As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    BethrynBethryn Unhappiness is Mandatory Registered User regular
    Coolness, throw Marie Venglise an invitation when you get the chance then please!

...and of course, as always, Kill Hitler.
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    Geod wrote: »
    Darkewolfe wrote: »
    Bethryn wrote: »
    Seeing as I can apparently join the American districts, does that mean I could join the US PA guild?

I'm pretty sure you could join the PA guild anyway. They manage servers in an interesting way, and the regional districts just help you group with people that'll have a similar latency to the right server.

Absolutely, you could. We have various people from other parts of the world in the guild besides the US. You don't even have to play in the American districts, though that is where the guild plays generally.

Man, I wish I'd find a MOX in my presents. Does anyone want to buy a mini Ophil Nahualli? I'll give you a good deal! I don't want to deal with Kamadan if I can help it.

How much is that one? I need 6 more mini's to round out at 30 once I get my black moa chick, which is probably where I'll hold off.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    Seeing as I can apparently join the American districts, does that mean I could join the US PA guild?

I'm pretty sure you could join the PA guild anyway. They manage servers in an interesting way, and the regional districts just help you group with people that'll have a similar latency to the right server.

Absolutely, you could. We have various people from other parts of the world in the guild besides the US. You don't even have to play in the American districts, though that is where the guild plays generally.

Man, I wish I'd find a MOX in my presents. Does anyone want to buy a mini Ophil Nahualli? I'll give you a good deal! I don't want to deal with Kamadan if I can help it.

How much is that one? I need 6 more mini's to round out at 30 once I get my black moa chick, which is probably where I'll hold off.

I have the 30 but I still want the Black Moa Chick as I don't have a unique already and it's an extra point without the effort past getting the chick.

Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
  • Options
    Entriech wrote: »
    Also don't forget about the Argos GW Estimator, which allows you to search Kamadan trade chat to see what people are advertising to buy/sell for.

Entriech's site is great. It'll show you the current prices people are advertising buying and selling at.

• Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular

I've been trying to sell it for 20k, but if you want it, I'll sell it to you for 10k.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    I'll figure out what minis I have to give away at some point
    I definitely have a cobalt scabara

• Options
    1 * Abomination
    2 * Bladed Aatxe
    1 * Dredge Brute
    1 * Abyssal
    1 * Elf
    1 * Jungle Troll
    2 * Hydra
    1 * Siege Turtle
    1 * Cobalt Scabara
    1 * Cloudtouched Simian
    1 * Roaring Ether
    1 * Temple Guardian
    2 * Whiptail Devourer

giving them all away, just ask

• Options
    You're a good guy. I already have max minis, otherwise I'd take you up on that. Once I get to the point where money is meaningless for me, I'll have to give away any that I have left.

• Options
    You're a good guy. I already have max minis, otherwise I'd take you up on that. Once I get to the point where money is meaningless for me, I'll have to give away any that I have left.

My goal is to get to 30 points if possible (because the titles don't mean as much to me) and then spend the rest of the time helping anyone under 30 points get there. Fingers crossed I can make it that far, though, lol.

• Options
    TopiaTopia Registered User regular
    I'll take all of them! Just kidding. I wouldn't feel right taking mini's before finishing all the campaigns.

• Options
    EnigEnig a.k.a. Ansatz Registered User regular
    GW2 is getting alarmingly close! If I can manage to squeeze in the time, I will be working on my HoM soon.

ibpFhR6PdsPw80.png
    Steam (Ansatz) || GW2 officer (Ansatz.6498)
  • Options
    SniperGuySniperGuy SniperGuyGaming Registered User regular
    How do you get minis aside from the presents? Quests give them to you eventually?

• Options
    SniperGuy wrote: »
    How do you get minis aside from the presents? Quests give them to you eventually?

You can get the unique black moa mini from a questline, but in general, few, if any more come from quests. Aside from that, some drop from chests (mallyx from doa chest, etc), or you can also get minis to drop from mobs in war in kryta (though rarely). The most consistent place to get them is from birthday presents.

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    I have zero minis, are they just vanity pets? Can you use them pre-20? If you have any left and the previous answer can be answered with yes and yes I would like one if you have any left.

