As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• FlipprDolphinFlipprDolphin Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did they really expect me to remember a characters name?? I havnt played in over one year! Now to wait forever for support to email me back. At least I had my cd-keys handy!

I guess I own Prophecies and Factions, but I really thought I owned Nightfall too. I guess I will see when I enter the game

Ug, i gave them my cd-keys and they STILL want more information!

FlipprDolphin on
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Did they really expect me to remember a characters name?? I havnt played in over one year! Now to wait forever for support to email me back. At least I had my cd-keys handy!

I guess I own Prophecies and Factions, but I really thought I owned Nightfall too. I guess I will see when I enter the game

Ug, i gave them my cd-keys and they STILL want more information!

Yeah, they're pretty strict about it. Just roll with it and give them what they want :)

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    Yay, they gave me one of my character's name. Support was actually fast!

FlipprDolphin on
  • DrHookensteinDrHookenstein Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Alecthar wrote: »
    So, is anyone else interested in working on Ebon Hold faction?

I am, I'll be on later tonight, possibly, and definitely this weekend.

Rockin'. I'll have more time available this weekend. I've got a pretty great build going on, now! Need the Flag from Ebon Hold faction and two Kurzick/Luxon skills (SY! and a spear one) to round it out. :)

DrHookenstein on
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    bad news, guys

my boyfriend blew through our download cap last night (it's an Aussie thing... you can only download so much per month and he managed to hit 100GB restoring our hard drive, which he wiped)

that means that we're now shaped to a 56k connection and I have no idea how well that would go over running a high-end dungeon

I could still play, potentially, but it will be extremely laggy and I will take forever to connect

I can still give it a try, but for now, I would not count on me being able to make it, which sucks because the Deep is fun :(

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    *exasperated head shake*

Australia, what a god-forsaken hellhole...

...I mean...

Kangaroos! Dingos! Giant Spiders! Bugs that like eat you alive and shit! Desert!

...this isn't helping, is it?

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011
    Vivixenne wrote: »
    bad news, guys

my boyfriend blew through our download cap last night (it's an Aussie thing... you can only download so much per month and he managed to hit 100GB restoring our hard drive, which he wiped)

that means that we're now shaped to a 56k connection and I have no idea how well that would go over running a high-end dungeon

I could still play, potentially, but it will be extremely laggy and I will take forever to connect

I can still give it a try, but for now, I would not count on me being able to make it, which sucks because the Deep is fun :(

Aww, that sucks :( Feel free to try... we'll have to see how it is. 56k is no fun - how long is the cap for?

Have you run The Deep before? I never have, but was just planning on going by Wiki says and a few builds on PvX. Any tips if you're not going to be running with us?

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    hey, i have everything except eye of north :)

FlipprDolphin on
    edited February 2011
    any specific order to playing the campaigns?

FlipprDolphin on
    edited February 2011
    any specific order to playing the campaigns?

Not really. If you want to go by release order it's Prophecies->Factions->Nightfall. Some of the later missions in Nightfall also might not have as much impact if you don't finish the other two first. But there's not really any order you have to follow. Nightfall is considered the "best" campaign by many people.

Geod on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Reasonable Hobo, I think you were the one talking about sorrow furnace earlier, yeah I will probably be down to run that at some point this weekend. Was doing ooz's mission and he decided to run into a group of 20 dwarves + elemental boss as we were escaping. So I will probably need a hand to finish it and get my black moa chick. :X

Morkath on
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would like to postpone The Deep until we can get Viv in as well. Let's try to get as few runs as possible for some of these uber high end places. We can still do some dungeons or DOA if we feel the need.

REG Rysk on
  • Reasonable HoboReasonable Hobo Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Reasonable Hobo, I think you were the one talking about sorrow furnace earlier, yeah I will probably be down to run that at some point this weekend. Was doing ooz's mission and he decided to run into a group of 20 dwarves + elemental boss as we were escaping. So I will probably need a hand to finish it and get my black moa chick. :X

Yeah sure.

I looked up the wiki and it seems that its in the final mission as well which is the one I need. I was having a hard time myself with heroes and henchmen trying to kill all three at once. I haven't mastered hero micro managing yet so all the help is welcomed!

I think someone else needed it as well? Sorry still new to the guild so names escape me; Lagnar?

Reasonable Hobo on
  • MordrothMordroth EntrepreNerd New Republic of AlbertaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Probably won't be there tomorrow - 4 straight nights of HoN means I need to hang with the wife before I find myself out on the street :)

Mordroth on
    edited February 2011
    So are Mesmer's good in PvE and PVP? I like to the role of disable/support in pvp, but want to be viable in PvE too since i will probably solos tuff

FlipprDolphin on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So are Mesmer's good in PvE and PVP? I like to the role of disable/support in pvp, but want to be viable in PvE too since i will probably solos tuff

Mesmers are amazing. Wasn't someone talking about 8 Memser groups running the high level dungeons in the last thread?

