Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

1454648505191

Posts

  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Bullhead wrote: »
    Getting one armor piece alone is a minimum of 75plat (plus the rare mats, some of which I don't have)
    Don't buy the headgear. You don't need the headgear of armour to add it to the HoM. So only 60.

    I'm not quite sure how you're so low on money. First off, are you identifying everything that's worth more to a merchant than 16 gold? If not, use a basic identification kit and do so; it's free money, because you will always upgrade an item for more than 4g. Second off, Highly Salvageable stuff should either be salvaged, or you should improved salvage the inscription for use on something that gives iron ingots or granite slabs.

    Next up, Light of Deldrimor. This useful little skill means that when you do a Dungeon in EotN, you will get extra loot. That loot ranges from around 20-30 gold per chest revealed on the first floor of a dungeon, all the way up to Rubies and better crafting materials on lower levels, as well as 100-200 gold for you personally for doing the dungeon. On average, a dungeon takes me around 40 minutes to an hour with heroes only (although I have 'optimal' heroes), and I make about 4k before including the rare/green at the end and value of rare crafting materials.

    Don't identify your rares (the orange items). 7 unidentified rares go for 5k in Kamadan, and are quick, easy sellers. Seeing as you don't have Nightfall, I would imagine you could sell them to a guildie who would then go on to sell them in Kamadan pretty easily.

    For your 5 titles, the best bets are:
    Eternal Protector of Tyria (all bonuses on NM Prophecies; very easy once you have heroes)
    Hero of Cantha & Eternal Protector of Cantha (all bonuses and missions completed in Factions; Gyala Hatchery and Eternal Grove require special attention, everything else is 'don't die and you'll make it in time unless you're running 4+ healing monks).
    Eternal Conqueror of Sorrow's Furnace (complete the Sorrow's Furnace mission; pretty easy now with good hero set-ups).

    Also, if you haven't yet, go to the Isle of Balthazar and register for the tournament; don't worry, you don't have to play or anything. But doing so gives you 50 Tournament points, which you can redeem into 10 Zaishen Keys which you can sell to other players (they're worth roughly 5-5.5k each).

    You've got a Warrior, so you can make two Elite Armours very cheaply; Charr Hide & Dragon. This is due to the fact that you can go back to Ascalon and farm Charr Hides with great ease from low level Charr, then turn them in at Ascalon City for Fur Squares (4:1). For Dragon, it simply requires 35 Scales for the 4-piece set, which are common crafting materials and are pretty cheap.

    If you haven't got a favourite build on your Warrior yet, my suggestion would be to go with a Hundred Blades build.
    Hundred Blades
    Sun and Moon Slash
    An attack speed buff (Frenzy or Flurry)
    A movement speed buff (Sprint or Rush)
    Then put Mark of Pain on Livia, Splinter Weapon on Xandra and if you're running a Smite Monk, Strength of Honor.

    Looking at your HoM, I would guess you could reach 21 points in about a month's play of 2 hours a night from now.
    5 common minis
    1 rare mini
    1 unique mini (Black Moa Chick)
    4 heroes with armour (Glint's Challenge might be a bit difficult for you, I don't know)
    Black Moa tamed
    Titles I listed above
    Dragon armour or Charr armour (don't need headgear)
    Oppressor Weapon for finishing War in Kryta

    Remember to grab Master Dungeon Guide and some of the other books, as you can turn them in for 'free' gold. If you've completed missions in the past 30 days, the dudes who give out books will fill in the pages (for a price, but it's worth it).

    Bethryn on
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Also keep an eye on the z quests. When random arena pops up you can get 3k balth faction every 3 wins. If you don't mind a little pvp and can run a semi competent build you can farm zkeys rather quickly and sell them between 5.5 and 5.8k a pop easily. 5k balth faction translates into 1 zkey. You can also sell the coins off for a pretty penny or use them to level pets. Also keep in mind you can play against bots for up to 1k balth faction per day. Also if you havent done it there is a one shot quest where you can get 2.5 balth faction for winning 1 ra match, which isn't bad at all.

    Also keep in mind you do NOT need the headpiece for armor sets, so that brings the cost down to 60k +mats for a lot of the armors.

    Explain some of this PVP junk please. What is this about bots, this 2.5k for a quest, and Z quests? I want to use balth faction to unlock abilities for heroes.

    casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    If you need money, don't forget about the free Tournament Reward Points if you haven't already gotten them. You get 50 points from High Priest Zhang in Great Temple of Balthazar. Then talk to Tolkano and turn the points into Z-Keys. It's 5 points per Z-key, so that's 10 zkeys, that you can then sell for 5.5k-6k each, for a nice free 60k.

