As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• Options
    PiotyrPiotyr Power-Crazed Wizard SilmariaRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011

Let's get the QFG3 party started...

Magic User 29 - One Bangin' Gift

(When we last left our "hero"...)

q2r7sultan45.png

qfg2hero.gifSo, things are pretty awesome. Except this outfit. Why didn't anyone tell me I was wearing pink and bright blue?!

qg3hero.pngAhh, much better. Now, what of the next adventure?

q3a1start0.png

qg3hero.pngWar, huh? Sounds like a good time. I'd better study up.

q3a1start1.png

qg3hero.pngIf I'm going to be warring up this shit, I'm going to need as much luck as anything can handle.

q3a1start2.png

qg3hero.pngOk, where to?

q2aziza.pngJim, there's something I need to speak to you about...

qg3hero.pngHey, Zizzy. Is it war? Because the title screen promised war.

q3a2aziza1.png

qg3hero.pngRakeesh? He's going to whine about a bum ankle and do nothing, his specialty!

q2aziza.pngAs you know, three months ago in Raseir, the evil Ad Avis attempted to unleash the djinni Iblis in order to rule the world...

qg3hero.pngI was there, you know. But let's hear you tell it, and see if you get any of the details I told you wrong.

q3a3adavis1.png

q2aziza.pngAd Avis stood before his hexagram, preparing to unleash the foul Iblis to do his bidding.

qg3hero.pngLook, this is all wrong. The brazier is on the wrong side, and you completely left the giant stone golem out of the story!

q3a3adavis3.png

qg3hero.pngThat is exactly what he said, though.

q2aziza.pngYou entered the room and broke the Seal of Suleiman by moving the candle.

q3a3adavis4.png

qg3hero.pngBy magically Fetching the candle, you mean.

q3adavis.pngYou idiot! You have destroyed my spell. Now you shall be destroyed!

q2aziza.pngYour spell of Reversal protected you from his spells.

qg3hero.pngNo, no, no, no, no! You forgot completely about the shape changing spell, and left Khaveen completely out of it! You're terrible at storytelling!

q2aziza.pngUnfortunately, Ad Avis also had a spell to reflect spells.

qg3hero.pngWell, that part is true. Your story telling is about half accurate so far, so for all I know, that story you told me about Julanar is in fact about a male thief called Hamburglar instead of a female healer.

q3a3adavis11.png

q2aziza.pngYou bounced your spell off the wall and into the flaming brazier, knocking Ad Avis to his doom below.

q3adavis.pngNo, no! Master, help me!

qg3hero.pngThat was actually pretty accurate, yes. Good on you, Zizzy.

q3a4aziza1.png

qg3hero.pngIt could? I mean, yeah, I totally felt that.

q2aziza.pngStill, there is some mystery concerning the death of Ad Avis.

q3a4aziza3.png

q2aziza.pngIt is very disturbing that the body of Ad Avis could not be found. Even with all my magic, I cannot determine who - or what - removed the body or what became of it afterwards.

qg3hero.pngUhh, it burned? You know, fire? It turned me to ashes at least a few times to this point, it could certainly do the same to him.

q2aziza.pngI believe the unbinding of Ad Avis's power could well have other, darker results.

qg3hero.pngWhat, is there another powerful, evil wizard to measure up against?

q2aziza.pngRakeesh now desires to return to his home in Tarna. Last night, I received this message from the Sorceress Kreesha in Tarna:

q3a4aziza9.png

qg3hero.pngAhh, war. What is it good for? Keeping Jim from dying of boredom.

q2aziza.pngIn three days, a magical portal will open in Shapeir to take Rakeesh back to Tarna. I suggest that if you, Prince of Shapeir, wish to truly be a hero, you accompany Rakeesh.

qg3hero.pngWasn't there something I wanted to do in Tarna anyway?

