As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[D&D 4E OOC] The Residuum Revolution Arcane and Strange

• Options
    daniantdaniant Columbus, OhioRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mnemo will need to double-move in order to get within throwing distance, I think. Unless he's got some super-great-happy-funtimes power that I have forgotten about.

daniant on
  • Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strange:

Divine Paladin needs weapon badly. Insert quarter!

dresdenphile on
    steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strange

If you've got a 6 movement, you can move to H11 or 12, dump the stuff through the bars, then have a minor action left over in case you need it (equip your weapon?). That way Tordain and the other two on that side of the cell can grab their weapons, run over to the fight and relieve our poor, beat up leaders while they retreat to heal and grab their stuff.

Sound like a plan, guys?

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    UnsaltedUnsalted Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sounds good, I will wait til the drop to act then.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    FinkleFinkle Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I know I'm not the priority for healing right now, but if we can get our swordmage up and running ten Dietrich could really do with a little bit of love before the next enemy turn, or I suspect he'll be hitting the ground pretty quickly...

Finkle on
  • Options
    TuranosTuranos Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strange

As noted I didn't have the movement to actually be throwing things to people directly, so I took Palington's advice and moved to H11, then lobbed the weapons onto the bunk nearest the door. You guys should be able to grab them on your way to the fight.

Turanos on
  • Options
    streeverstreever Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    sorry folks--a fellow I know was shot Thursday night--we had a memorial ride for him Friday & a full memorial today--so a bit away from the computer. I'll be in service tomorrow.

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange:

Turanos and Lord Paly-

Those black lines represent walls, so unless Mnemo has phasing as well as invisibility, he's not getting that far. I'm going to place him at the door at K13 and then he can throw the weapons to the second bunk. I've moved your tokens on the map. If you'd like to do something else instead, let me know.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    streever wrote: »
    sorry folks--a fellow I know was shot Thursday night--we had a memorial ride for him Friday & a full memorial today--so a bit away from the computer. I'll be in service tomorrow.

I am so sorry for your loss. Take all the time you need- RL always comes first.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I've honestly been confused as to exactly where the door is to that office so when Palington suggested a square I just presumed he knew what he was talking about. That turn works for me instead, though, as it accomplishes almost the same thing. I'll edit my post to match.

Turanos on
  • Options
    Lord PalingtonLord Palington he.him.his History-loving pal!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Sorry, I assumed the door was two squares big, not one. My bad guys!

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    The door is that brown thing sticking out of the black wall. It looks like a turd, to be fair.

I'll see if I can come up with some better images next time. Making the map on my lunch break is not the best plan ever, it seems.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That's cool, it all still works out quite well so our master plan of "pick up sharp things and hit people with them" is still a go.

Turanos on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane

I can't hit, but got a good heal roll. I hope you don't mind me putting words into Fyden's mouth.

Bhow on
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane:

Streever, I think your attack actually kills dragonborn 1 - Dietrich had previously taken it down to 1 HP.

Also, welcome back. Sorry for your loss :(.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    No problem at all, Bhow :)

Anyone want a surge +4 healing? We're all pretty beat up. I have one more heal I can drop, and figure I should do it now before the bad guys next turn.

Dragonborn 1 is dead, leaving us pretty safe, but still.

Also, Alise can take 3 THP for killing a minion this round--you are looking pretty beat up.

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    thanks mighty, I appreciate it.

I realized I messed it up, but, the forums aren't letting me edit it--keep saying "servers busy"--I'll get it in shortly!

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arcane

I imagine any one of us could do with that healing surge, tbh! Hibiki seems to be the most beat up though - I'll take the time to drop my second wind if I survive till the next round...

Finkle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    OK, heal incoming for hibiki!

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Post coming soon strange. Sorry for the delay.

Unsalted on
  • Options
    HorseshoeHorseshoe Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DOOR!!!

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    That will have to do til i can close. Thought orokos was going to bless me with another decent roll so i could at least take him out with that. :( Alas, wasted action points - i know thee well...

