As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mono[chat]

• Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Gim wrote: »
    "Sure, I'll just go to sleep for an hour. I don't need to set an alarm at all. My tired body will know that I actually want to be awake when it's smack dab in the middle of REM and it will be done. This is a sound plan."

Damn it, I missed Fringe.

classic self convincing when you're tired

how can you be so susceptible and yet so cunning all at once

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Winky wrote: »
    How do you not get signals that loud. Is it a self-image thing? Like, I don't register small ones, or I'll question the hell out of them and wonder if I'm misinterpreting things, but man, the best thing to do is decide subtle suggestions that a girl might be into you is your cue to make her so in an obvious way.

I get caught up on little things.

Like, so, she sent me the pictures, and we talked a lot about doing it.

Not a little thing.
    But then we went back to school and didn't see each other for like a year. Then we saw each other again and I didn't because I was like "it's been a while, maybe she doesn't want to anymore."

Never assume. Assumptions are dumb. But if you are going to assume something, assume the positive, because worst case scenario is you are wrong and you don't get laid. Best case scenario? You were right, and you do get laid.
    And then, like, recently she seemed pretty into me and she actually asked me about the pictures. Like something about sending them back to her if I still had them (I didn't). But she just started dating a dude.

So...

Dunno.

I'd say that kind of depends on the whether she's in a relationship with the dude or has just been on a couple of dates, and if there's anything there. But yeah, maybe you've missed your chance. Chances. Seriously, what the fuck man.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    GimGim a tall glass of water Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    "Sure, I'll just go to sleep for an hour. I don't need to set an alarm at all. My tired body will know that I actually want to be awake when it's smack dab in the middle of REM and it will be done. This is a sound plan."

"So I'm telling me that I can have the best of both worlds? I don't know. Wait, I do know? Hot dog!"

Gim on
  • Options
    South hostSouth host I obey without question Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Playing Crimson Skies while I'm in one of my Warhammer 40K kicks is basically just making me imagine a Call of Duty style game where you play as the Imperial Guard.

Specifically, a level where you play as a guy in the Death Korps of Krieg, in trench warfare against Orks. And they have zeppelins, because hey, they're Orks, why not. And as these giant war zeppelins bristling with guns float towards your lines, in support of a massive infantry push, your regiment is ordered to charge the Orks, while a Commissar yells "Our deaths will be MAGNIFICENT!" and maybe "Glory for the first man to die! CHARGE!"

Also, I've had a pretty good amount of gin, so yeah.

South host on
    Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
  • Options
    CindersCinders Whose sails were black when it was windy Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Here is a picture of my penis.

Wanna fuck?
    yes[] no[]

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    If I didn't have a shit load of issues that make physical and emotional intimacy extremely difficult to engage in I think I'd have a girlfriend right now. I'm charming, overweight but not ugly, passionate, romantic, I have a nice penis, and I'm not oblivious to opportunities.

Also, at the end of the day, probably the most important thing (aside from not being some poor mouth-breathing chud) is having a positive, assertive attitude. Be the guy you want to be. Or fake it really really well.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    InquisitorInquisitor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Commissars should just steal Blucher's lines from Waterloo "Raise high the black flags children. No pity. No prisoners. I'll shoot any man I see with pity in him. Forward!"

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cinders wrote: »
    Here is a picture of my penis.

Wanna fuck?
    yes[] no[]

Yes.

Wait, where am I?

Look, all I know is straight people give each other flowers. Or something.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Why have I never heard that line before?

South host on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Good morning [chat].

BobCesca on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    If there's one thing I absolutely lack, it's assertion.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Why have I never heard that line before?

Because you don't watch awesome movies about Napoleon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oLflPilcMc

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Something like the Reply of the Zaporozhian Cossacks would also work pretty well for a commissar.
    Thou art a turkish imp, the damned devil's brother and friend, and a secretary to Lucifer himself. What the devil kind of knight art thou that cannot slay a hedgehog with your naked arse? The devil shits, and your army eats. Thou a son of a bitch wilt not ever make subjects of Christian sons; we have no fear of your army, by land and by sea we will battle with thee, fuck thy mother.