To-Do:
    - Go to Tarna one day, track down that Demon-wizard, and kick his ass just because he's there
    - Find tree-loving hippie that could free Julanar with true love
    - One day, long in the future, track down this Dark Master that even the Wizards of WIT are scared of, because that guy sounds really bad ass.

qg3hero.pngOf course! The Demon-Wizard that injured Rakeesh and gave him a lifetime of excuses to do absolutely nothing. Wasn't it banished, though?

q2aziza.pngIf there is indeed a Demon, it is probable it was released into this world by the death of Ad Avis. You must stop it and send it back to its own world.

qg3hero.pngDoes killing it send it back to its own world? Now I have to kill three days doing nothing. I wish the narrator would just speed things up a bit.

q3a5sultan1.png

qg3hero.pngAtta boy!

q3a5sultan2.png

qg3hero.pngIt's cool...uh...dad. This place was getting pretty lame anyway what with all the evil and danger dealt with.

q3sultan.pngRakeesh, you were a great aid to me, and I sorrow to see you return to Tarna.

q3a5sultan4.png

qg3hero.png*cough* By sitting on your ass *cough*

q3sultan.pngUhura, Warrior of the Simbani, you have been a most excellent Guild Master for the Adventurer's Guild, and a gifted instructor of combat.

qg3hero.pngAnd an irrational hater of magic, don't forget.

q3sultan.pngThank you for your services to Shapeir.

q3a5sultan6.png

q3sultan.pngMy son, it breaks my heart to see you leave. You will always have a home here in Shapeir.

q3a5sultan9.png

qg3hero.pngAww, Keap. At least someone appreciates a wizard around here. Thanks for not being mad about that purse stealing thing.

q3a5sultan10.png

q3rakeesh.pngSultan, the magical portal to Tarna appears.

q3a5sultan11.png

q3sultan.pngFarewell, all of you. May you find the peace you seek.

qg3hero.pngOr the war.

q3a5sultan14.png

qg3hero.pngI wonder what kind of place Tarna is, exactly.

q3a6tarna.png

qg3hero.pngDefinitely a Egyptian Southern feel.

q3a7kreesha1.png
    q3a7kreesha4.png

q3rakeesh.pngIt is good to see you again, Kreesha.

q3a7kreesha6.png

q3rakeesh.pngKreesha, you have met Uhura of the Simbani village before. This is her son, Simba.

qg3hero.pngWhy do I have the sudden urge to sing "Circle of Life"?

(Protip: QFG3 came out two years before The Lion King. However, "Simba" is Swahili for "Lion" and "Uhura" means "Freedom".)

q3kreesha.pngHabari, Warrior. It is good to see you again, Uhura. That son of yours looks like a strong and healthy young cub.

q3uhura.pngMzuri, Kreesha. Thank you for helping me to return. Simba and I need to be getting back to my people, kwa herini.

q3kreesha.pngKwa heri, Warrior Uhura.

qg3hero.pngQuaff herring, wizard hater Uhura.

q3rakeesh.pngFarewell, Uhura.

q3a7kreesha12.png

q3kreesha.pngI am most honored to meet you, Prince of Shapeir. I can sense that you are also skilled with magic.

qg3hero.pngBonafide wizard, actually. Killed another one, too. Kind of why we're here, really.

q3a7kreesha15.png

qg3hero.pngEvery fucking time! Everyone's always afraid of the power.

q3kreesha.pngThe enchantress Aziza spoke to me of Ad Avis. You must indeed be a hero to defeat such a wicked Wizard.

qg3hero.pngWell, I'm stuck here now at least. Let's get cracking (and burning). Where's this and where's the war?

q3rakeesh.pngThis city and the land around it is called Tarna. It is ruled by my people, the Liontaurs. I hope that you can have the chance to appreciate the beauty of this place.

qg3hero.pngWhere'd Freedom-Lion go?

q3rakeesh.pngWe will see Uhura and Simba again in a few days. For we will journey together to her village to talk with her people about the war between the Simbani and the Leopardmen.

qg3hero.pngWar? Just point me in the right direction.

q3rakeesh.pngThe Simbani village is about a day's journey from here.

qg3hero.pngIf they're anything like Uhura, they're magic haters. What about those other things?

q3rakeesh.pngAll I know of the Leopardmen is that they are a tribe of shape changers who dwell in the jungle. The shape changers are humans who take on aspects of an animal through magic.

qg3hero.pngNow that sounds like a place to be.

