odin Sphere. I think only three of us here had the sanity and persistence to stare into the maw of the beast that was the true ending.
    The good ending requires beating the final boss with the right five characters fighting the right five bosses.

    To get the true ending, you had to do EVERY POSSIBLE PATTERN.

    It wasn't even an Atlus game, though.

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I actually did beat Odin Sphere. I think only three of us here had the sanity and persistence to stare into the maw of the beast that was the true ending.
    The good ending requires beating the final boss with the right five characters fighting the right five bosses.

    To get the true ending, you had to do EVERY POSSIBLE PATTERN.

    It wasn't even an Atlus game, though.
    I'm one of the three I guess. Admittedly I did turn the difficulty down to easy halfway through Velvet's book, but that's only because I had one day to beat the game and I didn't have time to fight all the bosses over and over again on normal.

    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Blue map wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I actually did beat Odin Sphere. I think only three of us here had the sanity and persistence to stare into the maw of the beast that was the true ending.
    The good ending requires beating the final boss with the right five characters fighting the right five bosses.

    To get the true ending, you had to do EVERY POSSIBLE PATTERN.

    It wasn't even an Atlus game, though.
    I'm one of the three I guess. Admittedly I did turn the difficulty down to easy halfway through Velvet's book, but that's only because I had one day to beat the game and I didn't have time to fight all the bosses over and over again on normal.

    Yeah, Velvet's was hell. I never changed the difficulty, though. I'm stubborn like that.

    It had a great story from start to finish.

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • Blue mapBlue map Hello darkness, my old friend. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Blue map wrote: »
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    I actually did beat Odin Sphere. I think only three of us here had the sanity and persistence to stare into the maw of the beast that was the true ending.
    The good ending requires beating the final boss with the right five characters fighting the right five bosses.

    To get the true ending, you had to do EVERY POSSIBLE PATTERN.

    It wasn't even an Atlus game, though.
    I'm one of the three I guess. Admittedly I did turn the difficulty down to easy halfway through Velvet's book, but that's only because I had one day to beat the game and I didn't have time to fight all the bosses over and over again on normal.

    It had a great story from start to finish.
    Indeed.
    It still kind of surprises me how bleak even the best ending still is though.

    Oh and so we're not totally off topic, Catherine's story looks pretty interesting from what iv'e seen, I just hope the gameplay is decent enough not to make it a total chore to play.

    My Steam profile thing: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Blue_map/ Battlenet: BlueMap#1493
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So I FINALLY beat the boss of stage 7 after some insanely holy shit antics and WOW did the story just get FUCKED. Shit is crazy. But an awesome kind of Atlus crazy. And then I got screwed. Hardcore. And stopped playing. Luckily for the first time in the game of me playing I remembered to save the game in the Bar. Not just go on and then realize "oh shit I didn't save now I have to beat the first level before I can."

    Granted it wasn't because it's impossible but because It's late and I need to sleep. I do however have 0 retries to beat this next stage with.....yeah....woooot......

    Remember this though people! ALWAYS SAVE IN THE BAR AFTER A BOSS UNLESS YOU WANNA GET FUCKED.

    And man. Screw that whining about it being too hard. It really isn't TOO hard. You just really need to think about things. I don't know. I totally love this game and honestly don't have any complaints. I just....don't. I dont know why but I'm fully in love with it.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User
    edited February 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    So I FINALLY beat the boss of stage 7 after some insanely holy shit antics and WOW did the story just get FUCKED. Shit is crazy. But an awesome kind of Atlus crazy. And then I got screwed. Hardcore. And stopped playing. Luckily for the first time in the game of me playing I remembered to save the game in the Bar. Not just go on and then realize "oh shit I didn't save now I have to beat the first level before I can."

    Granted it wasn't because it's impossible but because It's late and I need to sleep. I do however have 0 retries to beat this next stage with.....yeah....woooot......

