As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Upcoming Games Thread

• LaOsLaOs SaskatoonRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    Richy wrote: »
    thorgot wrote: »
    How can you be so sure it would get cluttered?
    :(
    Some people are signing up on a whim because they got an idea for a theme, then they forget about it and are caught completely unprepared when their turn comes up. For a while a short time ago the first three people on the list were on-hold, in fact. One of them just kept saying he can't, the other gave up responding to my PMs entirely, and the third, well, was me (my Phalla is ready, but I'm way too busy at work to host it, which is why I've teamed up with LaOs now). Eventually I got tired of it and deleted our three names from the list entirely (including mine - I don't give myself special treatment).

Why does that make you sad?

The CF list is also plagued by the unready.

LaOs on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited June 2009
    This may seem out of left field, but some of you may recall the little project that MrBlarney and myself conceived here, based on Etrian Odyssey.

We've been considering work on a 'sequel' of sorts. It would be hosted in CF, but since D&D's playerbase contributed to the first project, I'd like to ask your input.

We want it to be much more player driven this time around, more Play By Post, kind of like a D&D(:lol:) game, I guess.

We do already have some basics in the works, but I would really appreciate some feedback on how the vets from the first project think Etrian Odyssey could be better for mass enjoyment.

Naturally, it will be based on the sequel: Heroes of Lagaard.

A Legend of a floating castle....

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    edited June 2009
    So, sign me up for a phalla. The theme will most probably be Touhou - I had a little mini test run in CF, and I promised to do a full phalla with the theme, so there it is.

Dac Vin on
  • SavantSavant Simply Barbaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    An update: I have a exam on July 15th that looks like it might be a bit harder than I thought it would be, so I would prefer starting after that if that is acceptable. I can have sign ups going before that, I'd just rather not be actually running it proper before that.

If sabs is still planning on running his mini then maybe he should run it this coming week.

Savant on
    edited July 2009
    Alright, done with all my test stuff and I'm working on finalizing roles for the B5 game. Since I'll probably finish sometime late at night, I'll put up sign ups tomorrow afternoon or thereabouts.

Savant on
    edited July 2009
    Sign-ups are up for the B5 game. Now for the arduous task of finishing up the role PMs.

Savant on
  • Jason ToddJason Todd Registered User regular
    edited July 2009
    I'd like to be put on the waiting list. American Phalladents: From Washington to Obama

Jason Todd on
    filefile.jpg
  • enlightenedbumenlightenedbum Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    So unless warban or Nova_C's real life stuff are resolved, I should start writing OPs and role PMs and what not, huh?

enlightenedbum on
    Self-righteousness is incompatible with coalition building.
  • Nova_CNova_C I have the need The need for speedRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Yeah, you should. :P

Rich, we were just awarded another contract, so I'll be more busy now, instead of less busy, so you should probably just take me off the list. :/

Nova_C on
  • cj iwakuracj iwakura The Rhythm Regent Bears The Name FreedomRegistered User regular
    edited August 2009
    This list moves way too fast. It's scary. Some of the CFers need to help lighten our burden and jump in. :P

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
  • JamesKeenanJamesKeenan Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    I'm going to have to withdraw my phalla. I had significantly more free time when I signed up, and that is no longer the case.

It's actually really a shame. I had like 17 different old phalla games as reference for the things I was doing. I had debated making it reverse mafia, mad scientists, aliens, zombies...

:(

JamesKeenan on
  • RichyRichy Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    enlightenedbum: Yes you should. Your game should get going around the 17th.

Nova_C & JamesKeenan: Roger that, and thanks for letting me know. Another option, if you have a good Phalla setup and you don't want it to go to waste, is to find someone else to host it and watch as a co-host. That's what I'm doing with LaOs, since I had a complete and interesting (IMO) Phalla written but no time to run it.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • narvinyenarvinye Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    Our (Nerissa & I) game's ready, however due to ship's schedule, we will be unable to host until (tentatively) 2nd week of September. If we can't get in that window, we'll be unable to run until January.

So do whatever you need to. If we have to drop to end of list and get back at this come Spring, we understand.

narvinye on
    edited August 2009
    narvinye wrote: »
    Our (Nerissa & I) game's ready, however due to ship's schedule, we will be unable to host until (tentatively) 2nd week of September. If we can't get in that window, we'll be unable to run until January.

