As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Weird spike in dead disk drives

DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
Has anyone else noticed a strange spike in the number of dead disk drives they're seeing recently? I've not had issues with any for months and this week alone I've had 3 (from seperate manufacturs, different ages etc). Obviously that's not statistically significant, but I remember reading a comment from someone else on here mentioning that they'd had a load of dead hard disks in recently.

If I was a mentalist I'd say something about 2012 / earths magnetic field changing. But I'm not, so I won't.

Anyway, anyone else seeing this? Weird coincidence? (pretty sure it is)

Deicist on

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    who was the manufacturer of the drives?

if you were looking for a trend, i'd start there first. i know Seagate's quality has dropped a ton in recent years, and Samsung drives have generally been known to be rock solid.

fightinfilipino on
    ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    DeicistDeicist Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    who was the manufacturer of the drives?

if you were looking for a trend, i'd start there first. i know Seagate's quality has dropped a ton in recent years, and Samsung drives have generally been known to be rock solid.

One samsung, one western digital and one...other. Toshiba I think.

Deicist on