To-Do:
    - Find Leopardmen and learn their magics.

q3rakeesh.pngThe jungle lies several days to the east of Tarna.

qg3hero.pngWhat are we standing around here for, then? Let's get going!

q3rakeesh.pngI will spend the next couple of days finding out more information about this war. We can speak more about this later.

qg3hero.pngBah, you Liontaurs are all talk and no action.

q3rakeesh.pngThe Liontarus have ruled Tarna for as long as we have existed. Most Liontaurs have little to do with humans, although that is changing.

q3a7kreesha32.png
    q3a7kreesha33.png

qg3hero.pngYeah...those monsters...

q3rakeesh.pngAlthough the Simbani tribesmen have supplied Tarna with meat for many decades, there are those Liontaurs who forget that Tarna depends on the Simbani for food. Without the Simbani, there may well be no Tarna.

qg3hero.pngSo you eat the Simbani then? They're your only source for food? Man, this food chain is rough out here. You are all a bunch of savages.

q3rakeesh.pngThe Council of Judgement is made up of the wisest of our people. Kreesha is, of course, the magical member of the Council.

q3a7kreesha37.png

qg3hero.pngI take that back. Her, I like.

q3kreesha.pngI am a worker of spells, specializing in teleportation and communication. The magical portal which brought you here is an example of my magic.

qg3hero.pngTeleportation would definitely come in handy. I could get to the Leopardmen shapeshifters right now!

q3a7kreesha45.png

qg3hero.pngThat works too. Any magic I don't currently know is magic I currently want!

q3kreesha.pngNow is not the time to speak of spells though, young mage. I must talk with Rakeesh about many things first. Ask me about magic sometime later, please.

To-Do:
    - Ask Kreesha about magic...later.

qg3hero.pngWhat could you possibly need to talk about that's more important than magic?

q3a7kreesha47.png

q3rakeesh.pngIt is most unusual for the Council of Judgement to become involved with the affairs of humans.

q3kreesha.pngThe Council of Judgement decided to send a peace mission into the jungle to speak with the Leopardmen. It was ambushed at night, and only one human survived to speak of it.

qg3hero.pngSee? Humans, more than just food.

q3a7kreesha50.png

q3rakeesh.pngIs she dead then?

q3kreesha.pngI do not know. My magic tells me nothing. I do not think so, but that may only be the wishes of a mother's heart rather than true knowledge.

qg3hero.pngSo then Reeshaka was your...

q3a7kreesha53.png

qg3hero.pngSo then you and Kreesha are...ohhhh! So, now that we're caught up, off to the jungle?

q3rakeesh.pngIn two days I will stand before the Council of Judgement and speak of peace. I would like you to be there as well. Then we can journey together to the Simbani village.

To-Do:
    - Stand before Council of Judgement on day 3.

qg3hero.pngWhat do I do then? Just sit here for two days?

q3rakeesh.pngIn the meantime, explore and enjoy Tarna. If you have any questions, you will find us here. Enter freely, you will be welcome at any time.

q3a7kreesha61.png

qg3hero.png:shock: Well...uhh...I'll be done here, then, after I check out this gift from my man, Keap.

q3a7kreesha17.png
    q3a7kreesha18.png
    q3a7kreesha19.png

qg3hero.pngGuess he never got over those repeated Force Bolt Flurry beatings. That old Keapon, what a joker!

This is some messed up wrapping paper, though...

q3a7kreesha21yu.png
    +4 Learn Juggling Lights (4/500)

qg3hero.pngA way to light up dark caverns? He does care! Just what I wanted!

Oh, right, lion-on-lion action. I think I'll be going now...

q3a7kreesha58.png
    q3a8tarna1.png

qg3hero.pngThis place is...big...

...too big to explore all at once.

Points tally:
    +4 Learn Juggling Lights Spell
    Total: 4 points out of 500

Piotyr on
  • Options
    Let me know if that Rakeesh purple is too hard to read. I think it looks OK.

• Options
    SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    A little dark on my monitor actually.

I'm probably going to cut back on the size of my sets for the third game, (we'll see if that sticks.) And I'll start posting them in a couple of days or so.

• Options
    HammerlockHammerlock Registered User regular
    That was....a pretty shitty trailer, really. The scenes took too long, too much deadtime, etc.

"Experience the excitement!" *hero walks slowly offscreen in a serene manner*

• Options
    gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Hammerlock wrote:
    gjaustin wrote:

You know, it just occurred to me that there are 4 love interests in QFG5 so someone is getting left out.

Nawar (everyone--as you can see, she's easy/not exactly picky), Elsa (fighter, paladin), Katrina (magic user, thief?), Erana (paladin, magic user)

I'm not 100% sure myself, but my understanding was
    Nawar is Thief only and Elsa can marry anyone. I forget who can marry Katrina, but I know for sure that Paladins can't.

