Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Let's Play Quest for Glory. Thanks to Piotyr for keeping this going!

• PiotyrPiotyr Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    Magic User 60 - Taking My Breath Away
    Spoiler:

Voices...in!

Piotyr on
    Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist A banana is good. It tastes the same going in or going out! Registered User regular
    edited March 2012
    R8Zr4.png

LULZ

EDIT: It's still hard to wrap my brain around the fact that Katrina is voiced by the same actress as Commander Shepard. Of course, these are the sorts of roles Jennifer Hale usually does (like Cinderella).

DisruptedCapitalist on
  • ShimshaiShimshai Registered User regular
    This is great!

As it always is!

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • NocrenNocren Lt Futz, Back in Action Still AwesomeRegistered User regular
    To be fair, Hale doesn't use this accent often. Usually it's English (Bastilla/Shateel Shan, Mazzy Fenton) or America (Shepard, Totaly Spies).

newSig.jpg
  • gjaustingjaustin Registered User regular
    Sometimes I think Baba Yaga is my favorite character in the series. She's evil, but she's just so polite about it.

Also, please tell me that I'm not the only one who actually giggled at some of those Gnome jokes?

Your belief is not required
    Funny thing is that's apparently Hale's natural accent, as she's of French descent.

Because I can kill demons and leopards any time, but get them to glorify me? That's a once in a lifetime opportunity. -- Jim Darkmagic, Let's Play: Quest for Glory Series
    gjaustin wrote: »
    Sometimes I think Baba Yaga is my favorite character in the series. She's evil, but she's just so polite about it.

Also, please tell me that I'm not the only one who actually giggled at some of those Gnome jokes?

At least he got the punchlines to make sense after he got his humor back. There'll be one more Gnome comedy routine in the next set, which should go up fast since I already have the voices and screenshots ready (another set of me being overambitious and not being able to get an entire day in one set).

I found the Gnome's insults a lot funnier.
    Though since I played the unpatched version, I never managed to get all the rituals and finish the game.

newSig.jpg
    edited March 2012
    Magic User 61 - The Night Time is the Right Time
    Spoiler:

Voices...in!

Piotyr on
  • DisruptedCapitalistDisruptedCapitalist A banana is good. It tastes the same going in or going out! Registered User regular
    Hm. Ok, I'm certain now, I don't think I ever finished this game.

Faerie subplot doesn't ring a bell?

Not at all. Is that just a wizard thing? I played Paladin.

Yes, the entire Faerie Queen subplot is wizard only. It's the only way for wizards to get the
    Spoiler:

Yeah, I remember the gnome leaving town, but I don't remember meeting Katrina outside the gates or burning the monastary. (But I do remember the dream of Erasmus.) I dunno. It's been like 12 years since I last tried playing it, I think.

edited March 2012
    I've also been deliberately avoiding
    Spoiler:
    because it prevents any of these flavor things (meetings with Katrina, dreams at the inn, dreams in the garden, one other thing in the inn I'm trying to trigger yet) from happening anymore. Burning the monastery is a purely optional thing that I just do for fun, because I can.

EDIT: I'm at the point where there's basically nothing of point value I can do until I perform the above spoiler, so I think there'll be one more set where I train up magic and see the rest of the dreams, one last fortune, and one more meetup with Katrina before heading into the endgame sequence. It'll be a set of pure flavor.

Piotyr on
    edited March 2012
    Oh, maybe that's it,
    Spoiler:
    We'll see if the ending looks at all familiar.

DisruptedCapitalist on
    Set 61 now updated with voices. One more set until things start getting (more) interesting.

edited March 2012
    Magic User 62 - Dreams, Tears, and Fortunes
    Spoiler:

Voices...in!

Piotyr on
    edited March 2012
    There are actually three additional inn dreams (one dark master, two mysterious wizard), but to my knowledge, they are randomly triggered, and I have been unable to trigger them. At this point, I think I've covered enough optional stuff to just go forward with the main plot. The Dark Master dream is only tangentially related to the plot (it's mostly just more bitching about how useless you are), and the mysterious wizard dreams are completely unrelated to the plot (just to be funny).

EDIT: And part of why this took a week to post is that I spent a good four evenings grinding up magic. Basically just watch each training animated GIF for three hours, and you get the general idea.

