As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

How are the dead American soldiers counted?

2»

• Options
    Juergen HubertJuergen Hubert Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    entropykid wrote:
    I've heard conspiracy theories that the number of American soldiers dying in Iraq has been grossly underreported by the American government - by up to an order of magnitude. While I don't believe this, I am unsure how to actually counter this.

I heard a conspiracy theory that the government may have intentionally lied to get us into Iraq...

but that's all that is...conspiracy theories.

We need to have more faith in our government.

Your government. Since I am no U.S. citizen, I am not required to claim any faith in Bush to show my patriotism. In fact, since I am German, I am not required to show any patriotism at all. :p

Juergen Hubert on
    UrbisBanner.jpg
  • Options
    SuperunknownSuperunknown Registered User regular
    edited February 2007
    Endomatic wrote:
    I don't know who counts it but I'm sure all the families of dead soldiers notice when their son/brother/sister/daughter/father/etc. is not added to the death toll. So I guess they keep track.

How do you suppose? They know THEIR son is dead, and possibly their neighbors, or at best a small towns number. Do they know the entire nations? Extremely doubtful as there is really no way of finding out except from the government.

I'm thinking there's no 3rd party counting the dead bodies.

I suppose if someone wanted to, they could go count the graves. That'd probably be the best (and about as accurate as you're gonna get) option.

No not like "We are the families and I know the families of every dead person is Iraq and the numbers aren't adding up."

I mean like "Wow my son is dead yet the death toll counter hasn't moved up, there's a problem now"

Superunknown on