• Options
    gjaustin wrote:
    Hammerlock wrote:
    gjaustin wrote:

You know, it just occurred to me that there are 4 love interests in QFG5 so someone is getting left out.

Nawar (everyone--as you can see, she's easy/not exactly picky), Elsa (fighter, paladin), Katrina (magic user, thief?), Erana (paladin, magic user)

I'm not 100% sure myself, but my understanding was
    Nawar is Thief only and Elsa can marry anyone. I forget who can marry Katrina, but I know for sure that Paladins can't.
    Erana - Paladin and Wizard only
    Katrina - Fighter and Wizard only
    Nawar and Elsa - Anyone.

• Options
    SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:
    Let me know if that Rakeesh purple is too hard to read. I think it looks OK.
    It's about as hard to read against the ye olde style as the yellow is on the default style.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Librarian's ghostLibrarian's ghost Librarian, Ghostbuster, and TimSpork Registered User regular
    Are you guys going to show all the different endings in 5? There were more than three if I remember right.

(Switch Friend Code) SW-4910-9735-6014(PSN) timspork (Steam) timspork (XBox) Timspork

• Options
    Since nobody actually said it was sufficient, I brightened up Rakeesh's text by 50% intensity. I'll likely do the same for Kreesha and Uhura. Just trying something new so every color isn't Orange, Magenta, Cyan, Pink, and Red.

• Options
    Hammerlock wrote:
    That was....a pretty shitty trailer, really. The scenes took too long, too much deadtime, etc.

"Experience the excitement!" *hero walks slowly offscreen in a serene manner*

Oh, nowadays it's terrible. However, when it first came out, remember, here was the game graphic progression:

qfg1ega-4.png ->

qfg2-10.png ->

q3a7kreesha4.png

I mean, the first time I saw that? Awesome.

• Options
    Very true. They still could have punched it up a bit and had more action though--maybe show the magic user or thief tossing stuff at an approaching croc.
    Still, I remember giving a bit of a squee when I saw Police Quest III in its VGA glory.

• Options
    DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist I swear! Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Ah yes, the EGA version of Hero's Quest QFG1. Man. That shit blew my mind when it came out. I thought it was the most amazing graphics I ever saw. Especially since I got the game right after I finally upgraded from my my Dad's 4 color CGA monitor.

Good times.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    "Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    RucioRucio Registered User regular
    Excellent sets guys. Now I'm venturing into completely foreign territory. I know practically nothing about Tarna.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    This is a little silly, but I got to thinking about it, and before I head into QFG3, I wanted to pick out my three of my favorite scenes, and coincidentally character embodiments, from QFG2 from our three "heroes". And use more commas.

Hamburglar
    qfg18082011175339.png

And this is why the Thief is the best class.

qfg2hero.gif...Ladies :winky:

Jethro
    qfg20110531195158.png

qfg2hero.gifTHIS. IS. SOULFORGE.

Jim
    q2i11theft3.png

qfg2hero.gifThat way being fuck you, bellows! If I can't have the bellows, no one can!

Syphyre on
  • Options
    Nice. I'm working on QFG3 Set 2, just need to find some images online to do what I want to do with it.

• Options
    I'm having trouble deciding if I'm looking forward to Hamburglar or Jim more for QFG3. I haven't seen how the Thief plays out, but I remember the magic duel being awesome.

But fear not Syphyre, I'm looking forward to Jethro in QFG4!
    Assuming the game doesn't crash so badly it breaks your computer.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    You know... Speaking of crashes I remember QfG4 having a couple of breaking ones, during the main collection quest having to traverse through a marsh, the game would crash without fail.

This was for the DOS version.

I remember this because the anthology's solution was to provide 4 saved games (one of each class) where the hero had that key item in his inventory at the start of the game (just after you escape from the cave).

I think windows had it's own bugs as well.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    I recall crashing quite a few times playing QFG4...thankfully there's a page full of fan-made patches so we'll see how well they work when we get to that point.

I really am dreading the combat in QFG4 though, I don't remember liking it much.

Hrm looking at the patch page, should probably install the ones for QFG3 too, since one of the fixes I REMEMBER having issues with. Patching!

• Options
    I seem to remember liking the combat in QFG4...Hadouken!

• Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    If you don't like the combat, you can just automate it. The game was the best for puzzles, but I didn't like the combat much either. In fact, combat in the rest of these games is going to be a chore after QFG2VGA.

