Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Starcraft 2: Patch 1.3 on SEA! Notes on Page 93 (too long for OP)

SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
edited March 2011 in Games and Technology
starcraft-2-logo.jpg

teamliquidjacewallaceidra.jpg

Want more?
Artwork provided by forum member Wakkawa. Visit his site and buy some amazing work at inexpensive prices. Commissions available!

The Starcraft II discussion thread

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJbAT1wzS8U

MNC Dover and the SC2 thread people proudly present:

The Weekly Forum Challenge!
Spoiler:

WFC #1

Our very first WFC player will be mEEksa! Here's his info:

B.net id: mEEks.331
Race: Random
Coaching: No thanks.
Time Zone: EST
Match format: Bo3

Enjoy your St. Patrick's Day weekend people, but be prepared to raise hell and throw down hard come Sunday. PM, post, or b.net message mEEks to set up times!

Join in on weekly tournament fun. Two tournaments available, one for lower leagues and one for the higher leagues.

logotitle.png

Replay of the day!

A new feature where the thread creator will grab a random replay posted in the thread and feature it here on the front page. Make sure to upload your replay submissions to submit your replay using gamereplays.org.

repimg-33-197076.jpg

Start here to better craft some stars.
Spoiler:

OK that's all cool, but I want to play with some PA people. Easy, follow these 5 simple steps.
Spoiler:

A list of other PA related SC2 stuff.
Spoiler:

Seguer on

• Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User
    edited March 2011
    You guys recommended grubby but so far he isn't doing anything. :(

• JAEFJAEF Unstoppably Bald Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Team Liquid's Streamlist - If you're looking for a specific race/skill stream to watch or just want something interesting, this is always an awesome stream list.

SCCalendar - An awesome tool for keeping track of when tourneys/showmatches events are coming up. Windows program, runs in your tray, also keeps watch on streams and VODs. Pretty cool program.

Battle.net ID: Jaef#1126 -- Steam: Jaef -- PSN: Jaef -- League of Legends: Jaef
  • kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You guys recommended grubby but so far he isn't doing anything. :(

In our defense it's better when he does something.

lancealot_zpsb9e62895.png
  • SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Streaming laddering, 1v1 or 2v2 (with Lazerz)!

http://www.own3d.tv/live/9632

• DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Seguer is a butt.

Tube-san wrote:
    I apologise for my rudeness desu.
  • MMMigMMMig Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So it's 2 hours until the day9/husky panel and there's already a line of over 100 people waiting. Geeeeez. In typing this, it just doubled.

Witty signature comment goes here...

wra
  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User
    edited March 2011
    My spring break resolution is to relearn Starcraft, I am looking forward to a glorious week of Day 9 streaming and if I stop totally sucking maybe some laddering!

pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
  • WhatWhat Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • SeguerSeguer Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    That's in the damn OP, Duld.

edited March 2011
    No unicorns in the op. You have failed seguer.3

wra
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Dhalphir wrote: »
    you boost nexus on 11, not on 10, once the pylon is done.

i assume that was what you meant though.
    You can often fit it in before the 10th Probe finishes.

unless your 10th probe beginning is delayed somehow, there will always be at least a couple seconds of supply blocked time and chronoing the 10th probe is a waste of some chrono time.
    I'm fairly sure it depends on things like if you're walling, if you're pairing Probes up on close patches, where you place your first Pylon, etc. Possibly even if you 9 scout. It's only a second or two of the 10th Probe that can be Chrono'd, so it's not a big deal.

• MNC DoverMNC Dover Aspiring Game Designer Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    One hours too late. Ah well. Seg, make sure to keep the RotD going.

And yes MMMig, there certainly are unicorns in the OP.

http://www.gamesbygray.com (my website and resume)
    Nintendo Network ID: MNC.Dover
    XBL Gamertag: MNC Dover
    Starcraft II: MNCDover.235
    3DS: 1934-0659-5183
    Hero Academy: MNC_Dover
    edited March 2011
    Oh, I see them now. Travesty averted! ^_^'

wra
  • StreltsyStreltsy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So has anyone else done the TSL3 brackets prediction contest thing?
    I did mine pretty quickly, just going with players I like:
    Winner: Jinro
    2nd: Tyler
    3rd: MVP

http://wiki.teamliquid.net/starcraft2/User:Streltsy/TSL3Bracket

I really think Jinro and Tyler are going to bring us some of the most entertaining games just because they are so methodical in their planning and preparation when they need to be. So that's why I picked them, not necessarily because they are the strongest.

Feels like every match is hard to pick since I like a lot of the players, would be just as happy to see boxer, idra, ret, or nada doing well.

410239-1.png
  • DhalphirDhalphir don't you open that trapdoor you're a fool if you dareRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Tyler will beat Jinro.
    Spoiler:

Tube-san wrote:
  • Bruce ForsythBruce Forsyth Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Duld is such a blue dot whore.

• Fizban140Fizban140 Registered User, __BANNED USERS
    edited March 2011
    Tyler is the reason I play protoss, what a boss.

533570-1.png
  • peacekeeperpeacekeeper Brisbane, AustraliaRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    tyler seems to be putting in the practice for tsl3

whether it's enough to beat nada? nope ;D

edited March 2011
    i dont know why you guys keep fapping over NaDa.

he's not a god terran by a long shot

Tube-san wrote:
  • romanqwertyromanqwerty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is the PAX live-cast being streamed anywhere?

