Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

The Schedule is Revealed

Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
http://east.paxsite.com/schedule.php

FRIDAY
Spoiler:

Moe Fwacky on
sig-500x65.jpg

• Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    SATURDAY
    Spoiler:

sig-500x65.jpg
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Super Moderator, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    SUNDAY
    Spoiler:

sig-500x65.jpg
  • thorkonthorkon Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Looking good! No mc chris, but gonna be a sweet concert :D

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    i've been waiting all morning for the forum to blow up with "OMG the schedule!" stuff. i've already made a (very long) list of the things i want to do. hooray!

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
  • MJPMMJPM Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    All I need now is an unofficial Jamspace Schedule so I can get my headbang on!

paxeast2010dvdsignowout.jpgForumSig2.jpg
  • IxmasatIxmasat Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I shall start prioritizing, then memorizing :)

• klokateer9047klokateer9047 Registered User
    edited February 2011
    No anamanagucci? QQ

Steam:Klokateer9047

Xbox live:Wonderboy9047

@Astonishingmike on twitter

STILL THE BEST 1973-FOREVER
  • TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Just waiting on the Tournament schedule now... looking great though!

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    No anamanagucci? QQ

Thats been announced for a long time now.

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter NJRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    YAY! i cant stop checking the schedule page 8 times a day now!

cant wait! so excited!!!!!!!!!!!!exclamation mark!!!

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff regular
    edited February 2011
    Of to the side at the top is the "gaming schedule" which includes game dev sessions and console tournaments.

• MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User
    edited February 2011
    OMG, all things start at 1030 in the morning. It means most people will have their breakfast meetups while waiting in-line.

I create images with IMPACT.
  • LethalityLethality Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Just a heads up, the dates in the header of the schedule page are last years. I nearly had a hear attack when I looked and thought I had somehow booked an airline ticket and hotel for the wrong weekend!

edited February 2011
    Lethality wrote: »
    Just a heads up, the dates in the header of the schedule page are last years. I nearly had a hear attack when I looked and thought I had somehow booked an airline ticket and hotel for the wrong weekend!

Thanks for the heads-up. Compare to 2010 Keynote started at 2pm, this year 2011 Keynote starts at 1030. It mean we have to start waiting in-line at 0930am. To me, that is tooooo early.

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Thanks for the heads-up. Compare to 2010 Keynote started at 2pm, this year 2011 Keynote starts at 1030. It mean we have to start waiting in-line at 0930am. To me, that is tooooo early.

yeah, when people were just starting to book hotels a few months ago, there were all kinds of complaints that 2pm was too late for some reason, so then it got changed to 10:30am. i personally would have preferred 2pm, but oh well.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
  • GundabadGundabad Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    tvethiopia wrote: »

yeah, when people were just starting to book hotels a few months ago, there were all kinds of complaints that 2pm was too late for some reason, so then it got changed to 10:30am. i personally would have preferred 2pm, but oh well.

I think the 10:30AM start is great. More PAX = better PAX! Also, did anyone see the panel at noon on Friday about how to enjoy PAX East? No offense to the panelists, but if people are there instead of seeing the Q&A at their first PAX, then they are already failing at PAX.

• rnicollrnicoll Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Works well for those of us who are going to be 5 hours jetlegged, and up since 4-5am... *duck*

• danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    OoooooOOOooooo! The Rage Demo should be AWESOME!

• David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, Penny Arcade Staff, PAX Staff regular
    edited February 2011

Woops, sorry to cause the panic!

edited February 2011
    Gundabad wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »

I think the 10:30AM start is great. More PAX = better PAX! Also, did anyone see the panel at noon on Friday about how to enjoy PAX East? No offense to the panelists, but if people are there instead of seeing the Q&A at their first PAX, then they are already failing at PAX.

Keynote starts at 1030am and the Concerts ends pass midnight. OMG, it will be a LONG LONG day on Friday and Saturday.

• Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    World Exclusive Demo of "Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

I have been waiting for this since Studio38 announced their game.