• Options
    I had a glitch that prevented me from being able to take the final action and beat QFG4.

I kind of knew what would happen, but I'm still sore about it.

• Options
    Yeah, you definitely want to save very frequently prior to/during the QFG4 endgame. If the glitch happens you'll have to revert to a prior save since it'll likely always happen for that savegame.

• Options
    Syphyre wrote:
    I recall crashing quite a few times playing QFG4...thankfully there's a page full of fan-made patches so we'll see how well they work when we get to that point.

I really am dreading the combat in QFG4 though, I don't remember liking it much.

Hrm looking at the patch page, should probably install the ones for QFG3 too, since one of the fixes I REMEMBER having issues with. Patching!

The patches didn't really work for me unfortunately. I found that the best solution was to save a lot and fiddle with the CPU setting on Dosbox.

A few places needed it to be really slow, but most of the game was more likely to crash unless it was going somewhat faster.

• Options
    Images ready to go for the next set. So much exposition.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    Magic User 30 - Always Banking on Magic

q3b1tarna1.png

To-Do (for now):
    - Explore Tarna while Kreesha and Rakeesh...talk.
    - Ask Kreesha about magic...later.
    - Stand before Council of Judgement on day 3.
    - Find Leopardmen and learn their magics.
    - Find Demon-Wizard and measure up.

qg3hero.pngWell, let's get to exploring. Those doors up top look important.

q3b1tarna2.png

qg3hero.pngYou must not know who I am. That's ok, I'm new around here. I'll let it fly this once.

q3b1tarna3.png

qg3hero.pngBesides, that door even higher there looks much more important. You keep guarding your loser doors there.

q3b3tarna1.png
    q3b2temple1.png
    You enter into a huge hall, dominated by what must be a statue of Sekhmet. The air is smoky, and filled with the odor of strange spices. You feel as if someone or something is watching you.

qg3hero.pngYep, this place looks pretty important...to the lions. Wonder what it is.

q3b2temple4.png

qg3hero.pngSo, Lion-a, what kind of thing happens around here? Is this where they prepare the Simbani food?

q3b2temple5.png

qg3hero.pngLook, I'm only speaking from experience here, but that sounded a little racist. Speciesist, really. Do you have anger issues, there, Lion-a?

q3sekhmetpriest.pngDo not presume to question me, human. I am the High Priestess of the great goddess of Tarna, Sekhmet. Go!

qg3hero.pngAhh, Sekhmet...wait, who the fuck is Sekhmet?

q3sekhmetpriest.pngLeave this temple before the Goddess Sekhmet herself smites you for this blasphemy!

qg3hero.pngWhat, like the statue here? Ooh, I'm so scared...

The statue begins to move.

qg3hero.pngShutting up now.

q3b2temple9.png

q3sekhmet.pngHuman, Doer, Changer of Worlds, Releaser of Darkness, thou hast not yet been judged, and a future cannot yet be weighed. Yet thou hast already created a future for Weal or Woe.

qg3hero.pngNot Abdulla-good with the names, there, Sekhmet, but I like where that's going.

q3sekhmet.pngShould it be Woe, then the towers of Tarna will fall, and the blood of my Liontaur people will flood the savanna.

qg3hero.pngYeah, put those pompous Liontaurs in their place! Oh wait, that's supposed to be bad.

q3sekhmet.pngFor the Darkness before us rises from the Darkness behind you, and you must confront that Darkness. Yet more I cannot see, until you are judged.

qg3hero.pngI'm standing in front of the Council of Judgement in two days. Does that count?

q3b2temple15.png

qg3hero.pngGem of the Guardian, you say? Fetch quest, ahoy!

To-Do:
    - Find Gem of the Guardian so Sekhmet can judge me

qg3hero.pngWait...what's the up side for me again?

q3sekhmet.pngWhen you have been judged, we will reveal a future for you to make, or unmake.

qg3hero.pngUnmaking futures sounds like a wizard-worthy activity. I'll be back, Sekhmet.

q3b2temple18.png
    q3b3tarna1.png

qg3hero.pngWell, that does it for the top tier, Let's head back to the lower areas.

q3b3tarna3.png

qg3hero.pngThis place looks...open, at least.

q3b4salim1.png

qg3hero.pngApothecary, you say? Now, I'm not one for snap judgements, but...

q3b4salim2.png

qg3hero.png...are you high? That doesn't look so much like a water bottle.

q3salim.pngMy name is Salim Nafs. That means Healthy Soul in Arabic. In numerology, I am an eight. I am also a Libra.

qg3hero.pngAn 8? You look like more of a 4 to me...and definitely well baked. Can I get some of that? Let me just Flame Dart this pipe...

q3b4salim6.png

qg3hero.pngFuck it, I'll be back later with something to light up.