Frem on
  • Bendery It Like BeckhamBendery It Like Beckham Hopeless Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Doing this tonight.

Bendery It Like Beckham on
    edited February 2011
    Doing this tonight.

Like.

DrHookenstein on
    "He piled upon the whale's white hump the sum of all the general rage and hate felt by his whole race from Adam down; and then, as if his chest had been a mortar, he burst his hot heart's shell upon it." -Moby Dick
    edited February 2011
    Frem wrote: »

Mesmers are amazing. Wasn't someone talking about 8 Memser groups running the high level dungeons in the last thread?

whats a good secondary for pve/pvp that will give disables/support in pvp and not make solo PvE bad?

FlipprDolphin on
    edited February 2011
    Frem wrote: »

whats a good secondary for pve/pvp that will give disables/support in pvp and not make solo PvE bad?

I don't usually play Mesmer, but I know Necro is generally good combo. Someone else that plays them might be able to give a better answer though :)
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    I would like to postpone The Deep until we can get Viv in as well. Let's try to get as few runs as possible for some of these uber high end places. We can still do some dungeons or DOA if we feel the need.

I think it's going to depend on how many people show. If there's a decent amount of people that get on and want to run it, I don't think there's any reason not to. I'm always up for running it again with Viv anyways, so I see no harm in it. Plus it will be a good trial run ;-) We can discuss it once we see the number of people get on.

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    Are we running anything tonight?

DrHookenstein on
    edited February 2011
    Are we running anything tonight?

We'll run something no matter what. I'm still planning on doing The Deep, but we can talk about it when people get on if they have other preferences (since Viv can't join).

Geod on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011

they turned Mesmers into nukes

Wastrel's Worry/Demise both do AoE damage (sorta)

combine that with the interrupting power of Panic and you've got a pretty insane combo

that said I found Mesmers super awesome to play even prior to that update, so I could be biased

Vivixenne on
    edited February 2011
    necro/mes or mes/necro is good. It really just depends on if you want anything out of fast casting, or mes runes. Or soul reaping for energy management. They do pretty good in pve since health degen ignores armor and kills pretty fast.

Morkath on
    edited February 2011
    Viv is testing out her 56k connection for GW, looks to be working so we should be good to go for The Deep anyways.

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    We earned this today from The Deep:
    kanaxai.jpg

Our group fought long and hard. And we learned many things about ourselves. For instance, in the beginning we learned that even if we're separate we can still survive. We'll rally to each other even if we're separated by many enemies.

Second, we learned that flowers are evil. Only later did we realize that smacking them made them less evil.

We also found out that getting stuck in a door is no laughing matter. Especially when the only release to said door is activated by 5 switches. The only ones that could stand on these switches were 2 humans and 3 heroes. Heroes that they did not control, but the players that were stuck did. We learned at this point that we have excellent guild members that could be a GPS in another life, as they guided our heroes by cardinal directions to the exact switches that the stuck players couldn't see. It only took 15 minutes of trying.

We learned that we dearly missed a Panic Mesmer as we fought gobs of mobs later in the area.

Rysk discovered that he was born with the ability to successfully pull and aggro one monster at a time. This is an ability that cannot be taught.

And finally, Kanaxai is a loser, and relies too much on his minions. But he only has 24 of them, so once they're somewhere else, he's a wimp.

And that was our journey through The Deep. One more achievement closer for our Hall of Monuments!

Geod on
    edited February 2011
    you guys do know that you could use your mission mini-maps to flag heroes, right?

also I am super duper sorry I had to go :(... like I said my boyfriend was pissed off so I had to go take care of that

I'm down with whatever you guys decided to run next week, and whenever you wanna do the Deep again, at least we know we can do it with just three of us :P

Vivixenne on
    edited February 2011
    you guys do know that you could use your mission mini-maps to flag heroes, right?

also I am super duper sorry I had to go :(... like I said my boyfriend was pissed off so I had to go take care of that

I'm down with whatever you guys decided to run next week, and whenever you wanna do the Deep again, at least we know we can do it with just three of us :P

Yeah that is how we were doing it.

Also woot I managed to get my moa chick pet, thanks noleaf!

Also managed to snag a decent zodiac bow from deeps. +15^50, +19% vs demons, and zealous.

Morkath on
    edited February 2011
    Man I really wish it would up the henches to level 20 for the riverside assassination quest, the two level 15's gimp your team so badly.