Piotyr on
    Great job; you make it entertaining as always.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Had "Eye of the Tiger" playing in my head while reading that set, for some reason.. :P

steam_sig.png
    Backloggery XBox Live: ArcSyn 3DS: 1805-2274-4550 (Jonathan) WiiU NNID: ArcSyn

GIFT GET GIFS
  • Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User
    Piotyr wrote: »
    There are actually three additional inn dreams (one dark master, two mysterious wizard), but to my knowledge, they are randomly triggered, and I have been unable to trigger them. At this point, I think I've covered enough optional stuff to just go forward with the main plot. The Dark Master dream is only tangentially related to the plot (it's mostly just more bitching about how useless you are), and the mysterious wizard dreams are completely unrelated to the plot (just to be funny)

EDIT: And part of why this took a week to post is that I spent a good four evenings grinding up magic. Basically just watch each training animated GIF for three hours, and you get the general idea.
    "Mysterious wizard"? You mean Erasmus? I know he tries to find you while you're sleeping at least once.

sig.gif
    There are actually three additional inn dreams (one dark master, two mysterious wizard), but to my knowledge, they are randomly triggered, and I have been unable to trigger them. At this point, I think I've covered enough optional stuff to just go forward with the main plot. The Dark Master dream is only tangentially related to the plot (it's mostly just more bitching about how useless you are), and the mysterious wizard dreams are completely unrelated to the plot (just to be funny)

"Mysterious wizard"? You mean
    Spoiler:
    I know he tries to find you while you're sleeping at least once.

Technically that isn't known until the end of the game, and I'm trying to spoil as little as possible.

Added voices for set 62.

edited March 2012
    Today, on a very special episode of Quest for Glory 4...

Magic User 63 - The Heart of the Matter
    Spoiler:

Voices added.

Piotyr on
    Toby!!!! :(

• NightslyrNightslyr Registered User regular
    So, what are you going to name the new staff? Staff of Erana is kind of a mouthful.

I vote for Shaft Jr.

My PA, PSN, XBL, Origin, and Steam names are the same. 3DS Friend Code: 1607-1682-2948
    steam_sig-400.png
    Stack Exchange | http://www.mpdevblog.blogspot.com
    Erana's Shaft? No, no, that's terrible.
    Shaft-rana? Nope.
    Stana? Eh..

Yeah, I got nothing.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    Nightslyr wrote: »
    So, what are you going to name the new staff? Staff of Erana is kind of a mouthful.

I vote for Shaft Jr.

I'll open the naming vote to the floor.

My idea was to name it Toby.

• HounHoun Registered User regular
    Just call it "Schmexy". Cuz, damn, look at dem curves.

Steam: DigitalArcanist | PSN: DigitalArcanist | NNID: DigitalArcanist | Backloggery: Houn

I vote for Shaft Jr.

I like Toby. Nice remembrance of who helped you actually get it.

steam_sig.png

GIFT GET GIFS
    edited March 2012

I vote for Shaft Jr.

It calls itself Staff of the Hero.

And it's not like
    Spoiler:

Also, I'm starting to wonder who you'll romance in QfGV
    Spoiler:

I picked the latter for my Paladin, especially since the former wasn't a choice.

Edit: Considering this is Jim, he'll probably try to romance EVERYONE. Even Rakeesh.

gjaustin on
    gjaustin wrote: »

I vote for Shaft Jr.

It calls itself Staff of the Hero.

Well, yeah, but that's even more of a mouthful. :P

But it's so Heroic sounding!

What about if we call it & (or the staff formerly known as the Staff of Erana)?

That QfGV mention reminds me of the paladin's opening.
    Spoiler:

newSig.jpg
  • SpoitSpoit *twitch twitch* Registered User regular
    Nocren wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    What happens if
    Spoiler:

camo_sig2.png
    I finished adding the voice overs for set 63. Sad Tanya/Toby is sad.

Spoit wrote: »
    Nocren wrote: »
    Spoiler:
    What happens if
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

newSig.jpg
  • ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Still one of the best LPs around.

elvenshae2_zps569236d5.png
    Steam: Elvenshae // PSN: Elvenshae // WotC: Elvenshae
    The FATE of the Rebellion PBP
    FotR on Obsidian Portal