As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Chat]tel and Land

• Options
    KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait, what the hell is a marine pug?

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh, yeah, we definitely should not have propped up Mubarak in the face of an uprising like that. I'm just saying I can understand why we have historically been pretty sympathetic to him.

Eddy wrote: »
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Yeah, there's a pretty strong secularist movement in Egypt, and everyone is hoping that they end up in charge of things. That would, in fact, be better than Mubarak, I think. It's just not something that's predictable, and I can understand why the U.S. would be fans of a stable (if not very nice), secular regime in the area.

I wouldn't be surprised if a secular military bureaucratic-authoritarianism regime pops up. Unlike, say, the American revolution, there isn't a culture of elected representatives already present.

They likely won't look heavily to Roman politic structure like the American founders did, either
    So... Mubarak part II? Except maybe more despotic than Mubarak?

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Irond Will wrote: »
    What's up chat bros?

DK your dog is adorable and reminds me of my friend's dog, who was named Indy.

Also happy friday erryone!

sup fuh wah wah?

Yeah not much. Day off. Bought a bunch of hootch at bevmo. My buddy turned me on to this belgium beer called saison. In fact, I am drinking some right now! Whee!

i think i have had saison but i don't remember much about it

i guess that is what happens at beerfests

i am drinking cocktails tonight. because i didn't drink this week or eat anything before dinner i am all lightweighty

tryin to decide between watchin a movie with the lady tonight or playing lols

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kagera wrote: »
    And if cats are mentally handicapped adults dogs are persistent vegetative state adults.

Whoa whoa, my corgi would never vote republican.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    PreacherPreacher Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Small useless and makes weird breathing noises? Sounds like a marine to me.

Preacher on
    I would like some money because these are artisanal nuggets of wisdom philistine.

pleasepaypreacher.net
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Can't you see his Marines Corps jacket?

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    FroThulhuFroThulhu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Lawndart wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Up until about fifteen minutes ago, I was mostly convinced that this coup in Egypt was a good thing. But now it seems kinda like we're just gonna end up with another country lobbing bombs at Jews and Americans. Of course, this isn't to say that I think Israel is without huuuuge fault in their ongoing conflicts, or that the U.S. doesn't need to mind its own fucking business, but... damn, yo.

Out of all the "well, that sucks" ways Egypt could go, an Islamist proto-Iran is pretty far down on the list of probabilities.

Seems like the thing to do in the Middle East, though. The spin BBC World News is subtly putting on things is that Mubarak was mainly targeting people who would take the country in that direction. But, yeah: spin.

I mean, I'm glad that people in such a nation got to get some shit done by making their voices heard, and without getting completely Tiananmen'd all over the place.

And, as far as the whole "Obama did it" thing: well... I can't fart loud enough to express my opinion of that viewpoint.

FroThulhu on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Actually I don't even know if dogs really are lower in intelligence to cats, I just know that's the trope.

Kagera on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Let's hope the Egyptians decide to build a new government uber-supportive of the US and giving us things! :D

Kagera on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Actually I don't even know if dogs really are lower in intelligence to cats, I just know that's the trope.

On average? Probably not. And I say this as somebody who owns and loves cats.

I'd be very surprised if the smartest domestic cat were smarter than your average border collie or similar herding breed.

But that said, I've met some really godawfully dumb dogs, and some really smart cats, and vice versa. There's too much individual variation.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

i am drinking cocktails tonight. because i didn't drink this week or eat anything before dinner i am all lightweighty

Good fancy beer. My super dapper friend bought a big bottle to superbowl, which was pretty funny in its own right.

What cocktails are you cocktailing?

firewaterword on
    Lokah Samastah Sukhino Bhavantu
  • Options
    LawndartLawndart Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanatos wrote: »
    Lawndart wrote: »
    FroThulhu wrote: »
    Up until about fifteen minutes ago, I was mostly convinced that this coup in Egypt was a good thing. But now it seems kinda like we're just gonna end up with another country lobbing bombs at Jews and Americans. Of course, this isn't to say that I think Israel is without huuuuge fault in their ongoing conflicts, or that the U.S. doesn't need to mind its own fucking business, but... damn, yo.
    Out of all the "well, that sucks" ways Egypt could go, an Islamist proto-Iran is pretty far down on the list of probabilities.
    Yeah, there's a pretty strong secularist movement in Egypt, and everyone is hoping that they end up in charge of things. That would, in fact, be better than Mubarak, I think. It's just not something that's predictable, and I can understand why the U.S. would be fans of a stable (if not very nice), secular regime in the area.

