Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

He's Sensational, he's Spectacular, he's the Amazing Spider-Man!

1161719212278

Posts

  • nightmarennynightmarenny Registered User regular
    Hasn't Deadpool been getting a lot of hate?

    Quire.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Name a single thing Marvel does that ISN'T firing on all cylinders right now. Go on. I'm waiting.
    Deadpool, X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Thunderbolts' time travel arc, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Battle Scars, Alpha and Omega and Supercrooks

  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    I would throw Avengers Academy in there as well.

    scale3nk0.png
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    I disagree on Avengers but okay there are some bad spots here and there

    huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Name a single thing Marvel does that ISN'T firing on all cylinders right now. Go on. I'm waiting.
    Deadpool, X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Thunderbolts' time travel arc, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Battle Scars, Alpha and Omega and Supercrooks

    Pretty much all of those things are good you just don't like them

    Apart from supercrooks which doesn't count

  • AntimatterAntimatter if you want to talk to me look elsewhere.Registered User regular
    Solar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Name a single thing Marvel does that ISN'T firing on all cylinders right now. Go on. I'm waiting.
    Deadpool, X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Thunderbolts' time travel arc, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Battle Scars, Alpha and Omega and Supercrooks

    Pretty much all of those things are good you just don't like them

    Apart from supercrooks which doesn't count

    there is no definition of good where current Deadpool can fall

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Solar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Name a single thing Marvel does that ISN'T firing on all cylinders right now. Go on. I'm waiting.
    Deadpool, X-Men, Avengers, New Avengers, Thunderbolts' time travel arc, Captain America, Incredible Hulk, Battle Scars, Alpha and Omega and Supercrooks

    Pretty much all of those things are good you just don't like them

    Apart from supercrooks which doesn't count
    You're really saying Gischler's X-Men and Deadpool are good?

    and I didn't say they were bad, there is a difference between "not firing on all cylinders" and "terrible poopcomics"

    Blankzilla on
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    I actually like Alpha and Omega

    but then I like Quentin Quire and I think a lot of people don't? or something

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    Did Brian Wood pull your grandmother from a burning building?

  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    I think Alpha and Omega is a fine story

    but it should not be a 5 issue mini what the hell

    3 issues, max. It is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think Alpha and Omega is a fine story

    but it should not be a 5 issue mini what the hell

    3 issues, max. It is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

    you're slow

    I don't mind the pace

    not every comic got to roll along quickly

    sometimes it's nice for things to be more relaxed

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    Did Brian Wood pull your grandmother from a burning building?

    No, but he did write Supermarket, which was my introduction to comics not written by the big 2.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Man I like Bendis stories

    I have no problem with decompressed storytelling

    and Alpha and Omega is paced like it is a 7 hour Lifetime original movie

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Solar wrote: »
    Blankzilla wrote: »
    I think Alpha and Omega is a fine story

    but it should not be a 5 issue mini what the hell

    3 issues, max. It is slooooooooooooooooooooooooooooow

    you're slow

    I don't mind the pace

    not every comic got to roll along quickly

    sometimes it's nice for things to be more relaxed

    nothing is fucking happening

    #1 set up a situation

    and there was a little change at the end of #3 with Quentin entering the construct

    but really, this would have been one issue back during Claremont's run. One!

    huntresssig.jpg
  • wirehead26wirehead26 Registered User regular
    Speaking of Brian Wood everyone says I need to read Northlanders and DMZ. Northlanders sounds interesting to me but I'll pass on DMZ.

    What is best in life?
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Yeah well Chris Claremont is a crazy, dirty old man and what does he know

    I am enjoying Alpha and Omega and there is nothing anyone can do about it! NOTHING! HAHAHAHAAAA!

    Solar on
  • BlankzillaBlankzilla The Year 198X Being Xtreme to the MaxxRegistered User regular
    Northlanders is very good. I highly recommend the first trade: Sven the Returned. It is 6-7 issues for 10 bucks.

  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    Did Brian Wood pull your grandmother from a burning building?

    No, but he did write Supermarket, which was my introduction to comics not written by the big 2.

    Supermarket is only for awesome people.

    steam_sig.png
  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    Did Brian Wood pull your grandmother from a burning building?

    No, but he did write Supermarket, which was my introduction to comics not written by the big 2.

    Supermarket is only for awesome people.

    I am an awesome people.

    huntresssig.jpg
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    wirehead26 wrote: »
    Speaking of Brian Wood everyone says I need to read Northlanders and DMZ. Northlanders sounds interesting to me but I'll pass on DMZ.

    I really like the early bits of DMZ, that focused on a lot of world-building. The few most recent TPBs I read, that actually tried to advance the overall plot, didn't do much for me.

    If you've never read Demo, New York Four, New York Five, or Local, you probably should, though. Because they're pretty awesome.

  • TexiKenTexiKen Was it Kierkegaard or Dick Van Patten who said, Registered User regular
    Really? Better than Venom/Hulk Spirit of Vengance?

    I liked Circle of Four, but wasn't wowed by it. And I feel like I could have skipped all the .1 issues and been just fine understanding the story.

    corel309-Copy_zps0390a6cc.jpg
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Arivia wrote: »
    Solar wrote: »
    NO THINGS ARE EITHER GOOD OR AWFUL BY DEGREE OF ME

    STOP ARGUING WITH LOGIC AND SENSE

    I would agree with this except I am reading Alpha and Omega and the only reason I am still reading it is because I would feel bad taking it off my pull list.