    Remember this though people! ALWAYS SAVE IN THE BAR AFTER A BOSS UNLESS YOU WANNA GET FUCKED.

    And man. Screw that whining about it being too hard. It really isn't TOO hard. You just really need to think about things. I don't know. I totally love this game and honestly don't have any complaints. I just....don't. I dont know why but I'm fully in love with it.

    You say you're in love now, but pretty soon some other, flashier game is gonna come along and try to steal you away and throw your entire life into chaos.

  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You have 0 retries to beat the next stage with.
    That means that EVERY time you die, you need to reload the game.
    You'll be spending more time flipping through the reload menu than playing the game.

    I don't think the level design is bad.
    I don't think the stages are too challenging.
    I just think that you should have infinite lives and respawn instantly when you die.

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yeah. That does sound like it could be annoying.

  • KazakaKazaka Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Wow, since when did japan become such a bitch

    come on japan, I used to think you were harder core than the states, and then Demon's Souls did better here than with you, and now this?

    ... They ate, slept and worked. Some of them found uninteresting partners at work who they married and came home to. Sometimes they would half-heartededly thrust into each other and children were made. They lived a middle class existence until their deaths to heart disease and cancer.
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    You have 0 retries to beat the next stage with.
    That means that EVERY time you die, you need to reload the game.
    You'll be spending more time flipping through the reload menu than playing the game.

    I don't think the level design is bad.
    I don't think the stages are too challenging.
    I just think that you should have infinite lives and respawn instantly when you die.

    Yeah, that's a bit of a pain for sure, but I've had such problems in other games as well.

    There IS a pillow right at the start though so if I can just keep grabbing that pillow i can at least master the first part of the stage. It's a pain but luckily I don't mind it. It IS my fault. I could have restarted and beat Boss 7 with more lives but wasn't thinking of that at the moment and then tons of things happened and all I could think of was saving.

    But I do see how it's a design flaw. Yes.

    And CrappyJack it's true. It needs to be flashy with anime and have tons of blocks in it. Uh oh. 3D dot game heroes? No...no!

    But seriously. Pretty much I'm going to beat this and then when/if the US release comes out I'm going to go through that on Hard my first time. It's going to be certainly epic. Unless I just can't wait in which case I'll just do it in this one.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • Skull2185Skull2185 Hey everyone Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Please forgive my ignorance as I haven't really followed anything about Catherine, but this game seems interesting to me.

    This game isn't an incredibly difficult RPG, but rather a puzzle/platformer?

    It's like the N-word and the C-word had a baby, and it was raised by all the bad words for Jews.
    3DS FC: 5129-0946-8305
    PSN: DrSkullnumbers
  • MattakuevanMattakuevan Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Please forgive my ignorance as I haven't really followed anything about Catherine, but this game seems interesting to me.

    This game isn't an incredibly difficult RPG, but rather a puzzle/platformer?

    That is correct, there are some videos floating around with gameplay.

  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's more like a puzzle game with twitch action gameplay elements.

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Skull2185 wrote: »
    Please forgive my ignorance as I haven't really followed anything about Catherine, but this game seems interesting to me.

    This game isn't an incredibly difficult RPG, but rather a puzzle/platformer?

    Try an incredibly difficult puzzle/platformer. But extremely frantic and one hell of a time limit.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So. Wow. I really wish I understood what was going on but I can see why they want after the Boss of Stage 7 kept secret. Just tons and tons of story stuff and I didn't understand it at all for the most part. Really can't wait for a translation. I think I get the gist of it but I mean going off of what's going on and reactions and my very very limited vocabulary.

    Game is crazy. Also. Save in the Bar. Do not forget this. I mean it for reals.

    Oh and the level I was on I beat. There are no checkpoints and a pillow right at the start anyways so you have no choice but to beat that level in one life. So it worked out for me.

