As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Guild Wars] You can still get Hall of Monument rewards for GW2

• Options
    SquiddyBiscuitSquiddyBiscuit Registered User regular
    I am about 1/4th on my way to the zaishen HoM title, done with the Kurzick/Luxon titles, probably half-way omw to the party/sweet tooth/drunkard/lucky/unlucky title tracks, have enough for a luxon armour (aside from plat :P), and will after I've finished all three campaigns+expansion probably have all heroes and required pets in the Fellowship monument.

That leaves about 5 points left to reach 30 (Assuming I get protector for all three campaigns, which I think I probably will) - any suggestions?

http://hom.guildwars2.com/en/#page=details&details=AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA&todo=IAAAA8////DAgQmMYIAEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAEIA

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DarkewolfeDarkewolfe Registered User regular
    20 mini's is pretty cheap to get to if you just buy the 2-4k ones.

What is this I don't even.
  • Options
    SeidkonaSeidkona Had an upgrade Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    One oppressors weapon and one destroyer's weapon would get you three points.

You could also get three points by getting five armors in the display. (one point for three armors and two points for five armors.)

Seidkona on
    Mostly just huntin' monsters.
    XBL:Phenyhelm - 3DS:Phenyhelm
  • Options
    OrmussOrmuss Registered User regular
    Sunday: 3 HoM points from completing Prophecies (5th title)
    Yesterday: 3 HoM points from getting the Moa Chick (unique + 20 total pets)
    Tonight: Must try to keep the streak alive! 3 HoM points from WiK weapon + first weapon + 3 more upgraded hero armors? Hopefully!

• Options
    derangedhermitderangedhermit Madstrike PortugalRegistered User regular
    If anyone needs hero armor for their Nightfall heroes, i have 5 Primeval Armor Remnants left from heroing DoA.

Battle.net: Madstrike#2175 , GuildWars2: Madstrike.1436
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    If anyone needs hero armor for their Nightfall heroes, i have 5 Primeval Armor Remnants left from heroing DoA.

I need these. Name your price.

Edit: I'm a bit poor right now from my adventures. I only have about 16k so if you need to sell higher you'd have to go with someone else but those five would put me only one hero armor away from another point so if we could make a deal I would appreciate it.

Seidkona on
  • Options

I would like to know how you heroed DoA. I very much want to do that.

• Options
    Darkewolfe wrote: »

I would like to know how you heroed DoA. I very much want to do that.

Telling me the build you used to hero DoA would be a preferable alternative to giving me the primeval armors at firesale, I agree.

• Options
    BullheadBullhead Registered User regular
    REG Rysk wrote: »
    I'm 27 keys from done.

Also @bullhead I still have this king thorn mini. Are you not on a US timezone?

I find myself in need of diamonds and oppressor weapons now.

@Reg Rysk
    Sorry sent you a PM on sunday - had to help a friend move last weekend, and then had a graduation/cinco saturday. I can meet you on anytime tonight, as I'm working from home today.

96058.png?1619393207
  • Options
    GeodGeod swim, swim, hungryRegistered User regular
    I'm 27 keys from done.

I'll trade you war supplies for those party/sweets/alcohol if you still have any.

• Options
    edited May 2012
    I used some defensive build i found on Guru from EFGJack (he also uses a warrior), think it was 2 RoJ monks, 1 UA healer, 2 Mesmers for Panic and Ineptitude/Shared Burden, a Spirit Spammer and a Soul Twist Rit for shelter. And obviously Save Yourselves on the warrior.

Heroing DoA is mostly a case of (very) careful pulling, especially in Foundry.

derangedhermit on
  • Options
    Geod wrote: »
    I'm 27 keys from done.

I'll trade you war supplies for those party/sweets/alcohol if you still have any.

What is the standard value to try to unload booze/diabetes/sexy-party-time items at?

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    I'm 27 keys from done.

DONE DEAL, SAVE THEM

@Bullhead should be around a bit tonight at some point

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    A long read, but this build should be capable of DoA if you know the area and pull properly.

• Options
    Dumb question incoming, but how do you set up your UI so that you can micro skills on several heroes?

• Options
    edited May 2012
    Room 3 of Foundry is the one that will make or break a run. The dryder/titan packs always roaming around need to be carefully pulled and your heroes need to be flagged properly. Room 4 is tedious and the boss can be a pain sometimes because of the NPCs.

