Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[BSG:BG] Exodus Game 3 - Game Complete.

MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Critical Failures
bsg-bg-logo.png
Base Set, Pegasus Expansion, Exodus Expansion
After forty years passing without a single word from the Cylons, they returned, and all but eradicated the human race. In this time of strife, they must put aside the petty differences that once separated them and focus on one thing — survival.

Humanity's only hope of a future is to find a new home; a place called Earth. The Cylons, however, are in constant and tireless pursuit. They now look, breathe and bleed exactly like humans. Cylons have infiltrated the Fleet, destroyed resources, and threaten to finish the extermination they have begun. The humans have no choice but to run, plagued by the paranoia of an indistinguishable enemy.

Are you a Cylon who will help to erase any memory of the human race? Or will your resilience and determination to survive prove to the Cylons that humanity is worth saving?

In the basic version of the game, players take the roles of prominent figures in the remainder of humanity working toward the goal of reaching Kobol, the first step on the long road toward the legendary planet Earth. However, hidden among their ranks are Cylon infiltrators, who seek to end humanity for once and for all. The Pegasus expansion adds a new scenario following the second leg of humanity’s journey, to the settlement of New Caprica and the subsequent escape after the Cylons discover and occupy the planet. Pegasus joins the fleet to provide support and additional options, and the new role of Cylon Leader is introduced, whose goals may differ from their fellow Cylons. The Exodus expansion adds three modules to the game, including the Cylon Fleet board and CAG title, new Loyalty Cards in The Final Five and Personal Goals, and the Ionian Nebula goal, which introduces more effects through Trauma tokens that affect both the players as well as new NPCs among the fleet. The following rules apply to the new situations and rules introduced in the Pegasus and Exodus Expansions. For rules that apply solely to the base set, look to one of the older games.

Rules and Utilities

Base Set Rules, from the publisher's website
Pegasus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
Exodus Expansion Rules, from the publisher's website
FAQ and Errata, from the publisher’s website
Player Aid 1 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek
Player Aid 2 (Base Set), on BoardGameGeek

Notes and Guidelines for this play-by-post game:
Spoiler:

The Board
Spoiler:

General Game Flow and Victory Conditions
Spoiler:

Character Selection
Spoiler:

Human (and Unrevealed Cylon) Game Turn
Spoiler:

Revealing as a Cylon
Spoiler:

Revealed Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Cylon Leader and Sympathetic Cylon Game Turn
Spoiler:

Admiral, President, and CAG
Spoiler:

Locations
Spoiler:

Executions
Spoiler:

Skill Checks
Spoiler:

MrBlarney on
chirisigtext.png

• MrBlarneyMrBlarney Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Skill Cards
    Spoiler:

Activating Cylon Ships
    Spoiler:

Cylon Fleet Module
    Spoiler:

Combat Table
    Spoiler:

Jumping
    Spoiler:

Ionian Nebula Module
    Spoiler:

chirisigtext.png
    edited February 2011
    Cast of Characters
    Spoiler:

Pegasus and Exodus Expansion OP by MrBlarney, original Base Set OP taken from Akinos/Darian.

Starring Cast

Plutonium as tom-zarek.png [Political Leader] Tom Zarek (Revealed Turn 21)

Darian as felix-gaeta.png [Military Leader] Felix Gaeta (Turn 1-17), saul-tigh.png [Military Leader] Saul Tigh (Turn 18+, One-Time Ability used Turn 18)
    Spoiler:
    Stiles as anastasia-dualla.png [Support] Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (One-Time Ability used Turn 23)
    Spoiler:
    Dracil as lee-adama.png [Pilot] Lee "Apollo" Adama
    Spoiler:
    Professor Phobos as helena-cain.png [Military Leader] Helena Cain (Revealed Turn 15)

Previously on Battlestar Galactica...