Morkath on
    edited February 2011
    I find it's actually easier to just run it in HM

Vivixenne on
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    So, I decided to start playing GW again after a several year break. Unfortunately during my absence my account had been hacked. All seven of my characters had been stripped naked. All my unique/collectors edition pets sold, most of my stored items and materials gone, and all of my gold gone.

Got control of my account back and one of my friends who still plays was nice enough to give me enough money and materials to get my necro main a new set of armour/runes/weapons and some nice weapons for some heroes.

Getting back in to it now. It's a nice change of pace from WoW. Getting new skills is a bit of an arse when your gold has been wiped out though.

Sob story aside! I have some questions for you: Are sup runes still considered worth it, aside from Vigour? I'm a blood necro and I currently run with two necros and an ele hero set up if that makes a difference

Should I be giving sup. runes to heroes? Any runes to them?

There are these new fangled insignias too. Is there a particular type of these I should be on the look out for?

Pointers would be most welcome.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Superior Runes are usually not worth the HP hit. Exceptions are made for when builds absolutely requires having 16 in an attribute to function correctly (such as being able to indefinitely maintain a certain enchantment), or a build requires a certain HP total. In the case of a Death Magic necro hero, if the hero is consistently hitting the minion limit, it may be worthwhile to put a death magic rune on at the expensive of the increased possibility of him dying and turning all his minions hostile. If you want to cast an enchantment with a long duration, there's always the option of swapping an armor with a superior rune, casting the spell, and swapping back (doesn't work in PvP)
    Insignias replace the old (pre-nightfall) system of having multiple sets of armor with fixed bonuses. Instead of crafting an specific piece of armor with a certain bonus, you craft a generic armor which gains that bonus by sticking an insignia onto it

Serious_Scrub on
  • AlectharAlecthar Alan Shore We're not territorial about that sort of thing, are we?Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Sorry about being absent from The Deep last night, guys.

I shit you not, I fell asleep in my office chair.

And that is why trying to run shit at 3 AM German time is hard.

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011
    I use Superiors on all my characters, even when I probably shouldn't, and I have never run into a serious problem... generally I have 1 headpiece for each attribute with its relevant superior rune attached to it

unless you're PvPing, use whatever level of rune you want, I just wouldn't recommend using more than 1 Superior on you at any given time unless you are running a special build

for insignias, there are some class-specific ones that are handy, but generally if you collect Radiant and Survivor ones, you are doing fine... the class-specific ones that might be useful are:

Centurion's - Paragon, for shout-heavy builds
    Shaman's - Ritualist, for spirit-spamming builds (Signet of Spirits, for instance)
    Minion Master's - Necro, for MM builds (I would not recommend this as your only set of armor, however)

there are also the general Blessed insignias, which are good for Assassins and Dervish

Vivixenne on
  • XinramXinram Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I would've checked in for the Deep last night if I hadn't been so tired from a long day of uni and work, combined with having to have a lot of stuff to do around the house today. I had a proper night's rest instead.

Not that I'd be too much of a help as Dantilus Thanatos, but I still haven't seen a lot of the late game stuff.

Xinram on
    edited February 2011
    I use Superiors on all my characters, even when I probably shouldn't, and I have never run into a serious problem... generally I have 1 headpiece for each attribute with its relevant superior rune attached to it

unless you're PvPing, use whatever level of rune you want, I just wouldn't recommend using more than 1 Superior on you at any given time unless you are running a special build

for insignias, there are some class-specific ones that are handy, but generally if you collect Radiant and Survivor ones, you are doing fine... the class-specific ones that might be useful are:

Centurion's - Paragon, for shout-heavy builds
    Shaman's - Ritualist, for spirit-spamming builds (Signet of Spirits, for instance)
    Minion Master's - Necro, for MM builds (I would not recommend this as your only set of armor, however)

there are also the general Blessed insignias, which are good for Assassins and Dervish

Let's not forget Bloodstained Insignia, 25% reduced cast time for spells that exploit corpses is pretty sweet for your MM Necro.

Alecthar on
    edited February 2011
    any word on what we will be doing next week?

Vivixenne on
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thanks for the info people.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    We were contemplating Urgoz's next week.

REG Rysk on
    edited February 2011
    Alecthar wrote: »
    Sorry about being absent from The Deep last night, guys.

I shit you not, I fell asleep in my office chair.

And that is why trying to run shit at 3 AM German time is hard.

Haha, that's hilarious. We were like... where's Alec? It's been 30 minutes since he said bio... Viv said you should eat more fiber. Sorry, in the end, we just went in without you. But you're always welcome to come next time!

Yeah, what Rysk said - Urgoz? There's this build on PvX: http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/Build:Team_-_Urgoz_Caster_Spike And we can run The Deep some other time Viv, it really wasn't that bad once you figured out what was going on.

Geod on