As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Nintendo 3DS Thread: Out EVERYWHERE now! Friend Code extravaganza top of page one.

1565758596062»

• GraviijaGraviija Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I finally got my first 3DS game today (Samurai Warriors), and it is pretty cool. I haven't played a Dynasty Warriors-esque game since...DW3? A lot of fun after such a long absence.

Also, the battery is holding up surprisingly well. I've played about 2 hours today, had the thing in sleep mode since then, and I'm still at 4 bars. I was expecting hard shutdowns by now. Granted, I have the thing on level 2 brightness and power-saving, but it's much better than I'd been assuming.

Graviija on
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    How do I remove people who have not returned my friend requests?

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • VALVEjunkieVALVEjunkie Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    hahaha that Ok Go! video that come with the firmware is pretty cool.

oh, my friend code is 3093 7107 5265. I don't have any games yet, but I figured I'd get this out of the way.

VALVEjunkie on
  • OmeksOmeks Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Went ahead and added my friend code to the little website thing-a-jig on the OP. For reference, it's 1762-2677-9501.

Not that I have any games I can actually play online, I only have Ghost Recon and Ridge Racer 3D. Ironically, I tend to play more DS games than anything, which will probably be the case until the Ocarina of Time remake comes out.

Advance Wars DS is pretty great by the way.

Omeks on
    Online Info (Click Spoiler for More):
    |Xbox Live Tag: Omeks
    |PSN Tag: Omeks_R7
    |Rock Band: Profile|DLC Collection
    Omeks.png
  • ShadowfireShadowfire Vermont, in the middle of nowhereRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    The Doctor wrote: »
    It still wont let me add friends. It says I'm offline in the roster App but on the top screen the internet icon is blue.

Try setting your primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and your secondary to 8.8.4.4. This fixes that issue for a lot of people (myself included).

Shadowfire on
    WiiU: Windrunner ; Guild Wars 2: Shadowfire.3940 ; PSN: Bradcopter
  • slash000slash000 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    So, in Pilotwings, I might be the only one, but the Rocket Belt and super rocket belt are my favorite vehicles. It's so much easier to get a Perfect score on Missions with those things than the others. At least for me. The main thing is the landing. I always get 29 out of 30 when landing the plane or the glider.

For the curious, it took me about 5 to 6 hours to play through and get 3 stars on all the Missions. I have since put in another couple of hours into Free Flight mode, doing the rings/balloons/present boxes/etc. I will probably put a few more hours into that mode and spend a few hours getting Perfect scores on as many missions as I can.

It's a solid game with plenty of fun to be had.

slash000 on
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I know it's a bit late, but if anybody wants to be my friend:

1805-2193-8534

joshofalltrades on
  • apotheosapotheos Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited April 2011
    The only reason I don't play DS games on my 3DS is because the DSi XL is perfect in every way.

apotheos on

猿も木から落ちる
  • Xenogears of BoreXenogears of Bore Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    XL is a really good system and I'm very glad I got one. The battery life on that thing is insane once you turn down the brightness and leave the Wifi off.

Xenogears of Bore on
    3DS CODE: 3093-7068-3576
  • jothkijothki Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I somehow managed to get two Streetpass tags off of the same guy in the same day, just by going to a food court for lunch and then walking through it on my way home. That makes four tags in the past three days. I'm starting to be curious who he is.

jothki on
  • Sangheili91Sangheili91 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    why oh why is the stylus kept in the back of the system?

im very happy with my 3ds but this is seriously a very large thorn in my side

Sangheili91 on
  • Raiden333Raiden333 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011

so that we have one more reason to buy the 3DS mk2.

(yes, I am a cynic, why do you ask?)

Raiden333 on
    There was a steam sig here. It's gone now.
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Not on my system. The game from the plaza menu is called StreetPass Quest and the top option in the screenshot above is 'Venture Forth' rather than 'Find Mii'. EU vs US differences?

Yeah, my Australian 3DS has those names for that stuff.
    dabicho wrote: »
    SirUltimos wrote: »
    Am I the only one here who's terrible at Street Fighter? Whenever I manage to eke out a victory it's an event. I should get some fireworks.
    I am pretty bad too. On first play I could beat arcade with Cammy on medium (with a couple of retries).
    I haven't been able to do it again with other characters, so I switched to easy after too many tries to beat Seth with Ibuki. Which using easy has not helped with.
    I have harvested like 130 figures already and only beat seth once with Cammy on medium and once with Chun Li and Makoto on easy. After Ibuki I'll try that Bruce Lee look alike.
    Tried online play twice and lost both matches.

It's been ages since I've played Street Fighter and I'm re-learning everything about the characters I used. The stick is really good at pulling off the types of special moves I use, but I just got my assed kicked in normal a few matches in, so it's still a work in progress.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • TheUnsane1TheUnsane1 PhiladelphiaRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Raiden333 wrote: »

so that we have one more reason to buy the 3DS mk2.

(yes, I am a cynic, why do you ask?)

As a left handed gamer I am 100% in favor of this placement vs previous models.

TheUnsane1 on
    steam_sig.png
  • XaviarXaviar Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm not minding the stylus placement as much as I thought I would.

The biggest issue for me was (I thought) going to be games like pokemon where I'm constantly pulling the stylus out and putting it back in, but I've found if I leave the stylus extended, and just let it sit loosely in the holder and grab it back out when I need it, it isn't really an issue at all.

