Don't like the snow? You can make a bookmark with the following text instead of a url: javascript:snowStorm.toggleSnow(). Clicking it will toggle the snow on and off.
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Just... Just, the worstRegistered User regular
    edited August 2011
    Set 9 - Skullduggery at the archery range
    Spoiler:

joshofalltrades on
    ElJeffe wrote: »
    Man, if I could get a 3D printer that could fabricate a vagina, I'd never leave the house again.
  • CygnusZCygnusZ Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    When I played the game in elementary school, both me and my brothers never noticed the note crumpled on the floor of the bar. Maybe it was because we were playing in mind-blowing 4 color CGA, or maybe it was just because we didn't think that a scrap of paper on a dirty floor was any more interesting than the other junk lying around.

The entire sequence is optional though.
    Spoiler:

edited March 2011
    Actually,
    Spoiler:

Man, if I could get a 3D printer that could fabricate a vagina, I'd never leave the house again.
    edited March 2011
    I'll have the first game wrapped up by tomorrow or the next day. I want to get moving on the second game since it's going to be a lot more work.

• SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You didn't head to the castle immediately after freeing the baronet (sounds like a snack. Try our delicious new baronets! They're extra haughty!). Mind if I hit that part up?

Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
    edited March 2011
    No problem. Have at it.

edited March 2011
    Actually,
    Spoiler:

All classes get points for saying the word I believe. I'll confirm when my fighter gets to that point. They tried to force all classes to go that route. As far as going in the front gate, the EGA version is easier, but the VGA version is really tough if I remember from 3 years ago when I last played. I'll give it a shot though.

Edit: Imageshack, what the hell use is a "remember me" button if you don't REMEMBER ME?!?!

• gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    My only complaint about this LP is that there has been far too little running away screaming from Cheetaurs.

Your belief is not required
    edited March 2011
    Ohhh trust me, the Cheetaurs are coming. They are coming.

• SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Guys I can't tell you how nostalgic this is all making me.

edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 3 - Training Montage
    Spoiler:

Insomia update. More tomorrow!

Syphyre on
  • Firmus_PiettFirmus_Piett Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gotta catch up, sets 4-9 and then Syphyre's ones. Looks like the rest of my night's been sorted.

camo_sig.png

• KarmondKarmond Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Been a long time since I've played this (and I preferred the EGA version), but you can't break into the Sherrif's house if you don't do it in the same night as the old lady's, right? Because they bar the door the evening after the first robbery. Not that you really need the money.

edited March 2011
    I think they only bar the door after you steal from them.

• MorninglordMorninglord Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    eye of the tigggeeerrrrr :whistle:

DAN...DAN DAN DAN....DAN DAN DAAAAAANNNNNNNN

*coughs*

*stops dancing*

My Dark Souls 2 Diary Day 6 and 7 Updated
    (PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • DangerbirdDangerbird Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Great update Syphyre.

I was listening to Paul Stanley's "Live To Win" while reading it which made it even more funny.

edited March 2011
    Great update, though still a disturbing lack of Cheetaur :)

Personally, I was going with "Gonna Fly Now" while reading that.

edited March 2011
    Hate those manta ray things too. You know the real way you deal with those things?

Magic. Flame darts home in and wreck them.

edited March 2011
    Alas, my fighter has but his sword, and his wits.

I imagine throwing rocks or daggers at them from afar would work as well, but that's not the way I roll.

edited March 2011
    Your fighter has wits? :P

But nah, once you get stamina up they're not too tough. You pretty much spend the whole time clicking the Dodge or Parry buttons until he's within melee range, and then you forcibly extract his shit through beatings.

edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 4 - Saving the Haughty
    Spoiler:
    Next set...the plot thickens.

Edit: Slightly longer update than normal, but I wanted to emphasize that Fighter pretty much bashes and slashes his way through everything. (so much for puzzle solving eh?) I also couldn't resist throwing up the antwerp.

