As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Fox/adult Disney animation] Krapopolis is apparently appropriately named

• Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I'm very disappointed by the lack of American Dad this week.

• Options
    KirbithKirbith I appear to be made of delicious cake. Registered User regular
    I kind of want them to retire Ned too.

I'd rather she be given good closure instead of "she dumped him and moved away" or just plain pretend she never existed (like Phil Hartman's characters).

The black armband and picture next to Maude suggested they actually wrote her death in.

Yea, I thought it was really sweet that they did that for her character so that Edna didn't just disappear with nothing said about it.

Backloggery | Steam - Kirbith | PSN - Kirbith | 3DS: 4957-2249-4817
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Family Guy was eh. There was a good joke about Modern Family and Russell Brand but other than that, McFarlane must've had the B-team on this while he worked on Cosmos or something.

• Options
    ZythonZython Registered User regular
    Kirbith wrote: »

I'd rather she be given good closure instead of "she dumped him and moved away" or just plain pretend she never existed (like Phil Hartman's characters).

The black armband and picture next to Maude suggested they actually wrote her death in.

Yea, I thought it was really sweet that they did that for her character so that Edna didn't just disappear with nothing said about it.

You know, as much as the death of Edna's VA sucks, my brother pointed out that this allows the writers to do something they've never done before.

Have Bart & Lisa move up a grade. It would be nice to put them in the 5th/3rd grades.

Switch: SW-3245-5421-8042 | 3DS Friend Code: 4854-6465-0299 | PSN: Zaithon
    Steam: pazython
  • Options
    skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Zython wrote: »

You know, as much as the death of Edna's VA sucks, my brother pointed out that this allows the writers to do something they've never done before.

Have Bart & Lisa move up a grade. It would be nice to put them in the 5th/3rd grades.

That's cute.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    skeldare wrote: »

That's cute.

Yeah, they're more likely going to write in a new teacher, or not even acknowledge the existence of a 4th grade teacher.

• Options
    King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

They've never needed an excuse. Al Jean refuses any major changes unless somebody above him says so

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
  • Options
    TexiKenTexiKen Dammit! That fish really got me!Registered User regular
    Oh there was an AD last night, just in front of the Simpsons.

It was really good, the b-plot surpassed the a-plot. And without making a big deal about it Roger switching heads with people is creepier than many horror movies.

• Options
    I love that it was all unessecary but Roger just wanted to use the gun.

• Options
    The sight of Roger using his own face as a towel to whip the coach was very disturbing...

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KingofMadCowsKingofMadCows Registered User regular
    I thought the Steve plot was pretty bad despite having some funny gags and jokes. They should have just focused on the Naughty Stewardesses plot.

"He just punched her in the face like three seconds ago."

• Options
    Steve must never have sex plots are always aces.

• Options
    I would totally watch The Naughty Stewardesses on Fox.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    I thought the Steve plot was pretty bad despite having some funny gags and jokes. They should have just focused on the Naughty Stewardesses plot.

"He just punched her in the face like three seconds ago."

I was just the opposite myself.

• Options
    edited March 2014
    Great episode of American Dad.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDWzerMiYo4

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Hexmage-PAHexmage-PA Registered User regular
    edited March 2014
    I'm glad the new American Dad was so good. The show's been going on for long enough that I've been paranoid lately that it will start to go down hill.

"Toshi! Use your Mega Hanger!"
    "HITLER BORN IN 3...2..."

Hexmage-PA on
  • Options
    DasUberEdwardDasUberEdward Registered User regular
    Patrick Stewart was amazing in this ep. As usual.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Wow, American Dad did two jokes about actors not recognizing movies/TV shows they've been in. I'm surprised they didn't space those out a bit.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    Cokomon wrote: »
    Wow, American Dad did two jokes about actors not recognizing movies/TV shows they've been in. I'm surprised they didn't space those out a bit.

I recognized the Patrick Stewart one. What was the other one?

• Options
    CokomonCokomon Our butts are worth fighting for! Registered User regular
    Cokomon wrote: »

I recognized the Patrick Stewart one. What was the other one?

Last week's had a joke between Steve and Barry about Revenge of the Nerds, with Snot commenting that he'd never seen the movie.

post.png
    Twitter: Cokomon | dA: Cokomon | Tumblr: Cokomon-art | XBL / NNID / Steam: Cokomon
  • Options
    cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    The latest up for a Simpsons couch gag is Michal Socha. I have no idea who he is other than an indie animator, but what he produced is something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ol7zhnpBY0

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Not sure if that's more or less weird then Bill Plympton's...

