Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magic-User 56 - Fuckin' Finally Can See Dead Kids. Wait, That Sounds Bad ...

EDIT: Worst TotP, or Worst TotP?

Elvenshae on
    elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
  • PiotyrPiotyr Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Magic User 56 - Spiritual Sense
    Spoiler:

Voices in.

Piotyr on
    Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    No, do a new post so that it shows up as, well, new <3

Spoit on
    camo_sig2.png
    New set two posts up. That way it's near the TOTP, right?

As usual, I will add the voices later. Possibly tomorrow, if I have time.

Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Man, Jim really needs some practice at enticing children into his van capturing the Will O' Wisps. Why isn't he asking for help finding his lost puppy? Or telling them their mother is running late and he's supposed to pick them up and take them to her?

More seriously, is talking to Nikolai and Anna the only way to get his hat? Because I don't remember doing that, but I certainly remember getting the hat.

Your belief is not required
    Yeah, that's the only way to get the hat. It always seemed odd to me that Nikolai's disappearance and death was one of the happier moments in the game.

Piotyr wrote:
    Yeah, that's the only way to get the hat. It always seemed odd to me that Nikolai's disappearance and death was one of the happier moments in the game.

Agreed. And the saddest moment of the game is one you think would be happy.
    Spoiler:

I've only beaten the game as a Paladin, so I can't remember if that's required to complete the game. Is it?

gjaustin wrote:
    Piotyr wrote:

Agreed. And the saddest moment of the game is one you think would be happy.
    Spoiler:

I've only beaten the game as a Paladin, so I can't remember if that's required to complete the game. Is it?

Yeah, that's the one required step to trigger the end-game events that I've been basically avoiding.

That's what I thought.

I recall <redacted> being seriously angry over that.

Voices are in for set 56. Ghost Nikolai also sounds suspiciously like Liquid Snake.

• NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    q4m21fairy105.png

Okay, this is something I've never seen. Probably because I never bothered trying to beat the game as a Wizard (since all the bugs made it so difficult to play).

sig.gif
    The game has a lot of flavor that can be missed in several areas. I also need to start sleeping at the inn more to pick up more of those incidents.

edited February 2012
    Ugh, why you gotta be like that, ImageShack? Starting March 1, all my images aside from the most recent 500 will be deleted. Unless I pay them two dollars a month for...ever? Looking for viable alternatives (which will require rehosting, which...annoys me greatly).

EDIT: I have a new solution, which I will use from this point forward. I will eventually go back and fix my old sets, but...56 of them may take a little while. This also means Josh and Syphyre's sets may soon have broken images. Unless I just post so many more pics than them in sets that their imageshack accounts are under 500 images.

Piotyr on
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    http://imgur.com/ is what I used for my Clocktower LP. Should check them out, can even make albums for sets.

edited February 2012
    Yeah, I'm going to switch over there going forward. Only issue with moving old images is that I have to relink each one for each set, which I am not necessarily looking forward to. :P

EDIT: Thank you for the suggestion, @SkutSkut ! I will post the new set some time tonight using the new hosting service, so I hope everything works out. :)

Piotyr on
    edited February 2012
    Magic User 57 - Spelled of Elderberries
    Spoiler:

Voices in.

Piotyr on
  • NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    Need a better color for the mad scientist's text. It's unreadable without highlighting.

My PA, PSN, XBL, Origin, and Steam names are the same. 3DS Friend Code: 1607-1682-2948
    steam_sig-400.png
    Stack Exchange | http://www.mpdevblog.blogspot.com
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist Always mind Duane. Registered User regular
    I like your "Conversations" with the inkeeper.

Nightslyr wrote:
    Need a better color for the mad scientist's text. It's unreadable without highlighting.

Bah, and I even fixed it in the one set, but forgot to change the default. Fixed now.

Piotyr wrote:
    Nightslyr wrote:

Bah, and I even fixed it in the one set, but forgot to change the default. Fixed now.