• Options
    Aldo wrote: »
    I have zero minis, are they just vanity pets? Can you use them pre-20? If you have any left and the previous answer can be answered with yes and yes I would like one if you have any left.

yes yes yes

• Options

yes yes yes
    Awesome. IGN is Alds Pajamas, I assume you can just send them over in-game mail.

• Options

yes yes yes
    Awesome. IGN is Alds Pajamas, I assume you can just send them over in-game mail.

that's...not a thing... but yeah if i see you online i will message you

• Options
    StupidStupid Newcastle, NSWRegistered User regular
    Cobalt60 wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I have a Word of Madness and Fire Drake that you can have for 2k each I guess. There may be more scattered across my characters.

I need ~21k more to get obsidian armour, which I'm going to dedicate then immediately salvage...

Does that work? I mean, once it's dedicated, we can vendor/salvage/trash things without losing the statue?!? I've been transferring all my unused (but dedicated) junk to an unused PvP mule character just to clear inventory.

26904.png
  • Options

yes yes yes

oh in that case we probably have a problem because I'm on GMT+1 time. >_<

How can there not be in-game mail? That's amazingly backwards.

• Options

yes yes yes

oh in that case we probably have a problem because I'm on GMT+1 time. >_<

How can there not be in-game mail? That's amazingly backwards.

old game

not really an mmo

• Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Stupid wrote: »
    Off the top of my head I have a Word of Madness and Fire Drake that you can have for 2k each I guess. There may be more scattered across my characters.

I need ~21k more to get obsidian armour, which I'm going to dedicate then immediately salvage...

Does that work? I mean, once it's dedicated, we can vendor/salvage/trash things without losing the statue?!? I've been transferring all my unused (but dedicated) junk to an unused PvP mule character just to clear inventory.

I got Ancient armor on my Dervish and dedicated it at the HoM. Destroyed it shortly afterwards, statue was still there.

Same goes for the weapons and the pets. I have done it for all of them.

TolerantZero on
    Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    DisruptorX2DisruptorX2 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    It was supposed to really be a pvp deathmatch game, but that didn't really catch on, so they made it more "mmo-ish" because that's what people wanted.

The only real difference with something like Diablo is that you can control your character in the "lobby".

DisruptorX2 on
    1208768734831.jpg
  • Options
    Man, I'm level 9 in Nightfall and I've nearly run out of quests. Curses.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Stupid wrote: »

I got Ancient armor on my Dervish and dedicated it at the HoM. Destroyed it shortly afterwards, statue was still there.

Same goes for the weapons and the pets. I have done it for all of them.

Yep, managed to get back 5 ecto and a whole bunch of deldrimor Steel from salvaging my obsidian armour. Paltry in comparison to the 105 ecto and 105 shards that went in to making it.

But god damn is obsidian armour as ugly as poop from a butt.

Cobalt60 on
  • Options
    steejeesteejee Registered User regular

That's odd.... my main is a Nightfall character and I don't recall ever running out of quests on my way to 20 (which you hit pretty quick anyways).

Check the storyline guide to see if you missed something: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/List_of_Nightfall_missions

Also when I started playing again I forgot that some missions are started just with the 'Enter Mission' button on the Party dialogue and not via NPC, but I don't remember if any of the early Nightfall missions are like that.

On my own note, got the black widow, so 23/25 now, just need a destroyer weapon or elite armor and a few titles and I'm set. Vanquished two more areas so working through that path fairly well. The rank 8-9 to 9-10 jump in rep required for Sunspear was a bit shocking, but I imagine I'll get pretty close to hitting it from vanquishing.

The Great DAMNED STEAM SALES AND WII/U Backlog
    Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
    Currently Playing: NS2/ZombiU/PlanetSide 2/Ys/Dota2/Xenoblade Chronicles
    On Hold: Prince of Persia: Warrior Within/GW2/Scribblenauts
    Coming Next: Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones/X-Com Classic
  • Options

That's impossible. At that level you're only just starting out. One of the main quests literally has a "reach lev12 OR get X Sunspear Rep" requirement.

• Options
    Any suggestions on party composition for Rescue at Minister Cho's on NM? Dunkoro seems to be getting destroyed by Afflicted Assassins/Warriors/Beasts at every stage of the quest, and I haven't even gotten to the wonderful third peasant yet.