    But this. Oh man.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    So. Wow. I really wish I understood what was going on but I can see why they want after the Boss of Stage 7 kept secret. Just tons and tons of story stuff and I didn't understand it at all for the most part. Really can't wait for a translation. I think I get the gist of it but I mean going off of what's going on and reactions and my very very limited vocabulary.

    Game is crazy. Also. Save in the Bar. Do not forget this. I mean it for reals.

    Oh and the level I was on I beat. There are no checkpoints and a pillow right at the start anyways so you have no choice but to beat that level in one life. So it worked out for me.

    But this. Oh man.


    I'll explain.
    DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS UNLESS YOU HAVE PASSED THE EIGHTH NIGHT
    Katherine comes in and tells Vincent that she's not really pregnant and that she realizes he's been cheating on her. They break up, and Vincent wanders the city, feeling alone for the first time in years. The next day on the toilet at work Vincent and Orlando are talking, and Vincent realizes all the information on Catherine from his cell phone is deleted, icnluding her pictures. Orlando comments that it's a shame, he wishes that he knew what she looked like. Vincent says that Olrando saw her at the bar last night. Orlando says he didn't. Vincent has a freak-out.

    That night at Stray Sheep all his friends say that they've never seen Catherine, and that she is a delusion of Vincent caused by his overtiring from nightmares. Erica comes along and mentions that last night she began seeing the nightmare as well (NOTE: Jonny and Orlando a few nights ago began seeing the nightmare as well. I suspect Erica is starting to see them beacuse she started sleeping with Toby). They leave and Vincent is left alone with Erica and the Bartender. Vincent then remembers that on the night he met with Catherine, she said something to the barkeeper. Vincent confronts the bartender, saying that he heard them exchange words, so Catherine most really exist.

    The Bartender says he's REALLY impressed that Vincent figured everything out, and that he has given up on showing him nightmares. Vincent says he never said anything about being shown nightmares. The Bartender panics a bit, and Vincent pushes him further. He asks him what's going on, grabbing him and the Barkeep's sunglasses fall off to reveal that he's some kind of demon. The Bartender confesses that Catherine is an illusion he sent that asssumes somebody's ideal form. The Bartender sent her out in order to speed up Vincent's inevitable breakup with Katherine.

    Vincent gets pissed off. If the demon is just an illusion, he never actually cheated on Katherine to begin with. He demands that the bartender stop showing people nightmares and (at least in my game) makes him promise to give him another chance to meet with Katherine. The bartender refuses. Vincent says that he'll accept the challenege of another round of nightmares, and the bartender agrees.

    Vincent spends one last night at the bar, with Erica working behind the counter, where he can meet up with all the sheep he saved (I missed one) and get achivements for each one.

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »
    So. Wow. I really wish I understood what was going on but I can see why they want after the Boss of Stage 7 kept secret. Just tons and tons of story stuff and I didn't understand it at all for the most part. Really can't wait for a translation. I think I get the gist of it but I mean going off of what's going on and reactions and my very very limited vocabulary.

    Game is crazy. Also. Save in the Bar. Do not forget this. I mean it for reals.

    Oh and the level I was on I beat. There are no checkpoints and a pillow right at the start anyways so you have no choice but to beat that level in one life. So it worked out for me.

    But this. Oh man.


    I'll explain.
    DO NOT READ THESE SPOILERS UNLESS YOU HAVE PASSED THE EIGHTH NIGHT
    Katherine comes in and tells Vincent that she's not really pregnant and that she realizes he's been cheating on her. They break up, and Vincent wanders the city, feeling alone for the first time in years. The next day on the toilet at work Vincent and Orlando are talking, and Vincent realizes all the information on Catherine from his cell phone is deleted, icnluding her pictures. Orlando comments that it's a shame, he wishes that he knew what she looked like. Vincent says that Olrando saw her at the bar last night. Orlando says he didn't. Vincent has a freak-out.

