As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Orcs must Die!] Are you killing orcs? You should be killing orcs.

• Options
    durandal4532durandal4532 Registered User regular
    Sooo

This was kind of amazingly well done. I mean, I hope that the later levels are way bigger, but well it's pretty fun and well animated and just... man it's satisfying.

Take a moment to donate what you can to Critical Resistance and Black Lives Matter.
  • Options
    joshgotrojoshgotro Deviled Egg The Land of REAL CHILIRegistered User regular
    This and Crysis(360) are going to be filling out my playlist between now and ME3. Excited to say the least.

• Options
    WrenWren ninja_bird Registered User regular
    edited October 2011
    Planning to buy this, was excited ever since it was announced, but I always thought it had co-op. I am saddened.

well it certainly looks like a game that would, though they've never said it would be. maybe they'll do a sequel if this does well and put coop in

and only 15 bucks? I'm sold

Wren on
    tf2sig.jpg
    TF2 - Wren BF3: Wren-fu
  • Options
    TheKoolEagleTheKoolEagle Registered User regular
    just played the demo and i gotta say i love the lines, seriously great voice acting

uNMAGLm.png Mon-Fri 8:30 PM CST - 11:30 PM CST
  • Options
    vegeta_666vegeta_666 CanadaRegistered User regular
    Played the demo and immediately pre-ordered it on Steam. Such a fun game, I'm going to have a ball just eliminating large amounts of orcs. I can see it getting larger/more complex as the levels go on.

Sob24Nm.png
    Steam: abunchofdaftpunk | PSN: noautomobilesgo | Lastfm: sjchszeppelin | Backloggery: colincummings | 3DS FC: 1392-6019-0219 |
  • Options
    GuildNavigatorGuildNavigator Registered User regular
    Can't play the demo. It's really bizarre. The little Steam box pops up, then disappears, then pops back up in rapid sequence like a strobe. After about 15 seconds it just gives up.

I tried verifying file integrity.

• Options
    wobblyheadedbobwobblyheadedbob Registered User regular
    Can't play the demo. It's really bizarre. The little Steam box pops up, then disappears, then pops back up in rapid sequence like a strobe. After about 15 seconds it just gives up.

This happens to me sometimes. I just restart Steam.

• Options

This happens to me sometimes. I just restart Steam.

You can also try opening the .exe directly in the folder instead of going through steam

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Awwwww, no mac version?

This would be the perfect game to play at work.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    DrakeDrake Edgelord Trash Below the ecliptic plane.Registered User regular
    Echo wrote:
    Is there any word on planned multiplayer? Sanctum was pretty fun, but it lacked a certain something that it looks like this has.

I read in the Steam thread that they planned this as a single player only game, to focus on delivering the best game possible, since adding a multiplayer component would have taken way more time overall.

• Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Major Nelson's blog says this is on XBLA now for 1200 points. Anyone got full version yet?

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    Echo wrote:
    Is there any word on planned multiplayer? Sanctum was pretty fun, but it lacked a certain something that it looks like this has.

I read in the Steam thread that they planned this as a single player only game, to focus on delivering the best game possible, since adding a multiplayer component would have taken way more time overall.

I'm picturing a Torchlight scenario. Which is absolutely fine by me.

• Options
    Drake wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Yep. They said if this game takes off, they'll do up some multiplayer in the sequel.

• Options
    king awesomeking awesome Registered User regular
    Drake wrote:
    Drake wrote:
    Echo wrote:

Yep. They said if this game takes off, they'll do up some multiplayer in the sequel.

My friend and I played this at PAX East and we were chatting up the developer who was running the demo with us. He said basically that. That people would always say "oh man, this would be awesome with multiplayer" and 1st and foremost they wanted to get a solid game that people liked, and then do multiplayer stuff later if the game did well.

Bigsushi.fm
    Listen to our podcast, read our articles, tell us how much you hate it and how to make it better ;)
  • Options
    yeah, just gotta get the word out about it so the sales do good, I am really hoping for success because I would love to see a sequel with multiplayer, or you know, patch in multiplayer.

I can't wait til the game gets released, $15 for this game is a steal.

I wonder how long the campaign will last? or maybe they will add in dlc for new maps/traps

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    Giantbomb has a quicklook of this that really makes me want to buy it: http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-orcs-must-die/17-4997/

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    technicaltechnical Registered User regular
    Played the steam demo last night. Really fun. I'll be picking the game up next week on steam.

