As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

AAADRIAAAN! [Time to start training for PAX]

FrugusFrugus PhotographerMontrealRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in PAX Archive
Now that the schedule is out, it's time to really start training for PAX.

Me:
  • Play Magic the Gathering - Duel of the planewalkers on my PC, so that I don't arrive at PAX completely clueless. I also downloaded the PDF manual off from the WotC website so I could read it on my Phone but I never got around too it, even though it's been two months now.
  • Maybe buy DnD Player's Handbook, looks like they are still on special over at Amazon, but I would be happier to know if my books were acquired at PAX East direct.
  • Get back on the Rock Band bandwagon.
  • Make a list of panels I would not mind going to.
  • Acquire Gold, Jewels and other loot to splurge on the trip.
  • Finalize my list of restaurants I would not mind hitting up.

Frugus Eggbeater
ufCl1ui.png
Frugus on

• Options
    trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Hmm, Planeswalker is probably a good idea for me as well. I was looking over the rules and expansions again yesterday (I stopped playing MtG in Invasion block) and I was pretty confused.

As for me:

1) Listing restaurants I want to hit
    2) Possibly organizing a trip to Harpoon Brewery (It's a 15 minute walk from BCEC - They have 2 tastings on fridays and tours all day Saturdays and Sundays) - It's also right next to yankee lobster for some seafood goodness!
    3) Dust off the DS and figure out what I should bring (DQix, professor layton games...etc)
    4) A week beforehand, start pre-empting the sleep situation by getting a few extra winks
    5) Make a list for my backpack. Inevitably if I don't make a list, I forget things...like food (which if hiking is never a good thing)
    6) Trying not to get too excited.

trinistand on
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh yay, there will be a Soul Calibur Tournament.

Although I don't see a Blaz Blue one, thats prolly good cause I never got around to getting the newer one.

Kai_San on
  • Options
    RavengerRavenger Trolololo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like how I saw the title of this thread and assumed it was a workout thread. fail >.<

Ravenger on
    <@heels&gt; Ravenger: i do not talk to anyone
    <+Ravenger> you are talking to me
    <@heels&gt; oh god, what am i doing
  • Options
    ravemongerravemonger [E] Silicon ValleyRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This thread needs a montage.

ravemonger on
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    My fiancee bought us portable chargers for our iPhones -- a dream come true after years of sitting next to power outlets for long periods of time.

I need to get some better walking shoes.

Masquerade78 on
  • Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I think the only way that I can do this is with a custom Google Calendar. I can't schedule my real life without one, so this is the only logical way I can meet up with people since I will be stretched redonkulously thin AND I'm having three people stay with me (not in a hotel room. Like, in my house).

juju on
    PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    Masquerade78Masquerade78 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    juju wrote: »
    I think the only way that I can do this is with a custom Google Calendar. I can't schedule my real life without one, so this is the only logical way I can meet up with people since I will be stretched redonkulously thin AND I'm having three people stay with me (not in a hotel room. Like, in my house).

We set everything up in our shared Google Calendar with alarms so that we don't forget/miss a panel -- we get overwhelmed by the sights and sounds and forget to look at the time occasionally.

Masquerade78 on