As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    but really, i need support skills for my heroes mostly, for N, Rt, Me, P, and a few Mo.

what i mostly want the D skills for, is i was trying to get a VoS spiker up for running PvE, though i really gotta learn to micro prot skills on myself better. about the VoS build though, i realized that i don't need to be using many flash enchants for it, unless i'm wanting to be constantly using and tearing off a couple to fuel things like, aura of holy might and ermites attack. for most pve though, just using VoS, sand shards and heart of fury with splinter will be pumping mad damage, then use attacks like aura slicer and radiant sythe that don't tear down enchants, and using like, balthazars aura (or whatever the derv enchant is that gives adr on end) to get some adrenaline back.

then i was also trying to make a dwayne derv to try and facerolls stuff with and MM and whatnot.

Feldorn on
    edited March 2011
    i must be on when everyone is asleep... either that, or none of you can get on at work.

i think i'm going to sell off my extra minis to buy skills. i got 6 or 7 duplicates that could get me all the skills i need for my heroes.

Feldorn on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What minis are they? I may be interested.

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    i'll have to get on and look, only one i remember is palawa joko.

i'll post here tonight before i put it up on guru.

Feldorn on
  • GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Feldorn wrote: »
    i must be on when everyone is asleep... either that, or none of you can get on at work.

i think i'm going to sell off my extra minis to buy skills. i got 6 or 7 duplicates that could get me all the skills i need for my heroes.

Aye, I'm at work during the day and the forums are blocked. On that note, I'll be MIA until next week due to PAX East, so see you all then!

Geod on
  • MorkathMorkath Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    So what exactly is embark beach? I strolled through but didn't see any quests.

Morkath on
  • LionLion Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Embark Beach is supposed to make it easier to form up/get to mission outposts. There are also the daily Zaishen quests (mission/bounty/vanquish) given out on the signposts near the boat.

Lion on
    PSN: WingedLion | XBL: Winged Lion
  • MaouMaou Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Did anyone try making a build with 8x Ranger Pets?
    I think it might be a Viable Build.
    Since Ranger Pets has no Debuff on Death in PvE.

Maou on
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm running into a strange bug. I decided to take a break from PvE and try some random arenas with my ranger. Except my pet isn't appearing in the arena. Any pet skill I use says that it's "too far away." This doesn't work well for a beastmaster. It can't be broken for everyone, because I saw another ranger with a crab.

I thought that my "Charm Animal" skill wasn't getting updated for PvP, but it says "Updated for PvP" whenever I hit the outpost. I'm not sure what's going on. I've logged out and in, but it doesn't seem to have mattered.

Frem on
  • EntriechEntriech ? ? ? ? ? Ontario, CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Geod wrote: »

Aye, I'm at work during the day and the forums are blocked. On that note, I'll be MIA until next week due to PAX East, so see you all then!

Have fun at Pax East! Spend all of your time recording meticulously everything you can about Guild Wars 2!

Entriech on
    edited March 2011
    Frem wrote: »
    I'm running into a strange bug. I decided to take a break from PvE and try some random arenas with my ranger. Except my pet isn't appearing in the arena. Any pet skill I use says that it's "too far away." This doesn't work well for a beastmaster. It can't be broken for everyone, because I saw another ranger with a crab.

I thought that my "Charm Animal" skill wasn't getting updated for PvP, but it says "Updated for PvP" whenever I hit the outpost. I'm not sure what's going on. I've logged out and in, but it doesn't seem to have mattered.

It's a sign to not take a beastmaster into pvp.

Have you tried re-loading your build while in the pvp zone?

Morkath on
  • XagarXagar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Are you sure you actually have a pet?

Xagar on
    edited March 2011
    Minis i have that i wish to sell:
    Palawa Joko x2
    Quetzel Sly
    Irukandji
    Thorn Wolf
    Raptor
    Temple Guardian

for price i'm going by the Price Check thread on guru.

Feldorn on
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Morkath wrote: »
    Frem wrote: »

It's a sign to not take a beastmaster into pvp.

Have you tried re-loading your build while in the pvp zone?

Beastmasters get a pretty bad rap, but they're not bad. Back in the day, just with the introduction of pet controls, my old guild used to run a Beastmaster build in Tombs. 6 Beastmasters with bow and pet skills all designed for shutdown and 2 monks. With the spammability of pet skills and distracting lunge giving a +20 second cooldown, same with distracting shot, it wasn't long before the opposing team couldn't do anything at all and just died from pet and bow DPS.

That said, just going in as a beast master solo is asking for trouble.