3DS FC: 3050-8986-0512

PSN: technical_ta
  • Options
    the demo keeps fucking with me because there is a link that says 'unlock full game!' i already bought the game and would very much like to play the full thing right now :(

stupid release dates always cock blocking me

• Options
    edited October 2011
    I am indeed loving this. Everything: the gameplay, the art style, the sound.

So bought.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    edited October 2011
    derp double post.

Dr_Keenbean on
  • Options
    DroolDrool Science! AustinRegistered User regular
    I played the demo last night, then played it again, then preordered it so I could bash orcs in sweet armor with a war hammer.

It is a good game, also it's made by Texas indie devs so I feel sort of obligated.

• Options
    SteevLSteevL What can I do for you? Registered User regular
    I just played the first stage of the demo. Seems like a lot of fun! Might make for a good game to play to hold me over until Arkham City.

• Options
    Lord YodLord Yod Registered User regular
    I like this but I don't think I'll get $15 of value out of it. Maybe hold off for a sale or something.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Drake ChambersDrake Chambers Lay out my formal shorts. Registered User regular
    Demo was pretty entertaining. I did get some mouse hand fatigue from clicking the crossbow button a million times. That might be mitigated using a controller.

Still no takers on the 360 version? That's probably where I'll end up playing unless there's something terribly wrong with it.

• Options
    DyvionDyvion Back in Sunny Florida!!Registered User regular
    It's Fun! waiting for a sale.

Steam: No Safety In Life
    PSN: Dyvion -- Eternal: Dyvion+9393 -- Genshin Impact: Dyvion
  • Options
    AspectVoidAspectVoid Registered User regular
    Lord Yod wrote:
    I like this but I don't think I'll get $15 of value out of it. Maybe hold off for a sale or something.

See, I try to balance my game purchases against going to the movies. A movie is about 2 hours and costs $10. Thus, as long as a game's price is in line with that, its all cool. As long as I get 3 hours of joy out of Orcs Must Die! I will see it well worth the $15. I have no doubt that I'll get at least three hours of entertainment.

PSN|AspectVoid
  • Options
    CantidoCantido Registered User regular
    Da WAAAGH! Ill download the demo after my exam today.

3DS Friendcode 5413-1311-3767
  • Options
    Wow, I just realized that this is made by the same company that did Age of Empires Online.

• Options
    edited October 2011
    Kind of, they started it, but it was given to Gas Powered Games by Microsoft. Robot is ex Ensemble people who created the Age of Empires series.

Drool on
  • Options
    The demo is pretty neato.

The main character kinda reminds me of Ash from Army of Darkness, which is a really good thing.

• Options
    Yeah I got a Bruce Campbell vibe right away as well.

• Options
    can.. can they just release this on the PC already?

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    GarthorGarthor Registered User regular
    Demo was pretty entertaining. I did get some mouse hand fatigue from clicking the crossbow button a million times. That might be mitigated using a controller.

Still no takers on the 360 version? That's probably where I'll end up playing unless there's something terribly wrong with it.

Going for headshots is probably the better choice. Can only get them when the crosshair has returned to the middle and turned green.

• Options
    watching the giantbomb video made me cringe watching him spam the crossbow constantly, like it was killing me he didn't actually aim

• Options
    NamrokNamrok Registered User regular
    I want to be home from work so bad so I can play this. But I have a date night tonight with the girlfriend.

OH NO!

• Options
    watching the giantbomb video made me cringe watching him spam the crossbow constantly, like it was killing me he didn't actually aim

Is it actually effective to put two arrow wall traps facing each other like he does in the video? Seems like a waste, but I'm not sure.

• Options
    ultimakayultimakay Registered User regular
    SteevL wrote:

Is it actually effective to put two arrow wall traps facing each other like he does in the video? Seems like a waste, but I'm not sure.

I've found that staggering works better. One arrow trap usually kills whatever triggers it so you don't really need another one overlapping.

hLeTR.png
  • Options
    with the extended range for activation, making it face the waves straight on is better than making it only cover a small choke as well

tf2sig.jpg
  • Options
    TOGSolidTOGSolid Drunk sailor Seattle, WashingtonRegistered User regular
    I'm kinda wishing the demo featured a later level to showcase potential difficulty. The levels in the demo were piss easy :(. Just put spike traps everywhere and go get a soda.

wWuzwvJ.png
  • Options
    according to the giantbomb thing it does ramp up around level 7, so i am thinking it will be difficult enough