As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] League of Tryhards - Best Online Technical

programjunkieprogramjunkie Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
logo.jpg

Or

teemo.png

Fuck Teemo. He's a bitch, compared to this sexy motherfucker right here:

shen.jpg

Guess what he's gonna do for you? He's gonna make sure your fragile ass isn't going to be cc'ed to death. Why? He's your fucking lifeline.

League of Legends is a game inspired by the Defense of the Ancients, developed and published by Riot Games.

READ THIS FIRST!

Frosteey's Super Useful Advice Corner
Tip #1: Have fun : D
Need a stream list? List of all streams that are worth listing.

Have you scored a Pentakill?
I5r0s.jpg
2115f11.jpg
i4qxjt.jpg
Guuuys.jpg[
Get on the G&T vent to play with us (list at bottom), the vent info is stickied at the top of the forum.

Game Info and Useful Links:
leagueoflegends.com, the game database provided by Riot (who make the game).
leaguecraft.com, there are a lot of fan sites out there with general information and builds. This is just one; and, it's kinda slow as shit. Regardless of where you look for builds keep in mind, most of them make assumptions that are not clearly conveyed and there are a lot that are just plain bad. Tread lightly.
KillerCodeMonkey's wiki, add your brilliant shit to it.
Game mechanic shit, stuff like how attacks and magic and fuck work.
Rune break-dancing, good info about what runes you should buy.
Livestreams Watch the pros rage.

THE BUSY-BUSTER CODES - USE AT YOUR OWN RISK
When you've got the client open, type

"Left, Right, Left, Right, Down, Down, Up, Up, 3 then 4"

Alternatively

"CTRL+L --> [ javascript:setServerStatus(1) ]"

Again, use them at your own risk.

IF YOU'RE GOING TO SPEND REAL CASH DOLLA MONIES FOR CHAMPIONS
Zoelef wrote: »
Drop $20 for the Retail Box (Amazon, Best Buy, GameSpot, Newegg, Target, and Wal-Mart typically have this) It gives you $10 in Riot Points, take those, then buy $10 in Riot Points and $5 in Riot Points. Spend all of them on the second champ pack.

That's $35 for 40 champs permanently unlocked; none of the post-40 have ever been in a bundle AFAIK.
Cutfang wrote: »
Q: How can I get champions and save money?
A: You won't have to spend a cent if you simply play games and earn enough IP to buy them all. If, however, you wish to hasten the process you may buy champions with real money. The most cost effective way to buy champions is by purchasing the two bundles on offer.
For $45 you can buy 6380 Riot Points, which are used to buy champions and skins. 3900 of those points gets you the Digital Collector's Pack, which contains 20 champions and includes 1380 Riot Points (huh?). If you were to buy the champions individually it would cost 37800 IP or 9620 RP. The Digital Collector's pack can also be bought in stores or online as a boxed copy, which may save you a significant amount of money.
3410 Riot Points gets you the champions bundle. This contains some more expensive champions. Bought individually they would cost 60750 IP or 14350 RP (ish).
This leaves you with 450 RP, enough to buy yourself a single skin!

the LoL wiki for the updated Champion list.

Valiantine has a lovely spreadsheet that you can add your summoner name to.

HEY LISTEN!

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Ap5qFqD3oLKndHNfOGJ1VFNZVVZ6c1NtZVktdXpsTVE&hl=en&authkey=CJPuh4wG#gid=0
Edit: The spreadsheet is currently defunct.

I placed everyone's name in the OP to this neat and tidy spreadsheet. You should be able to edit it yourself, find your name and fill the fields. If anyone is getting problems, PM MooMan or VaLiantine, because I don't understand simple spreadsheets. Please play Persona 4 if you haven't already.

programjunkie on

• Options
    Magic RadioMagic Radio Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Cool kids buy a Rylai's on Shen.

Magic Radio on
  • Options
    Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS regular
    edited February 2011
    Thread needs more Tristana.

Fizban140 on
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gonna play ryze now

need to not suck so bad

i'm so terrible at this game still

It's all practice.

The game has a huge number of elements, and you can't learn them all at once or expect to get good at all of them quickly. Being good is a synthesis of being average at a lot of things and connecting the dots. Contrary to what many people say and think, you can be a great player while having shitty map awareness or bad last hitting if you make up for it in another area.