    If you guys want to run something together, we can always plan on doing an elite area on some day. I know Rivien wanted to run UW(core) at some point. But there's also FoW(core), The Deep(factions), Urgoz(factions), and DoA(nightfall).

    Geod on
    XBL/PSN: Qamel NNI: Quamel 3DS Code: 0774 4249 8305
    PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=geod
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Entaru wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Entaru wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I still need to head to the underworld to get a spider. I've been putting it off because I don't have any vampiric weapons to death level it with, because I'll be damned if I'm leveling another pet to 20. Does anyone have an undedicated vampiric that I can borrow? :P

    Actually, yes I do. I had one of each sitting around just in case.

    Well, apparently I don't need it anymore. Already leveled my phoenix, so I just have to go tame a level 20 spider at some point.

    You thought Zealous barrage was impressive? Try it with Vampiric sometime.

    Yeah, if I had two to swap that'd be good. I need zealous to keep energy up for sustain, though.

    Brave Frontier for Android and iOS. Final Fantasy-ish graphics/basic gameplay with a Puzzles & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut collection model.
    My referral code is: 81123930, which gets you a thing to level your guys.
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Geod wrote: »
    If you need money, don't forget about the free Tournament Reward Points if you haven't already gotten them. You get 50 points from High Priest Zhang in Great Temple of Balthazar. Then talk to Tolkano and turn the points into Z-Keys. It's 5 points per Z-key, so that's 10 zkeys, that you can then sell for 5.5k-6k each, for a nice free 60k.

    If you guys want to run something together, we can always plan on doing an elite area on some day. I know Rivien wanted to run UW(core) at some point. But there's also FoW(core), The Deep(factions), Urgoz(factions), and DoA(nightfall).

    I'd love to, as I've never done any of those, and some very useful stuff can come out of them.

    @bethryn , I've been identifying and salvaging everything (including the oranges, I'll stop :P). I have a huge stack of mats in my chest, so I might already have a lot of the mats for the armors, I just need money to make them :P
    I'm 5(?) bonus objectives from having all of the prohpecies missions completed, which will net me another title, I'm just trying to focus on getting EotN done (at least enough to unlock the last tapestry I need. Also your avatar cracks me up when I read your first and second points, it fits perfectly.

    Honestly I've avoided selling stuff somewhat due to the lack of an AH, and the absurd amount of abbreviations/lingo used in trade chat - it's like another language, and i'm not very versed at it :)


    Bullhead on
    camo_sig2.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    Brave Frontier for Android and iOS. Final Fantasy-ish graphics/basic gameplay with a Puzzles & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut collection model.
    My referral code is: 81123930, which gets you a thing to level your guys.
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    I figured it out. Register with the dude who also gives rewards, then go to the guy up the hill in the middle named high something, then you have points.

    I am torn between using them for the 9k balth faction or the keys. I have 60k ish plat but could use more for when i need the minis.

    casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

    Brave Frontier for Android and iOS. Final Fantasy-ish graphics/basic gameplay with a Puzzles & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut collection model.
    My referral code is: 81123930, which gets you a thing to level your guys.
  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

    it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

    i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

    it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

    It should work. I've had Prophecies since launch, and I didn't have any problem getting the points. I think it's as long as you didn't register previously for the tournament system.

    XBL/PSN: Qamel NNI: Quamel 3DS Code: 0774 4249 8305
    PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=geod
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    Prophecies since launch here as well, no trouble getting registered.

  • unintentionalunintentional Registered User regular
    guess i had the details wrong then! it worked for me too lol

    i'm out, follow me on twitter @uninten , steam is GaryMyNemesis
  • FeldornFeldorn Registered User regular
    for warrior builds, something like, Warrior's Endurance with dismember, cyclone axe, and power attack is pretty effective as well.

    steam_sig.png
  • BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    Thanks to Geod for the invite, and your guys advice here, I now have a set of dragon armor crafted (after selling my 10 free zkeys for 60k!), and hopefully can start running missions/etc with you guys to work on some of these other items. Now to finish EotN!

    camo_sig2.png
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    I have to admit, I don't understand the guild wars economy. Ectos are spiking in price again, up around 9.5k each. Sapphires are around 8-8.5k each. Someone wanted to do a 10 for 10 trade, but I said, "Well, with current prices 11 for 10 makes more sense." They said, "No, it's always 1 for 1." This seems to be the way things operate.

