As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

DS game - what kind of factory seal should I expect?

DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Help / Advice Forum
I haven't got a DS game in a while so I can't be sure, but I thought I remember them coming in the cellophane style wrap, with the "y-folds" on the top and bottom of the case.

I got a new game today (Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days) from and sold by Amazon.ca, but I haven't opened it yet because it's just in a shrink wrap - which I thought was a bit weird.

Do different games come in different kinds of packaging?

I know what to look for when I open it up re: potential counterfeit or not. I just want to have a good guess going in, first.

Deusfaux on

• DeusfauxDeusfaux Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    new thoughts -

pretty much all the copies I'm seeing for sale on sites with photos like ebay have cellophane wrapped games.

BUT

perhaps this is a Canadian thing, as the slip covers are bi-lingual here, and there would be 2 manuals inside.

maybe the games are opened up, given a new slip and 2nd manual, and then shrink wrapped?

Deusfaux on
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think the wrapping depends on the publisher. I've seen both used for DS games.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • oncelingonceling Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Superstore and Walmart here in Canada always have that cheap shitty shrink wrap. I don't know why. Especially if the game has been on discount.

(I know 100% the Y-folds you are talking about, and tons of discount games that I've bought have not had this when from big-box retailers.)

onceling on