    That night at Stray Sheep all his friends say that they've never seen Catherine, and that she is a delusion of Vincent caused by his overtiring from nightmares. Erica comes along and mentions that last night she began seeing the nightmare as well (NOTE: Jonny and Orlando a few nights ago began seeing the nightmare as well. I suspect Erica is starting to see them beacuse she started sleeping with Toby). They leave and Vincent is left alone with Erica and the Bartender. Vincent then remembers that on the night he met with Catherine, she said something to the barkeeper. Vincent confronts the bartender, saying that he heard them exchange words, so Catherine most really exist.

    The Bartender says he's REALLY impressed that Vincent figured everything out, and that he has given up on showing him nightmares. Vincent says he never said anything about being shown nightmares. The Bartender panics a bit, and Vincent pushes him further. He asks him what's going on, grabbing him and the Barkeep's sunglasses fall off to reveal that he's some kind of demon. The Bartender confesses that Catherine is an illusion he sent that asssumes somebody's ideal form. The Bartender sent her out in order to speed up Vincent's inevitable breakup with Katherine.

    Vincent gets pissed off. If the demon is just an illusion, he never actually cheated on Katherine to begin with. He demands that the bartender stop showing people nightmares and (at least in my game) makes him promise to give him another chance to meet with Katherine. The bartender refuses. Vincent says that he'll accept the challenege of another round of nightmares, and the bartender agrees.

    Vincent spends one last night at the bar, with Erica working behind the counter, where he can meet up with all the sheep he saved (I missed one) and get achivements for each one.

    Man. That's pretty insane. I figured it was something alone those lines but I was so confused.
    Like when the next level started I was just like. Wait. What the hell is this about. It already said Last Stage. Lots of stuff happened in that span so I was just watching like WHAT IS GOING OOOOON! But I think we got the same ending stuff because I believe that MUST be what happened to me. Based on what was shown.

    Thanks a ton for that Cygnus. I bow to you.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Finished.

    Got Katherine good ending and Catherine bad ending.
    I dunno, I think that my values are different than the Atlus team. To me living a responsible life doesn't mean one devoid of stimulation. Even though it was a happy ending, I can't help but feel bad for Vincent who's going to be stuck with an overcontrolling Katherine. The bad ending seemed best for Vincent. He's completely rejected by Catherine, but that's not really a bad thing. And hey, he'll get over it and find someone who strikes a better balance between freedom and responsibility than Katherine.. probably. Even if he doesn't, it's better than being stuck with Katherine.

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Finished.

    Got Katherine good ending and Catherine bad ending.
    I dunno, I think that my values are different than the Atlus team. To me living a responsible life doesn't mean one devoid of stimulation. Even though it was a happy ending, I can't help but feel bad for Vincent who's going to be stuck with an overcontrolling Katherine. The bad ending seemed best for Vincent. He's completely rejected by Catherine, but that's not really a bad thing. And hey, he'll get over it and find someone who strikes a better balance between freedom and responsibility than Katherine.. probably. Even if he doesn't, it's better than being stuck with Katherine.

    When I beat it I'll let you know what ending I get.

    And yeah
    Katherine just seems like a bitch. I mean she may not be but after the whole baby thing and stuff it just seems it. Oh and I have a question if you read this Cygnus. What was up with the whole Steve thing and him being eaten by Shadow Vincent? I had no clue what was being talked about there and it seemed really important. If they even said Steve. I just kept hearing that name pop up haha. Maybe it was something else but the Sheep with the tie that gets eaten by Shadow Vincent at the end of that level.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Finished.

    Got Katherine good ending and Catherine bad ending.
    I dunno, I think that my values are different than the Atlus team. To me living a responsible life doesn't mean one devoid of stimulation. Even though it was a happy ending, I can't help but feel bad for Vincent who's going to be stuck with an overcontrolling Katherine. The bad ending seemed best for Vincent. He's completely rejected by Catherine, but that's not really a bad thing. And hey, he'll get over it and find someone who strikes a better balance between freedom and responsibility than Katherine.. probably. Even if he doesn't, it's better than being stuck with Katherine.