• Options
    Any suggestions on party composition for Rescue at Minister Cho's on NM? Dunkoro seems to be getting destroyed by Afflicted Assassins/Warriors/Beasts at every stage of the quest, and I haven't even gotten to the wonderful third peasant yet.

My advice would be to bring an AotL mm with protective spirit, a SoS rit, and a Mesmer with ineptitude

It's really hard though, be sure to flag the heroes apart in every encounter against an elementalist

• Options

That's impossible. At that level you're only just starting out. One of the main quests literally has a "reach lev12 OR get X Sunspear Rep" requirement.

I couldn't find any quests other than that one, but I farmed out the rep and hit level 10, then went and got my level 20 heroes from EOTN. Now I'm rollin' through Nightfall nice and fast. Musta missed a hub or something somewhere.

• Options

My advice would be to bring an AotL mm with protective spirit, a SoS rit, and a Mesmer with ineptitude

It's really hard though, be sure to flag the heroes apart in every encounter against an elementalist

This reminds me of a question. Is there at all a quick way to assign targets to heroes, other than clicking their number and clicking "focus target?"

• Options
    RookRook Registered User regular

This reminds me of a question. Is there at all a quick way to assign targets to heroes, other than clicking their number and clicking "focus target?"

ctrl-space tends to do it, enough for 90% of situations.

• Options
    EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular

You can call targets by holding CTRL while using an ability or attacking. The heroes may or may not listen to you.

• Options

You can call targets by holding CTRL while using an ability or attacking. The heroes may or may not listen to you.

Mine are usually too busy playing dice, healing minions 50 ft behind me, or making out to lend a hand until I'm almost dead.

Just Finished: Borderlands (waste of $7)/Mario Brothers U/The Last Story/Tropico 4
  • Options

Yeah, CTRL space doesn't really seem to convince my heroes to do anything, but manually telling them "focus target" results in the target burning down much faster. There's definitely some sort of difference, though I don't know what.

• Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular
    Is it better to salvage your unneeded armor, or to just sell it?

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    CTRL double click usually works for me, except when it doesn't. Sometimes the heroes just seem to get fixated on a particular mob and no matter what I do ("Kill the one in the monk robes, idiot!") they won't change targets. It's less useful if I'm carrying a quest item or something, because then the call switches from, "I'm attacking Tengu Facekiller," to "I'm following Tengu Facekiller." In which case the heroes kinda shrug and keep doing what they were doing.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options
    TolerantZeroTolerantZero Registered User regular
    Darklyre wrote: »

If you are talking about prestige armor then I would try and salvage it. If I recall, you only get ~100-200 gold per piece, even if the item itself was 15k. If you salvage it, you have a chance of getting rare materials back and sell it for much more.

Steam | Raptr | 3DS - 2552-2106-0321
  • Options
    DarklyreDarklyre Registered User regular

If you are talking about prestige armor then I would try and salvage it. If I recall, you only get ~100-200 gold per piece, even if the item itself was 15k. If you salvage it, you have a chance of getting rare materials back and sell it for much more.

Well, I guess I could try salvaging my Luxon armor for jadeite, but the others use cheap stuff like fur squares and such, which doesn't sell for much.

• Options
    edited March 2012

Well, I guess I could try salvaging my Luxon armor for jadeite, but the others use cheap stuff like fur squares and such, which doesn't sell for much.

At least during Vanquishing, I've basically been going:
    1. Golds - keep, don't id, sell at 7 per 5k for people going for Wisdom (just toss them in storage when i finish, easy 5k)
    2. Purples/light blues - id, some light blues have some decently valuable runes, pawn as is otherwise.
    3. Salvage items - salvage... (sell for squat)
    4. Whites - pick up if I have space, typically vendor as is

I've held onto higher end stuff but I'll probably start looking for places to toss dedicated minis/greens that I'm not using. Most of the common white minis I'll probably just trash, for decent armors I've stopped using I'll probably strip any useful mods then vendor.

Don't know if this is all the best advice, but it's fit well into my 'Don't spend time trying to super-maximize income, just find a solid level of time to fun to income'

steejee on