To-Do:
    - Find some primitive way to light up hookah pipe

qg3hero.pngBe honest now, what kind of weed are you on, specifically?

q3salim.pngPlants are like people -- they love to share their dreams, their finest feelings with you. Have you hugged a tree today?

qg3hero.pngSo you...dream about tree hugging, then?

q3b4salim36.png

qg3hero.pngThat's an...interesting...dream...

To-Do:

qg3hero.pngHoly shit, you're perfect! So, would you believe it, there really is a tree in a desert that needs hugging? Her name is Julanar, she'd be perfect for you. I helped her until I got what I needed from her, but she's all yours the rest of the way, bub. Just waiting in the desert for you.

+10 Tell Salim about Julanar (14/500)

q3salim.pngHow extraordinary. The girl of my dreams is real! I'm so thrilled to hear it. I will leave for Shapeir on the next caravan there.

qg3hero.pngSo, what do you sell here, besides weed and acid?

q3b4salim10.png

qg3hero.pngPills too, eh? Sounds more like flower power. But at least you're not a lazy eyed psycho or a sociopathic pyro, so you may be the best apothecary yet. I take it you carry healing pills?

q3salim.pngIf you want to be well, well, my healing pills are made of homeopathic herbs. Unfortunately, I'm all out of feathers to make more.

qg3hero.pngOk, you lost me there. Feathers?

q3b4salim16.png

To-Do:
    - Get honey bird feathers without fun violence.

qg3hero.pngEnough about pills. You mentioned potions too? Something that won't need additional water?

q3salim.pngI'm really a lot more into pills than potions. Tarna doesn't have a potion recycling center for potion bottles, I'm afraid. They're a little behind the times, you know.

q3b4salim21.png

qg3hero.pngI'd almost feel insulted if you didn't have a dispel potion. OK, lay it on me, what shit do I need to collect this time?

q3salim.pngWow, I've never sold one of those. I'll need to look it up in my book.

q3b4salim23.png

q3salim.pngHey, check this out in the pharmacopia. Wow, man! I've already got most of this stuff. There's the bee's knees and the ibis's eyelashes and a clear amethyst crystal.

qg3hero.pngAnd the catch is...

q3b4salim25.png

qg3hero.pngWell, at least I've got shit to do now.

To-Do:
    - Make yet another Dispel Potion.
    -- Water from the Pool of Peace
    -- Gift from the Heart of the World
    -- Fruit of a venomous vine

qg3hero.pngOut of curiousity, how many dinars for your pills?

q3b4salim43.png

qg3hero.pngFigured as such. Let's add it to the list...

To-Do:
    - Change money (again)

qg3hero.pngWell, Salim, I'll be back eventually. Either with dispel potion shit, or healing potion shit, or new money, or some way to light up that hookah without offending the sensitive psychies of the lions.

q3b5tarna1.png

qg3hero.pngNext building!

q3b6inn1.png

qg3hero.pngSo...food...and?

q3b6inn2.png

qg3hero.pngHe Barbie guano? Narak said what? Speak Common.

q3welcome.pngKreesha, the mother of magic, has a room for you here. It is the first door on the right after you go up the stairs. I hope it will serve you well.

qg3hero.pngSo, free room, score! Looks like this place also serves as some kind of adventurer's guild. Let's check the quest board.

q3b6inn6.png
    +3 Read bulletin board (17/500)

q3b6inn7.png

Board tally:
    - If you have need of Magic I shall be honored to serve you. Kreesha
    - Potions, Pills and Positivity at the Apothecary.
    - You need it? We got it. The Newly Used Emporium of Irregular Antiques and Interesting Items.
    - LAWS OF TARNA
    -- Thou shalt harm none.
    -- Thou shalt not use magic upon the streets of Tarna.
    -- Thou shalt not steal.
    -- Thou shalt behave with honor.

qg3hero.pngShit I know and shit I didn't care to know. Worst quest board ever. Woman, are all the liontaurs complete douchebags?

