As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The Day After International Women's [Chat]

• RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    The Cat wrote: »
    I'm really not sure what to make of that. We have stylised swirly ladies, or couples. Plain packaging, not so much...

Then how do you know how much shame to feel? You are buying condoms to have sex. Sex with no chance of babies. Possibly out of wedlock. That is double-hell right there. The cashier is judging you for practising safe sex.

You can double the shame right there if you convince yourself that, instead of buying the condoms, you're bribing the cashier to look the other way while you steal them.

RMS Oceanic on
  • ElldrenElldren Is a woman dammit ceterum censeoRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    But Joe Sixpack who chugs Yaegermeisters and has four popper collars might like it more. I dunno.

Oh my God Dragon Age thread

hahaha wat

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Jesus, a cleaner managed to stab himself because they were cleaning inside an active lab. The email that has gone round is about tidying up properly, that is missing the point somewhat. You need to be aware of active labs and not go into places you don't work unsupervised. Labs are cleaned by the groups who use them, not the cleaning staff, because it's dangerous work if you don't know what each and every bits of kit in there is doing.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
    edited March 2011
    So PS3s are being rounded up in the Netherlands?

why?

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
  • WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Elldren wrote: »

why?

Fight between Sony and LG.

WMain00 on
    edited March 2011

why?

LG got a court order as part of their Blu-Ray patent infringement legal battle with Sony.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    First they came for the PS3s and I did nothing

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hey Dell, thanks for not testing the ability of the Studio 17 laptop case when you made it to see if the fucking hinges from the Studio 15 could handle the bigger screen, ya dicks.

FFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffffffff

I will require new computage soon.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I've had a pretty damn bad experience with laptops so fuck that shit I'm going back to desktops y0.

Kagera on
    My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
    edited March 2011
    Your avatar is appropiate for what you're writing. :P

WMain00 on
  • RentRent I'm always right Fuckin' deal with itRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    okay cass i let that guy know how us bros feel about him using such hateful speech in the dragon age thread, we cool now

Rent on
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    South host wrote: »
    Passerbye wrote: »
    There are women on condom boxes?

Where?

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out!

Well, hop to it. I hereby relieve you of stalking duties and promise to reserve your job until you discover the land where women are shown on boxes of condoms.

Well, Cat mentioned them, so...Australia?

wh...what do you people put on the boxes? Dare I ask?

Usually Greek warriors. Maybe a plain text logo.

I'm really not sure what to make of that. We have stylised swirly ladies, or couples. Plain packaging, not so much...

Call it our puritanism. Normally I shake my head at it but I'm kinda okay with it here. It's a condom. If I need the box to give me an erection then I'd be wondering if I was getting the whole sex thing completely wrong. And it's nice to see an aspect of marketing that actually has people avoiding sexualization.

Thomamelas on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    But Joe Sixpack who chugs Yaegermeisters and has four popper collars might like it more. I dunno.

Oh my God Dragon Age thread

just as an fyi, guys, please report any retardation, thickitude, flop-butt or general dickery you see in that thread to the mods. I've heard the DA threads on other fora have gotten pretty out of control and I'm sure Echo and duck would appreciate help in keeping a lid on that thing.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I really should sleep.

Thomamelas on
  • Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Wow, Rhinolove might be the worst pokemon name of this generation.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2011
    i'm just super confused how anyone could honestly think dragon age is appealing to the stereotypical 'bro'

having been around bros for very, very long periods (and would consider myself one of them in some ways although my video game tastes are generally opposite), bros prefer very twitch based, visceral games with high violence in them. and guns, lots and lots of guns

and generally these games have some sort of local multiplayer to foster the sense of camraderie bros have

so a single player rpg, even if its an action-rpg, is like the opposite of what bros like. in general anyways

Rent on
  • JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    I'd be interested in seeing if I can't translate to 3e M&M. If it goes well I might be able to convince jake to translate his game to the system.

I would be totally up for this btw - the only reason I didn't start with 3e was that I was still unfamiliar with it. Now that I've had some quality time with the book I really, really, really dig it.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited March 2011
    My Sister repeated one of her GCSE Module Papers and only got the same grade in it. She's really disappointed. :(

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011

Pachydermophilophobe!

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011
    Rent wrote: »
    i'm just super confused how anyone could honestly think dragon age is appealing to the stereotypical 'bro'

if they don't know anything about dragon age and/or bros.

it's just whiny, inarticulate maladapts deciding that if they don't like the game, it must be because it was made for the benefit of a group of people they also don't like, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    As a [strike]gamer[/strike] bro

Leitner on
    edited March 2011
    jacobkosh wrote: »

if they don't know anything about dragon age and/or bros.

it's just whiny, inarticulate maladapts deciding that if they don't like the game, it must be because it was made for the benefit of a group of people they also don't like, even if it makes absolutely no sense.