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2014
    So I guess American Dad is gonna end seasons with musicals now. I was kinda disappointed the Agent wasnt Turlington though.

Pretty solid episode

Bobs burgers was meh.

King Riptor on
  • Options
    So I guess American Dad is gonna end seasons with musicals now. I was kinda disappointed the Agent wasnt Rurlington though.

Pretty solid episode

Luckily that wasn't the season finale.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Oh it wasnt?

Oh good.

• Options
    ViskodViskod Registered User regular
    edited April 2014
    So I guess American Dad is gonna end seasons with musicals now. I was kinda disappointed the Agent wasnt Turlington though.

Pretty solid episode

Bobs burgers was meh.

I believe the exact opposite. I thought American Dad was horrible and the music was awful and Bob's Burgers was hilarious.

Viskod on
  • Options
    The songs were eh. The jokes were good especially Steve at the prison

• Options
    InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »
    The latest up for a Simpsons couch gag is Michal Socha. I have no idea who he is other than an indie animator, but what he produced is something else:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ol7zhnpBY0

OK at :33, those are sperm in the background, right? So the white stuff they're floating in is... fluid?

• Options
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    Next Sunday, no less. And it looks like the Futurama crossover has been pushed back to the fall.

They did another Simpsons future episode a couple Sundays ago (I'm on DVR/life stuff delay), and it went full Futurama: countless Homer clones, zombie Milhouse, Bart's ex-wife dating an alien, etc. yet for all the crazy crap it managed to be not horrible. Not great, but a few funny bits and it didn't make my fly into a murderous rage like the one where Lisa becomes president.

• Options
    Okay, the Lego episode of the Simpsons was fantastic. Loads of great sight gags, a core of sweetness, and a sly acknowledgement they got beaten like a drum by The Lego Movie.

• Options
    Professor SnugglesworthProfessor Snugglesworth Registered User regular
    This week's Simpsons...
    is incredibly depressing :(

• Options
    FOX Give Update on The Simpsons and Family Guy Crossover

bart-stewie-simpsons-fox-upfront-1-610x342.jpg
    homer-peter-simpsons-fox-upfront-1-610x343.jpg
    At FOX's Upfront presentation today, Chairman of Entertainment Kevin Reilly gave an update on the upcoming crossover between The Simpsons and Family Guy.

The crossover was first announced last year, and was said to take place during an episode of Family Guy, called "The Simpsons Guy." However, it seems the project has grown in scale, as Reilly referred to it as a special, and used The Simpsons Guy title as though it would be used as branding for the entire thing.

Some new footage from the special was presented on the screens during the presentation, though Reilly was speaking over it, so we didn't get the full effect of the scenes. However, a couple of standout moments were Stewie, looking a little unsure of himself, attempting to skate with Bart and, in a moment many will find of note, Homer and Peter getting into an all-out brawl.

The two end up rolling around in the street, and the last thing we saw was Homer grabbing Peter around his neck and throttling him as only Homer can.

The Simpsons Guy will air in September on FOX.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    Ugh, I know there's precedent for this, but I am not looking forward to this.

• Options
    It gets worse.
    Aside from the Bart-Stewie and Homer-Peter pairings, Lisa will help Meg find something she's good at doing, while their moms, Marge and Lois, escape housewife life.

http://mashable.com/2014/05/12/simpsons-family-guy-crossover-episode-september-fox-upfront/

The whole setup just screams "lazy." And an hour long? Christ.

• Options
    see317see317 Registered User regular
    Wonder who Chris is going to get paired up with for wacky adventures. Grandpa Simpson? Moleman?

• Options
    see317 wrote: »
    Wonder who Chris is going to get paired up with for wacky adventures. Grandpa Simpson? Moleman?

Big extended joke about how he doesn't have a person to pair up with.

• Options
    see317 wrote: »

Maggie

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I know I'm overthinking it, but I just can't get over what a mess this will be. Simpsons and FG have such different styles (even though Simpsons have definitely veered more towards FG humor in recent years) but more importantly all of FG characters are horrible, horrible people.

• Options
    I'm more worried they've already admitting they're recycling the brawl between NotHomer and the chicken, only with Homer. What other crap is going to be recycled?