So.. My $0.02

Xaviar on
  • PaperLuigi44PaperLuigi44 My amazement is at maximum capacity. Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I'm left handed with pens and the placement on the Lite was fine, it doesn't take me a second to pass the stylus to my left hand while still holding the console. It's slightly awkward picking it out of the 3DS for me.

But then again I got an extra telescopic stylus with my accessory pack, so I don't have to fish my stylus out of the 3DS if I don't want to.

PaperLuigi44 on
  • Jam WarriorJam Warrior Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MarioG wrote: »

It's hidden under 'edit' on your settings bit of the list rather than by going to their card.

Jam Warrior on
    MhCw7nZ.gif
  • MarioGMarioG Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    MarioG wrote: »

It's hidden under 'edit' on your settings bit of the list rather than by going to their card.

Thank you!

MarioG on
    Kay wrote:
    Mario, if Slenderman had a face, I would punch him in it.

Hey, I have a blog! (Actually being updated again!)

3DS: 0860-3240-2604
  • ZerokkuZerokku Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Okay, playing some SSFIV3d and just had one of the most intense matches I've ever had in a fighting game. Me playing Cammy, and my opponent playing Ken. We were pretty evenly matched, but he beat me the first round. Second round I caught on to some of his moves and countered accordingly, such as flash-kicking as he opened with whatever the spinning kick move is. Won that one, but not by a lot. The final match though? Both of us dodging moves left and right, guessing eachothers movements, etc. He got me down a couple times, and had the lovely idea of doing a charge move on me right as I got up. After this happened a couple times, I must have had 1 health, as there was nothing in my bar. Quickly mashed the ultra combo, and the moment it finished, did the super combo, and won it.

Holy shit, that was an adrenaline rush. So much fun.

Zerokku on
  • RehabRehab Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    This thread has run its course, much like the Virtual Boy did in its heyday.

Here is the new thread for your 3DS discussion purposes: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/showthread.php?p=18914041#post18914041

Rehab on
    NNID: Rehab0
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Man, I'm awful at Street Fighter. I haven't played Street Fighter before, and I haven't played anything like it since what might have been the original Tekken. And I was awful at Tekken.
    I just had to use a continue on the arcade mode on Very Easy. Also, I think I'm already learning some bad habits, like spamming crouch + kick. But I can Hadouken almost on cue, which has to be a decent start.

If anyone from Australia has SSFIV and is at least as bad as me, I'd be happy to give you a game.

AnteCantelope on
  • LorahaloLorahalo Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    I don't know what it is about SF (or fighting games in general) that make me completely unable to pull off button combos. The only fighting game I've ever been good at was SSBM and that's only because there were no combos made with button commands. I can't pull off a super or ultra to save my life. I can barely Shoryuken as it is.

Lorahalo on
    I have a podcast about Digimon called the Digital Moncast, on Audio Entropy.
  • Mace1370Mace1370 Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Lorahalo wrote: »
    I don't know what it is about SF (or fighting games in general) that make me completely unable to pull off button combos. The only fighting game I've ever been good at was SSBM and that's only because there were no combos made with button commands. I can't pull off a super or ultra to save my life. I can barely Shoryuken as it is.

It's a lot harder on the DS, imo. The controls are just so tiny it can be very awkward to press the right buttons. I have essentially given up all hope of ever playing in pro mode.

Mace1370 on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited April 2011
    apotheos wrote: »
    The only reason I don't play DS games on my 3DS is because the DSi XL is perfect in every way.

I keep feeling like I should try to sell my XL, but it's just so damn wonderful. Now it's sitting beside my DS Lite Pokemon Edition on the 'things I cant part with' shelf.

Mr Pink on
  • taliosfalcontaliosfalcon Registered User regular
    edited April 2011
    Mace1370 wrote: »
    Lorahalo wrote: »

It's a lot harder on the DS, imo. The controls are just so tiny it can be very awkward to press the right buttons. I have essentially given up all hope of ever playing in pro mode.

after a bit of getting used to it i'm actually finding it easier on the 3ds, mainly because it has an *awesome* d-pad as opposed to the mushy pieces of crap the ps360 have

taliosfalcon on
    steam xbox - adeptpenguin
  • MASeffectMASeffect Registered User regular
    Hey everyone! I finalllly got a 3ds. I felt lame not gathering badges at last pax east! I have NO friends on it though... PAX TO THE RESCUE!!! Heres my friend code! I got New Super Mario Bros, Poke White, and of couse Zelda Ocarina. 0173-1454-4284!!!

lloyehipr7341342326762.png
  • RizziRizzi Sydney, Australia.Registered User regular
    Man, I'm awful at Street Fighter. I haven't played Street Fighter before, and I haven't played anything like it since what might have been the original Tekken. And I was awful at Tekken.
    I just had to use a continue on the arcade mode on Very Easy. Also, I think I'm already learning some bad habits, like spamming crouch + kick. But I can Hadouken almost on cue, which has to be a decent start.

If anyone from Australia has SSFIV and is at least as bad as me, I'd be happy to give you a game.

I think I might be picking it up later on this week. Maybe Thursday or Friday. So I'll probably be seventeen different levels of terrible.

This discussion has been closed.