As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• MedopineMedopine __BANNED USERS regular
    edited November 2008
    It will be fairly standard Phalla style, 40 players, Red Mars themed. That's a book by Kim Stanley Robinson. You have time to read it before January so GET TO IT.

Medopine on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited November 2008
    Medopine wrote: »
    It will be fairly standard Phalla style, 40 players, Red Mars themed. That's a book by Kim Stanley Robinson. You have time to read it before January so GET TO IT.
    Wasn't there also a movie? :D

Aldo on
    edited November 2008
    Aldo wrote: »
    Medopine wrote: »
    Wasn't there also a movie? :D

Maybe with that name

Medopine on
    edited January 2009
    Hi, so I'm going to polish up the Red Mars Phalla this weekend and probably put up a signup thread on Sat or Sun, game to start Monday or Tuesday

Medopine on
  • LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Excellent. I have been waiting eagerly for this, Medo!

LaOs on
  • warbanwarban Who the Hoof do you think we are? Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to sign up for running a phalla at the end of this list.

warban on
    ACE ✰ PONY ✰ DETECTIVE!
    edited January 2009
    If any phalla vets are around today who are not planning on participating in Red Mars I'd love to run my final game plan by you, just drop me a PM - I'll probably be finished with it in a few hours

Medopine on
    edited January 2009
    okay so working on this...I uh, misunderestimated how much I'd already got done

so the signup may go up today or tomorrow not sure yet

Medopine on
    edited January 2009
    signup thread will go up this evening, first full day will end Wednesday night if people sign up fast enough

Medopine on
  • KilroyKilroy timaeusTestified Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to change the theme of my Phalla to Fallout 3.

Kilroy on
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'd like to be added to the list for a Phalla with a story of my own creation. We'll call it Nova Collision.

EDIT: I'll PM you details once I work it all out.

Nova_C on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I think Satan is banned and I'm not up for running a game solo. So unless he gets unbanned you should remove that from the list.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    You should contact Hylianbunny. He was going to do a Dark Knight mini at one point.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Incidentally, the name of my phalla will be Schizophalla.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2009
    I think Satan is banned and I'm not up for running a game solo. So unless he gets unbanned you should remove that from the list.
    I can help you if you want.

[Edit]
    Ah, I see Richy was on the ball with the removing...

LaOs on
  • MrMonroeMrMonroe passed out on the floor nowRegistered User regular
    edited January 2009
    Please !Remove my name from the list.

I simply don't have the time to keep up with a full-sized one of these things.

MrMonroe on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I would like to sign up to run a Phalla. I am still kinda new - but I jumped into Dungeon Mastering before I had ever played DnD as a player and that turned out pretty well. Anyway.

I would like to run a phalla, probably between 20-30 people. Based on this:
    thing.jpg

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited January 2009
    I'm going to sign up to run another. It occurred to me that a game based on Monster has not been run yet, and this needs to be rectified.

Savant on
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    There's an idea in my head for a Phalla based on the Ultima games. I'm start working out details, but add my name to the list. Thinking 50 players but I can't be sure yet.

EDIT: I think 50 players, think I know what to do with all the mechanics but the Avatar's which I'm still working out.

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • HylianbunnyHylianbunny Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Richy, mind putting me on the reviewers list in the OP? I haven't played in that many recently, but I think it's safe to say I've worked on enough of them behind the scenes by now. :lol:

Hylianbunny on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Same here, always willing to help.

And I may wind up changing my theme. I don't really want to, but I don't have much in mind beyond a very basic concept. If I get reinspired, I will keep it, but worse case scenario, I have other ideas.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited February 2009
    Done, done and done.