I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • FireWaterFireWater Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Do we know when the PC tournament schedule will be up?

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Oh myyy Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Panelists include: Coray Seifert [IGDA Board Member, Senior Designer, Arkadium]
    Blamimation ALIVE! with Kris and Scott
    Manticore Theatre
    Friday, 2:00pm - 3:00pm
    PATV veterans Scott Kurtz (pvponline.com) and Kris Straub (chainsawsuit.com) take you deep behind the scenes of their hit Blamimation series for one magical hour. Will you help come up with the next breakout hit character? Will you watch it come to life? Will you see Kris and Scott BS for 55 minutes? No, maybe, and yes.

Panelists include: Scott Kurtz [Cartoonist], Kristofer Straub [Cartoonist]
    D&D Edition Wars
    Merman Theatre
    Join Dungeons and Dragons experts Zeb Cook, Mike Mearls and Keith Baker as they analyze and discuss the different editions’ gameplay innovation, Role Play integration, pros, cons and their general favorite aspects of the game. All things D&D will be fair game as they try to determine which edition is the ultimate D&D experience. Moderated by Alex Macris, Publisher of The Escapist.

Seems confusing. Blamimations with Scott and Kris, with panelists who aren't actually Scott and Kris, and at the same time, Scott and Kris will be at a D&D panel.

PSN: ArcticArctos
    3DSXL: 4527-9072-5305
    Steam: Arcadebear
    Brave Frontier: 55922344
  • AsiinaAsiina Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I hate that Scott keeps having his super secret awesome panel that's never recorded during the saturday night concerts. I never go to Friday concerts, but always to the saturday ones so I miss it every time.

• ArcadiaExeterArcadiaExeter NJRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Panelists include: Coray Seifert [IGDA Board Member, Senior Designer, Arkadium]
    Blamimation ALIVE! with Kris and Scott
    Manticore Theatre
    PATV veterans Scott Kurtz (pvponline.com) and Kris Straub (chainsawsuit.com) take you deep behind the scenes of their hit Blamimation series for one magical hour. Will you help come up with the next breakout hit character? Will you watch it come to life? Will you see Kris and Scott BS for 55 minutes? No, maybe, and yes.

Panelists include: Scott Kurtz [Cartoonist], Kristofer Straub [Cartoonist]
    D&D Edition Wars
    Merman Theatre
    Join Dungeons and Dragons experts Zeb Cook, Mike Mearls and Keith Baker as they analyze and discuss the different editions’ gameplay innovation, Role Play integration, pros, cons and their general favorite aspects of the game. All things D&D will be fair game as they try to determine which edition is the ultimate D&D experience. Moderated by Alex Macris, Publisher of The Escapist.

Seems confusing. Blamimations with Scott and Kris, with panelists who aren't actually Scott and Kris, and at the same time, Scott and Kris will be at a D&D panel.

i'm not entirely sure i understand you correctly, but the panel members are listed BELOW the panel they will be in, not above.

• El FantasticoEl Fantastico Oh myyy Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ah, that makes much more sense then. The way my screen shows it is the panelists are just above the panel, so it looks odd that way.

PSN: ArcticArctos
    3DSXL: 4527-9072-5305
    Steam: Arcadebear
    Brave Frontier: 55922344
  • wonderpugwonderpug Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    It's easier to read on the main PAX site. I'm guessing things just lined up weird during the cut & paste.

edited February 2011
    Asiina wrote: »
    I hate that Scott keeps having his super secret awesome panel that's never recorded during the saturday night concerts. I never go to Friday concerts, but always to the saturday ones so I miss it every time.

Both his East and Prime panels are available on YouTube now, and I can upload what I have (recorded the After Hours show at Prime 2010), though it will eventually be part of the Community DVD.

• SatoruSatoru Registered User
    edited February 2011
    If you look at the Tourney Schedule, there's a 2K Games keynote on Friday at 10:00am. Anyone have any idea what they'd be announcing? Doesn't seem to be in the schedule notes.