q3b6inn18.png

qg3hero.pngRight, we all like Kreesha. So this Council is a big deal, then?

q3welcome.pngThe Council of Judgement and Rajah, may he reign forever, rule Tarna.

qg3hero.pngSo at least try to not piss the lions off then, you're saying. Speaking of saying, why does everyone speak moon language?

q3b6inn24.png

qg3hero.pngIs this survivor around somewhere?

q3welcome.pngKhatib Makar'ram was once a brilliant speaker and diplomat for Tarna. Since he returned from the peace mission, he has been very ill and seldom speaks.

qg3hero.pngDamn. Oh well, just some food then.

q3b6inn43.png

qg3hero.pngThat's almost incentive not to visit the money changer. Oh well, thanks for the meal, I'll come back to sleep later. Maybe you could be a little more welcoming then. *wink wink, nudge nudge*

q3b6inn45.png

qg3hero.pngOff to check out the bazaar.

q3b7sanford1.png
    q3b7sanford4.png
    q3b7sanford5.png

qg3hero.pngI said bazaar, not bizarre. I'll...be back later...maybe. *runs*

q3b7sanford11.png

q3b8thief1.png
    You enter the north end of the bazaar and witness a dispute.

q3banker.pngWhat are you doing? That is not right.

qg3hero.pngHey, I didn't do a damned...oh, that other guy.

q3b8thief3.png

qg3hero.pngHey, fucker, I need that money. Never mess with a wizard, bitch!

5lra0.gif
    +4 Stop the thief...violently... (21/500)

q3b9violent2.png

qg3hero.pngSee, magic can be used for...err...good?

q3lionguard.pngYou, stranger, shall accompany us to the Hall of Judgement, as well.

qg3hero.pngAlways up for a showering of praise and rewards. Let's go!

q3b9violent4.png
    q3b9violent5.png
    q3b9violent6.png

qg3hero.pngYeah, stick it to the man lion! I mean, boo!

q3judgement.pngThen by the Judgement of the Council and the laws of Tarna, you, Harami, are now formally named honorless. So you have acted, so you shall be. The honorless one must leave the Hall.

q3b9violent8.png

qg3hero.pngSure thing, just lay it on me!

q3b9violent9.png

qg3hero.pngSure, but it worked, didn't it?

q3judgement.pngThe use of magic in the bazaar is in direct violation of the laws of Tarna.

qg3hero.pngSure, but it worked, didn't it?

q3kreesha.pngThe Prince of Shapeir is a stranger, and unaccustomed to our laws. A magic user instinctively uses magic.

qg3hero.pngSee, Kreesha's got my back.

q3judgementhair.pngThe Prince of Shapeir did willfully use a magical spell and injure the honorless one, causing him to fall.

q3sekhmetpriest.pngThe honorless one is no longer a person. Therefore, the human harmed no one.

qg3hero.pngOuch, tough crowd.

q3judgement.pngThe Council of Judgement acknowledges that the Prince of Shapeir has harmed no one. However, the Prince of Shapeir is still in violation of the laws of Tarna. Prince of Shapeir, swear by your honor to no longer use your magic in the city of Tarna, or else be banished immediately.

q3b9violent19.png

qg3hero.pngSwear by my what, now? I mean, sure, by my honor.

q3b9violent21.png

thatshowitcould.png
    buthowaboutthis.png

q3b8thief3.png

qg3hero.pngHey, fucker, I need that money. I'll show these poncy lions that not all magic is harmful...Calm!

a70HN.gif
    +7 Calm the fuck out of the thief (24/500)

q3b9violent2.png

qg3hero.pngSee? Everybody wins this time.

q3lionguard.pngYou, stranger, shall accompany us to the Hall of Judgement, as well.

qg3hero.pngWell, shit.

q3b9violent4.png
    q3b9violent5.png
    q3b9violent6.png

qg3hero.pngWell, you're fucked again.

q3judgement.pngThen by the Judgement of the Council and the laws of Tarna, you, Harami, are now formally named honorless. So you have acted, so you shall be. The honorless one must leave the Hall.

q3b9violent8.png

qg3hero.pngNow look, I didn't harm a fucking flea, there!

q3b9violent9.png

qg3hero.pngIt was a fucking Calm spell!

q3judgement.pngThe use of magic in the bazaar is in direct violation of the laws of Tarna.

q3judgementhair.pngThe Prince of Shapeir did use his magic to prevent the scape of the honorless one, thus aiding my guards.

qg3hero.pngSee? Everyone wins.

q3b9violent19.png

qg3hero.pngStill? Fucking hell.

howitreallyhappened.png

q3b8thief3.png

qg3hero.pngHey, fucker, I need that money. I'll ... try to avoid banishment by not using any magic whatsoever...the fuckers.

