As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Starcraft 2: Announcing National Announcement Service, Ltd

• Options
    MashimaroMashimaro Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Fizban140 wrote: »
    3clipse wrote: »
    It's because he's a LoL player.

That game is all about the sick microez, yo.

You see the same thing when War3 players make the transition a lot of the time: they have awesome micro, and their macro is lacking.

Yeah I guess, I think the micro in LOL is pretty simple though, one unit with 4 abilities...pretty simple.

I really need to quit being lazy and get into this game, someone make fun of me until I give in. Peer pressure also works.

I'm kind of a LoL hater - not because the game is bad - but it's sooooo simple. Microing one character isn't really tricky - and it's mostly about knowing your health bar well enough to know when to retreat and when you can push it to get a kill. LoL games are fun to play... but I just can't take them seriously as strategy games.

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Mashimaro wrote: »

You see the same thing when War3 players make the transition a lot of the time: they have awesome micro, and their macro is lacking.

Yeah I guess, I think the micro in LOL is pretty simple though, one unit with 4 abilities...pretty simple.

I really need to quit being lazy and get into this game, someone make fun of me until I give in. Peer pressure also works.

I'm kind of a LoL hater - not because the game is bad - but it's sooooo simple. Microing one character isn't really tricky - and it's mostly about knowing your health bar well enough to know when to retreat and when you can push it to get a kill. LoL games are fun to play... but I just can't take them seriously as strategy games.
    Eh, there is a ton of strategy involved in position and all that. You really need to know all the match ups in the game, which is a lot of knowledge.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    LoL has a lot of strategic depth. It's just impossible to play with other people. Because those other people are from the internet. Imagine if you played a 5v5 in SC2 and 2-3 players on your team were not only bronze, but were helping the enemy team attack your base.

That's what playing LoL is like.

JAEF on
  • Options
    WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    "2 base all-in"

He doesn't seem very high level to me. No, you didnt need broodlords. Perhaps making Hydras and Corrupters might've helped you?!

Complaining about Scrap as Zerg. I think he's bad.

What on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What wrote: »
    "2 base all-in"

He doesn't seem very high level to me. No, you didnt need broodlords. Perhaps making Hydras and Corrupters might've helped you?!

yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah after watching his stream i would have to agree with duld

but enough about that guy

what about our new savior and hero

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTb1ofu_EDcr4wExwvYfzbn7O4hnqDC1F1I0DMM2OdgshSWFPb4&t=1

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    "2 base all-in"

Complaining about Scrap as Zerg. I think he's bad.

Yeah but he is Masters League. His knowledge doesn't seem the greatest but he gets wins somehow, micro maybe?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    morrow is on mouz right? that's who I was thinking of when I said they were good

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He might be really good at roach rushing. Masters doesnt mean he's good you know.

He just sent his overlord to the T's base and didnt check gas. That's a big blunder!!!

What on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'd complain about scrap as zreg. same principle as basin though not as bad

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    man I'm getting dangerously close to being ranked 1 in my bronze division

it's good and bad... what I want is a promotion but I don't deserve one yet. still way to close to 50/50 against equal level people. argh. still lose to dumb things.

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    He might be really good at roach rushing. Masters doesnt mean he's good you know.

He just sent his overlord to the T's base and didnt check gas. That's a big blunder!!!

Does that make you a bad player if you are mostly only good at one strategy? I mean if it works it works, right?

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    people in masters can't counter 6 pools? that's odd. I see it and beat it even when they drone all in. keep pumping workers until they get there and then do a surround.

Jars on
  • Options
    MuridenMuriden Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I 4gated your Mom last night.

Muriden on
    MrGulio.332 - Lover of fine Cheeses. Replays
    301787-1.png
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wait a Zerg complained about Scrap station?

Autobad.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    on what principle should a zerg like scrap station?

Variable on
  • Options
    iowaiowa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    safe natural expo bro

iowa on
  • Options
    undeinPiratundeinPirat Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    on what principle should a zerg like scrap station?

it looks pretty

undeinPirat on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] steam: undeinpirat
  • Options
    TannerMSTannerMS "I'm confidence cause I'm zerg!" Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Autobad.

No good third, virtually impossible to flank any kind of 2 base play. The only thing I like about Scrap is how easy it is to counter attack. When Blistering and Delta get removed it's definitely going on the ban list. It's very difficult to stop a roach all-in on Scrap, I'm not sure what else about it is great for zerg. Apart from Cliff drops, LT, Shakuras, Metal (non-close) all have safer naturals.

TannerMS on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    close muta distance

iowa on
  • Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

it's good and bad... what I want is a promotion but I don't deserve one yet. still way to close to 50/50 against equal level people. argh. still lose to dumb things.

embrace the #1 spot, and make it impossible for the rest of your div to come close.

eventually, you'll figure out how to beat higher level players. but damnit, your beter than the rst of the idiots in your div.

Joe K on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    iowa wrote: »
    safe natural expo bro

There's another map with a safe natural expo. I think it's called jungle basin.