    When I beat it I'll let you know what ending I get.

    And yeah
    Katherine just seems like a bitch. I mean she may not be but after the whole baby thing and stuff it just seems it. Oh and I have a question if you read this Cygnus. What was up with the whole Steve thing and him being eaten by Shadow Vincent? I had no clue what was being talked about there and it seemed really important. If they even said Steve. I just kept hearing that name pop up haha. Maybe it was something else but the Sheep with the tie that gets eaten by Shadow Vincent at the end of that level.
    Personally I think she was lying about being pregnant to get Vincent to marry her. Even without that though, she's way too overcontrolling. Vincenent's options are either that or a succubus, what a choice.

    Steve is a dentist that left his wife when he was seduced by Catherine. Somehow he gets Vincent's number, calls him and tells him to break up with Catherine. Vincent tells Catherine about this, but Catherine insists she doesn't know any Steve, so Vincent begins to suspect that Steve is actually Katherine's secret lover. When Vincent confronts Katherine with this, she obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, and it adds to her being suspicious of Vincent.

    Through the puzzle levels Vincent generally tries to help the other sheep to deal with their problems. Each sheep is chased by a different monster, represented by their fears. The fat cop is chased by his dead wife, the womanizing worker is chased by his mother etc. It's possible that Vincent and Steve are sharing the same monster so they appear in the level together. Vincent, who is afraid of facing up to who he really is, and Steve, who sees Vincent as the reason he lost Catherine. At the end of that level, Vincent finally connects the dots between that Sheep and the phone calls from Steve.

  • RisenPhoenixRisenPhoenix SUPER HOTRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Augh, the spoiler trees begin!

    C'MON ATLUS.

  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I would just really like to thank everyone for being cool about tagging spoilers, and I hope it's a trend that continues. I'm trying real hard to go into this as fresh as possible, so as long as no one starts pumping out the untagged spoilers, it's appreciated.

    also RELEASE IT HERE AUUUUGH

  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »
    CygnusZ wrote: »
    Finished.

    Got Katherine good ending and Catherine bad ending.
    I dunno, I think that my values are different than the Atlus team. To me living a responsible life doesn't mean one devoid of stimulation. Even though it was a happy ending, I can't help but feel bad for Vincent who's going to be stuck with an overcontrolling Katherine. The bad ending seemed best for Vincent. He's completely rejected by Catherine, but that's not really a bad thing. And hey, he'll get over it and find someone who strikes a better balance between freedom and responsibility than Katherine.. probably. Even if he doesn't, it's better than being stuck with Katherine.

    When I beat it I'll let you know what ending I get.

    And yeah
    Katherine just seems like a bitch. I mean she may not be but after the whole baby thing and stuff it just seems it. Oh and I have a question if you read this Cygnus. What was up with the whole Steve thing and him being eaten by Shadow Vincent? I had no clue what was being talked about there and it seemed really important. If they even said Steve. I just kept hearing that name pop up haha. Maybe it was something else but the Sheep with the tie that gets eaten by Shadow Vincent at the end of that level.
    Personally I think she was lying about being pregnant to get Vincent to marry her. Even without that though, she's way too overcontrolling. Vincenent's options are either that or a succubus, what a choice.

    Steve is a dentist that left his wife when he was seduced by Catherine. Somehow he gets Vincent's number, calls him and tells him to break up with Catherine. Vincent tells Catherine about this, but Catherine insists she doesn't know any Steve, so Vincent begins to suspect that Steve is actually Katherine's secret lover. When Vincent confronts Katherine with this, she obviously doesn't know what he's talking about, and it adds to her being suspicious of Vincent.