Syphyre on
    edited March 2011
    Sometimes it's fun to kill the bear and ignore Baba Yaga.
    Points aren't what's important man.
    Did points ever hug you?
    Do they tell you that they love you?
    Do they look after you when you're sick?

I'm just saying, sometimes its fun to do the wrong thing.

edited March 2011
    Yeah, I was hoping that update would involve bashing and slashing through the bear.

edited March 2011
    Sadly you've found out my one weakness and downfall...completionism. Yes, I AM trying to go for max points in each game. Though at this point I realize what I should do is make separate saves so I can rampage in them.

Then again, you could explain it away by saying I plan on becoming a Paladin, and would I really act that way if I were?

edited March 2011
    If I may make a humble suggestion, it would be nice if you would save the game prior to entering the brigand fortress and show both routes in (secret door/ambush). My Thief isn't going the ambush route at all.

edited March 2011
    Syphyre wrote: »
    Sadly you've found out my one weakness and downfall...completionism. Yes, I AM trying to go for max points in each game. Though at this point I realize what I should do is make separate saves so I can rampage in them.

Then again, you could explain it away by saying I plan on becoming a Paladin, and would I really act that way if I were?

Well, even a Paladin can't tell a Bear from a Bearonet (sorry)

edited March 2011
    You've clearly been playing this series and taking note of its puns

I'm probably going to post another update or 2 here in a while

edited March 2011
    Yeah that's a good call. I planned to do it anyways but that re-enforces my desire to do that.

Edit: About storming the fortress I mean. Couple more posts while I was on the phone.

I have sets 5 and 6 uploaded, just need to make some posts on them when my head's not woozy.

EditEdit: Most of you have likely notices joshofalltrades and I are pretty much screaming through the game. Two reasons (at least for me) A) The first game can be beat in a few hours easily if you go at it steadily. It's really not that long, and B) we both REALLY wanna get into the vga remake of the 2nd game. So if we're missing anything you wanna see, sorry! Or at least make a note of what you'd like to see and I may have a save back where I can hit it up again.

edited March 2011
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Syphyre wrote: »

Well, even a Paladin can't tell a Bear from a Bearonet (sorry)
    I bet you can't wait till we hit QFG4 can you...

edited March 2011
    I am. I'm also looking forward to pointing out that Katrina was voiced by Jennifer Hale as her first ever video game character.

Oops...

edited August 2011
    Set 10 - Bad, bad jokes
    Spoiler:

joshofalltrades on
    edited March 2011
    An entire section devoted to Erasmus. Fabulous.

edited March 2011
    Normally I cut out a lot of the dialog, especially because much of it is superfluous and not terribly relevant to anything. It's important I put the curse and counter-curse in there, though, or none of what we're doing makes much sense, and when you hear it at the end of the game it's like, "Wha?"

Even though most of Erasmus' dialog is just really terrible puns and banter between him and Fenrus, I included it as well, since he's a pretty major character in the series and I thought it was important to capture his whimsical nature for this LP.

EDIT: Also, damn you gjaustin. I was going to point that out. How about this instead: John Rhys-Davies (yes, that John Rhys-Davies) is the narrator for QFG4.

Why does it seem like most readers of this LP are across the Atlantic from me?

edited March 2011
    You left? But his jokes were simply fabulous. FABULOUS.

(PSN: Morninglord) (Steam: Morninglord) (WiiU: Morninglord22) I like to record and toss up a lot of random gaming videos here.
  • SceptreSceptre Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    edited March 2011
    I made a slight change to that last update, since I got home and could do so.

See if you can spot it.

edited March 2011
    mmm, razzle dazzle root beer

edited March 2011
    Bishi sparkles?

edited August 2011
    Fighter - Set 5 - Spending Hard Earned Gold
    Spoiler:
    Coming up next: Fairy Twilight and Fighting at Night

Syphyre on