As long as the thread is active again, I'd like to put in a personal request; that game hosts warn me when their game ends so I can start PMing people for the next one. I don't usually read the game threads, so I tend to miss when they end and not notice when they fall off the front page.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited February 2009
    After some thought, I'm ditching the Alpha Centauri theme in favor of

feature_index_01.gif
    feature_index_02.gif
    feature_index_03.gif
    feature_index_04.gif
    feature_index_05.gif
    feature_index_06.gif

In hopes I'll have time to plan accordingly.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited March 2009
    There's my Phalla in CF if you're anxious to play now that the Fallout Phalla is done here.

... thanks! :D

LaOs on
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to !Sign Up to run a Cold War based phalla I've been working on for a couple weeks.

JamesKeenan on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    It's getting close to time for me run my game, so I'd really appreciate it if a more experience phalla host would look over my notes.

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
    edited April 2009
    Despite the fact that registration is down(which means I can't create the GM account I had in mind :( ), I've managed to salvage my computer from its untimely demise, so I should still be good to go.

Signups will likely go up tomorrow, mid-day or so.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited April 2009
    Okies, sign me up for Phalien...

Aliens, Factional

narvinye on
    edited April 2009
    I'd like to sign up for another Phalla hosting, with the (tentative) theme of Persona: Innocent Sin.

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited May 2009
    Jason Todd wrote: »
    It's getting close to time for me run my game, so I'd really appreciate it if a more experience phalla host would look over my notes.

Well, I'm next in line according to Richy.

Do you like House, but are too busy to play in a House themed phalla? Help me out and proof read my phalla. I promise you as much vicodin as you want!

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    I'm going to change my game's theme to Babylon 5: The Shadow War.

(Warning: it'll be complicated)

Savant on
    edited June 2009
    Savant wrote: »
    I'm going to change my game's theme to Babylon 5: The Shadow War.

(Warning: it'll be complicated)
    :O

I'd quit my job to have time to play that.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009
    My new job is going to make running a game very difficult. I should probably drop out of the list. :(

Nova_C on
    edited June 2009
    Nova_C wrote: »
    My new job is going to make running a game very difficult. I should probably drop out of the list. :(
    Or find someone to co-host with you?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009

You could just go "on hold" couldn't you?

Also, if you ever do get time for it, I can still look it over/help you if you wanted. I don't think you ever did send me anything...

LaOs on
    edited June 2009
    LaOs wrote: »

Also, if you ever do get time for it, I can still look it over/help you if you wanted. I don't think you ever did send me anything...

You never sent me your e-mail address. :P

I'd still like to host. Would there be a problem with me holding off deciding a bit, then, Richy?

Nova_C on
    edited June 2009

I'd still like to host. Would there be a problem with me holding off deciding a bit, then, Richy?
    Well alright, I've marked you as on hold until things settle down at your job. I don't want the list to get cluttered with people signing up then going on-hold until they feel like hosting, but one person with advanced warning and a legitimate reason is different. Let me know when you have time.

Also, congrats on the new job.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • thorgotthorgot there is special providence in the fall of a sparrowRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Richy wrote: »

Well alright, I've marked you as on hold until things settle down at your job. I don't want the list to get cluttered with people signing up then going on-hold until they feel like hosting, but one person with advanced warning and a legitimate reason is different. Let me know when you have time.

Also, congrats on the new job.

How can you be so sure it would get cluttered?
    :(

thorgot on
    campionthorgotsig.jpg
    edited June 2009
    thorgot wrote: »
    How can you be so sure it would get cluttered?
    :(
    Some people are signing up on a whim because they got an idea for a theme, then they forget about it and are caught completely unprepared when their turn comes up. For a while a short time ago the first three people on the list were on-hold, in fact. One of them just kept saying he can't, the other gave up responding to my PMs entirely, and the third, well, was me (my Phalla is ready, but I'm way too busy at work to host it, which is why I've teamed up with LaOs now). Eventually I got tired of it and deleted our three names from the list entirely (including mine - I don't give myself special treatment).

Why does that make you sad?

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited June 2009

Oh, it's in my profile... :P

[email protected] works.

LaOs on