:^:

And, awesome job with the thread. I check it regularly.

My PA, PSN, XBL, Origin, and Steam names are the same. 3DS Friend Code: 1607-1682-2948
    steam_sig-400.png
  • SyphyreSyphyre A Dangerous Pastime Registered User regular
    edited February 2012
    Piotyr wrote:
    Ugh, why you gotta be like that, ImageShack? Starting March 1, all my images aside from the most recent 500 will be deleted. Unless I pay them two dollars a month for...ever? Looking for viable alternatives (which will require rehosting, which...annoys me greatly).

EDIT: I have a new solution, which I will use from this point forward. I will eventually go back and fix my old sets, but...56 of them may take a little while. This also means Josh and Syphyre's sets may soon have broken images. Unless I just post so many more pics than them in sets that their imageshack accounts are under 500 images.
    Imageshack wrote:
    You have 2113 photos stored. Since you're over the 500 photo limit you'll need to upgrade to a Premium account or you'll only be able to keep 500 of your recent photos. Older photos will expire on the 1st of March.

Welp. I figure about 5% are non LP related, and the rest are LP. Out of those, I figure about 50% are actually used in the LP (I tended to upload EVERYTHING and then transcribe text from the screenshots.) But hrm.

Syphyre on
    Steam ID - Syphyreal --- 3DS Friend Code: 2723-9387-1002
    Voices in on set 57. I happen to like the VO work done on Baba Yaga, sounds just right.

I have images ready for the next set (it was going to all be set 57, but I ran out of character space, so the second half of the day will be day 58). I'm also going to be converting all my images (and then sets) over to imgur, starting from QFG4 and going backwards. I probably won't get all 56 complete before the end of February, but at least the more recent ones will still work.

Since me converting all the set images from imageshack to imgur is pretty damned boring for people who already read all the sets, I'm going to see if I can get set 58 posted tonight.

edited February 2012
    Magic User 58 - The People's Hero
    Spoiler:

Voices in.

Piotyr on
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    Wait..... didn't you torch the monistary?

newSig.jpg
    Well, I tried to torch the monastery, but the narrator stopped me.

• HammerlockHammerlock Registered User
    I can't help but think that, if not for the dulcet tones of JRD Jim's path would look closer to Black Mage's than a QFG story.

And before anybody calls me on that dream sequence at the inn, that dream can only happen on the night after you fail to save Igor. But, hey, I'm trying to include all the dreams here, and several have very specific circumstances.

Voices in for set 58. The old set image replacements continue!

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    I like your "Conversations" with the inkeeper.

So good.

elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal
    In news nobody who keeps up with this cares about, I now have half of the QFG4 sets switched over to imgur. At this rate, I should be able to get all the QFG4 sets switched over before the end of the month. It's a...slow...process.

Since all of that doesn't matter to people who are keeping up, though, I'm going to take a break from fixing old sets to put together a new one now. :P

• RucioRucio Registered User
    This is still my favorite LP on the interwebs Piotyr. Good going!

edited February 2012
    Magic User 59 - International Woman of Mystery
    Spoiler:

Voices in.

Piotyr on
    Rucio wrote:
    This is still my favorite LP on the interwebs Piotyr. Good going!

Thanks! I'm glad you still enjoy it. :)

• DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist Always mind Duane. Registered User regular
    What are you doing with that phallus-shaped pestle? o_O

What are you doing with that phallus-shaped pestle? o_O

I'm grinding bones, of course...

...what?

Added voices to set 59. Going to try to migrate the rest of the QFG4 sets to imgur, and finish set 60 by the end of Friday. If I don't, I'll be out for a week before posting the next one.

Piotyr wrote: »
    Added voices to set 59. Going to try to migrate the rest of the QFG4 sets to imgur, and finish set 60 by the end of Friday. If I don't, I'll be out for a week before posting the next one.

vader.jpg

steam_sig-400.png
    Well, it's been a week, so...