As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Romantic Valentine's Day ideas

HerschelHerschel Registered User regular
edited February 2007 in Help / Advice Forum
What are some nice ways to surprise a girl for V-Day?
What are some sweet things you can do and or say?

Herschel on

• Options
    DaemonionDaemonion Mountain Man USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Do anything that you will both enjoy that let's your girl know you put some thought into it and that you care.

As far as what to say goes, you hopefully know her better than anyone else, so you should know what she would like and wouldn't like. It's more genuine if you rely on what youthink she'll like.

Daemonion on
  • Options
    Food?Food? Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Not a great answer, but: the more unique to her, the better.

Food? on
    gr_smile2.gif
  • Options
    BoomShakeBoomShake The Engineer Columbia, MDRegistered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Go find a nice (yet do-able) recipe for 2 and make it yourself. It'll show you really put a lot of thought and work in if you pick something that suits her tastes. As far as the night's activity, maybe do whatever it was you did on your first date.

On a side note, and sorry to hijack, but any ideas to still have fun and take our minds off things for those of us that aren't fortunate enough to have a special someone?

BoomShake on
  • Options
    AiolarAiolar Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    For single people: I suppose this is the obvious, but you could gather with other single friends, movies/games, and alcohol. Alternatively, there are often many social functions set up on or around Valentine's Day for those who are single to meet or hang out with other singles.

For couples: Again, there are often events going on that are Valentine's-themed. Maybe a play/musical, or a dance, or whatever else you can find (here, some events are being advertized in the paper or on the radio). Also, it matters a lot more the thought that is put into it than the money or complexity or anything else. Find something she likes (or ask her friends for ideas) and step it up a notch. If she likes the outdoors, you could do a hike to a viewpoint and a picnic. If sports, take her to a game. There's other activities too, such as bowling or roller skating/ice skating - anything you don't do so often, but think she might enjoy. A homemade dinner is also a good idea - if you can, make it somewhat formal (dim the lights - if you want, you can put colored tissue paper over lights that do not heat up enough to burn it, and you'll have mood lighting. A candle or two, some wine if appropriate, and have the two of you dress up for the meal.

What to say - if you're better with words, say it... if you're better on paper, then write it on a card. Tell her how much you appreciate her, and give specific reasons why. It can be surprisingly hard to think of such specifics, so don't try to come up with a list at the last moment.

If you want to give a small gift, but keep it lower-budget, find a nice small stuffed animal. Perhaps have it "hold" a flower, or a card, or some other small token.

Aiolar on
    <erno> hm. I've lost a machine.. literally _lost_. it responds to ping, it works completely, I just can't figure out where in my apartment it is.

<TRON> if my calculations are correct SLINKY + ESCALATOR = EVERLASTING FUN

Also, this