The rest of DoA is not that hard as long as you don't Leeroy it :)

Note that i only done DoA with heroes for the HoM statue. After that i tried to 'farm' it for gemstones for my Tormented weapon but became irritated whenever i'd die in Foundry and never done it again.
    Dumb question incoming, but how do you set up your UI so that you can micro skills on several heroes?

This is how i have mine: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5549371/Pictures/guildwars/gwui.jpg

derangedhermit on
  • Options
    I'm 27 keys from done.

What is the standard value to try to unload booze/diabetes/sexy-party-time items at?

In general its 100g per point, but things like cupcakes/pies that have additional benefits can be worth more. So 100 bottle rockets is 10k. 20 bottles of grog is 6k. And so on.

• Options
    Reading about some of the new builds on PVXWiki or Guru, it seems now everyone is using the new hero from WoC ... how much time will the whole thing take to do?

• Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    What new hero?

• Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    likely the Rt hero you unlock for doing WoC hardmode.

you get a sin for doing normal.

• Options
    The third ritualist, I guess? Initiate Zei Ri? http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Initiate_Zei_Ri

• Options
    Reading about some of the new builds on PVXWiki or Guru, it seems now everyone is using the new hero from WoC ... how much time will the whole thing take to do?

It took Gary a couple weeks on his rit, which included some time getting helped AND some failed attempts before he started just buying consets. It is not a light endeavor.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular

It took Gary a couple weeks on his rit, which included some time getting helped AND some failed attempts before he started just buying consets. It is not a light endeavor.

it was bullshit and i would not have been able to do it without

A) cheating the AI in some quests
    B) lots of geod's help
    C) consets
    D) luck
    E) lots of time

• Options
    HM WoC isn't worth it imo, even though it does give good rewards. Some of the stuff is ridiculous since you just have to hope you get mobs that have a certain configuration (ie, only one ele). Hence the luck, I guess.

• Options
    unintentionalunintentional smelly Registered User regular
    there were several quests where you have to protect healer NPCs from a siege of enemies

and the only reasonable way to beat it is to lure the npc away from their spawn point before the enemies get there by having someone sacrifice their health and attract the healers to a distant location

• Options
    El FantasticoEl Fantastico Toronto, ONRegistered User regular
    I must be doing something wrong. I'm playing the Nightfall campaign right now, with a level 8 (almost 9) monk. I'm running around the Cliffs of Dohjok and I am constantly getting owned. My only available heroes right now are Koss and Dun...something, so I have to hire a henchman. Trouble is that I attract aggro so quickly from any group of mobs and I die. That stacking 15% debuff is nasty and so I end up resetting the zone because I clear it by wandering back into town.

My only available quests are the main progression line, and a few side missions that either involve mobs much stronger than I am, or hopelessly/endlessly grinding for rare monster drops for collectors. I feel like if I'm doing this badly at level 8, how can I hope to solo anything for grinding the other HoM points?

PSN: TheArcadeBear
    Steam: TheArcadeBear

• Options
    I must be doing something wrong. I'm playing the Nightfall campaign right now, with a level 8 (almost 9) monk. I'm running around the Cliffs of Dohjok and I am constantly getting owned. My only available heroes right now are Koss and Dun...something, so I have to hire a henchman. Trouble is that I attract aggro so quickly from any group of mobs and I die. That stacking 15% debuff is nasty and so I end up resetting the zone because I clear it by wandering back into town.

My only available quests are the main progression line, and a few side missions that either involve mobs much stronger than I am, or hopelessly/endlessly grinding for rare monster drops for collectors. I feel like if I'm doing this badly at level 8, how can I hope to solo anything for grinding the other HoM points?

98.7% of your HoM work will be after you're level 20.

• Options
    PMAversPMAvers Registered User regular
    edited May 2012
    Man, *fuck* that fire djinn boss at the end of...

...crap, forget the name of the mission, it's the Nightfall one where you've gotta bust through that Vabbi vault/hidden city thing.

Blew through everything up to it in the mission, pull it...

...and I insta-wipe.

