As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Going to be downtown boston Thurs Afternoon

That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guyRegistered User regular
edited March 2011 in PAX Archive
I am going to be wondering around downtown Boston from about 2pm for several hours. Will anyone be around that would want to find some fun to get in to?

That_Guy on

• Options
    jugernughtjugernught Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    :winky:You will have to define what you call fun. Downtown Boston is nothing more than skyscrapers and back allies. Unless you are in to history, then there is the Freedom trail and several historic land marks. Winter time in Boston is not a good time.

jugernught on
  • Options
    OmegasquashOmegasquash Boston, MARegistered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    jugernught wrote: »
    :winky:You will have to define what you call fun. Downtown Boston is nothing more than skyscrapers and back allies. Unless you are in to history, then there is the Freedom trail and several historic land marks. Winter time in Boston is not a good time.

What he said. Lots of ways to separate yourself from some cash in Downtown Crossing (particularly in the alley next to State St. Station, good book stores), but that's about it.

Omegasquash on
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'll be meeting Cloudwalker over at Lucky's at 2 to hand off his trading cards and to grab a beer. You're welcome to join us. I need to leave about 3:30 to go pick my friend up from the airport, but will be hanging around until then. If you're planning on hitting the Xbox event in the morning, this is a good way to fix the location in your mental map of Boston . . .

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    Fetch26291Fetch26291 MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Lucky's is a good place. Just remember there is NO sign on the building.

Corner of Congress & A St.
    Just a short walk from the Boston Children's Museum (if you require a more well-known landmark)

Fetch26291 on
  • Options
    That_GuyThat_Guy I don't wanna be that guy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Khadour wrote: »
    I'll be meeting Cloudwalker over at Lucky's at 2 to hand off his trading cards and to grab a beer. You're welcome to join us. I need to leave about 3:30 to go pick my friend up from the airport, but will be hanging around until then. If you're planning on hitting the Xbox event in the morning, this is a good way to fix the location in your mental map of Boston . . .

I will see you there. Sounds like some fun could be had. The only time I have ever been to Boston was when I was, like 12, so this will be something new for me.

I am not getting picked up until late that night, so I will need stuff to do.

That_Guy on
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That_Guy wrote: »
    I will see you there. Sounds like some fun could be had. The only time I have ever been to Boston was when I was, like 12, so this will be something new for me.

I am not getting picked up until late that night, so I will need stuff to do.
    Cool - PM me for cell # if you want it, in case you have problems finding Lucky's.

Khadour on
    Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If my coins get here in time, I'll be meeting Cloudwalker there too to drop his off.

slamonella on
    Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    Certain.shade.of.greenCertain.shade.of.green Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Before the crawl or any of that madness me and a group of about 6 friends are grabbin something to eat in the area. Let me know if you want to join us!

Certain.shade.of.green on