    Brave Frontier for Android and iOS. Final Fantasy-ish graphics/basic gameplay with a Puzzles & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut collection model.
    My referral code is: 81123930, which gets you a thing to level your guys.
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have to admit, I don't understand the guild wars economy. Ectos are spiking in price again, up around 9.5k each. Sapphires are around 8-8.5k each. Someone wanted to do a 10 for 10 trade, but I said, "Well, with current prices 11 for 10 makes more sense." They said, "No, it's always 1 for 1." This seems to be the way things operate.

    Supply/Demand in GW is a crazy thing. As is, both Ectos and Sapphires are needed for the pretige armors, so with HoM it's not surprising both have gone up as GW2 approaches as Vabbian and Obsidian both net a point by themselves. You need a *lot* of ectos for the Obsidian, and Sapphires are the slightly less common of the Vabbian mats, so seems like they'll stay high till after GW2 launches.

    At the same time, I'm surprised Z-keys seem to still be steady in price.

    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    It's not the rise in price that confuses me, it's the lack of adjustment to changing market conditions in anything except plat to supply trades.

    Brave Frontier for Android and iOS. Final Fantasy-ish graphics/basic gameplay with a Puzzles & Dragons/Rage of Bahamut collection model.
    My referral code is: 81123930, which gets you a thing to level your guys.
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    That might just be because the material traders in effect regulate the market, so players have to adjust prices as the traders do. Straight barters are all playerland, and people tend to be a little stubborn about change...

    In other news, 4 more Vanqs to go! Vanquishing in the Desolation is tricky when you have to kill piles of mobs in Wurm mode.... easy to die a lot without realizing it if you don't pull veeeery carefully.

    steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Also keep an eye on the z quests. When random arena pops up you can get 3k balth faction every 3 wins. If you don't mind a little pvp and can run a semi competent build you can farm zkeys rather quickly and sell them between 5.5 and 5.8k a pop easily. 5k balth faction translates into 1 zkey. You can also sell the coins off for a pretty penny or use them to level pets. Also keep in mind you can play against bots for up to 1k balth faction per day. Also if you havent done it there is a one shot quest where you can get 2.5 balth faction for winning 1 ra match, which isn't bad at all.

    Also keep in mind you do NOT need the headpiece for armor sets, so that brings the cost down to 60k +mats for a lot of the armors.

    Explain some of this PVP junk please. What is this about bots, this 2.5k for a quest, and Z quests? I want to use balth faction to unlock abilities for heroes.

    There are 2 mission areas that you play against bots.

    one is the Zaishen Challenge area, and the other is the Zaishen Elite. Z quests start in the great temple of balthazar, get the quest from the combat flag between tolkano and the coin changers.

  • FeldornFeldorn Registered User regular
    about the guild wars economy, you will find a lot of fuckwads if you are only trying to trade in-game. you will generally net much better prices selling on the guildwarsguru.com forums, though it can be slow waiting for people to get online sometimes.

    or you'll have someone baked out of his mind who keeps starting JQ matches while you're waiting to trade with them.

    steam_sig.png
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    Draygo wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Also keep an eye on the z quests. When random arena pops up you can get 3k balth faction every 3 wins. If you don't mind a little pvp and can run a semi competent build you can farm zkeys rather quickly and sell them between 5.5 and 5.8k a pop easily. 5k balth faction translates into 1 zkey. You can also sell the coins off for a pretty penny or use them to level pets. Also keep in mind you can play against bots for up to 1k balth faction per day. Also if you havent done it there is a one shot quest where you can get 2.5 balth faction for winning 1 ra match, which isn't bad at all.

    Also keep in mind you do NOT need the headpiece for armor sets, so that brings the cost down to 60k +mats for a lot of the armors.

    Explain some of this PVP junk please. What is this about bots, this 2.5k for a quest, and Z quests? I want to use balth faction to unlock abilities for heroes.

    There are 2 mission areas that you play against bots.

    one is the Zaishen Challenge area, and the other is the Zaishen Elite. Z quests start in the great temple of balthazar, get the quest from the combat flag between tolkano and the coin changers.