    Through the puzzle levels Vincent generally tries to help the other sheep to deal with their problems. Each sheep is chased by a different monster, represented by their fears. The fat cop is chased by his dead wife, the womanizing worker is chased by his mother etc. It's possible that Vincent and Steve are sharing the same monster so they appear in the level together. Vincent, who is afraid of facing up to who he really is, and Steve, who sees Vincent as the reason he lost Catherine. At the end of that level, Vincent finally connects the dots between that Sheep and the phone calls from Steve.
    I love it. It's true. Vincent is pretty screwed either way. I feel really bad for him but then at the same time I'm not sure if I should. I really like him and I like how he was able to put everything together. Shows he's not just some brainless dumbass going through life not knowing what's going on. I really love his character at least and I'd like to see him again in a future game if they do but.

    And I see.....That's pretty crazy and again luckily close to what I was thinking. Although I didn't realize that was what it was all about. When they mentioned Catherine at the level 7 boss I thought he was talking about Katherine. So I thought it was something else entirely. But it all certainly makes sense now.

    Thank you again. Very much. Sorry to keep asking for things like that. I got through most translated but had to hoof it the last half.

    Still have to beat it but god that first Empireo level kept getting me. I got like two jumps from the finish but Jesus man. I ended up screwing myself on accident and the checkpoint is the bottom of the level. I have tomorrow off though so I'll have it done by either tonight or tomorrow.

    What do you think of the game though having beat it? I really like it as you know but how did you feel about it all now that it's all over and what not?

    And Crappyjack no problem man. I really wouldn't want to spoil the game for anyone. It's very excellent. I did a minor spoiler about things that happened in one of the stages earlier but cj straightened me out and I threw it into a spoiler. There will be no more of that. I can't wait for the game in the states and I already have it nearly done. I can't wait to go through fully knowing what's happening and being able to talk to all the sheep and take everything in.

    Although thanks to Cygnus I do know what happened. *bow*

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Catherine didn't just sell well, it topped the charts.
    * Catherine (Atlus, PS3, 2/17): 141,826
    * Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Capcom, PS3, 2/17): 67,187
    * Samurai Warriors 3Z (Tecmo Koei, PS3, 2/10): 58,089 (266,637)
    * Monster Hunter Freedom 3 (Capcom, PSP, 12/1/2010): 39,727 (4,289,349)
    * Tales of the World Radiant Mythology 3 (Namco Bandai, PSP, 2/10): 26,504 (248,572)
    * Two Worlds 2 (Ubisoft, PS3, 2/17): 24,324
    * Catherine (Atlus, X360, 2/17): 21,936
    * Marvel vs Capcom 3 (Capcom, X360, 2/17): 13,779
    * Haku Ouki Zuisouroku DS (Idea Factory, DS, 2/17): 13,373
    * Ace Attorney Investigations 2 (Capcom, DS, 2/3): 13,186
    * Donkey Kong Returns (Nintendo, Wii, 12/9/2010): 10,824 (817,181)
    * Samura Warriors 3 Xtreme Warriors (Tecmo Koei, Wii, 12/10): 9,638 (32,236)
    * Pokemon Black & White (Pokemon, DS, 9/18/2010): 9,502 (5,081,369)
    * DJ Max Portable 3 (CyberFront, PSP, 2/1): 8,990
    * Two Worlds 2 (Ubisoft, X360, 2/17): 8,225
    * Kenka Bancho 5 (Spike, PSP, 1/27): 8,193 (109,543)
    * Red Dead Redemption Undead Nightmare (Take-2, PS3, 2/10): 7,861 (29,580)
    * Wii Party (Nintendo, Wii, 7/8/2010): 7,472 (1,794,813)
    * Winning Eleven 2011 (Konami, PSP, 11/18/2010): 6,312 (176,788)
    * Ni no Kuni (Level-5, DS, 12/9/2010): 6,174 (481,003)


    Need I say more, Atlus USA?

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • Lezard ValethLezard Valeth Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    western gamers /=/ eastern gamers.

    I'm sure Atlus isn't going to localize Catherine.

    firma1m.th.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Why do you say that?