Casting Call | Game Preparation

Turn 1: Tom Zarek (Plutonium) | Crisis: Cylon Tracking Device | Zarek gets to work as President, and a Cylon tracking device is disposed of.
    Turn 2: Felix Gaeta (Darian) | Crisis: Scouting for Fuel | Gaeta helps Lee organize the vipers and decides to not let a risky raptor scouting mission launch.
    Turn 3: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) | Crisis: Declare Martial Law | Starbuck causes trouble that has to be cleaned up by Gaeta, and Admiral Cain takes control of the Presidency.
    Turn 4: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) | Crisis: Haunted by the Past | Lee and Felix continue to clear up Raiders, and everyone has a moment to move beyond the past.
    Turn 5: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) | Crisis: Controversial Manuscript | The Admiral takes out a Basestar with Pegasus' guns and a controvertial, but inspiring manuscript is allowed to continue circulation.
    Turn 6: Tom Zarek (Plutonium) | Crisis: Weapon Malfunction | Zarek takes back the presidency and friendly fire damages a couple of vipers.
    Turn 7: Felix Gaeta (Darian) | Crisis: Water Shortage | Gaeta oversees the repair of some Viper Mk VIIs and helps the president with logistics for a water shortage.
    Turn 8: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) | Crisis: Truth and Reconciliation | Dee has a chat with Sam Anders and reviews scouting reports. Zarek fights with his past but chooses not to take extreme measures. The fleet jumps to the Lion's Head Nebula, a step ahead of the Cylon fleet.

Turn 9: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) | Crisis: Analyze Enemy Fighter | Apollo launches in a Viper and a lone Raider is eliminated.
    Turn 10: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) | Crisis: Defending a Prisoner | Cain looks over some scouting information and gets her doubters back in line.
    Turn 11: Tom Zarek (Plutonium) | Crisis: Water Sabotaged | Zarek drafts up legislation for the Quorum and oversees repairs to Galactica after sabotage to its water supply. The fleet jumps once more, arriving at a remote planet.

Turn 12: Felix Gaeta (Darian) | Crisis: Guilty Conscience | Gaeta readies the vipers for the fleet's defense and turning away a concerned Saul Tigh suspicious of hidden Cylon activity. Gaeta pulls on his inner strength to keep the fleet operations together. The Cylon Fleet returns to harass the humans.
    Turn 13: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) | Crisis: Riots | The human fleet prepares for the Cylon attack in a flurry of activity. Riots are quelled with the extension of extra supplies.
    Turn 14: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) | Crisis: Food Shortage | Lee and the other pilots of the fleet take down a number of enemy raiders while Zarek faces a severe food and water shortage.
    Turn 15: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) | Cain orders the arrest of Anastasia Dualla, before disappearing completely from the human fleet...
    Turn 16: Tom Zarek (Plutonium) | Crisis: Cylon Genocide | Zarek has Apollo thrown in the brig, and a plan to unleash a virus on the Cylons backfires heavily.
    Turn 17: Felix Gaeta (Darian) | Felix Gaeta jumps the fleet to the Ionian Nebula. In a trial, Zarek causes Gaeta to be executed from implicated crimes.

Turn 18: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) | Tigh takes control of the presidency and launches a nuke with spectacular effects.
    Turn 19: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) | Saul continues to shake up the political order, setting Dee as president and Apollo as vice president.
    Turn 20: Helena Cain (Professor Phobos) | Helena Cain takes command of the Cylon fleet, reinforcing their numbers and assaulting Galactica.
    Turn 21: Tom Zarek (Plutonium) | Zarek, deciding his actions have sown enough chaos and distrust, shuttles back to the Cylon fleet.
    Turn 22: Saul Tigh (Darian) | Crisis: Witch Hunt | Saul fires another nuke, destroying another enemy basestar. An angry mob demanding answers injures the Admiral, who is taken to sickbay.
    Turn 23: Anastasia "Dee" Dualla (Stiles) | Crisis: Hangar Accident | Dee finally escapes from the Brig, and launches a scout for an escape. The raptor returns and makes a miraculous landing back onto Galactica.
    Turn 24: Lee "Apollo" Adama (Dracil) | Lee orders his supporters to help Dee. The FTL Control is repaired, and humanity jumps to safety.

