As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Old [Entertainment] Thread is Old. Everyone GTFO!

• Options
    LuxLux Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    You know, that kind of explains the awkwardness of Triple H's intro.

Here are some poorly coordinated dudes kneeling! Now they move forward five feet. Now the lights go out for a couple seconds too long.

Lux on
  • Options
    PwnanObrienPwnanObrien He's right, life sucks. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    --Wade Keller claims on his PWTorch podcast that TNA is undergoing some serious changes, and there is even talk of doing rebranding and changing the name. Honky Tonk Man is claiming there are also going to be changes in upper management and promises to break some major news in his podcast tomorrow.

Keller is making it sound like the Jeff Hardy thing at the PPV was the final straw, in regards to a lot of things.

I for one welcome the change from the embarrassing acronym of TNA to the new Dragon Pride Combat Pro, which I feel really makes a strong appeal to fans of young talent, tag teams and hardcore action like you might see out of Japanese influenced companies like Dragon Gate ROH or CHIKARA. Because hey, what sounds worse, admitting to watching TNA wrestling or being a fan of DPCP?

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KurnDerakKurnDerak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Cade wrote: »
    --Wade Keller claims on his PWTorch podcast that TNA is undergoing some serious changes, and there is even talk of doing rebranding and changing the name. Honky Tonk Man is claiming there are also going to be changes in upper management and promises to break some major news in his podcast tomorrow.

Keller is making it sound like the Jeff Hardy thing at the PPV was the final straw, in regards to a lot of things.

I for one welcome the change from the embarrassing acronym of TNA to the new Dragon Pride Combat Pro, which I feel really makes a strong appeal to fans of young talent, tag teams and hardcore action like you might see out of Japanese influenced companies like Dragon Gate ROH or CHIKARA. Because hey, what sounds worse, admitting to watching TNA wrestling or being a fan of DPCP?

I just can't help but think that any statement along the lines of "DPCP is awesome!" should be followed by a call to the local rehab center. Though, thats not any worse than any statement of "TNA is awesome!" which would be followed by a call to the local mental heatlh facility, as they are obvious a danger to themselves.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Damnit. I should have worked Rob Feinstein's name into that post before it got quoted.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    SkittlebrauSkittlebrau Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damnit. I should have worked Rob Feinstein's name into that post before it got quoted.

lol ill pretend u said 18

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    CadeCade Eppur si muove.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Former WWE creative team member John Piermarini stated in a blog post earlier this year that Vince McMahon believes John Morrison "can't kick anyone's rear end in a real fight" and therefore won't achieve the success many have pegged him for. That's not the only criticism being levied towards "The Prince of Parkour" as the Pro Wrestling Torch reports that many people within WWE feel he comes off as if he's performing in his matches, as opposed to fighting. This holds him back, as does his relationship with Melina and the belief that his promo ability is subpar.

Character aside, it's been said that McMahon doesn't respect Morrison as a man. Years ago, he allowed Melina to engage in a sexual relationship with former WWE star Batista while the two were dating. Morrison opted to be professional instead of confrontational and therefore lost brownie points with the WWE CEO.

Trish Stratus appeared on Sirius XM Radio's Busted Open on Friday and politely buried Morrison by indicating that he wasn't too smart in his decision making for their match at WrestleMania. She confirmed online reports that he wasn't interested in listening to her suggestions for their bout, and that when she went to hug him during the post-match celebration, he cold-shouldered her. The feeling is that his unprofessional behavior will set himself back politically since Stratus is highly regarded amongst company personnel.

Nice abs but your no man yet according to McMahon.

Cade on
  • Options
    JustinSane07JustinSane07 Really, stupid? Brockton__BANNED USERS regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm disappointed the tag match lost so many viewers because it was such a good match. It was well performed and exciting. People should have stuck around for it.

JustinSane07 on
  • Options
    SeolSeol Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    trouble is, the wrestling fans are outnumbered by the entertainment fans nowadays

Seol on
  • Options
    AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Seol wrote: »
    trouble is, the wrestling fans are outnumbered by the entertainment fans nowadays

What's funny is DVR Raw and Smackdown. How I watched Raw was about exactly opposite of how the numbers went.

I watched all of the tag match, the DB/Sheamus match, and fast forwarded most of the promos, minus HHH, Miz, and when the Corre attacked.