• LimondLimond Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've got my schedule all planned out now. Last year had more interesting panels to me...but thats good since I didn't spend any time in the Table Top or Freeplay areas.

I've also only now just remembered they the floor plan has yet to be released and how much I've got to see at the Expo Hall.

Final words. Do not miss the Red vs. Blue Panel!

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • luceklucek Registered User
    edited February 2011
    Limond wrote: »
    I've got my schedule all planned out now. Last year had more interesting panels to me...but thats good since I didn't spend any time in the Table Top or Freeplay areas.

I've also only now just remembered they the floor plan has yet to be released and how much I've got to see at the Expo Hall.

know the feeling. I got my parliamentary panels picked out and a few backups and looks like I'll have plenty of time to hang at the free play tables. I still got to set time to track down the Spoony One. I was really hoping he'd have a panel like he had at Magfest but you deal with what you got..

• FrugusFrugus Podcaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I remember how I almost memorized the entire schedule from last year so that I could be sure not to miss a thing, and I only ended up seeing one panel during the entire weekend. It was still the best weekend ever.

This being said kids, you won't be able to see everything, and that's totally ok!

And now, to make a printer friendly version that will also be easy to carry around on my iPhone!

For those interested I'll put it up on my server once I'm done but I don't expect anything before the end of the day.

Club PA Supporter
    PAX East Tickets [ x ] ~ Hotel Booked [ x ] ~ Vacation Booked [ x ]
    [RSS Feed] Eastward Bound to Boston ~ Community Podcast on PAX East
    Steam ~ Twitter ~ Google+
  • zerzhulzerzhul Old General in the treesRegistered User, Super Moderator, Moderator, SolidSaints Zerzhul mod
    edited February 2011
    lucek wrote: »
    Limond wrote: »

know the feeling. I got my parliamentary panels picked out and a few backups and looks like I'll have plenty of time to hang at the free play tables. I still got to set time to track down the Spoony One. I was really hoping he'd have a panel like he had at Magfest but you deal with what you got..

I definitely feel the same way about this year vs. last with the panels... but I spent all my time last year in panels so it will be nice to not feel pressure (from myself) to go to all the panels... I'll spend time in the freeplay areas a ton!

• NatsirtNatsirt Registered User
    edited February 2011
    It is a shame there isn't another live Acquisitions Inc. game, like there was at Prime. That is the thing I was most excited to see.

edited February 2011
    Natsirt wrote: »
    It is a shame there isn't another live Acquisitions Inc. game, like there was at Prime. That is the thing I was most excited to see.

Wouldn't be right to have it without Wil, so I understand its absence.

• FrugusFrugus Podcaster Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    MJPM wrote: »
    Natsirt wrote: »

Wouldn't be right to have it without Wil, so I understand its absence.

But they could have a Dark Sun game right? Is that not with Kurtz, Game, Tycho and Straub? They will all be there for sure. Oh wait, maybe it's in (or not in) the schedule... I did not get the chance to fully check it out yet.

Then again... They could always make up something at the last second, last year the schedule did not go 100% as planned!

Club PA Supporter
    PAX East Tickets [ x ] ~ Hotel Booked [ x ] ~ Vacation Booked [ x ]
    [RSS Feed] Eastward Bound to Boston ~ Community Podcast on PAX East
    Steam ~ Twitter ~ Google+
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Anyone know if the concerts listed are in order of when they are going on?

edit: as in, are each artist in order?

• NoisymunkNoisymunk Tungsten body, glowing mind! Rhode IslandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Anyone know if the concerts listed are in order of when they are going on?

edit: as in, are each artist in order?

That's usually how it worked out in the past.

• MasterMargieMasterMargie Registered User
    edited February 2011
    The gaming schedule isn't finalized, is it? I'd be kinda disappointed to see this little going on.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Happy to see the schedule up. Will probably be spending less time in panels than last year based on the schedule, but that means more time for the Expo hall and tabletop freeplay. Also, just checking are the theatre names correct for the BCEC?