So do whatever you need to. If we have to drop to end of list and get back at this come Spring, we understand.
    You'll be unable to host until the 2nd week of September... So you can host starting from the second week of September? Until when?

I think that could work. You're next in the list, after enlightenedbum. His Phalla starts mid-August, and an average Phalla takes two weeks, then is followed by a two-week break. That means you'd be starting in mid-September, around the end of the second week. How does that fit in your schedule?

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • NerissaNerissa Registered User regular
    edited August 2009

You'll be unable to host until the 2nd week of September... So you can host starting from the second week of September? Until when?

I think that could work. You're next in the list, after enlightenedbum. His Phalla starts mid-August, and an average Phalla takes two weeks, then is followed by a two-week break. That means you'd be starting in mid-September, around the end of the second week. How does that fit in your schedule?

That *should* work... his schedule has him home for just long enough to run a game -- like in the range of 10 days to 2 weeks, I don't have the exact dates, and even if I did they'd probably change between now and then. It's something like the 9th or so to the 20th or so IIRC. I'd probably have to put up sign-ups before he gets home, and hope like hell it doesn't run longer than average, because I don't think he gets internet access (other than email) while underway.

Nerissa on
  • AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    A phalla per snail mail sounds awesome.

Aldo on
    edited August 2009
    So, LaOs backed down. So I'm going to need another volunteer to co-host a Phalla with me. I've got the roles, powers, PMs, and even the first two nights' narrations written. But I have no time to host. I still want to co-host, if only to see how my game plays out and help out when I can.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited August 2009
    So, LaOs backed down. So I'm going to need another volunteer to co-host a Phalla with me. I've got the roles, powers, PMs, and even the first two nights' narrations written. But I have no time to host. I still want to co-host, if only to see how my game plays out and help out when I can.

Have you got any idea of how long of a hold warban and EB are going to be needing? Are you expecting to be hosting in November? January?

I *might* be able to help out in late October / early November, won't make any commitments for late November through December, but could probably manage January.

Nerissa on
    edited August 2009
    Nerissa wrote: »

Have you got any idea of how long of a hold warban and EB are going to be needing? Are you expecting to be hosting in November? January?

I *might* be able to help out in late October / early November, won't make any commitments for late November through December, but could probably manage January.

I am on hold until a) I am diagnosed with something and b) I figure out to pay for the ensuing medical treatments. Had another test today, hopefully something easily treatable is found and I'll be able to host the game after this next one. So who knows. I'll let Richy know when I know.

enlightenedbum on
    edited August 2009
    Innocent Sin has ended.

So naturally, I'd like to sign up to host the sequel.

ed5.jpg

Hopefully with more balance.

(And a lot more time to prepare :P)

cj iwakura on
    wVEsyIc.png
    edited August 2009
    Looks like we (Nerissa & I) will be running Phaliens (think of the movies Alien & Aliens) on or around Sept 18th.

narvinye on
    edited August 2009
    Looks like we (Nerissa & I) will be running Phaliens (think of the movies Alien & Aliens) on or around Sept 18th.
    And Sabs will be hosting a mini to keep people busy until then, if we can fit it in his schedule.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Look Out it's Sabs!Look Out it's Sabs! Registered User regular
    edited August 2009
    And Sabs will be hosting a mini to keep people busy until then, if we can fit it in his schedule.

Yeah I think I can, I will post the signups over the course of next weekand when I will be away, and it can start next monday.

Now I need to think of a theme.

Look Out it's Sabs! on
    NNID: Sabuiy
    3DS: 2852-6809-9411
  • WashWash Sweet Christmas Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    I'd like to do a Phalla, sort of a big city crime thriller noir thingy.

Wash on
    gi5h0gjqwti1.jpg
  • Julius CaezureJulius Caezure Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hello all. I wanted to pop in and let anyone interested know that I am running a miniphalla in CF designed especially for new players (6 games or less). It is a basic game of phalla for either 20, 25 or 30 players, depending on the level of interest.

I promise the game will be accessible, the roles will be open, each of you will be paired with a veteran player for tips and tricks, and whomever is voted the MVP will win candy. Like, real candy.

Also, for any history buffs, it is set before the Battle of Plataea. I am writing the narrations myself to hopefully provide some flavor to the game.