So practice, enjoy yourself, and find the areas you need to improve on. If you want tips on ryze especially I can set up a custom game that shows you the basics that will get you a long way towards skipping out the learning period.

summoner name is tiny angry crab

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    One of these days I will play AP Twitch. I imagine it will be an interesting exerience.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    surrealitychecksurrealitycheck lonely, but not unloved dreaming of faulty keys and latchesRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I've done it

it's bad unless the enemies are superdum

you're better of going hybrid with malady gunblade nashor's

and yes I've done it more than once :(

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    TIFunkaliciousTIFunkalicious Kicking back in NebraskaRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Kass tower diving me made me smack my computer so hard it shut down

went 1/2/9 after though, which is better than expected

TIFunkalicious on
  • Options
    SagaxusSagaxus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    That isn't nearly as funny as running around with a Mejai's and all those other caster things though.

Sagaxus on
    a4i9N.png
  • Options
    FeldornFeldorn Mediocre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gragas is a rapetrain.

Feldorn on
  • Options
    SpectrumSpectrum Archer of Inferno Chaldea Rec RoomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    gonna play ryze now

need to not suck so bad

i'm so terrible at this game still

It's all practice.

The game has a huge number of elements, and you can't learn them all at once or expect to get good at all of them quickly. Being good is a synthesis of being average at a lot of things and connecting the dots. Contrary to what many people say and think, you can be a great player while having shitty map awareness or bad last hitting if you make up for it in another area.

So practice, enjoy yourself, and find the areas you need to improve on. If you want tips on ryze especially I can set up a custom game that shows you the basics that will get you a long way towards skipping out the learning period.

summoner name is tiny angry crab
    New Ryze is one of the few champions I play that I feel fairly confident about taking into a lane 1v1 against Vlad and working him

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    UrQuanLord88UrQuanLord88 Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    y u no doba moba

UrQuanLord88 on
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/urquanlord88
    urquanlord88.png
    Streaming 8PST on weeknights
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yeah vlad is horrible against new ryze 1v1 because your q does more damage and has a lower cd from level 1, and then at 4 you just do your R KELLY PEE ON U combo and there's nothing he can do

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    yeah vlad is horrible against new ryze 1v1 because your q does more damage and has a lower cd from level 1, and then at 4 you just do your R KELLY PEE ON U combo and there's nothing he can do
    Not only that, but Overload outranges Transfusion by enough that so long as you have equal or superior boots, you can just poke him down and he can't do shit back to you.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    zerg rushzerg rush Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Ugh, on a losing streak right now.

The only game I've won in the last 10 is when I went Triple-snowball + CDR Katarina, so I could ult twice in every teamfight.

Any time I play not-retardedly I do terrible. :-/

zerg rush on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    there's a lesson there

GO FULL RETARD

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I tried out Kassadin based on the suggestions from here, thx everyone btw. Holy crap does he ride a razor's edge. I either flat out dominated some teamfights or was turned to giblets in seconds. That's really going to take some getting used to.

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    he slides down the razor blade of life

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Yea I pretty much lost the last 12 games I played

I am so bad, at least I dont feed in the first 6 lvls.

M.D. on
  • Options
    nealcmnealcm Alvarian AlvarianRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    once you learn the way of the kassadin there will be no more razors in your life

only mejai's stacks

everyone looks like mejai's stacks to kassadin

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    TrusTrus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I like when Kassadins go Mejai's against me. It make me feel like I have accomplished so much more when I throw a flaming bear on him.

Trus on
    qFN53.png
  • Options
    ResIpsaLoquiturResIpsaLoquitur Not a grammar nazi, just alt-write. Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I'll add my name to the Ryze fanclub. Tear, boots 1, cata, boots 2, roa, banshees, frozen heart...

kinda hit a wall at that point. we were doing well enough (and going long enough) that I got void staff for the mpen, but it wasn't the right fit for the game. After manamuning, I sold the void and grabbed a rylai's. The slow helped immensely.

ResIpsaLoquitur on
    League of Legends: MichaelDominick; Blizzard(NA): MichaelD#11402; Steam ID: MichaelDominick
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • Options
    CaenemCaenem Sarasota, FLRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    nealcm wrote: »
    once you learn the way of the kassadin there will be no more razors in your life

only mejai's stacks

Just to clarify, I'm pimping E as fast as I can or am I balancing it with Q? And W is pretty much useless except for the passive?