PMAvers on
    persona4celestia.jpg
    COME FORTH, AMATERASU! - Switch Friend Code SW-5465-2458-5696 - Twitch
  • Options
    Man, sometimes I wonder about A.Net. This game is so full of great designs for various things, but the quest design sometimes seems like they went out of their way to make it annoying. Kinda hoping that particular notion they apparently had at one point does not carry over to GW2.

• Options
    Cobalt60Cobalt60 regular Registered User regular
    What quest is annoying?

• Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    PMAvers wrote: »

...crap, forget the name of the mission, it's the Nightfall one where you've gotta bust through that Vabbi vault/hidden city thing.

...and I insta-wipe.

Fire djinns and those fire hounds have big-ass AoE skills that easily wipe out your party in 2 seconds if they are grouped together. The trick is to make sure your Spirit spam is located *outside* the group, the heroes you can individually flag are located *outside* the group and you stay *outside* the rest of the group and away from your spirit spam. It also helps a lot if you bring 2 Mesmers (Gwen from start of EotN and the chubby guy from Vabbi) to shut down their long inductions (2 seconds on a Meteor, for example). Flag your heroes away if they stick in AoE and you should be fine.

If you get bumrushed by melee you should kite and let the heroes and henchies wittle them down. It's also important to have some protection spells on you, check out some builds for Prot monks. :)

• Options
    UnluckyUnlucky That's not meant to happen Registered User regular
    there were several quests where you have to protect healer NPCs from a siege of enemies

and the only reasonable way to beat it is to lure the npc away from their spawn point before the enemies get there by having someone sacrifice their health and attract the healers to a distant location
    I can attest to this. I'm about half-way through and I've just hit a brick wall of time\difficulty. It's rewarding, but God it takes ages. Honestly for straight up cash, it's just better to PvP and get ZKeys.

Hell, ZKeys are basically the best way to make cash, period.

Fantastic
  • Options
    Well, i done all the WoC quests till Rescue at Minister Cho's, both in normal and hardmode. Tonight i'll do RaMCE HM and continue. It's not been HARD so far but i guess tonight it's going to be harder.

• Options

...and I insta-wipe.

Entaru and I tried to vanquish it the other day, and holy crap it didn't work at all. If you thought normal mode was brutal, man... Hard mode fire aoe casters in packs of three ruin EVERYTHING.
    Ormuss wrote: »
    Man, sometimes I wonder about A.Net. This game is so full of great designs for various things, but the quest design sometimes seems like they went out of their way to make it annoying. Kinda hoping that particular notion they apparently had at one point does not carry over to GW2.

You have to remember, though, that a lot of this game design is really old. Everything they've shown in GW2 suggests they've moved away from the older, more punishing gameplay (that was common in a lot of games).

• Options
    SwashbucklerXXSwashbucklerXX Swashbucklin' Canuck Registered User regular
    Yeah, nowhere in Guild Wars 2 did I see any quests that required one to plod through an extensive amount of terrain featuring invisible, unclimbable walls and tons of trash packs in order to pick up a macguffin. I think ANet has officially buried that kind of design.

Want to find me on a gaming service? I'm SwashbucklerXX everywhere.
  • Options

...and I insta-wipe.

Entaru and I tried to vanquish it the other day, and holy crap it didn't work at all. If you thought normal mode was brutal, man... Hard mode fire aoe casters in packs of three ruin EVERYTHING.
    Ormuss wrote: »

You have to remember, though, that a lot of this game design is really old. Everything they've shown in GW2 suggests they've moved away from the older, more punishing gameplay (that was common in a lot of games).

There was so much degen the degen had degen. Cue "xhibit" or "inception" meme.

• Options
    REG RyskREG Rysk Lord Rageface Rageington The Exploding ManRegistered User regular
    Yo dawg I heard you like degen so I put conjure phantasm in your conjure nightmare so you can die faster while you die fast.

• Options
    Yo dawg I heard you like degen so I put conjure phantasm in your conjure nightmare so you can die faster while you die fast.

Also, everything you've ever loved is on fire.

• Options

Also, everything you've ever loved is on fire.

I still dream of fire. . .

• Options
    amnesiasoftamnesiasoft Thick Creamy Furry Registered User regular
    Why is Legendary Survivor's requirement so stupidly high? It's not even a case of being difficult to acquire now, just stupidly long. I'm at a million experience right now at the Gates of Madness. It's too bad I was in the wrong place at the start and lost my triple experience bonus.

steam_sig.png