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TannerMS wrote: »

Autobad.

No good third, virtually impossible to flank any kind of 2 base play. The only thing I like about Scrap is how easy it is to counter attack. When Blistering and Delta get removed it's definitely going on the ban list. It's very difficult to stop a roach all-in on Scrap, I'm not sure what else about it is great for zerg. Apart from Cliff drops, LT, Shakuras, Metal (non-close) all have safer naturals.

the gigantic ramp, which naturally form around crystals and vespene geysers, make it a baneling bust waiting to happen.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Joe K wrote: »

embrace the #1 spot, and make it impossible for the rest of your div to come close.

eventually, you'll figure out how to beat higher level players. but damnit, your beter than the rst of the idiots in your div.

oh I'll wear it loud and proud believe me :D I just want more

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    safe natural expo bro

Doesn't change the fact Scrap is a good map for Z. No early pressure whatsoever and a safe expansion.

What on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    TheBog wrote: »
    safe natural expo bro

Doesn't change the fact Scrap is a good map for Z. No early pressure whatsoever and a safe expansion.

then JB is also a good map for zerg

... which is false

I'll give it to joe that a wide ramp does favor z but there are other spots to wall or create chokes very easily with building placement

Variable on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    No early pressure on JB? wat

What on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    why can you pressure on jb and not scrap? if you wanted to

the issue with jb isn't early pressure, it's the game beyond 2 bases... which zerg also can't stop their opponent from taking at all

I feel pretty sure about this, especially since zerg are agreeing with me and I've heard them say it before, but if you want to say it's different that's fine.

Variable on
  • Options
    3cl1ps33cl1ps3 I will build a labyrinth to house the cheese Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Scrap is hard for other races because we don't have creep to connect our bases and mutas can just abuse the fuck out of that fact.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'm speaking of Rush distances. The distance on scrap forces mid/late game which is good for zerg.

What on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I don't know the time distance so I guess

I still don't think it's zerg favored

I'm fine with saying it's balanced! but to say a Z is crazy for not liking it is ignoring the architecture of the map

Variable on
  • Options
    DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    maps with a safe natural don't favour zerg, they favour the other races

Zerg has the easiest time defending a natural due to creep between the bases, and they are also the race that needs most to be ahead on bases, so if both players can take a safe natural that disadvantages the Zerg.

Dhalphir on
  • Options
    FrozenzenFrozenzen Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Scrap is amazingly zerg favored in ZvP. Dunno why, but it is.

Frozenzen on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    in non mirror matches zergs will almost always take the nat expo before the opponent takes his.

this opens the z up to a lot of harassments/bunker rush/2 gate etc

when its safer to defend the nat expo the zerg has an easier time with this.

easy nat d maps favor zerg.

"due to creep between the bases" is not any kind of logic man. its just you saying something. you typing words

iowa on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I wonder if that's because there's a big difference in *how* the bases are safe.

My theory:

On Scrap Station, the natural is kind of safe, but the destructable rocks make it a little like Blistering Sands in that it opens up an extra attack route - add in short air distances, which make mutalisks a great option - and you can pretty much always be hitting them where they are not.

Also, because of the long attack route, abusing a P or T deathball's immobility by hitting them at home while they are trying to push is a lot easier.

On Jungle Basin, on the other hand, the bases are far by both land and air - so Mutalisks aren't as effective. Additionally, it features a small ramp and the distance between the main ramp and the back entrance is a loooooong way for Z to travel and short for the defending Protoss/Terran. Lastly, counter-attacks, generally, have to move close to the main attack path of the incoming deathball, rendering them less effective.

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    wakkawawakkawa Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Who Just won a gaming computer?

<---- This Guy

Thanks to all that voted for me :D

wakkawa on
  • Options
    KamiKami Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »

<---- This Guy

Woot, grats man!

I also wanted to tell you I snagged up the newest copy of ImagineFX, and loved your workshop <3

Kami on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    wakkawa wrote: »

<---- This Guy

:^: Best of luck with the drawing to hang out with Day[9] and all!

Mashimaro on
    463084-1.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Grats wakkawawkkawakwa!

Definitely give a print to @cjjmiller I hear he's a cool guy and stuff.

(totally not me)
    it's actually me
    or is it?
    yeah, it is.

3cl1ps3 on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    in non mirror matches zergs will almost always take the nat expo before the opponent takes his.

this opens the z up to a lot of harassments/bunker rush/2 gate etc

when its safer to defend the nat expo the zerg has an easier time with this.

easy nat d maps favor zerg.

"due to creep between the bases" is not any kind of logic man. its just you saying something. you typing words

creep gives zerg units a 1.3 muliplier to their speed. it does make connected bases easier to defend.

Joe K on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

Does that make you a bad player if you are mostly only good at one strategy? I mean if it works it works, right?

that depends who you ask. i can attribute my recent (mid Dec->Now) to exactly one strat. its incredibly effectve if you don't know its coming, and thats most players where i'm at.

Joe K on