As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

The Day After International Women's [Chat]

• Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    jacobkosh wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that you're stressing out, Thom. I hope things work out okay for you.

A friend of mine took his own life two days ago. I found out earlier tonight. He was one of the guys I do group with and I understand why he did it. Just have to go through the steps.

D:

Lots of hugs. I hope you get through stuff ok.

BobCesca on
  • Options
    BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Jesus. Sincere condolences, Thom. I'll keep a good thought for you.

Obviously the impact of trolls has to be taken into account, but do games usually get wildly negative scores on the user review side of metacritic? Dragon Age II gets practically unanimous thumbs up from critics and wildy negative reviews from users.

Bogart on
  • Options
    CouscousCouscous Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gah. I hate vague as hell instructions on assignments.

Couscous on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    BobCesca wrote: »
    I'm sorry to hear that you're stressing out, Thom. I hope things work out okay for you.

A friend of mine took his own life two days ago. I found out earlier tonight. He was one of the guys I do group with and I understand why he did it. Just have to go through the steps.

D:

I'll be fine. It's not my first time with this rodeo. I know the grieving steps and I have a support structure. I feel bad for his kids. I understand why, but I'm not sure they will.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Organichu wrote: »
    so my train doesn't have wi-fi but we're stopped in ny penn station and the train on the next track does so i have a few minutes of internet :P

yoooo

I'm up early because I went to bed early. but also excitement.

safe trip

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Variable wrote: »
    so my train doesn't have wi-fi but we're stopped in ny penn station and the train on the next track does so i have a few minutes of internet :P

yoooo

safe trip

woooooooooo

gotta pack pack pack

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    OrganichuOrganichu poops peesRegistered User, Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    ok train is moving

i'll lose internet in a few seconds

ilu guys, bai!

Organichu on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

yoooo

safe trip

woooooooooo

gotta pack pack pack

I have to go buy a car so we have something to drive

Variable on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

yoooo

safe trip

woooooooooo

gotta pack pack pack

oh!

make sure it has wheels

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

yoooo

safe trip

woooooooooo

gotta pack pack pack

oh!

make sure it has wheels

one on the inside 4 on the outside right

Variable on
  • Options
    WMain00WMain00 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bogart wrote: »

Obviously the impact of trolls has to be taken into account, but do games usually get wildly negative scores on the user review side of metacritic? Dragon Age II gets practically unanimous thumbs up from critics and wildy negative reviews from users.

People are both tolling and or being total morons in relation to da2. It's a sort of mix. Those who are whining that its no longer a crpg need to get with the times.

Frankly though I think its mostly tolling for the sake of.

WMain00 on
  • Options
    electricitylikesmeelectricitylikesme Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Buy an old school SUV where the gas tank explodes when it rolls over.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    BobCescaBobCesca Is a girl Birmingham, UKRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

D:

I'll be fine. It's not my first time with this rodeo. I know the grieving steps and I have a support structure. I feel bad for his kids. I understand why, but I'm not sure they will.

Still, many, many hugs (unless your not a hugging person, then there will be the nod of condolence and maybe a quick shoulder touch).

BobCesca on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I need a favour. Can someone not on a Work Filter please follow this link and see what it says? From the context I plucked it from, it implied a GTA San Andreas remake for the PS3 coming out this year.

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    HerrCronHerrCron It that wickedly supports taxation Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    WMain00 wrote: »

People are both tolling and or being total morons in relation to da2. It's a sort of mix. Those who are whining that its no longer a crpg need to get with the times.

Frankly though I think its mostly tolling for the sake of.

Most of the whine I've heard has been from people i know who were looking to play the game on the PC and have judged this game to be "dumbed down for the consoletards"

It's something some people seem to have a massive complex about and i can't wrap my head around it for the life of me.

HerrCron on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I need a favour. Can someone not on a Work Filter please follow this link and see what it says? From the context I plucked it from, it implied a GTA San Andreas remake for the PS3 coming out this year.
    A casting list that's being linked to Take Two suggests that GTA V could be set in Los Angeles, or Los Santos as it's known within Rockstar's fictional universe.

Internet sleuth Superannuation has once again been doing the digging, unearthing a full and detailed casting list for a project known as Rush. It's not uncommon for games to carry codenames that bear little relation to their final titles – GTA IV was at one point in production simply known as Frozen.

The casting list details characters that would fit within Rockstar's heavily satirical worldview, with 'weed evangelists', 'neurotic soccer moms' and 'Armenian car dealers' all in the post on The Agency.

Rumours that GTA V would be set in Hollywood first started circulating last year, and Rush's cast of stoners and Californian divorcees would appear to back up that claim.

Los Santos made a starring appearance in GTA: San Andreas, a game that's held up as a series highlight. We've already had our say on what we'd like to see in Grand Theft Auto IV – what would you like to see feature?