Please check it out here: Phallanx: A Newbie Phalla

Thanks!

Julius Caezure on
  • MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Work has calmed down significantly and I would like to re-register myself to run a Phalla. I have the rules ready to go and just need some help going over them and checking for balance. Anyone who wants to help out with this send me a PM.

My subject matter will be:

thing.jpg

John Carpenter's -- The Thing

I'm thinking between 25-30 players.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    Hey, what if I ran a D&D chess tournament? How would that fit into the gaming schedule?

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2009
    Hey, what if I ran a D&D chess tournament? How would that fit into the gaming schedule?
    That's an interesting question.

As a policy, we alternate Phalla and non-Phalla games. We don't have any non-Phalla games, so yours would go instantly to the top and be next after the current Phalla game. Moreover, again as a policy, very long, non-disruptive games with few players (such as the Diplomacy games) are allowed to run concurrently with other games. Chess is certainly a long and non-disruptive games. I don't know how much players you intend to start your tournament with, but I'm guessing that by the time we get to the second or third elimination round there'll be so few contestant left that Phallas will be able to resume.

Richy on
    sig.gif
  • Hi I'm Vee!Hi I'm Vee! Formerly VH; She/Her; Is an E X P E R I E N C E Registered User regular
    edited September 2009
    That's an interesting question.

As a policy, we alternate Phalla and non-Phalla games. We don't have any non-Phalla games, so yours would go instantly to the top and be next after the current Phalla game. Moreover, again as a policy, very long, non-disruptive games with few players (such as the Diplomacy games) are allowed to run concurrently with other games. Chess is certainly a long and non-disruptive games. I don't know how much players you intend to start your tournament with, but I'm guessing that by the time we get to the second or third elimination round there'll be so few contestant left that Phallas will be able to resume.
    I'm basically planning on taking as many people as want to participate, and doing some kind of round robin elimination thing until we get to 16 or 8 or whatever is a good tournament number.

I have literally no idea what kind of interest I'll get here.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited September 2009
    FYI, Aliens game finished last night.

Nerissa on
    edited September 2009
    Whoa, already? That was a quick game. I guess you weren't kidding in the thread title when you called it a bloodbath :P

Thanks for the head's up.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited September 2009
    Whoa, already? That was a quick game. I guess you weren't kidding in the thread title when you called it a bloodbath :P

Thanks for the head's up.

It was insane... 4 factions each had the option of a seer or vig each night, one had access to an extra kill for 3 nights, and they ALL chose to kill on nights 2 and 3. On top of the alien breeding program that kept increasing the bad guys' kills by at least one a night...

I think we had over 10 deaths a night for nights 2-4

Nerissa on
    edited September 2009
    signup to run yet another.

I won't be able to run till after December.

Have no clue as to the setting, but I'm pretty sure I'll be working on another faction game.

narvinye on
    edited September 2009
    Since they are starting to show it on October 12th, I guess I'm going to sign up to run a phalla based on Monster again.

Savant on
    edited October 2009
    Hey, so let me know when I can post signups for the chess tournament. I'm not on the game list, but I didn't know if that was an oversight or if you weren't sure whether I was "officially" signing up.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited October 2009
    Hey, so let me know when I can post signups for the chess tournament. I'm not on the game list, but I didn't know if that was an oversight or if you weren't sure whether I was "officially" signing up.
    Yeah, I didn't know if you were signing up or not.

Well, I guess I'll slip you ahead of the next Phalla player... which is... me. So you can sign-up on October 11th.

Richy on
    sig.gif
    edited December 2009
    *bump*

So what's going on with gaming in D&D? (wow, there's a double meaning)

Has everyone just lost interest, or is there anyone still wanting to play/run Phallas?

narvinye on
    edited December 2009
    I'm well enough, I'll be hosting mine after the New Year. Could have kicked it off this weekend, but with the holidays and what not Richy and I thought it best to wait.

enlightenedbum on
    edited December 2009
    I keep telling myself I'm going to start up the chess tournament again, but at this point I think I'm just fooling myself.

Hi I'm Vee! on
    vRyue2p.png
    edited January 2010
    Signs up for my Ultima (VII) Phalla are open! Thread is here.

enlightenedbum on