Common among any group that goes into detail about one type of media or another. The Film thread is loaded with examples of it, the book thread gets it, the Fox Animation thread is a retched hive of scum and villainy of it and so on. In fact the only media thread I can think of that doesn't do it is the Castle one. It's an odd duck.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

That's just the silly french name.

It's a swoobat

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    I haven't really seen that in the book thread at all, honestly.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
    edited March 2011

that's french only

Rent on
    edited March 2011

that's french only

I know. It's still a terrible name.

Mojo_Jojo on
    edited March 2011

Discussion of general fantasy novels. Some series can get away with it, but I dare you to write a post saying R.A. Salvatore is okay. Which is a shame because he's a nice guy who knows he isn't a literary master and just wants to take care of his family.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011

that's french only

I know. It's still a terrible name.

And you're still a Pachydermophilophobe. :P

RMS Oceanic on
    edited March 2011
    ココロモリ

Elldren on
    fuck gendered marketing
    edited March 2011
    Nooooooo, there was a compulsory touch screen moment and I'd not saved all morning. Bah. I think this marks the end of my pokeventures. Also, I should do some work.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • The CatThe Cat Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    There are women on condom boxes?

Where?

That's exactly what I'm trying to find out!

Well, hop to it. I hereby relieve you of stalking duties and promise to reserve your job until you discover the land where women are shown on boxes of condoms.

Well, Cat mentioned them, so...Australia?

wh...what do you people put on the boxes? Dare I ask?

Usually Greek warriors. Maybe a plain text logo.

Call it our puritanism. Normally I shake my head at it but I'm kinda okay with it here. It's a condom. If I need the box to give me an erection then I'd be wondering if I was getting the whole sex thing completely wrong. And it's nice to see an aspect of marketing that actually has people avoiding sexualization.
    Yeah I'm not saying its bad - in fact i suspect that over here it signifies a rather less than sophisticated approach to sex :P

The Cat on
    tmsig.jpg
    edited March 2011

Discussion of general fantasy novels. Some series can get away with it, but I dare you to write a post saying R.A. Salvatore is okay. Which is a shame because he's a nice guy who knows he isn't a literary master and just wants to take care of his family.

I don't think anyone says RA Salvatore books are for bad people - I've seen people say they're bad books, which is altogether different.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • Apothe0sisApothe0sis Have you ever questioned the nature of your reality? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    thai sweet chilli cashew peanut mix is thusfar the best nut mix.

Apothe0sis on
    edited March 2011
    I'm glad cass enjoyed my post

DID IT FOR YOU DOGS
    '
    DID IT FOR YOU

Rent on
    edited March 2011
    ココロモリ

それはどういう意味ですか?

WMain00 on
    edited March 2011

I don't think anyone says RA Salvatore books are for bad people - I've seen people say they're bad books, which is altogether different.

It's not a daily thing but yeah there have been a couple times. An example:
    My pristine, unblemished, glossy trade paperback copy of Blade of Tyshalle is sitting atop the printer on my desk right now. It has a Chapters sticker on the front, advertising, in French and English, "Prix Reg./Orig. Price $24.00 SEULEMENT ONLY $6.99." Below that is a second price tag, a standard bright orange gun-applied one, marked "$3.99+tx". The stickers would be easy to remove, but I've chosen to leave them on for the unique combination of happiness and rage I feel whenever I look at them. Happiness, because it's such a fantastic book, and paying $4 new for it was an absolute steal; rage, because goddamnit you emo Twilight-reading motherfuckers, you chubby grasping adolescent Sword of Truth fans, you mindless consumers of R.A. Salvatore and the fucking Halo novelizations, your terrible fucking taste in literature pumps money into the gaping maws of millionaire Mormon housewives and college dropouts with a hardon for Objectivism, while guys like this - seriously, read that interview - can't even get their work republished because there's not enough perceived demand to justify a 5000 copy print run.

Thomamelas on
    edited March 2011
    yeah, that was pretty OTT.

Jacobkosh on
    rRwz9.gif
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    jacob, what do you think of DA so far

which class are you

Nerdgasmic on
  • PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    oh god i have two romance options in DA2 and thus far

i am having a hard time picking!

oh well, i'll just flirt with both of them until they inevitably make me choose between them

Pony on
  • NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    is bioware romance still as embarrassing as ever

I couldn't handle the flirting aveline did with that guard you save

Nerdgasmic on
This discussion has been closed.