As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    she did all the female voices, including wendy

• Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    Fuck Shearer. Cry me a river you don't want to get paid millions to read stuff.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular
    I love how Shearer is the bad guy for saying he's quitting to pursue other work and not Al Jean for shitting over voice acting as a Job and his entire cast because he and Shearer don't like each other.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    Warlock82Warlock82 Never pet a burning dog Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    How is Al Jean "shitting on voice acting" in that article? All he said was there is a very minimal and flexible time commitment so Shearer can pursue other work AND still do the Simpsons. If he wants - who knows, he hasn't bothered to tell anyone what's actually going on or even formally inform the producers that he's leaving. So I mean, yeah, Shearer is kind of being an ass here. He could at least have the decency of telling them what's actually going on instead of leaking it to a tabloid and posting a vague tweet.

Warlock82 on
    Switch: 2143-7130-1359 | 3DS: 4983-4927-6699 | Steam: warlock82 | PSN: Warlock2282
  • Options
    Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    Here's what I think happened; Shearer was about to call and sign up again, when he got trapped under old newspapers/piles of money! No one has heard from him since, but he's maintaining his sanity by dribbling a basketball. Seeing how many he can bounce in a row, then trying to break that record.

Oh brilliant
  • Options
    AbsoluteZeroAbsoluteZero The new film by Quentin Koopantino Registered User regular
    I'm not saying Shearer is a bad guy, but I am saying fuck him. You get no sympathy from me when you turn down a job that pays millions. Boo fucking hoo.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    I'm not saying Shearer is a bad guy, but I am saying fuck him. You get no sympathy from me when you turn down a job that pays millions. Boo fucking hoo.

He doesnt want any?
    Hes understandably tired of doing something for 25 years. hes not quitting for the freedom to do other things hes quitting because he doesnt want to be on the show anymore

King Riptor on
  • Options
    edited May 2015
    But I'm supposed to feel bad that Al Jean is shitting on him? Fuck him. In fact, fuck both of them.

AbsoluteZero on
    cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    GlalGlal AiredaleRegistered User regular
    edited May 2015
    The jelly in this thread, it floweth over.
    Wait, wrong word.

Glal on
  • Options
    But I'm supposed to feel bad that Al Jean is shitting on him? Fuck him. In fact, fuck both of them.

No is asking you to do that. Maybe take a rage dump though

• Options
    AstaleAstale Registered User regular
    When I read about this thing, I only really had one thought.

"The Simpsons is still on the air?"

Of course I thought the same thing when the movie came out.

• Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular

People here aren't feeling bad for him, we're just wondering why Fox won't budge on a contract dispute when it jeopardizes one of their more profitable and longest running shows.

Then again, the show is a husk of it's former self and no one including Fox cares what happens to it at this point.

• Options
    Captain TragedyCaptain Tragedy Registered User regular
    edited May 2015
    They're not budging because it's the same deal that every main cast member of The Simpsons has, and (if Al Jean is believed) he barely showed up as it is and he's given the option to literally phone his performance in.

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    It sounds like Shearer doesn't want to do Simpsons because then he's not able to or allowed to do other stuff. Jean says he's full of shit. Someone in this equation is certainly full of shit. It's no great loss either way.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    Yeah, there's a degree of "he said, he said" that we're probably not going to get the full truth of any time soon (or at all).

• Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    Way to spoil the fucking episode Entertainment Weekly.

• Options
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    Logic and an insanely cushy part-time job prevail.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    The Hollywood Reporter's saying Shearer took exactly the same deal he was initially offered, so yeah, he blinked.

• Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    His bluff was called and he folded. All that drama over nothing.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    I'm just glad Jean was a big enough person to take him back. The season was already in production, and it would have been a hell of a lot cheaper to just replace him.

• Options
    ButcherButcher Registered User regular
    Shearer is such a fucking diva.

• Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I assume it went something like this:

Https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUuaOzM5ltk

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Also, Al Jean read that the scripts for next couple seasons and let's just say they moved him...

...TO A BIGGER HOUSE!!

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    DanHibikiDanHibiki Registered User regular
    edited July 2015
    Brainiac 8 wrote: »
    His bluff was called and he folded

like super man on laundry day

DanHibiki on
  • Options
    Brainiac 8Brainiac 8 Don't call me Shirley... Registered User regular
    I wonder if Shearer thought that making this public it would force their hand into upping his pay?

If that was the case, he failed spectacularly.

3DS Friend Code - 1032-1293-2997
    Nintendo Network ID - Brainiac_8
    PSN - Brainiac_8
    Steam - http://steamcommunity.com/id/BRAINIAC8/
    Add me!
  • Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    Are the latest Simpsons episodes all generally like that short?

H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited October 2015
    Rise, thread, with the announcement of a 2 season renewal for Bob's Burgers.

http://deadline.com/2015/10/bobs-burgers-renewed-two-more-seasons-fox-1201568804/

Captain Tragedy on
  • Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    The only thing that would make that news better is if for every addition to BB's lifespan, Family Guy loses another season.

• Options
    Over on the Simpsons side, Sideshow Bob will finally kill Bart on the latest Treehouse of Horror. Based on the Entertainment Weekly writeup, it sounds like Bart will get killed a LOT.

The other segments are Homerzilla (yes, we know, Homer was King Kong way back when) and a dark sendup of Chronicle. Also, more crap from John Kricfalusi that was supposed to air last Halloween, because John Kricfalusi.

the-simpsons-john-k-couch-gag.jpg

October 25th this year. Apparently there's going to be a "regular" Halloween-themed episode the week before.

• Options
    And if anyone cares, Al Jean thinks the Simpsons will end at season 30.

Also the "Homer and Marge totally break up!" episode blew. Then again I'm not a fan of Lena Dunham, so that might have colored my take a bit.

• Options
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    And if anyone cares, Al Jean thinks the Simpsons will end at season 30.

Also the "Homer and Marge totally break up!" episode blew. Then again I'm not a fan of Lena Dunham, so that might have colored my take a bit.

Of course it blew. Not only wasnt it gonna last past that episode (because god forbid Al Jean try to alter the status quo ) it was a dream so none of it mattered in the actual episode.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    It would have been really nice if for a season Homer and Marge did break up and we had a season long arc leading to their reconciliation.

That would have kept my interest. Given me a reason to watch.

This show has been on too long and needs to do something to change things up

• Options
    MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular

http://deadline.com/2015/10/bobs-burgers-renewed-two-more-seasons-fox-1201568804/

Oh cool, that explains why CN ditched a half hour of koth for bob's every night.

• Options
    Morkath wrote: »

Oh cool, that explains why CN ditched a half hour of koth for bob's every night.

And the world is better for it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

Thems fightin words, I tell you what.

cs6f034fsffl.jpg
  • Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular

I agree with this opinion.

• Options

Thems fightin words, I tell you what.

I like KoTH but time to let some fresh blood onto the lineup. They should really do it with the hour of Family Guy too.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA