As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Mass Effect: Garrus, Liara, Kaiden and Colonel Sanders in ME3

1565758596062»

• Options
    DarisDaris Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kaiden a weenie? Wow, that's pretty far off. His entire outer persona is based around "I'm a soldier, I need to keep my shit squared away and my biotics charged." You only get to know about him as a person after Shepard pushes.

Kaiden is a soldier, and he lets you know it. A biotic super soldier. That may or may not sit with you, but the alternative is Ashely. ASH!

Daris on
  • Options
    NuzakNuzak Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    -Tal wrote: »
    seriously Kaidan looks like a motherfucker

he actually outclasses Shepard in that shot

it looks like his hair is no longer a black metroid and is now separated into strands at the front

that's like 90% of my ambivalence gone right there
    wow they update the look of ash and kaiden and i'm reassessing my feelings on them. am i that shallow

Nuzak on
  • Options
    Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    His voice carries memories of Carth

it's hard not to have Carths personality imprint on him

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Meh...I never had a problem with Ash or Kaiden...

That being said...They really did give them the face update(just like Liara got in LotSB)

Hell...Udina is probably going to be Fabio when they show him.

Edit: Fuck these busy servers! Fuck them!

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Mass Effect 3: Sexy people doing sexy things

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Ad astraAd astra Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm loving the updated looks for the both of them... especially Ashley's:winky:

And, I propose the next thread be titled either "Bioware:Making our dreams come true." or "Do fear the Reapers."

Ad astra on
  • Options
    chiasaur11chiasaur11 Never doubt a raccoon. Do you think it's trademarked?Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Dox the PI wrote: »

My memories for the voice were of Scorch, the lovably wisecracking demolitions expert.

Still didn't like Kaiden.

And Spoit?

You did get to concede that Cerberus was scum. You couldn't quit, which sucked, but you could at least say "Hey, whoa. Only in it for this one gig, I agree, they're shitty."

chiasaur11 on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ad astra wrote: »
    I'm loving the updated looks for the both of them... especially Ashley's:winky:

And, I propose the next thread be titled "Bioware:Making our dreams come true." or "Do fear the Reapers."

I got the new title sorted out :P

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    Johnny ChopsockyJohnny Chopsocky Scootaloo! We have to cook! Grillin' HaysenburgersRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    ME3 Kaiden looks kinda like Lou Diamond Phillips... IN SPAAAAAAAACE

Johnny Chopsocky on
    ygPIJ.gif
    Steam ID XBL: JohnnyChopsocky PSN:Stud_Beefpile WiiU:JohnnyChopsocky
  • Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    chiasaur11 wrote: »
    Dox the PI wrote: »

My memories for the voice were of Scorch, the lovably wisecracking demolitions expert.

Still didn't like Kaiden.

And Spoit?

You did get to concede that Cerberus was scum. You couldn't quit, which sucked, but you could at least say "Hey, whoa. Only in it for this one gig, I agree, they're shitty."

When was that? Not horizon, where you can barely get an word in edgewise. And sure as hell not in LotSB, where everything that spectre says about cerberus is 100% true.

Spoit on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Who cares, in ME3 Tim will reveal himself as the reaper agent he is. I'm sure we'll get a lot of that, finally finding out who's been helping the reapers and why. I'll enjoy killing him. I'm sure we all will.

Daris on
  • Options
    DragkoniasDragkonias That Guy Who Does Stuff You Know, There. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Meh...TIM having been a Reaper agent all along would make no sense with everything he did between ME2 to ME3.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    BasilBasil Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Shepard was indoctrinated by the Protheans to fight the Reapers.

Heyoooo

Basil on
    9KmX8eN.jpg
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    TIM is smart enough to not get in Shepard's way. Something is going on at Cerberus, I strongly doubt they want to kill the one person who can stop the reapers because "grr you blew up my base". After Retribution, Cerberus may be in different hands or indoctrinated, while TIM is doing his own thing.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Nuzak wrote: »
    -Tal wrote: »
    seriously Kaidan looks like a motherfucker

he actually outclasses Shepard in that shot

it looks like his hair is no longer a black metroid and is now separated into strands at the front

that's like 90% of my ambivalence gone right there
    wow they update the look of ash and kaiden and i'm reassessing my feelings on them. am i that shallow

yes you are

while I always considered Kaidan gorgeous and thought Ashley would be pretty cute if she let her hair down 8-)

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I do find it amusing now that space hitler and bland mcwhite guy are suddenly popular again because of their redesign.

It's nice for Ashley and Kaidan fans to be rewarded for their patience, otherwise they'd still be stuck under a bus.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Hey! Kaidan is half-asian!