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • l337CrappyJackl337CrappyJack Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Considering the stuff Atlus does localize, I'd be shocked if they didn't localize this.

    Also, damn, they're not kidding about "nobody in Japan owns a 360."

  • DragkoniasDragkonias Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    The 360 sells around 3k...and even lower sometimes...a month in Japan.

    Most other systems usually break the 10K mark...handhelds are usually 2-3 times more than that.

    So yeah.

  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    To put into perspective, at last I checked, the PS2 almost outsold the 360.

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • jammujammu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This looks promising game. I always like time shenanigans and turn based tactical rpgs.

    calvin1.png
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow this game did good. Awesome.

    Also I fully expect this to come across. It won't stay in Japan. I don't think they've made a game of late that HASN'T come across. Especially if it's selling so well over there. I mean all they need is voice acting and translation and it's brought over. Nothing so crazy it can't be done. And this game has NOTHING in it that would bar it from going anywhere but Japan. It's perfectly fine as an M rated game.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • BursarBursar Smile for the Gamera Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mastrius wrote: »
    Wow this game did good. Awesome.

    Also I fully expect this to come across. It won't stay in Japan. I don't think they've made a game of late that HASN'T come across. Especially if it's selling so well over there. I mean all they need is voice acting and translation and it's brought over. Nothing so crazy it can't be done. And this game has NOTHING in it that would bar it from going anywhere but Japan. It's perfectly fine as an M rated game.

    Wow, it's just that easy! Nothing else possibly has to be done to it!

    GNU Terry Pratchett
    3DS FC: 0810-0331-1324 | PSN: Wstfgl | GamerTag: An Evil Plan
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well yeah, gotta add that mandala onto the cover. :P

    (I would laugh so hard, honestly. And still buy it.)

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Bursar wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »
    Wow this game did good. Awesome.

    Also I fully expect this to come across. It won't stay in Japan. I don't think they've made a game of late that HASN'T come across. Especially if it's selling so well over there. I mean all they need is voice acting and translation and it's brought over. Nothing so crazy it can't be done. And this game has NOTHING in it that would bar it from going anywhere but Japan. It's perfectly fine as an M rated game.

    Wow, it's just that easy! Nothing else possibly has to be done to it!

    This country got Deathsmiles. It will get Catherine.

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • mastriusmastrius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cantido wrote: »
    Bursar wrote: »
    mastrius wrote: »
    Wow this game did good. Awesome.

    Also I fully expect this to come across. It won't stay in Japan. I don't think they've made a game of late that HASN'T come across. Especially if it's selling so well over there. I mean all they need is voice acting and translation and it's brought over. Nothing so crazy it can't be done. And this game has NOTHING in it that would bar it from going anywhere but Japan. It's perfectly fine as an M rated game.

    Wow, it's just that easy! Nothing else possibly has to be done to it!

    This country got Deathsmiles. It will get Catherine.

    That's my point. The main reason we don't see games here is due to content. This game has no extremely effed content that most Japanese games we don't get have. It is perfectly reasonable and made by a company that has always brought their games over for us.

    "You're like a kitten! A kitten who doesn't speak Japanese." ~ Juliet Starling
  • DeMoNDeMoN Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    jammu wrote: »
    This looks promising game. I always like time shenanigans and turn based tactical rpgs.

    Sadly I don't think this game is either of those?

    PSN: Toxic_Cizzle Steam id : Toxic Cizzle
    *TyCart*_banner.jpg
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Chantry of NightmaresRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Well, there's certainly time shenanigans.

    LmDS31r.png
    The 24 Districts: you can't forget about time, but time will remember you. Kill The Past
  • CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    DeMoN wrote: »
    jammu wrote: »
    This looks promising game. I always like time shenanigans and turn based tactical rpgs.

    Sadly I don't think this game is either of those?

    Wrong thread. You're talking about Radiant Historia for DS. Catherine is an action puzzle game with a horror story. :P

    3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
Sign In or Register to comment.