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011

yoooo

safe trip

woooooooooo

gotta pack pack pack

oh!

make sure it has wheels

one on the inside 4 on the outside right

yes!

and seats

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    yes!

and seats

oh shit

Variable on
  • Options
    RMS OceanicRMS Oceanic Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mojo_Jojo wrote: »
    A casting list that's being linked to Take Two suggests that GTA V could be set in Los Angeles, or Los Santos as it's known within Rockstar's fictional universe.

Internet sleuth Superannuation has once again been doing the digging, unearthing a full and detailed casting list for a project known as Rush. It's not uncommon for games to carry codenames that bear little relation to their final titles – GTA IV was at one point in production simply known as Frozen.

The casting list details characters that would fit within Rockstar's heavily satirical worldview, with 'weed evangelists', 'neurotic soccer moms' and 'Armenian car dealers' all in the post on The Agency.

Rumours that GTA V would be set in Hollywood first started circulating last year, and Rush's cast of stoners and Californian divorcees would appear to back up that claim.

Los Santos made a starring appearance in GTA: San Andreas, a game that's held up as a series highlight. We've already had our say on what we'd like to see in Grand Theft Auto IV – what would you like to see feature?

Looks like I got trolled by a WikiVandal. :(

RMS Oceanic on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011

Something about Dragon Age just really seems to intensely polarize people. I distinctly remember all sorts of insane hyperbole, verging on stuff I would want to call the cops about, here on PA simply because a trailer for the first game had a Marilyn Manson song in it.

In my own personal experience, literally all my male friends in my immediate social sphere, and a couple of the girls, have bought the game and have been texting me nothing but effusive praise all week.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited March 2011
    Jesus Harold Ramis Christ.

I mentioned Rift on Twitter. I'm fucking drowning in reply spam!

Echo on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Blood oranges for the citrus god.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    edited March 2011
    Safe trip, guys

Don't pick up strangers

Make regular bathroom stops

Stay out of the wet

Nerdgasmic on
  • Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

D:

Still, many, many hugs (unless your not a hugging person, then there will be the nod of condolence and maybe a quick shoulder touch).

Thank you.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You know who's awesome? Michael Shanks.

He should be in more things. Being awesome.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

He's filled out a bit in the last few years, I worry about him.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011

He's filled out a bit in the last few years, I worry about him.

That's true. Same thing's happened to Richard Dean Anderson.

electricitylikesme on
  • Options
    YamiNoSenshiYamiNoSenshi A point called Z In the complex planeRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I know what you're wondering: Can you beat a map of enemies in Dragon age II using only one foot to manipulate the controller? The answer is a resounding yes

YamiNoSenshi on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Something about Dragon Age just really seems to intensely polarize people.

So it seems. Most of the negative user reviews award a 0 out of 10, and claim it is the single worst game of all time. A reprehensible betrayal of PC gamers on a par with that of Benedict Arnold in the Revolutionary War seems to be another common thread.

Bogart on
  • Options
    JacobkoshJacobkosh Gamble a stamp. I can show you how to be a real man!Moderator mod
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, good luck with everything, Thom. I read back and saw that you will be doing the eulogy? That is a rough job but I know you'll acquit yourself well.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like that games can be betrayals.

Dragon Age! I trusted you!

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Good morning. Sorry to hear that, Thom. I'm sending you ehugs and they're much closer than usual.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Something about Dragon Age just really seems to intensely polarize people.

So it seems. Most of the negative user reviews award a 0 out of 10, and claim it is the single worst game of all time. A reprehensible betrayal of PC gamers on a par with that of Benedict Arnold in the Revolutionary War seems to be another common thread.

Exactly. We would look askance at anyone claiming that a game was the Best of All Time two days after it came out, but the internet seems to lend a weird credibility to lunatics as long as they're sufficiently bilious.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Wow, Starbucks have got ads all over The Guardian today. Big ones that actually shove content around.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I like that games can be betrayals.

Dragon Age! I trusted you!

:lol:

also, thank you for reminding me of what has to be one of my top five, possibly even top three, PA strips of all time.

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I guess my copy of DA2 is lonely, cold and frightened at home.

Edit: Also, there's a beluga whale singing outside the hotel.

Wait... it might have been a truck.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    I guess my copy of DA2 is lonely, cold and frightened at home.

You'll have plenty of exciting adventures to tell it about when you get back, though!

Jacobkosh on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Right, time to take a big handful of excitingly named French headache drugs, make a coffee and bang out some diagrams.

Mojo_Jojo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Yeah, good luck with everything, Thom. I read back and saw that you will be doing the eulogy? That is a rough job but I know you'll acquit yourself well.

Yes, and I'm not looking forward to it.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    In summary, I guess now I'm just offended by this game. And your company.

I love this kind of thing.

Bogart on
This discussion has been closed.