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm pretty sure the next book will probably explain why Cerberus wants you all dead(since TIM is probably prominent in it, being on the cover and all).

Damn you, Bioware, and your marketing schemes.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I do find it amusing now that space hitler and bland mcwhite guy are suddenly popular again because of their redesign.

It's nice for Ashley and Kaidan fans to be rewarded for their patience, otherwise they'd still be stuck under a bus.

Is it that surprising?

Tali is one of the more racist members of your group(or machinist...whatever), yet she's just so cuuutttee!

Or whatever.

Dragkonias on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Gillian would be an awesome squadmate. Sure, she's like 16 by generous estimates, but Tali.

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I always thought Ashley was cute, anyway. I also never thought she was being racist so much as realist.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dragkonias wrote: »

Is it that surprising?

Tali is one of the more racist members of your group(or machinist...whatever), yet she's just so cuuutttee!

Or whatever.

It's not racist if it's a robot

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    manwiththemachinegunmanwiththemachinegun METAL GEAR?! Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Yes but he's voiced by Carth. That equals automatic whitebread.

manwiththemachinegun on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    OptimusZed wrote: »
    I always thought Ashley was cute, anyway. I also never thought she was being racist so much as realist.

Though I'm not sure about the apparent boob job they've given her, it's seems like they've tried to turn her into Ashely Lawson.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    SoundsPlushSoundsPlush yup, back. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Kaiden's looking very paladin-y in that shot.

Uuuuggghh after reading that bit about longer skill trees and actual weapon mods and returning squadmates and reapers and Earth I can't believe Bioware is making us endure half a year more of this waiting.

SoundsPlush on
    s7Imn5J.png
  • Options
    OptimusZedOptimusZed Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I wonder if Kaiden is going to be an ME2-style Sentinel.

That's basically a space paladin.

OptimusZed on
    We're reading Rifts. You should too. You know you want to. Now With Ninjas!

They tried to bury us. They didn't know that we were seeds. 2018 Midterms. Get your shit together.
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Just wait until they unleash the trailers. Oh god the trailers!

Daris on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    SentinelShep is going to be ridiculously versatile now that she has access to ARs and shotguns from the beginning

Kaidan will probably follow Miranda's lead, unless they want to make him as broken as he was in ME1

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Dox the PI on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    I'm not sure if I should do a media-blackout after this Gameinformer or not. I don't want to be spoiled, but at the same time, I don't think I can resist learning about all the awesome things that are going to be in ME3.

Ad astra on
  • Options
    edited April 2011
    Ad astra wrote: »
    I'm not sure if I should do a media-blackout after this Gameinformer or not. I don't want to be spoiled, but at the same time, I don't think I can resist learning about all the awesome things that are going to be in ME3.

Bioware said they're going to try and not spoil the game as much this time.

Dox the PI on
  • Options
    TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I eagerly await the post-release terrible fanfiction and fanart.

TrippyJing on
    b1ehrMM.gif
  • Options
    LowlanderLowlander Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lowlander wrote: »
    The problem I think with the whole suicide mission as the end of Act 2, is that it paints Bioware into a corner. If they're going to allow you to import your save, that means that any one of the team members could be dead. The problem is I can't see them spending significant resources on a character that many players might not even be able to interract with. I suppose they could get around this with the 'canon' ending being that everyone lives.

I think they'e going to have to focus much less on people's personal stories (at least the ones that could have died), and more on the main storyline. I suppose they could have full on sidequests for people that could not have died (Liara, Ashley, Kaiden, etc.) and just on ship interactions with the others. I just have a hard time believing that they're going to spend months of development on characters that might not even be there.

shepard could die in ME2 therefore shepard's not going to be in ME3

after all why would they spend resources on someone who's DEAD, right?
    bioware is cerberus

Hopefully you were being sarcastic =), since you know, you don't actually get an exportable save if Shepard dies. I'll assume you were being sarcastic though. Bioware only allows you to survive if THEY kill you without you having any say-so.

Lowlander on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    AegeriAegeri Tiny wee bacteriums Plateau of LengRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Well for lack of anything better to do and because I really wanted to play some Mass Effect I just did a failshep run with this stunningly beautiful character:
    o3VV5h.jpg

Finished it in 4 and a half hours and succeeded in losing everyone.
    It was fun.

Jesus Christ, what did you do to his face to make him LOOK like that? Is then even a "Run the face through a blender" option?

Aegeri on
    The Roleplayer's Guild: My blog for roleplaying games, advice and adventuring.