Caenem on
    But you, pig, are a lucky one. Tell us what we wish to know, and you may yet keep your bacon.
    Nemlock for online gaming
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Caenem wrote: »
    nealcm wrote: »

only mejai's stacks

Just to clarify, I'm pimping E as fast as I can or am I balancing it with Q? And W is pretty much useless except for the passive?

ignore W entirely, level Q first, then E

at least thats how i do it

in a sidelane i might level E first because there would be enough spells often enough to warrant that

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    In general levelling q is a better idea

better laning and more dependable damage, plus better for killing runners

surrealitycheck on
    obF2Wuw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Trus wrote: »
    I like when Kassadins go Mejai's against me. It make me feel like I have accomplished so much more when I throw a flaming bear on him.

pffft i eat annies for breakfast

i'd like to see your bear tibbers while they are purple balls preventing you from speaking

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I'll add my name to the Ryze fanclub. Tear, boots 1, cata, boots 2, roa, banshees, frozen heart...

kinda hit a wall at that point. we were doing well enough (and going long enough) that I got void staff for the mpen, but it wasn't the right fit for the game. After manamuning, I sold the void and grabbed a rylai's. The slow helped immensely.
    If you went RoA, you should really consider going AA and Lich Bane at that point. Sit on a Negatron since you'll likely need the MR and turn that into a BV as necessary.

If enemy MR really is a problem, then Void Staff instead of Lich Bane is a good choice.

Spectrum on
    XNnw6Gk.jpg
  • Options
    AsiinaAsiina ... WaterlooRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Play copy the pub.

Tell her to take red.

She says "no it's okay cause I've got a frozen mallet. You take it."

wat a dum

Asiina on
  • Options
    InkyblotsInkyblots Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    I love this game but I can't believe the UI is so terrible. This is probably just beating a dead house but holy shit what were they thinking.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    poor poor dead houses

always being beaten

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    Ha! I would edit that but it's too damn funny. There also seems to be the a mod that let's you resize the UI but I wish you could somehow change it to the beta version.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    i like you, inkyblots

able to laugh at yourself like that

promote this man

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    What's wrong with the UI?

I mean there are a lot of things to complain about in this game, but

the UI?

facetious on
    "I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    I hate that you can't make any one thing small and you can either make the entire UI small or make it big and take up the a lot of space. It's kind of ugly too I think, but that's just a personal opinion. SkinLoL seems to make it a little more manageable though. I'm not saying it makes the game unplayable, but it just seems kind of half assed.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    MonkeyConQuesoMonkeyConQueso No more MH Claw Happy handsRegistered User regular
    edited February 2011
    You can resize the UI, so...?

And the LuxBus continues...no SS since I closed out of LoL and am planning on getting some sleep but I went 5/0/9 with CDRBoots>Fiendish Codex>Sheen and that's it.

No one on the opposing team bought MR :?

E: ^^ Gotcha Inky, and I somewhat agree. But the UI doesn't bug me all that much. It bugs the fuck out of my buddy who designs UI's though.

MonkeyConQueso on
    PSN : Aubvry ;; WiiU/XBL/Steam : MonkeyConQueso ;; 3DS FC : 4553-9982-3786
    Destiny! : Warlock - Titan - Hunter
  • Options
    SuMa.LustreSuMa.Lustre Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    rofl i just saw what happened to the spreadsheet

wuut

SuMa.Lustre on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    You can resize the UI, so...?

And the LuxBus continues...no SS since I closed out of LoL and am planning on getting some sleep but I went 5/0/9 with CDRBoots>Fiendish Codex and that's it.

No one on the opposing team bought MR :?

E: ^^ Gotcha Inky, and I somewhat agree. But the UI doesn't bug me all that much. It bugs the fuck out of my buddy who designs UI's though.

This is what I'm saying though, you resize the whole thing, the problem I'm having is that anything close to being called 'compact' makes text unreadable. And making text readable makes everything too big. I've read of other people complaining about this too.

Inkyblots on
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    oh my goodness the spreadsheet

nealcm on
    19ZUtIw.png
  • Options
    M.D.M.D. and then what happens? Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    aawwww dang i didnt even notice the spreadsheet and then I clicked it to add my name and yea that is something

M.D. on
  • Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    This would be why you don't leave it open to anyone to edit.

Delphinidaes on
    NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Goodness gracious.

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    ShamusShamus Registered User regular
    edited February 2011
    Thought I was playing Tryn.

garent.png