As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Android Apps

ForkesForkes Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
Hey, so I just grabbed my first Android phone, the Samsung Galaxy S Fascinate. It seems pretty cool, but, this being my first non-old Blackberry phone, I am really at a loss.

What apps would you recommend? I only have a gig of data, and I am not sure how much usage that is going to allow me. I have WiFi at home, and will be using it when I am there, and I do not plan on getting e-mails sent to the phone either.

siggy-1.jpg
Forkes on

• Options
    ElinElin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    There's an Android thread over in Moe's with lists of popular and functional apps. Enjoy.

Elin on
    Switch SW-5832-5050-0149
    PSN Hypacia
    Xbox HypaciaMinnow
    Discord Hypacia#0391
  • Options
    RainbulimicRainbulimic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Angry birds
    No LED is quite good if you miss having a notification light.
    Plume for twitter.
    Google sky map is for showing off. pretty much all the official google apps are good.
    Pure calender is a very nice widget to display your calender info on your screen.
    facebook app for facebook.
    Vignette is fantastic for taking photos.
    Arcade by Kongregate if you like their flash games.

Rainbulimic on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    CokebotleCokebotle 穴掘りの 電車内Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Get 3G Watchdog. It will monitor your network usage and tell you how much of your monthly quota you have left so you don't accidentally go over.

Cokebotle on
    工事中
  • Options
    NatheoNatheo Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    2nd on Vignette.

I also recommend powerAmp if you don't care for the default music player. In fact, even if you don't mind the default music player, I'd check it out. It's just so nice.

I also like chrome to phone.

I'm not sure how google voice would play with a limited data plan, but I'd look into utilizing it, checking and sending texts and *reading* voicemails from a pc is really, really nice.

Natheo on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]