[url=http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18748517#post18748517[/url]Game Summary[/url]

With a final jump without reducing any resource to 0, Human Victory has been achieved on Turn 24!

chirisigtext.png
    edited February 2011
    Casting Call

Players will be randomly selected from all players that sign up in bold lime. Signups will be open for 24 hours unless there are insufficient signups, at which point signups will be extended a further 24 hours. Priority will be given to players who did not play in the first Exodus game or who are not currently playing in the second Exodus game.

Game Parameters:
    • Number of players: 5
    • Game Objective: Ionian Nebula (inc. Trauma, Allies, and Crossroads Phase)
    • All characters, cards, and other general components from the base set and both expansions
    • Battlestar Pegasus and Pegasus-expansion Cylon Locations
    • Conflicted Loyalties module (Personal Goals & Final Five)
    • Cylon Fleet module (inc. CAG, Viper Mk. VIIs, and Cylon Fleet board)

chirisigtext.png
  • DarianDarian Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

• Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was in the last one, but I'll sign up for a reserve spot.

Be careful of those nukes. ;-)

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
  • CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I was in the last one, but I'll sign up for a reserve spot.

Be careful of those nukes. ;-)

Ditto

• RiusRius Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !Signing up!

I, like Darian, am new to Exodus on the forums.

With a 5 player game, if someone picks a Cylon Leader, do they get a sympathetic or aggressive agenda? Don't think I've ever seen that scenario played out before.

• SeGaTaiSeGaTai Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Signup!-new to Exodus

PSN SeGaTai
  • Professor PhobosProfessor Phobos Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !sign up. New to BSG forum gaming entirely.

• El SkidEl Skid The frozen white northRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !Sign up, was in the first game.

mrpaku wrote: »
    my name is precisionk and i'm ten tanks

wrath God fear traitor evil
    edited February 2011
    @Rius: 5 players is hostile with just one secret Cylon.
    Five Players: Create a nine-card deck consisting of:
    1 Card from the “You Are a Cylon” deck
    8 Cards from the “You Are Not a Cylon” deck
    Deal one random Hostile Agenda Card to the Cylon Leader.

• CapfalconCapfalcon Well, NOW it's beachfront property Weyland Consortium HQRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Rius wrote: »
    !Signing up!

I, like Darian, am new to Exodus on the forums.

With a 5 player game, if someone picks a Cylon Leader, do they get a sympathetic or aggressive agenda? Don't think I've ever seen that scenario played out before.

Pretty sure they get a aggressive agenda, since there would only be four players who could get a "You are a Cylon" card.

edited February 2011
    Oh, I see how it works now; thanks guys.

• CapricaCaprica Registered User
    edited February 2011

• Sir FabulousSir Fabulous Malevolent Squid God Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have no idea how to play this. Whoo!

• StilesStiles Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I guess I'll sign up, new to Exodus and playing by post in general.

• lodwilklodwilk Registered User
    edited February 2011
    !Sign Up and I'm new to Exodus as well.

DM in Age of Ascension (IC/OOC)
    Tzeentch in CitOW Game 53
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll throw my hat in the ring and sign up.

I'd like to also propose that in a 5 player game, we refrain from using cylon leaders.

• PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
  • DracilDracil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    !sign up - new to Exodus

• MordenthralMordenthral Registered User
    edited February 2011
    I'll sign up. New to BSG on PA.

stever777 wrote: »
    True. You are good Mord.
  • FaranguFarangu I am a beardy man With a beardy planRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011

farangu.png

Come join my Let's Play of Total War: Rome II! Boss around some Gauls!
  • Void SlayerVoid Slayer Very Suspicious Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I have no idea how to play this. Whoo!

What i have learned:

1. Don't play Laura Roslin
    2. Don't play admiral or president right off the bat as you can screw things up if you don't know what your doing
    3. Play admiral or the president to prevent other people from messing it up
    4. If you make a mistake in the card checks just own up to it

He's a superhumanly strong soccer-playing romance novelist possessed of the uncanny powers of an insect. She's a beautiful African-American doctor with her own daytime radio talk show. They fight crime!
    edited February 2011
    I used to like to play Roslin, but in Exodus her ability becomes strictly worse without any assaults to dodge.