QeUXW.gif
    +8 Chase the fuck out of the thief (25/500)

q3b9violent4.png

qg3hero.pngHappy now, bitches?

q3b9violent5.png
    q3b9violent6.png

qg3hero.pngSucks to be you again.

q3b9violent8.png

q3judgementhair.pngThe Prince of Shapeir aided my guards in the capture of the honorless one.

qg3hero.pngWithout having any fun at all in the process.

q3judgement.pngThe Council of Judgement commends the Prince of Shapeir's actions on behalf of Tarna, and thanks him.

qg3hero.pngAll that for a verbal pat on the head?! Thanks...I guess.

q3b11chase8.png

qg3hero.pngTaken enough of a moral beating for one set, thanks. At least I'm not banished from magic now.

q3b14end.png

Points tally (starting from 4):
    +10 Tell Salim about Julanar
    +3 Read Bulletin Board
    +4 Catch thief with violent magic
    +7 Catch thief with non violent magic
    +8 Catch thief without any fun magic
    Total: 25 points out of 500

Piotyr on
  • Options
    MassenaMassena Registered User regular
    Nice set. I'm remembering what a pain in the ass those lions were. I'd forgotten how they basically make you want to tell themselves to suck it almost the entire time you're there, and it doesn't really matter what class you are (though a mage gets the shortest leash).

• Options
    Massena wrote:
    Nice set. I'm remembering what a pain in the ass those lions were. I'd forgotten how they basically make you want to tell themselves to suck it almost the entire time you're there, and it doesn't really matter what class you are (though a mage gets the shortest leash).

Thief gets pretty hosed on the whole ordeal, too. It's a paladin town, everyone else is just vermin.

• Options
    NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action North CarolinaRegistered User regular
    Nice Clue reference. Also, I recall using magic a couple of times actually, during the chase and then once, during a certain event. MUCH later.

newSig.jpg
  • Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Nocren wrote:
    Nice Clue reference.

I scrolled down while reading and saw the "That's how it could have happened..." and almost fell out of my chair. Brilliant!

edit: Holy cow lime is horrid on the new color scheme. Pretend that bland green is a beautiful lime showing my approval of Nocren's post.

ArcSyn on
    4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Syphyre is responsible for the capturing of the Clue cards. We're coordinating through PMs now, so expect to see a lot more teamwork in the future.

• Options
    Huge thanks to Syphyre for capturing those after I couldn't find them anywhere else.

• Options
    edited August 2011
    A) Teamwork! *clapclap* Teamwork! *clapclap*
    B) Hey, no sweat, it's fun doing this collaboration.
    C) What the hell you talkin' bout? I ain't helped nobody.
    D) I have pictures of you and Uhura together.

I'm having to redo my first set because I came up with a brilliant idea as I was about done, so...expect a bit more delay before I start.

Syphyre on
  • Options
    DeShadowCDeShadowC Registered User regular
    Piotyr wrote:

qg3hero.pngIt was a fucking Calm spell!

That part was great.

• Options
    Hey, that calm spell totally made him fall and skin his knee. Do you even know how much that stings?

• Options
    I really like the alternate solutions. I would have instinctively used force bolt too. Who would have thought you can run after him?

• Options
    ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Hammerlock wrote:
    Hey, that calm spell totally made him fall and skin his knee. Do you even know how much that stings?
    pic9.jpg

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • Options
    Does it really matter that you get censured? From what I recall of the game, I just used calm, promised not to use magic and that was that.

Then again, I don't think I ever completed the game with any class other than Paladin.

"Simple, real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time." -Mustrum Ridcully in Terry Pratchett's Hogfather p. 142 (HarperPrism 1996)
  • Options
    Does it really matter that you get censured? From what I recall of the game, I just used calm, promised not to use magic and that was that.

Then again, I don't think I ever completed the game with any class other than Paladin.
    You actually get fewer points.

• Options
    Wow, it never even occurred to me to use magic there.

I always just chased after him.

• Options
    huh. I forgot Sierra was still keeping that antiquated point system around.