    Just to follow up on this, I managed to figure this out eventually on the wiki. Ive been reading it but navigation can be difficult because it is so big.
    Anyway something I found to add to this is the fact that training battles are another source of bots for balth faction that you can easilly do solo. It caps at 2k per day though. Still its significantly faster than the random arenas I was doing before since I dont own factions.
    Due to this im definately spending the 50 tourney points I have on keys instead of faction. And ill prolly be buying factions soon anyway.

    Km enjoying this game much more than I thought I would so its not just the hom grind I thought it would be. Definately worth spending money on.
    Just overwhelmed with things to do, but thats due to trying to learn about nand experience years of a games content in weeks.

    casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    I have to admit, I don't understand the guild wars economy. Ectos are spiking in price again, up around 9.5k each. Sapphires are around 8-8.5k each. Someone wanted to do a 10 for 10 trade, but I said, "Well, with current prices 11 for 10 makes more sense." They said, "No, it's always 1 for 1." This seems to be the way things operate.
    You never played with marbles in school, I take it? :)

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • MadpoetMadpoet Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

    it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

    It should work. I've had Prophecies since launch, and I didn't have any problem getting the points. I think it's as long as you didn't register previously for the tournament system.

    Aw, tried this last night. Got zero points for registering. I had pvped at launch, but had never registered for the tournament.

  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    Madpoet wrote: »
    Geod wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Wait, how do you get free tournament points.

    only available to people who bought GW after they disabled the monthly tournament system
    talk to tolkano in great temple and he gives them to you

    Gonna assume that since I had prophecies since launch I don't count. That stinks.

    it's worth a shot :P
    might give them to anyone who never participated in the monthly tournaments

    It should work. I've had Prophecies since launch, and I didn't have any problem getting the points. I think it's as long as you didn't register previously for the tournament system.

    Aw, tried this last night. Got zero points for registering. I had pvped at launch, but had never registered for the tournament.

    Did you talk to High Priest Zhang?

    XBL/PSN: Qamel NNI: Quamel 3DS Code: 0774 4249 8305
    PAX East 2014 Omeganaut
    http://www.pinnypals.com/?tab=pals&username=geod
  • DraygoDraygo Registered User regular
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Kai_San wrote: »
    Draygo wrote: »
    Also keep an eye on the z quests. When random arena pops up you can get 3k balth faction every 3 wins. If you don't mind a little pvp and can run a semi competent build you can farm zkeys rather quickly and sell them between 5.5 and 5.8k a pop easily. 5k balth faction translates into 1 zkey. You can also sell the coins off for a pretty penny or use them to level pets. Also keep in mind you can play against bots for up to 1k balth faction per day. Also if you havent done it there is a one shot quest where you can get 2.5 balth faction for winning 1 ra match, which isn't bad at all.

    Also keep in mind you do NOT need the headpiece for armor sets, so that brings the cost down to 60k +mats for a lot of the armors.

    Explain some of this PVP junk please. What is this about bots, this 2.5k for a quest, and Z quests? I want to use balth faction to unlock abilities for heroes.

    There are 2 mission areas that you play against bots.

    one is the Zaishen Challenge area, and the other is the Zaishen Elite. Z quests start in the great temple of balthazar, get the quest from the combat flag between tolkano and the coin changers.

    Just to follow up on this, I managed to figure this out eventually on the wiki. Ive been reading it but navigation can be difficult because it is so big.
    Anyway something I found to add to this is the fact that training battles are another source of bots for balth faction that you can easilly do solo. It caps at 2k per day though. Still its significantly faster than the random arenas I was doing before since I dont own factions.
    Due to this im definately spending the 50 tourney points I have on keys instead of faction. And ill prolly be buying factions soon anyway.

    Km enjoying this game much more than I thought I would so its not just the hom grind I thought it would be. Definately worth spending money on.
    Just overwhelmed with things to do, but thats due to trying to learn about nand experience years of a games content in weeks.

    as i said, keep an eye on the z quests though, when the combat quest rolls around to random arena, you can get a 3k balth faction bonus every 3 wins. As far as builds go, without factions I would probably stick to an axe warrior, the prophecies skills are really strong in that line, and you can really pump a lot of damage with a few basic builds.

  • EntriechEntriech Registered User regular
    Vabbian armor completed. That's 40 HoM points done, with 5 left in my current plan.

    Gamecenter/Gamertag/Steam ID/PSN: Entriech
    Guild Wars 2: Entriech.3507 | Scythe Gearsnap, Phlork, Irenic
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    2...2 Vanquishings left...ah ah ah!

    That'll put me at 25, and I think I'll be done at least for a month or two. May try to buy some armors or such but I don't see me jumping to 30 unless I come into a lot of money ingame.