To be honest, the military pulling a Mubarak and claiming there's a "state of emergency" that requires them to hold onto power for just a little bit longer seems more likely than the Muslim Brotherhood taking over.

I mean, there's a chance that Egypt will turn into Pakistan, where a (theoretically) secular government gives Islamist groups way too much leeway and support.

One other big difference is that Egypt is predominantly Sunni, and thus doesn't have the tradition of religious scholars being actively involved in or at least actively criticizing the affairs of the secular state the way Shi'ite Iran did in '79 (and still does). I'm unaware of any charismatic Egyptian Islamist leader peddling wilayat al-faqih as a solution, for example.

Lawndart on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Kagera on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    yessss

I made this tonight. I've never made a proper meal before.

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited February 2011
    Let's hope the Egyptians decide to build a new government uber-supportive of the US and giving us things! :D

mr obama we present your wonderful country with the pyramid of liberty

eat it france

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    firewaterwordfirewaterword Satchitananda Pais Vasco to San FranciscoRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I've only extensively studied Latin American governments, so please excuse my pessimism w/r/t Egypt ...

Eddy on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Nerdgasmic wrote: »
    yessss

:^:

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yessss

cooking is one of my favorite things. casseroles are a good start and there are so many variations. if you have the knack when you get into college it will put you many steps above your ramen-eating buddies.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

oh fuck that would be awesome

edit: especially if it involved chess costumes

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited February 2011

I don't know what a high end call girl costs but it can't be more then $5000 a night. So basing off that, the dude averages 100 threesomes a year. Assuming he doesn't nail any fans.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't really like broccoli too much, but with all that cheese and egg who cares right.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Good fancy beer. My super dapper friend bought a big bottle to superbowl, which was pretty funny in its own right.

What cocktails are you cocktailing?

started with a corpse reviver #2

now drinkin a vieux carre

not really sure where i'm goin from here. i guess it depends on whether frankie is still drinking or not

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011

mr obama we present your wonderful country with the pyramid of liberty

eat it france
    I want a Sphinx of Liberty, dammit!

yessss

cooking is one of my favorite things. casseroles are a good start and there are so many variations. if you have the knack when you get into college it will put you many steps above your ramen-eating buddies.
    Will is correct, Nerd. The ladies love a man who can cook.

Or the boys, whatever you're into.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »

I don't know what a high end call girl costs but it can't be more then $5000 a night. So basing off that, the dude averages 100 threesomes a year. Assuming he doesn't nail any fans.

he's making an office space reference

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't really like broccoli too much, but with all that cheese and egg who cares right.

i love broccoli as long as it's not overcooked

it goes from awesome to gross pretty quickly IMO

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    thanks, guys

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    buhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Broccoli is pretty rad in pad see ew, I will give it that.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'd honestly rather have broccoli overcooked than undercooked

I think it's because of all the steamed broccoli I had growing up

Eddy on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    this dish really reminds me of quiche

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    AriviaArivia I Like A Challenge Earth-1Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hmm, kinda feel like I want to make a casserole this week

gotta figure out something for lunch at least

Arivia on
    huntresssig.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am going to be playing some Dance Central in a couple of hours.

That game is a ton of fun, provided you lack dignity entirely.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    yessss

If you're a dude who can cook in college, it will help you get the laaaaadies. This is truth.

shalmelo on
    Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I could drink the hell out of a vieux carre. I'm not brandy fan #1 but damn with that rye and bitters mmmm.

firewaterword on
  • Options
    ElendilElendil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    hello ladies would you like to drop by my dorm for broccoli and frasier and super smash bros

Elendil on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I am into making you the healer in all future multiplayer lootfest games, thanatos

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    PowerpuppiesPowerpuppies drinking coffee in the mountain cabinRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    finally done with work and i don't feel relaxed at all

Powerpuppies on
    sig.gif
This discussion has been closed.