Also, the rules state that you can't talk about what you did or didn't put into card checks.

edited February 2011
    The rules state that you cannot claim particular cards as your play. You can still say things like "I helped a lot" on that check or "I helped a little" or even "Wait, I think I actually hurt that check. Sorry."
    Skill Cards and Skill Checks: Players are prohibited from revealing the exact strength of cards in their hands. They may use vague terms such as “I can help out on this crisis a little bit,” but they may not make more specific statements such as “I am playing 5 piloting.” In addition, after a skill check is resolved, players may not identify which cards they played. The reason for these restrictions is to keep hidden information secret and to protect Cylon players from being discovered too easily.

edited February 2011
    To be fair, someone saying "I screwed up, whoops" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their humanity.

edited February 2011
    Plutonium wrote: »
    To be fair, someone saying "I screwed up, whoops" doesn't exactly inspire confidence in their humanity.

On the other hand, when everyone else proves that there is no other place the card could have come from, it's better than saying "Nope, wasn't me."

edited February 2011
    Game Preparation

Seventeen players have signed up to play, of which fourteen have not played in a previous Exodus game. These fourteen are randomized to determine our players:
    1. Plutonium
    2. Darian
    3. Stiles
    4. Dracil
    5. Professor Phobos
    with our first few reserves if needed:
    1. Mordenthral
    2. Caprica
    3. Phyphor
    Plutonium, you are up to select your character first. Make your selections in cyan. For other players, conditional character selection orders can be made. Players may also draw their starting skills if desired, or may wait until characters have been selected and starting loyalties have been distributed.

Reminder: Spectators will be allowed to make limited commentary as long as they do not interfere with the strategic play of the game. Observers should also post in lightskyblue italics to distinguish them from the players.

chirisigtext.png
    edited February 2011
    Seventeen? Where the hell are all you people coming from. Good luck, have fun!

edited February 2011
    I'm sure my knowledge of when and where you sleep at night had no imput whatsoever in getting me into this game.

That being said, I'll play as Big Time Tommy Z aka Zarek.

Uncooperative quorum members may or may not be shot and chucked into the fuel tanks. We'll find out!

edited February 2011
    Hmm, all I know is I'm gonna want to play as one of the new characters, but I'll see what gets picked first before choosing which one. :D

edited February 2011
    Wowwwww I got in!!! Man this is gonna be fun.

As much as I'd like to try out some of the new stuff, being a Cylon Leader is fun too, so I might have to go with Leoben Conoy or barring that, Felix Gaeta

edited February 2011
    I'll take Gaeta; start with Tactics, Leadership, and Politics

edited February 2011
    I prefer not to have cylon leaders in 5 player games, because only one hidden cylon can make the game pretty boring frequently, but whatever. Up to Blarney.

edited February 2011
    If we're not going cylon leader I'll take Dualla. I'm fine either way really, so whatever Blarney/majority wants to do.

edited February 2011
    I won't restrict my players, the choices in this game are up to you all to decide. I'm just here to facilitate the game being run. Since you do seem to be in a bit of indecision, I'll take your next cyan-colored choice as final.

chirisigtext.png
    edited February 2011
    Well, Plutonium has a good enough point. I guess I'm used to 7 player games bring played, so I'll go with Anastasia "Dee" Dualla and draw 1 tactics, 1 leadership, and 1 engineering, please.

edited February 2011
    Hmm, nobody wants to be a pilot huh. Not quite keen on Anders so I guess I'll play around with being CAG.

Lee "Apollo" Adama with Leadership, Piloting, and Tactics.

edited February 2011
    I kinda hope I'm not gonna be the only pilot though, because of the Cylon Fleet option. If I am going to be the only pilot, I should probably take Starbucks instead.

What do you have in mind Professor Phobos?

Edit: Nm, I'll just stay with Apollo. Looks like I essentially get 1.5 actions with CAG anyway.

edited February 2011
    Don't forget to choose a starting location, Dracil.

chirisigtext.png