    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray the swamp, always the swampRegistered User regular
    Still feeling bummed about being defeated with 11/12 of a bonus objective complete. That's in NM, for the record. My gear sucks, but I'm broke and need mats.

    Changing from D/W to D/Mo was a good decision, though. It's good to have some more decent enchantments to use. This game really is hard most of the time. D:

    Elendil wrote: »
    said Aldo hazily, before clop-clop-clopping out of the room
  • EntaruEntaru Registered User regular
    I made it to 20 but I'm sort of burned out. I'll jump in this weekend to finish WiK and possibly the Black Moa Chick.

    That'll be 23. I'm sure I can get more but that might be a good stopping point for a while.

    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
  • SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Ok, like a bunch of other people here I am jumping into GW1 completely fresh in an attempt to catch up on the lore and hopefully get to 30/50 before GW2 comes out. I'll be buying the complete collection today so I'll have access to everything.

    From what I read it looks like the best option is to start with Nightfall? How badly will this mess up the story timeline? I am interested in trying to keep the story coherent, but not if it will prevent me from doing the HoM as expediantly as possible.

    Also, is there a particular class that will make doing this (mostly) solo easier? My initial idea was to play an elementalist as that's what I'm leaning towards for GW2, but I will play whatever gets me to 30 points with the least amount of work/time.

    Once I get my feet under me I will join up with you guys and maybe us young'uns can group up to knock out the tougher HoM stuff.

    steam_sig.png
  • FeldornFeldorn Registered User regular
    @aldo this game is hard to learn, and it can be hard to figure out what AI is good at and what AI is not good at. capping the right elites and getting the right skills for your heros make all the difference. you are correct though, without good synergy, this game can be punishing.

    steam_sig.png
  • SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Ford Nation's Finest Crack DenRegistered User regular
    The three campaigns are pretty much separate stories. You'll meet some of the minor Prophecies characters in Factions, and there's a mission in Nightfall that stars the final bosses of the Prophecies and Factions campaigns, but otherwise the stories are mostly self-contained.

    Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
    3DS Friend Code: 3823-8693-5976
    Guild Wars 2: Julia Cappo Final Fantasy XIV: G'rhant Tia, Hyperion Server
  • SuperdupeSuperdupe Registered User regular
    Good to know. As far as professions, I'll have access to 2, right? Is there any particularly effective combo for mostly PvE soloing?

    steam_sig.png
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    If you plan on going through the game solo, do not worry about what class you begin with, because Heroes will eventually carry you through the game. Pick one that you enjoy, and have at it.

    Eventually you will be able to use all professions as your secondary profession, so don't feel like you're going to lock yourself into one. You'll be stuck with what you pick for a little while, (long while in Proph) but eventually they'll all open up.

    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    The guides I have read say rit is the easiest way to pay the game class wise. Basically dropping wads of spirits to do everything for you then getting a skill to move them to your location makes everything dumbmode.
    But also as was said there are hero setups that allow you to derp about and still wreck everything.

    Kai_San on
    casualjohnegbert_zpsabd1bc29.png
  • steejeesteejee Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Kai_San wrote: »
    The guides I have read say rit is the easiest way to pay the game class wise. Basically dropping wads of spirits to do everything for you then getting a skill to move them to your location makes everything dumbmode.
    But also as was said there are hero setups that allow you to derp about and still wreck everything.

    Well yes and no - I've had times where the 7 player support setup managed to kill a group while I was AFK and they'll do a great job on their own in Normal Mode. Hard Mode and certain bosses/packs though can cause their AI to barf, especially any enemy group that has ressers (like Undead packs in the Desolation). Generally speaking though they'll hold their own with or without your help.

    Nightfall is generally the best to start with just because of the content quality and heroes. There's only really 1 tie in with the Prophecies/Factions campaign in it and it doesn't really spoil anything other than 'you eventually win in those campaigns'.

    steejee on
    The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • BethrynBethryn Registered User regular
    Finished WoC, second and third parts were much, much more fun and well written than the first part.

    Also

    Si3K1.jpg

  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    If you want to be an unstoppable soloer with 7 heroes, you play either Paragon or Warrior. This is for the completely overpowered "Save Yourselves"

    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
  • KetBraKetBra hiRegistered User regular
    Hey so my current guild is completely dead, could someone invite Akaike Sayuri to the PA guild?

    zuydt75.jpg?2
Sign In or Register to comment.