-Loki- on
  • naengwennaengwen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    29 points now...
    Whaddya think for point 30? Dungeons, faction grind, hard mode missions or gold grind?

naengwen on
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What do you not have?
    DoA simultaneously maxes out lightbringer, gives destroyer weapons and/or extra money.
    Sorrow's Furnace simultaneously gives you a unique mini and a statue
    Hero armor requires a lot of Glint's Challenge runs, but is not particularly difficult. With 7 heroes you can now easily cap the black widow needed to max out the monument

Faction Grind is best done on double weekends and/or Zaishen Quests/Bounties. Speedrunning through hard mode EoTN storyline is effective, but a bit tedious

Serious_Scrub on
  • amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Palawa Joko x2
    Quetzel Sly
    Irukandji
    Thorn Wolf
    Raptor
    Temple Guardian

I could use a Palawa Joko and Temple Guardian. Guild Wars Guru tells me between 15-20 for Palawa and 1-5 for the Temple Guardian. How does 18 and 3 sound to you?

amnesiasoft on
    steam_sig.png
    edited March 2011
    What do you not have?
    DoA simultaneously maxes out lightbringer, gives destroyer weapons and/or extra money.
    Working on it. There doesn't seem to be much demand for warriors, sadly.
    Sorrow's Furnace simultaneously gives you a unique mini and a statue
    Already done. Black Moa Chick get.
    Hero armor requires a lot of Glint's Challenge runs, but is not particularly difficult. With 7 heroes you can now easily cap the black widow needed to max out the monument
    All my heroes are geared, black widow capped during some Underworld experimenting a month back. Yeah, this one was pretty darn easy.
    Faction Grind is best done on double weekends and/or Zaishen Quests/Bounties. Speedrunning through hard mode EoTN storyline is effective, but a bit tedious

Yeah, I figured as much. Worm runs are effective, but I'd much rather do the dailies.

What I've got (probably should have just started with this):
    http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=main&details=kJBAA8%2F%2F%2F%2FDAAQiAAgHAAEAAAACAAAAASAEIAAAAAAA

Should be 8 titles, but I'm working on Tyrian Protector with a pal. We've got everything done cept the baby missions, so it's just a matter of running.

naengwen on
    edited March 2011
    Palawa Joko x2
    Quetzel Sly
    Irukandji
    Thorn Wolf
    Raptor
    Temple Guardian

I could use a Palawa Joko and Temple Guardian. Guild Wars Guru tells me between 15-20 for Palawa and 1-5 for the Temple Guardian. How does 18 and 3 sound to you?

sounds perfectly reasonable.

i'm usually on mortus dawnslayer or mortenya wolfcry. i'm done for tonight and probably won't be able to get on tomorrow, but thursday or friday i'll try and catch you.

Feldorn on
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I got married on Sunday!

I thought you guys would be interested in this, mainly because I met my wife on Guild Wars several years ago, when I had just started playing. Instead of trying PvE, I jumped straight into PvP and tried the Hall of Heroes. She was spamming for a healer, and I guess I fit the bill. The rest, as they say, is history.

History, and wedding cake.

190112_194362267262637_100000665955122_548347_2878338_n.jpg

Rend on
  • The Deranged HermitThe Deranged Hermit Inside the walls Merry Old EnglandRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Much grats man! And "Epic" does not even begin to cover that cake.

The Deranged Hermit on
    Steam: the_deranged_hermit
    GW2: Tavalisk.9463
  • RendRend Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Much grats man! And "Epic" does not even begin to cover that cake.

It was ridiculous. We sent over a screenshot of our characters (Kurzick armor for my monk and Krytan for her ele) and the figures on top are pitch perfect. It was extremely impressive.

Rend on
    edited March 2011
    that is wicked awesome rend, also, congrats on the marriage.

game related: holy chicken testicles, i'm loving dervish more and more as i dig into it. there are so many strong builds/skills it's ridonks.

currently, i'm doing AoBalth with some enchant teardown and para hero with "They're on Fire!" i don't take much damage, my team though... they still get messed up :P i haven't really focused on them though, i'm tempted to just get the Rt and A skills i need for my ranger to do some different farms and just start hitting up factions on the derv. i need to rework the D/N orders hero and i'll be ripping it up. i think the heroes could even handle a VoS build if i don't include teardown in it.

Feldorn on
    edited March 2011
    Heh I find it funny that your name is an anagram for nerd and you have a cake like that.

Seriously though, congrats rend!

Morkath on
    edited March 2011
    Oh god, I just walked from Lion's Arch to Zinn's secret hideout in one go. I don't want to see western Tyria for a week.