• Walrus von ZeppelinWalrus von Zeppelin Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Are you saying Tyler is more accomplished than nada?

Is Tyler asian?

• kedinikkedinik Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think NaDa gets too much SC2 credit on the strength of his Brood War background.

Seems to make bad decisions and get stomped when he faces strong opponents.

Pretty much the same situation as BoxeR.

lancealot_zpsb9e62895.png
    edited March 2011
    Not exactly, Boxer is a legend but he isn't Nada.

Nada is one of most consistent bonjwas ever. That doesn't sound exciting, but when you consider that just about every other legend (boxer, oov, yellow, savior) eventually got to a point where they couldn't compete at top levels anymore then it becomes a lot more impressive.
    Similar situation with July, but not as much.

Is Nada the favourite in TSL3? Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise anyone who knows his history if he won convincingly.

410239-1.png
  • verpakeyesverpakeyes Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Where is Day 9 streaming tonight?

pajoewangsexcrow.jpgXBOX live: verpa 15
    edited March 2011
    Do you wanna know how boss day9 is? He high fived EVEryonE, literarily.

wra
    edited March 2011
    Streltsy wrote: »
    Not exactly, Boxer is a legend but he isn't Nada.

Nada is one of most consistent bonjwas ever. That doesn't sound exciting, but when you consider that just about every other legend (boxer, oov, yellow, savior) eventually got to a point where they couldn't compete at top levels anymore then it becomes a lot more impressive.
    Similar situation with July, but not as much.

Is Nada the favourite in TSL3? Maybe not, but it wouldn't surprise anyone who knows his history if he won convincingly.

It also wouldn't surprise anyone who has been paying attention to his SC2 history to see him lose to TLO in the first round.

Tube-san wrote:
    edited March 2011
    Defending Korean 4 Warpgate once you scout the probes being pulled off gas then exploiting your advantage for the win.

repimg-33-195491.jpg

Tube-san wrote:
    edited March 2011
    He got knocked out by July 3-2 this season, who is now in the finals (who everyone also doubted as a guy coasting on his BW status). In GSL January, he similarly got knocked out by MKP in some very close games (who was already a GSL champion and went on to finals.

His SC2 history is that he's a very good (Ro8 GSL) player, if not a bonjwa like in BW, yet.
    edit: Did TLO make GSL Ro8 when he was in Korea? (I believe he was knocked out Ro64 or Ro32, if you want to talk about SC2 history.)

410239-1.png
  • mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I like JulyZerg, he is a boss

ByalIX8.png
    edited March 2011
    I agree he's a good player, but its not going to be a roflstomp or certain victory over TLO for him the way some people are acting.

Tube-san wrote:
    edited March 2011
    Been trying out some warp prism harass in some games.

I take back everything bad I ever said about warp prisms. They might not be as easy or fluid to get to as Terran drops, but they are much more powerful once you do get Charge on your zealots and a few weapon upgrades for them.

repimg-33-195492.jpg

Tube-san wrote:
    edited March 2011
    nada will beat tlo 2-0, and then play a bo3 of bo3s and win 2-0 in all of them

• PoolCuePoolCue Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I feel like a dog, marking my territory

edited March 2011
    PoolCue your opinion is wrong and here's why

• Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I haven't played SC2 since I had to wipe my hard drive, but I'm wanting to get back into it.

I own the digital-download version, but Blizzard's downloader is slow as fuck (even after disabling peer connection). Is there any other LEGAL way to get the installer a bit quicker, or is the official blizz downloader the only one?

camo_sig2.png
  • tuxkamentuxkamen Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    To save everyone heartache and finger energy: I meant after the pylon pops.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Spoiler:
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
    edited March 2011
    find someone who owns a dvd copy!

edited March 2011
    PvP Colossus wars

Was a pretty good game. I thought he was trying to 4gate me because of all his saved chrono, but turns out he was just being shit and not spending it, because he went 3gate robo 1base colossus. Unfortunately for him, my first colossus was half done, while his robo bay was half done, AND I had sotpped to make an immortal first too, so I was able to safely expand and take my natural (you can take your natural when you're ahead on Colossi in PvP, no other time) and I was actually able to snipe his too.

Eventually the final battle was 9-10 colossi from me against 7-8 from him, I had 2/2 nearly 3/3 and he had 1/1 :(

The reason I post this? Super BM from him at the end and I Can't figure out why :( I didn't do anything particularly awful or even say all that much to him.

repimg-33-195499.jpg

Tube-san wrote:
  • His CorkinessHis Corkiness Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Been trying out some warp prism harass in some games.

I take back everything bad I ever said about warp prisms. They might not be as easy or fluid to get to as Terran drops, but they are much more powerful once you do get Charge on your zealots and a few weapon upgrades for them.

repimg-33-195492.jpg
    Are you watching these replays before posting them? You used the Warp Prism twice:

First time you warped in 2 Zealots and killed 1 Mule and 1 SCV. You were already ahead by 17 workers before this.

Second time you warped in 7 Zealots and killed 2 Reactors, a Starport and a couple of units. You were already ahead by 48(!) workers and 88(!) supply before this.

• musanmanmusanman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    replay of the day: if you can't expand at will using 6 sentries to hold me off forever it means I'm all in right?

repimg-33-195510.jpg

sic2sig.jpg