Thou art the Babylonian scullion, Macedonian wheelwright, brewer of Jerusalem, goat-fucker of Alexandria, swineherd of Greater and Lesser Egypt, Armenian pig, Podolian villain, catamite of Tartary, hangman of Kamyanets, and fool of all the world and underworld, a fool before our God, a grandson of the Serpent, and the crick in our dick. Pig's snout, mare's arse, slaughterhouse cur, unchristened brow, screw thine own mother!

So the Zaporozhians declare, you lowlife. Thou wilt not even be herding Christian pigs. Now we shall conclude, for we don't know the date and don't have a calendar; the moon's in the sky, the year in the book, the day's the same over here as it is over there; for this kiss our arse!

Cinders on
  • Options
    NocturneNocturne Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Variable wrote: »

This is me trying to do everything ever aside from work/school

"I'm totally going to get an oil change tomorrow morning, do some grocery shopping and laundry, or a bunch of other things that need done."

*sleeps until 2pm because I don't work until 3pm*

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Dang.

People knew how to talk some mad smack back in the day.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I can catch obvious signals but sometimes I'm bad at subtle ones

Just last week there was this girl that I was 90% sure was flirting with me

Turns out she has a boyfriend

Which I guess doesn't entirely preclude the former but still

Nocturne on
  • Options
    cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Speaking of Lucifer, he must have designed some of these levels in Geometry Wars Galaxies.

Yeesh.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    cj iwakura wrote: »
    Speaking of Lucifer, he must have designed some of these levels in Geometry Wars Galaxies.

Yeesh.

That reminds me

I'm taking a World Religions class this semester

I'm also playing through Persona 3 Portable

It is the most relevant thing I have experienced in a long time

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Sometimes when a person tells me about a thing they keep doing that impedes them from getting what they want, and it's not like, a mental issue, but just, I dunno, outside their comfort zone or involves real effort, I will look at them and I will say STOP IT

STOP IT

STOP IT

STOP IT

because seriously cut that shit out you should be doing so much better, access your potential.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I finally finished the tutorial of Persona 4.

Woo

Cinders on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    The thing that keeps me from ladies is I don't spend a lot of time doing activities wherein I can meet ladies.

Meh.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    It's my birthday in about a month. I'm thinking of renting a cabin and dragging 2-3 (maybe even 4 or 5) souls along with me to celebrate in a relaxing manner; cook some good food, drink some good booze, do some hiking around, enjoy a fire, capture a man and slowly strip him of his dignity and grace, watch the stars. All the usual fun stuff.

Having never spent time in a cabin, it seems they are expensive. I could choose to go and rent a cabin by myself, but that seems a little hermit-y even by my socially retarded standards. So now I have to consider, of the small-ish pool of people I personally know (a) which ones I think would be willing be spend the better part of a weekend with me in a cabin and (b) which ones would have the money to help me pay for such an excursion since, Jesus, cabins seem expensive.

If it all falls through, I rent a room in the Motel 6 half a block away. I'll drink Boone's Farm and eat a Little Ceasar's $5 Hot-N-Ready while I watch whatever's on HBO.

Gim on
  • Options
    EddyEddy Gengar the Bittersweet Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So upset with myself

Betrayed the bro code

betrayed the bro coooooooode

Eddy on
    "and the morning stars I have seen
    and the gengars who are guiding me" -- W.S. Merwin
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    The thing that keeps me from ladies is I don't spend a lot of time doing activities wherein I can meet ladies.

Meh.

This right here. This town is terrible for meeting people.