Unsalted on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    well take solace that the cap'n ain't long for this world

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange:
    BTW, I calculated Ladej's surge + 4 before I brought him down to negatives again. :D

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I'm sure you'll all be fine, but it's death save city in both groups right now.

Just a reminder, you all have action points, guys.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    :winky: Figured I would finish up that dude. Hope no one mind me going again so fast.

I like to think Elias just unloaded a whole clip. 8-)

Unsalted on
  • Options
    Witch_Hunter_84Witch_Hunter_84 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    ARCANE

Dawwww, I knew the dice would turn against me at some point, but not like this. Not like this!

Witch_Hunter_84 on
    If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten in your presence.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    ARCANE

Cheers for the healing Riishi!

Dietrich is planning on dropping Raging Tempest on the mysterious figure if he survives into the next round, so if you're planning on attacking her you may want to wait until it is active if you fancy an extra 1d6 worth of damage. I'll try to post quickly! (although I do live in the UK, so I'll understand if you don't wanna wait while I sleep :P)

Finkle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange

Do we have a way to get Ladej back on his feet, or are we going to have a few hilarious heal checks?

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Found out that I got into the Virtual Table beta - woot! (or did everyone get this?)

Finkle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dani:

Is the hand crossbow of El Rey Lagarto happen to be one of the items thrown on to the bunk?

I missed that somehow.

Horseshoe on
    dmsigsmallek3.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    we are getting our butts kicked!
    hopefully the +1 to attack will come in handy for one of you
    when you go NOVA and just slaughter the spy
    also, I can grant someone +2 to their next attack--just let me know, and I'll retcon it in to this turn, if you have a big power you want to drop

streever on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    I vote for giving our friendly warlock the +2

Finkle on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange

Mnemo has the only two things it brought in and isn't interested in pursuing or stealing from the guards. So while I'm not going to do anything else IC unless addressed you can consider me ready to move on.

Turanos on
  • Options
    AegofAegof Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Strange
    Just did the math; Ladej has used 4 of his 7 surges. The three remaining can get him back to full, but then that's it.

Let's not count on me defendering for a while.

Aegof on
    I'm providing ambience.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Strange

Good thing we've got the paladin back up to snuff, and Tordain should be ready to wade into some melee. Just a reminder, he's a unity Avenger. I get damage bonuses when you guys are adjacent to my oath target, and some of my powers trigger off of similar situations. Basically, he was an avenger trained to be part of a unit, not a solitary striker.

As far as our party's direction, Tordain will take his stuff, he's not about to resort to petty theft. He's ready to roll out as soon as he has all of his belongings.

Lord Palington on
    SrUxdlb.jpg
  • Options
    mightyjongyomightyjongyo Sour Crrm East Bay, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane:

Wow, I got lucky - barely standing with 1 HP =D.

mightyjongyo on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Horseshoe wrote: »
    Dani:

Is the hand crossbow of El Rey Lagarto happen to be one of the items thrown on to the bunk?

I missed that somehow.

Absolutely. You get bonuses with it if you're naked from the waist up.

daniant on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Alright guys, between the server being busy and me being out of town for a few days, my posting is going to drop considerably this weekend.

Arcane: Go ahead and keep whaling on the nk'barra.

Strange: I'm going to post a picture of the town you're in as well as a world map. I'm also going to PM you guys with what you got picked up on (for some of you it will be obvious). You will need to formulate a strategy for getting out of town and you will also need some idea of where you are going. There was the weird dream you all had. There are also problems with the nk'barra (none of you like them). Now is also a good time to do a little RP and get to know each other. Have at it!

Also, if you need to know anything, ask away.

daniant on
  • Options
    BhowBhow Sunny day, sweeping the clouds away. On my way to where the air is sweet.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arcane

So, why is an elf working for the Nk'barra...?

(If she's doing so unwillingly (if her family is held hostage, or something like that), she could be a valuable asset: providing us Nk'barra movements, passwords, etc.)

Dani: Any objection to using encounter healing powers between encounters (assuming they recharge every five minutes or so)?

Bhow on