As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2011 Expo hall map!

BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in PAX Archive
No thread for itself and it was announced on paxsite.com

http://east.paxsite.com/expo_map.pdf

<MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
BigRed on

• RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have reached a new level of excitement for PAX. :)

Rdr on
  • MangoProjectsMangoProjects Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr wrote: »

Any chance PA will come out with another floor plans for panels and gaming? - Thanks

MangoProjects on
    I create images with IMPACT.
  • MTSonic11MTSonic11 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I too got incredibly excited when I saw it. It was nice to wake up to the map this morning. I've already gone over it a few times to see the placement and vendors. I like the idea of Indie Alley too.

ZOMG 18 days!!11ONEONE11!!!!!

MTSonic11 on
  • ParmaynuParmaynu Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Planning my vendor route already!

Parmaynu on
    PAX East 2011 Pokecrawl Team Red Group A
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RdrRdr Rider Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

Any chance PA will come out with another floor plans for panels and gaming? - Thanks

We'll have to wait and see. :)

Rdr on
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

They always do, you will have to wait until closer to the event though. Perhaps this week.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • H2O ShoagieH2O Shoagie Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Parmaynu wrote: »

I have already been doing the same thing.

H2O Shoagie on
  • LelldorianxLelldorianx Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't hate me if I missed some big obvious legend somewhere, but what is the significance of the red color on the middle booths?

Thanks for the link, and curse you for making it impossible to think of anything but PAX!!

Lelldorianx on
    Editor @ GamersNexus.net
  • lillblillb Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Don't hate me if I missed some big obvious legend somewhere, but what is the significance of the red color on the middle booths?

Thanks for the link, and curse you for making it impossible to think of anything but PAX!!

Not sure, but they all seem to be computer hardware companies: Nvidia, EVGA, Gigabyte, Corsair, Galaxy, Patriot, Cooler Master, etc.

lillb on
  • King of KickassKing of Kickass Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I know Battleground Games and Hobbies, based in Abington MA, sells WarmaHordes items. I was wondering if anyone could remember if there was a table last year selling WarmaHordes merch? I can only remember a lot of Magic and Pokemon. I'm looking to get into the tabletop mini realm.

King of Kickass on
  • David CoffmanDavid Coffman Registered User, PAX Staff regular
    edited February 2011
    lillb pretty much has it, although why it's colored differently will make more sense once you see it in person.

David Coffman on
  • mentok1982mentok1982 I could never leave you PAX baby. BaltimoreRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

How can you do that if you don't know where the entrance is?
    Do you know where the entrance is? I don't see it on the map. Is it the two staircases?

mentok1982 on
    Penny Arcade TV makes my life complete!
    PS3: Mentok || Steam: mentok1982 || Diablo 3: mentok1982#1212
    Links: GPUReview.com My IGN activity My IGN Blog [H]ard|Forum
  • FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

It does look like there are going to be a few (more?) booths where you can buy stuff, other than the usual merch you can find with certain publishers. I guess there will be a few places to spend some dough!

Also - I'm from Montreal too :)

Frugus on
    Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'm still baffled at the fact that EA has 5 booths.

It's not a tumor on
  • It's not a tumorIt's not a tumor Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    mentok1982 wrote: »

How can you do that if you don't know where the entrance is?
    Do you know where the entrance is? I don't see it on the map. Is it the two staircases?

Take a look at the floorplans. http://www.mccahome.com/download/floorplans_bcec/BCEC_ExhibitHall_Level0.pdf

It's not a tumor on
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited February 2011

EA has lots of subsidiaries. They are likely doing the con as one happy large corp, but individual pieces will be at different booths.

zerzhul on
    edited February 2011
    lillb pretty much has it, although why it's colored differently will make more sense once you see it in person.

Wait does that mean they'll be giving me free computer components? I could really use a new video card :)
    zerzhul wrote: »

EA has lots of subsidiaries. They are likely doing the con as one happy large corp, but individual pieces will be at different booths.
    Yea as someone else mentioned, Bioware will be under one of the EA booths, I'm guessing two others might be for Crysis 2 and Bulletstorm (Cliffy B. said he'll be at PAX East so I figure he'll be promoting Bulletstorm which is coming out this week) Also Dragon Age or Mass Effect may have a separate booth than SWTOR.

lillb on
  • trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Intel and AMD are conspicuously absent hmm...but either way, this looks like a way bigger footprint than last year!

trinistand on
  • ProprietyPropriety PAX Pokemon League Leader! Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    SHIT SHIT SHIT

There are separate booths for POKEMON AND NINTENDO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss

I just started making extremely high pitched squeeing noises.

OK, calming down.

Calming down.

NOPE NOT CALMED DOWN

Shit look at that huge Valve booth! Good to see Firehose games has a booth, played their game last year in the Boston Indie Showcase, it was a lot of fun.

Speaking of which... AUGH BOSTON INDIE SHOWCASE SO EXCITED

Last year's expo hall had some rather obvious omissions. I'm happy that this year looks bigger than last year.

Propriety on
    That guy with the ridiculously long scarf at PAX. Say Hi!
    Love Pokemon? Going to PAX Prime/East/Aus/South? Challenge the PAX Pokemon League!!!
  • 61Ranchero61Ranchero Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pleased+1

So, it shows the "Show Store" on the expo hall floor. Forgive me if I'm slow but is that the PA store?