I was all "hey I'm going back to college there will be mad bitches all over the place"

Then I was quickly reminded that most of college is high school 1.5 and I don't want to date high school chicks

I also can't just like, loiter around the law school hollerin

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Really loud signals confuse me sometimes because they're just so obvious I don't know what to do with them. The kind where someone in the vicinity might approach you afterwards and go "wow, that girl really wants you". And I'm not sure if she's joking because when someone uses a megaphone to whisper sweet nothings it can seem excessive to the point of comedy.

For instance, years back there was this co-worker I got on with well, she'd generally smile and laugh when I was around, and so one time I asked her what she usually did when she wasn't at work. She gives me the naughtiest smile and says "Play".

I had no clue what to do with that.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    When I get into my teaching program there are going to be so many girls. So many. I was the only dude at the entire "meet and greet" event type thing.

Awww. Yeah.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Persona 3 touches on a few world religions, especially in the Tarot lectures and the demonic compendium, but if you want to be up to your neck in religious symbolism, play Nocturne.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gim you should know that a) I'd chill with you in a cabin in the woods; and b) a crazy man's probably going to kill all but [strike]you[/strike] the most virginal of attendees.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Persona 3 touches on a few world religions, especially in the Tarot lectures and the demonic compendium, but if you want to be up to your neck in religious symbolism, play Nocturne.

Man it more than touches on them

Every single persona is a religious figure

There are like two hundred of them

Nocturne on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You know what is hot to me?

When a girl tries to tickle you just so you'll hold her arms down.

Winky on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    Elldren wrote: »
    I am jealous jake

also: do you know if I can apply flaws/extras only to certain ranks of a power?

you totally can.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Really loud signals confuse me sometimes because they're just so obvious I don't know what to do with them. The kind where someone in the vicinity might approach you afterwards and go "wow, that girl really wants you". And I'm not sure if she's joking because when someone uses a megaphone to whisper sweet nothings it can seem excessive to the point of comedy.

For instance, years back there was this co-worker I got on with well, she'd generally smile and laugh when I was around, and so one time I asked her what she usually did when she wasn't at work. She gives me the naughtiest smile and says "Play".

Burst out laughing.

Then bone her.

(I didn't even read the post, this is my all-purpose advice for everything.)

Crimson King on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Night chat.

Inquisitor on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Nocturne wrote: »

Man it more than touches on them

Every single persona is a religious figure

There are like a hundred of them

True, but the actual plot doesn't have much to do with religion.

In Nocturne(and pretty much every SMT) every army from above and below are involved.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ahhh nice

Nah I was just referring to the fact that every day in that class the professor will talk about shit

And I'll be like "Fused that one, fused that one, that one too, not high enough for that one yet"

Nocturne on
  • Options
    edited February 2011

"Oh? What do you play? Like, card games, sports, board games..."

This would be an effective way to both reply to her, as well as fail at meeting her advances. So it is of course what I would do. That or awkward silence.

South host on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Gim you should know that a) I'd chill with you in a cabin in the woods; and b) a crazy man's probably going to kill all but [strike]you[/strike] the most virginal of attendees.

a) Fly on down, Fluffy. And bring chips.

b) Hmm. That strikethrough does not make me feel any better.

Gim on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited February 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    Had our first Mage game tonight. I definitely feel like this is going to take some getting used to, but I think everyone had fun.

Awakening? Envy. Details?

The cabal are traveling carnies in the 1930s. They've come into a new town and are the prime suspects in a grisly murder.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Eddy wrote: »
    So upset with myself

Betrayed the bro code

betrayed the bro coooooooode

Kill yourself.

Cinders on
  • Options
    WinkyWinky rRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Inquisitor wrote: »
    When I get into my teaching program there are going to be so many girls. So many. I was the only dude at the entire "meet and greet" event type thing.

Awww. Yeah.

There are so many cute chicks who work in the labs.

But I feel uncomfortable trying to hit on them or something because 1. it's at work, and 2. I'm an undergrad and they're grad students.

Winky on
This discussion has been closed.