    Did Brian Wood pull your grandmother from a burning building?

    No, but he did write Supermarket, which was my introduction to comics not written by the big 2.

    Supermarket is only for awesome people.

    I am an awesome people.

    Well, yeah. You read it so you're awesome.

    Supermarket was actually one of the books that got me back into comics. It's like an awesome pill that makes you awesome. Or adds to previously existing awesome.

    SatanIsMyMotor on
    steam_sig.png
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
  • Silver_MageSilver_Mage Registered User regular
    Is the bug guy on the left someone new?

  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    The current stuff looks great, I really need to catch up already. I'm still stuck in the middle of The Gauntlet.

    Can anyone point out any side stories or crossovers from the last couple years I should really watch for? I know there's a little bit of Fantastic Four crossover and it looks like there's a lot with Spider Island. Kinda hoping I can pass on things aside from whats in ASM there for my wallet's sake.

    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • UltimateInfernoUltimateInferno Registered User regular
    SightTDW wrote: »
    The current stuff looks great, I really need to catch up already. I'm still stuck in the middle of The Gauntlet.

    Can anyone point out any side stories or crossovers from the last couple years I should really watch for? I know there's a little bit of Fantastic Four crossover and it looks like there's a lot with Spider Island. Kinda hoping I can pass on things aside from whats in ASM there for my wallet's sake.

    Other than the 3 venom issues all the spider island stuff is passable. Spider-Man joined the F4 when it became the FF, the FF book aint really essential to spider-man though.

    PiybwnF.jpg
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    Is the bug guy on the left someone new?

    Human Fly?
    I'm just guessing


    There was a Daredevil crossover recently

    nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • Falcon4196Falcon4196 Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    SightTDW wrote: »
    The current stuff looks great, I really need to catch up already. I'm still stuck in the middle of The Gauntlet.

    Can anyone point out any side stories or crossovers from the last couple years I should really watch for? I know there's a little bit of Fantastic Four crossover and it looks like there's a lot with Spider Island. Kinda hoping I can pass on things aside from whats in ASM there for my wallet's sake.

    I didn't think most of the side stuff from Spider Island was necessary to your comprehension besides the stuff over in Venom. As for the FF stuff none of it seem particularly needed for understanding the main ASM story line beyond reinforcing the fact that Peter is freakin tired these days do to his schedule. Between the end of the Gauntlet and up thorugh Spider Island I can't think of any side stuff that was particularity important to the main story line. Unless you care about Spider-Mans side story in Fear Itself.

    Falcon4196 on
  • WiseManTobesWiseManTobes Registered User regular
    Spider Island Avengers, wasn't nessecary and is mostly stand alone if you knw about the theme to Spider Island, but it was also really fun, Hawkeye trying to deal with Spider-powers and also had Frogman!

    On the Fantastic Four side, the only other series to worry about is FF, as the main title changed to that for a bit, then they became side by side titles somewhat, Spidey was only really there in early FF and the issue 600 of Fantastic iirc.

    Also fair warning, if you let yourself get even a little sucked in to Hickman's run, you will not escape probably.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Frogman absolutely kicking ass to the amazement of Ms Marvel was a moment of triumph

    Frogman/Carol Danvers fanfic in the making

  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    Man, this week's Avenging Spider-Man looks great. It brings back Captain America's history as a cartoonist, which I love.

  • Robos A Go GoRobos A Go Go Registered User regular
    Cap throwing away the newspaper in shame is so sad.

    Made me cry all over my liberty bonds.

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Captain America's history as a comic artist is a wonderful, wonderful thing

    a lot of the heroes who we love in comics probably don't read comics, you know?

    the fact that Cap is a comic fan and artist as well as a big name hero just, I dunno

    it makes it seem like if you met him, you could talk about that. You'd be friends.

    And that is great

  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    It's why I like that Fraction made Danny Rand a comic fan too

    also one who was dismayed when that reality wave made all his comics grim and dark

    Danny Rand is a man of the people!

  • AriviaArivia Registered User
    in my case, I kind of want Danny Rand to be a man in the people :winky:

    huntresssig.jpg
  • SolarSolar Registered User regular
    Everybody wants Danny Rand

    it is in part due to his charm

    the other part is of course his amazing abs

  • SightTDWSightTDW Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Thanks for the advise everyone. I'll be sure to check out Venom's Spider Island issues at the very least.

    Anyway, its good to be back. I think I already have a new favorite costume variation.

    Winter2.jpg

    SightTDW on
    Live - SightTDW | PSN - SightTDW | Nintendo Network - Wildschwein | 3DS - 1934-0834-9797
    Steam - Wildschwein | The Backlog
    Grappling Hook Showdown - Tumblr
  • initiatefailureinitiatefailure Registered User regular
    the spider island HC actually has all the venom issues included in it so you wouldn't have to worry hunting them down

    steam_sig.png
    Behance Portfolio I PSN- Subtle_Ties | 3DS: 3840-5210-2008 (Subtle) | FFXIV: Phyla Zuul
Sign In or Register to comment.