61Ranchero on
  • redshoepaulredshoepaul Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rdr, you believe me now about the 3DS being available at PAX? ;)
    You're welcome.

redshoepaul on
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, so if we were to overlay the expo floor onto the full layout floor from the link from It's Not A Tumor, does that mean that BCEC's Exhibit Hall B is the Queue room, and Exhibit Halls A and C are the Merman Theater and Expo Floor? Which is which?

feitocomfruta on
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Okay, so if we were to overlay the expo floor onto the full layout floor from the link from It's Not A Tumor, does that mean that BCEC's Exhibit Hall B is the Queue room, and Exhibit Halls A and C are the Merman Theater and Expo Floor? Which is which?

Gang, we have another mystery on our hands... let's split up and look for clues!

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • feitocomfrutafeitocomfruta Denver, Colorado, USARegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

Gang, we have another mystery on our hands... let's split up and look for clues!

I look like Shaggy a bit, so *ahem*...

ZOINKS!

feitocomfruta on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

I know it won't happen, but I would LOVE for the EA NHL guys to be there and give them a piece of my mind.

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • WingedillidanWingedillidan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is this Show Store booth that this map speaks of?

Wingedillidan on
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
  • monmon63monmon63 Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    you guy think i should go to pax east

monmon63 on
    Get So:!:me More Toilet Paper :!:
  • HeleorHeleor SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Propriety wrote: »
    SHIT SHIT SHIT

There are separate booths for POKEMON AND NINTENDO

YESSSSSSSSSSSSsssssssss

I just started making extremely high pitched squeeing noises.

OK, calming down.

Calming down.

NOPE NOT CALMED DOWN

Shit look at that huge Valve booth! Good to see Firehose games has a booth, played their game last year in the Boston Indie Showcase, it was a lot of fun.

Speaking of which... AUGH BOSTON INDIE SHOWCASE SO EXCITED

Last year's expo hall had some rather obvious omissions. I'm happy that this year looks bigger than last year.

Whoah, I just realized that. O.o;

Heleor on
  • redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What is this Show Store booth that this map speaks of?

Pretty sure it would be a booth selling PAX related merch, as well as PA merch (unless PA has a booth).

redfield85 on
    bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • DeefuzzDeefuzz Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Oh wow Capcom is going to be there this year? Looks like a small booth, but I would love to see them again. They had such a large area at SDCC.

Deefuzz on
    [ Web: Twitter | Blog ]
    [ XBL: NemesisFuzz | PSN: Deefuzz ]
  • territoiresterritoires Upstate NYRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Pumped for a Bioware booth. Would be lovely if they had something, anything, about Mass Effect 3.

territoires on
    I write about games on a few websites.
    Gaming blog
    @lamournumerique
    edited February 2011

ZOINKS!

No. The Exhibit area is the entire "Exhibit Level" (bottom level) of the BCEC. It fits right over top of the lower floor plan exactly. http://www.advantageboston.com/BCEC/floorplans/BCECExhibitLevel.pdf

zerzhul on
  • Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Wow. So if I'm remembering correctly the exhibition hall was pretty much exhibition C & D for the Hynes (plus some hallway spaces). According to the map on their website those two rooms add up to 75,050 square ft - and that wasn't even entirely full last year. This year's is the three halls together plus the registration area for the indie games - the three halls alone add up to 516,000 square ft. This is almost 7x the space from last year!

Lindsay Lohan on
    edited February 2011
    Wow. So if I'm remembering correctly the exhibition hall was pretty much exhibition C & D for the Hynes (plus some hallway spaces). According to the map on their website those two rooms add up to 75,050 square ft - and that wasn't even entirely full last year. This year's is the three halls together plus the registration area for the indie games - the three halls alone add up to 516,000 square ft. This is almost 7x the space from last year!

It's going to be impressive.

zerzhul on
    edited February 2011

ZOINKS!

No. The Exhibit area is the entire "Exhibit Level" (bottom level) of the BCEC. It fits right over top of the lower floor plan exactly. http://www.advantageboston.com/BCEC/floorplans/BCECExhibitLevel.pdf

Yea and the Merman theater is 052 which is in the lower left of that map where it says southeast pre-function

lillb on
  • CaldvanCaldvan Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This is an approximate comparison of the Hynes expo hall and the expo hall at the BCEC.

Caldvan on
    [E]
    edited February 2011
    Caldvan wrote: »
    This is an approximate comparison of the Hynes expo hall and the expo hall at the BCEC.

Very nice. That means some of those booths are going to be MASSIVE!
    Can't wait!

lillb on
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like the section with a bunch of hardware companies and then Pokemon right in the middle. It's like, "Why so serious?"

Dear Bethesda: Please have something Skyrim-related in your both and not just like Hunted and stuff.

SwashbucklerXX on
    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    edited February 2011
    I like the section with a bunch of hardware companies and then Pokemon right in the middle. It's like, "Why so serious?"

Dear Bethesda: Please have something Skyrim-related in your both and not just like Hunted and stuff.

From Pete Hines of Bethesda:
    @DCDeacon wrote:
    @kickstothejunk Doubtful. Skyrim won't be there.
    in response to this:
    @DCDeacon Nice! I don't think you were there last year, I was quite disappointed. Will you have any Skyrim/Fallout swag?

lillb on
  • crackgoblincrackgoblin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Is irrational games going to bring anything hands on for Bioshock Infinite? i know theyre doing a panel but theyre not on the expo list (unless its under 2k) <3 all things bioshock

crackgoblin on
    its a secret to everyone