Assuran on
  • Options
    KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    It's a self fullfilling prophecy really.

WWE conditions viewers not to care about matches outside of PPV's, so when viewers don't care about them they can feel justify in no stressing wrestling during the show, which again conditions further viewers not to care about matches.

Kyougu on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    That and the matches themselves are fairly lackluster/over so quick why care in the first place about them?

Doesn't help most of the wrestlers themselves are pretty ho hum.

Cade on
  • Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kreutz wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    This is probably the best episode since the Punk one.

Nah, the Samoa Joe ep was better. I would seriously listen to an hour long podcast entitled "Samoa Joe tells crazy stories about Japan".

Or it's sister podcast, "Necro Butcher tells crazy stories about being high".

I just subscribed to this podcast based on this thread and listened to the Punk one first and it was so great. Samoa Joe next for sure.

elevature on
  • Options
    LockedOnTargetLockedOnTarget Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Larry Sweeny is dead. God fucking damn it.

LockedOnTarget on
  • Options
    Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Apparently, he suffered from drug problems and depression, which led to his suicide.

Shit, there goes one of the best modern managers in wrestling today.

Also, don't know if this was talked about, but WWE's Fatal Four Way PPV is now WWE Capitol Punishment. It will be held in D.C. on June 19.

Sweeney Tom on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    that's a shame. it's always a shame but that guy was really entertaining

on morrison, it is sort of bugging me that that shit matters at all to them. I like watching him a lot.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    R.I.P. Sweeney

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhRUkNf6dJY

There will never be a better Texarkana Television Champion.
    Larry Sweeney, generally considered the best manager in pro wrestling before being overcome by drug problems and depression, committed suicide either last night or this morning. He was 29.

Born Alex Whybrow, Sweeney's death is believed to have been from hanging himself.

Whybrow began training as a wrestler under Chris Hero, Mike Quackenbush and Jorge Rivera in 2003, as well as going to Oregon to train under Buddy Rose and Ed Wiskoski and began wrestling in 2004.

He worked for a number of independent promotions but was best known for his role as an agent for Chris Hero, and creation of the heel stable, Sweet and Sour Inc., which at different times included Claudio Castagnoli, Sara Del Rey, Tank Toland, Matt Sydal, Daniel Puder, Adam Pearce, Brent Albright, Shane Hagadorn and Bobby Dempsey in Ring of Honor from 2007 to 2009. He was regularly compared to a young Bobby Heenan during that period, and in both 2007 and 2008 was voted Best Non-Wrestling Peformer in the entire industry in the Observer poll and placed highly both years for Best of Interviews.

But issues with drugs and depression ended his ROH sting in April, 2009, and he spiraled out of control from there, losing contact with many of his closest friends in recent months. He did some wrestling in 2010 using the name Vokoder under a mask with CHIKARA this past year.

He was constantly battling depression throughout his life and his issues seemed to worsen when he was no longer in the spotlight.

"We spent a few years together on the road and Alex was gifted beyond measure," wrote Chris Hero on twitter. "He could enthrall you with colorful stories from his personal life, or he could captivate thousands with his undeniable charisma. I loved him and my heart is with his family, friends and countless fans. First, he was my student and he transcended that almost immiedately. I will forever chrish our in depth conversations and time spent together."

edit:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yH6Z-i_sPt4

FIVE FUCKING STARS

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    KreutzKreutz Blackwater Park, IARegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    elevature wrote: »
    Kreutz wrote: »
    David_T wrote: »
    This is probably the best episode since the Punk one.

Nah, the Samoa Joe ep was better. I would seriously listen to an hour long podcast entitled "Samoa Joe tells crazy stories about Japan".

Or it's sister podcast, "Necro Butcher tells crazy stories about being high".

I just subscribed to this podcast based on this thread and listened to the Punk one first and it was so great. Samoa Joe next for sure.

"Colt Cabana, go get me Jared from Subway."

Kreutz on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Morrison is being a dick about the whole Trish thing on twitter, something something future endevours incoming I bet.
    Quote:
    RT @TheRock: "if you don't have enemies, you don't have character" Paul Newman.

Quote:
    American Airlines is not smart RT @RealMelina: Our bags took over an hour to get to baggage claim.
    -- In reference to Stratus' "I guess he's not smart" statement.

Quote:
    Raw in Bridgeport today- Lookout @HEELZiggler... I got a mean punch, a furious kick, and a cold shoulder!

