As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Free Google Voice Alternative for Canada

finnithfinnith ...TorontoRegistered User regular
edited February 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey H/A,

I help run a small wind orchestra that works under a Church. While the Church does have a phone number that individuals looking to contact us can call, we end up distributing our executive members' cell phone numbers to contacts as the Church doesn't really offer the best "service" when someone calls. The problem is that we have no permanent phone number to call as some executive members leave after their year is over. I know that Google Voice in the US offers a phone number that will forward to other numbers, and I wonder if there is a similar service that offers this feature for Canada. It would have be free (or extremely inexpensive, I am talking <$20/year) for us to use it though, as we are very small and want to minimize our expenses as much as possible.

Thanks,

Bnet: CavilatRest#1874
Steam: CavilatRest
finnith on

• MjskMjsk Registered User new member
    edited February 2011
    Freephoneline.ca is completely free. Unlimited calling to most parts of Canada and you get 1 free phone number. This will have to be used with the computer application though. If you want to use it with an iPhone app, ATA, SIP, VoIP, etc, that will cost $50 as a one time fee to purchase your configuration file. I use this service an I am quite satisfied.

Mjsk on