As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Help with what should be a simple calculation

El MuchoEl Mucho Registered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey guys,

I am trying to calculate roughly the cost per page to print from my printer. I found a link from HP for my printer that does just that, however I can't make sense of one of their numbers. The number in the column labelled Ink+ph cost US dollar/ft2. I feel like i am missing something obvious but for the life of me I can't figure out how they get that number.

Anyway here is the page

Any help is much appreciated.

BNet: ElMucho#1392
Origin: theRealElMucho
El Mucho on

• MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    They are giving you the cost to print one square foot of paper. An 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper is roughly 0.65 square feet, so just multiply the Ink+ph cost US dollar/ft2 figure by 0.65 and you'll have the cost per page of letter sized paper.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg
  • MidshipmanMidshipman Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Additionally, if you are trying to figure out how they obtained their cost/ft2 figure, they give you quite a bit of information lower on the chart. The only information that they don't present is the breakdown of color usage on each print job, so you can't entirely recreate their figures. I suppose if that level of detail is something that you really need, you should probably get in touch with their support or even sales departments.

Midshipman on
    midshipman.jpg