Cade on
  • Options
    Amikron DevaliaAmikron Devalia I didn't ask for this title. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_HJqGzGGfc

Greatest rapper ever? (Caution: Very dumb)

Amikron Devalia on
  • Options
    noir_bloodnoir_blood Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So I downloaded the demo for WWE ALL Star and was pleasantly surprised. I remember reading comparisons to the old AKI games, and I can definately see what they mean. It's apparently made by some of the folks that did the TNA game, so you have the same nice reversal animations as opposed to the canned ones from Smackdown.

Of course, the downsided is that the slightly simplified gameplay means less moves to do, but the combos that lead to new moves give you more to play with than first glance.

Not a sixty dollar buy(I heard the CAW is pretty simple), but I might pick it up when it goes down in price, and hopefully their will be a more full fledged sequel.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bill Demott is kind of a dick. Maybe he'll go all Bob Holly and then Brock Lesnar will drop him on his neck and future endeavor him.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    ED!ED! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    When the hell are we going to get Evil Cena. . .:( I suppose when the WWE finally gets someone who can actually carry the damn company as well as the young merchandise buyers.

ED! on
    "Get the hell out of me" - [ex]girlfriend
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    It is going to be a long time until we get Evil Cena.

Huh, Morrison came out to interrupt Cena and Orton. Why do I feel this will go badly for him?

Dolph, Morrison, R-Truth, Orton, Vickie, and Cena in the ring. The only people that came up with a good point as to why they should have a title shot over the others have been the heels. Vickie came up with a better reason than most of them by letting them know she pinned Morrison... thats sad.

Lol, iPad product placement.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Vickie almost blowing her cue. Sheesh, if she didn't get the heat she gets and was Guerrero's ex - who knows where she'd be.

And good lord, here comes the King of The Ring or some silly Battle Royal I'm thinking.

ED! on
  • Options
    ChillyWillyChillyWilly Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Sweet. Awesome Kong promo.

ChillyWilly on
    PAFC Top 10 Finisher in Seasons 1 and 3. 2nd in Seasons 4 and 5. Final 4 in Season 6.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    AWESOME KONG! ME WANT!

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Are we going to have a LayCool ripoff with the Bellas in that we have some sort of stupid co-champions shtick?

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is the Tough Enough airing schedule really funky, or does Dish lie? I only saw episode 1 last week, and haven't seen an episode 2 or 3 at all, only seeing 17, 18 and 19.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Woo, an actual Sin Cara match! Someone else post so this isn't just the KurnDerak thread. (Well, on second thought.)

I really do like his trench coat. It is a bit silly but it gives a real super hero feel which is what sells to kids. Also, they need to fix that trampoline thing, unless the goal is for his feet to hit the top ropes.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Episode 2 of TE was on before Raw.

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Bleh, are they showing Tough Enough on-line at all? Messed up recording it last week and didn't see anything about it moving to before Raw.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Are we going to have a LayCool ripoff with the Bellas in that we have some sort of stupid co-champions shtick?

Freebird rules. . .

ED! on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Okay, the Sin Cara chant definately surprised me. I really hope the WWE doesn't screw this up.

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    KurnDerak wrote: »
    Bleh, are they showing Tough Enough on-line at all? Messed up recording it last week and didn't see anything about it moving to before Raw.

I think they're gonna re-run the previous weeks' episodes on USA after Raw, if my guide is any indication. It says episode 1 is on after Raw tonight.

Skittlebrau on
  • Options
    DaMoonRulzDaMoonRulz Mare ImbriumRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Damn you Primo, for botching

DaMoonRulz on
    3basnids3lf9.jpg

• Options
    edited April 2011
    Damn, that move was definately worth the do over

noir_blood on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Poor Primo. His first RAW match in months and he fucks up the finish.

PwnanObrien on
    Mwx884o.jpg
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    My guide is being fail then and showing episode 1 as episode 17. Had to look it up on Wikipedia to make sure it was not that completely out of order.

And apparently I was wrong and did set up DVR for it. How odd.

Edit: You know, that was a very well placed accidental botch, considering how bad losing your balance on the top ropes can go.

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Is this supposed to be Santino's Job Squad?

I want a bite of Team Apple

KurnDerak on
  • Options
    RuinsRuins Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I already love APPLE.

Ruins on
    ach.png