IN STORES NOW
DO NOT TRANSFER YOUR SHINY RAIKOU/SUICUNE/ENTEI TO THE NEW GAMES USING THE REGULAR TRANSFER METHOD
BULBAPEDIA SAYS THAT WILL NOT UNLOCK ZORUA/ZOROARK
you have to talk to some douche in castelia and give the answers "EVERYONE" "HAPPY" "SIMPLE" "CONNECTION"
and then that unlocks the "relocator" on the main menu (like, the Continue/New Game/Mystery Gift menu)
use that to transfer them in
Will your draconian-type hold over the pokemon thread never cease?!
attack: route one. Patrat and Lillipup both give one attack EV
sp atk: celestial tower. Litwick and Elgyem both give one sp atk EV
Speed: Surfing in a ton of different places. Route one works, it ONLY has Basculin. Basculin gives 2 speed EVs
Sp Def: Surfing in route 4 (the desert). Only Frillish. Frillish gives one Sp Def EV
def: The best option I can find it Wellspring Cave, which is 50% Roggenrolas. Roggenrola gives 1 Def EV. There might be a better place somewhere?
hp: Driftveil Drawbridge. Only Duckletts. 1 HP EV per ducklett
No. I am the once and future king of the Pokemon Thread. Also the current king. It's an infinite regency.
The hell goes on in here?
Mostly, we just argue about which pokemon are the best, and Fiz talks about the anime and the rest of us have no idea what's going on, and sometimes dudes post bad fanart on purpose.
Gen 5 is literally here right now, and the SE++ Pokemon League is prepared and awaiting Gym Leaders with completed teams.
Incidentally, which pokemon are the best?
All poison types, Scyther, and Magnezone. The rest rank somewhere below those ones.
What is the newest news?
is a supposedly leaked list of all the English names of the Gen 5 pokemon. It's not a certainty, but there are matchups between this list and what names have been formally released already, so it's likely. Here
is a list of those names matched with pictures and Japanese names. Black and White's animated sprites, for a considerable length of time difficult to find, have been compiled here
for easy reference.
Oh hey, this is new: High quality artwork
, complete with pokedex number and both english and japanese names. Handy.
But wait, I don't know anything about pokemon!
How the hell
do you get off with an attitude like that? If you wish to learn, there are three sources:
, which is pretty much exactly what it sounds like: a pokemon wikipedia. Craploads
of information, and fairly user-friendly.
is another option, and probably a faster one for quick browsing of pokemon, but the guy who runs it seems really kinda weird and I don't think I like him.
. This is a bad place.
It is all about competitiveness and no fun, but in the interests of giving everyone access to information, I have included it. Just let it be known that if you make use of the dark secrets and cookie cutter strategies contained within, I will disapprove.
Why would you disapprove?
Because pokemon is not about winning
. It is about FIGHTING SPIRIT
, a bond between man and animal that does not in any way resemble some kind of horrific violent slavery. Strong pokemon, weak pokemon- these are the flimsy perceptions of people. True pokemon masters try to win with their favorites.
Is that it?
No. Now it is time to discuss
THE SE++ POKEMON LEAGUE CHALLENGE
Yes, that time has begun. We have a mere month until Black and White hit our glorious Western shores, where we have books go the right way round and our vending machines dispense only candy and canned beverages. It is time to stir the hype into a frenzy by opening Gym Leader Registration
What do I need for Gym Leader Registration?
You need to PM me the following:
- The type your Gym will represent.
- A trainer sprite. This need not be a custom job: you can just, say, swipe Giovanni's sprite from HG/SS. If you're real lazy. Just let me know which trainer sprite you want to represent you.
- Your first six pokemon. According to our rules, laid down ages ago, a gym leader can pull any six pokemon of his type from a pool he or she has trained, without warning. These six pokemon are to be the ones you train first, and will be your first available team when the Pokemon League Challenge begins. If you want to host these on your own imagehost, it'd help, but it's not necessary.
- A badge. This is not mandatory, but it helps. Badges look cool. Don't be shy about asking if anyone wants to help you with a badge design; the kind of person who frequents our pokemon threads tends to be suspiciously kind and giving.
- Any other distinguishing information you want to include, like a battle theme.
This information will allow me to produce a stylish formal Gym Leader entry, like those you see below.
Hey, Dichbutt, someone took the gym I wanted! And there are more than eight gym leaders!
And this is a problem how?
There can be more than one gym of each type. We can have more than eight gym leaders. Nothing is stopping us.
If you want to lead a gym, don't let someone else getting there first stop you.
What if I want to make a themed team that isn't all one type?
You sicken me. But if you must play your deviant games, and want to make, say, a Grass/Fire Forest Fire team, the process will be similar: PM me your theme, a trainer sprite, and your six pokemon. However, if you do not use a monotyped team, you cannot offer a badge, and thus are not technically part of the League. But you're there. In the OP. Like the Fighting Dojo in Red/Blue. You remember, that lame place that wasn't really a gym.
SE++ POKEMON RULES
Yes, it is that time. These rules are not set in stone, and will likely be tweaked and modified by the month of Pokemon Online we will be playing before Black and White hit. If you want to change something here, be active, and demonstrate why it is or is not unreasonable: if you like these rules, continue to do nothing.
- Sleep clause is in effect.
- Species clause. Nobody needed to be told this, but now it's in text.
- No evo stone'd chansey, blissey, wynaut, wobbuffet, or garchomp. This rule is a holdover from last year's League, and new conditions in B/W may cause it to be overturned.
- No formal item clause. Yes, this will annoy the shit out of some of you. However, most of those that are annoyed are going to be veteran trainers. Many people we have battling don't really know what to do with pokemon, and so will probably end up putting Leftovers on most of their dudes. This is not a bad thing. They don't know any better. Item clause will not be strictly enforced, but if you're a skilled trainer taking advantage of it, you will
be scorned and you will
be looked down upon and nobody will want to battle you.
- We are going to try
unbanning legendaries of base stat total 580 or below. Yes, I know there are legendaries of base stat total 600, and there are regular pokemon of base stat total 600. Still. All Gen IV and older legendaries- that is to say, pokemon that cannot breed, and not rotom because legendary music plays when you fight him don't pull that smartass shit with me
- below 580 base stats are fair game. For now. In pokemon online. We may reverse this decision. We may reverse it very soon. We're just going to give it a shot. I'll probably regret it. We don't really know what gen 5's legendaries are capable of, so they're still banned. If you want to try them out, and make sure your opponent has ample permission, feel free. This is how we learn.
- Weather is, as of the moment, still acceptable. Drizzle politoed, drought ninetales, both fine. This may be subject to change. Monotype teams have a big problem dealing with weather if it's not their
weather, and this may need to be addressed.
- Don't be a dick
. This is, bar none, the most important rule. View every action you take through the lens of wondering if you are a dick. Are you a dick? Cut that shit out. This is a big league. We do not need you. If nobody wants to battle with you, nobody will battle with you.
Don't be a dick.
silence1186: 2021 9037 2198