Entriech on
    edited March 2011
    Entriech wrote: »
    Oh god, I just walked from Lion's Arch to Zinn's secret hideout in one go. I don't want to see western Tyria for a week.

You haven't tried mapping 100% of the continent yet.
    :twisted:

Maou on
    edited March 2011
    Oh god, I just walked from Lion's Arch to Zinn's secret hideout in one go. I don't want to see western Tyria ever again.

Fix't.

Zinn's hideout is one of the primary justifications for my now seething hatred toward Asura. The location, the associated quests and missions, the debuff while you're there... maybe not the guy himself if they'd actually voiced him (and used Richard Horvitz)... yeah. Come Guild Wars 2, deyz'a gunna be crushes.

naengwen on
    edited March 2011
    Maou wrote: »

You haven't tried mapping 100% of the continent yet.
    :twisted:

I don't know if I have the tenacity to do the cartographer titles. To be honest, my focus is on nabbing 30 points for the HoM so I can get all the goodies in GW2. Hopefully I won't need those titles to pull it off.

Entriech on
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    nah you won't

Vivixenne on
    XBOX: NOVADELPHINI | DISCORD: NOVADELPHINI #7387 | TWITTER
    edited March 2011
    Speaking of which, Legendary Cartographer (and I'm Very Important) GET.

Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuugh, that was brutal.
    FUCK YOU FUCKING PROPHICES DIE IN A FIRE

Xagar on
  • Serious_ScrubSerious_Scrub Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thankfully, I got most of the pre level-20 arenas in prophecies with my Monk before they removed access to them, giving me a bit more leeway when I finally decided to do cartographer. Cantha was fast due to me being conscious of the cartographer title when I ran through the game the first time, meaning most of the areas I traveled through I mapped reasonably well. However, by the time I bought Nightfall, I had a lot less free time, pretty much uncovering the minimum percentage needed to beat the game. Getting two titles for completing Elonian Cartographer is really tempting, though

Serious_Scrub on
  • ButeoRegalisButeoRegalis Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm at 95% and change in Cantha. The big parts that are still missing are the two faction battles, FA and JQ. I don't do PvP, so I would have to join in just to map those areas, which will make me immensely popular with whomever I end up in a team at that point.

Great!

ButeoRegalis on
    In GW: Matt Argul
  • VivixenneVivixenne Remember your training, and we'll get through this just fine. Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    honestly, you'd be fine, because both maps required you to be running all over it anyway to do your job even in part

Vivixenne on
    edited March 2011
    I'm at 95% and change in Cantha. The big parts that are still missing are the two faction battles, FA and JQ. I don't do PvP, so I would have to join in just to map those areas, which will make me immensely popular with whomever I end up in a team at that point.

Great!

you probably wouldn't be worse than many of the people there if you don't work to actively sabotage your team :P

nah but srsly, just do the exporation, eff the haters.

Feldorn on
    edited March 2011
    Still waiting for 7x Heroes Team Builds.

Maou on
    edited March 2011
    Well, I'm currently using

Ele EBSoH nuker (Me)
    Necro AotL bomber
    Necro SS anti-melee
    Ritualist SoS spirit spammer
    Mesmer Panic
    Mesmer Panic
    E/Mo ER prot
    N/Rt XW resto

if in NM or against foes with less casters, switch the two mesmers to VoR or replace them with fire/earth nukers. If against large amounts of spike damage, switch the ER prot for a ST rit.

Xagar on
    edited March 2011
    So far I've been using a human rit spiritway, with an interrupt ranger, a WoH healer, and two searing flames elementalists. I'm mostly using this because that way I can have all my favorite heroes along.

However, after ending up in some tenuous situations, I'm beginning to doubt spiritway a bit. The hero ritualist is a little too squishy for my own enjoyment, and if I lose the minion bomber necro at the wrong time there's all sorts of hell to pay.

Entriech on
    edited March 2011
    You should try bringing GDW and making your ranger a barrager, it's pretty awesome control. You can also bring Earthbind too if you want.

Xagar on
    edited March 2011
    Xagar wrote: »
    You should try bringing GDW and making your ranger a barrager, it's pretty awesome control. You can also bring Earthbind too if you want.
    I may do that later. I've been using him as a half beastmaster to level up the pets necessary for the HoM. It's a lot nicer having an npc do it than me.

Entriech on
    edited March 2011
    I posted a bunch of team builds in this thread

right now I'm rolling with me as SoS, 4 x Discord, 1 x Panic, 1 x Ineptitude (or Psychic Instability), 1 x Searing Nuke (or Warder Earthbinder if I have Instability and GDW)

Vivixenne on