As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Boston Game Night - July Edition - Tuesday, July 29th - Khadour's Last Stand

• Options
    LTAcostaLTAcosta Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I just requested the entire week of my birthday off work (last week of january), so I should have no problem making the January gaming night!

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    So, tomorrow night is our November gathering - any game requests? I'm planning on bringing Cards Against Humanity and the first expansion pack, as well as 7 Wonders + the Leaders expansion. I'll toss in the usual mix of other fun stuffs (Ticket To Ride, Stone Age, etc.). Anyone have anything they particularly want to play?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    There's a 95% chance I'll be there tomorrow night. I'll be bringing PA: Gamers vs. Evil with me.
    LTAcosta wrote:
    I just requested the entire week of my birthday off work (last week of january), so I should have no problem making the January gaming night!

Wow. Sounds like you are planning quite the party.

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    So it looks like there's this thing this weekend: http://gp4cp.org/ Saturday, 7pm, Cambridge, MA

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    trinistandtrinistand Registered User regular
    By the way, Distant Worlds is in Boston in March. Anyone interested?

• Options
    VeritasVRVeritasVR Registered User regular
    Ugh. I've missed the last THREE of these and I think I'm going to miss the next one.

Stupid work... having me do things. RRRRRGH

CoH_infantry.jpg
    Let 'em eat fucking pineapples!
  • Options
    punzie wrote:
    So it looks like there's this thing this weekend: http://gp4cp.org/ Saturday, 7pm, Cambridge, MA

Hmm... that looks interesting. Anyone planning on going?

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Was great seeing everyone last night - a good time was had by all! Now, what's all this talk about a Yankee Swap at the next one?

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• Options
    edited November 2011
    $60 for Child's Play last night in exchange for cookies! ^.^
    LTAcosta wrote:
    punzie wrote:

Hmm... that looks interesting. Anyone planning on going?

I know a couple people who are at least thinking about going. Acumen and, uh, GeekStanton (at least, that's his twitter name), I believe are planning on it. Lexy expressed some interest to me last night and FatherVenom and I are talking about it. So, it sounds like a lot of maybes :P
    Khadour wrote:
    Was great seeing everyone last night - a good time was had by all! Now, what's all this talk about a Yankee Swap at the next one?

I guess this was my thing, so I'm making the rules (mwahahahahaha!).
    Basic idea: Bring (wrapped) presents. Everyone who brings a present will get to choose a random present from the pile. At the end, if someone else got something you like better, you can try to trade/barter with them.
    Some rules: Joke gifts are discouraged. No one wants to be that one person who wound up with a lame joke gift when everyone else got something awesome. (Also, Andre has threatened to get violent on anyone who brings a joke gift.) Suggested price cap is $20.
    Present ideas: This should be easy. We all enjoy games (video and board), PAX, and, let's face it, drinking. Here are some general suggestions:
    Bananagrams
    Cards Against Humanity
    We Didn't Playtested This at All (or This Either)
    Zombie/Cthulhu dice
    Munchkin expansions
    assorted miniatures
    dice/dice bags
    fantasy books
    just about anything Wil Wheaton
    your favorite movie
    Wii/360/PS3 points
    handmade items
    zombie/Cthulhu/Pokemon/Doctor Who -related things
    drinking paraphernalia (shot glasses, coasters, mugs, etc)

I'd steer away from straight up alcohol. The people at JJ's do love us, but they'd still probably frown on us providing our own drinks.
    Also, ThinkGeek has a full under $20 section: http://www.thinkgeek.com/interests/giftsunder20/?icpg=leftnav_giftsunder20 (Just be careful there because some of those items could easily fall into the prank/useless category. [Annoy-a-trons not allowed!])
    Anything to add?

Also, it falls on Lexi's birthday, so bonus points for bringing something extra for her.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    Khadour wrote:

Awesome as always. Gigabrain, I still have your missing zombie die, it was lonely on tuesday.

Sweet ideas Punzie, count me in for Yankee swap. Now just gotta think of something good to bring.

• Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    I'll be down for the Yankee swap, just need to remember to buy a gift ><

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    More on GP 4 CP http://gp4cp.org/ (Gold Points for Child's Play)
    Their website is kinda lacking, so here's some info I gathered:
    - 7pm @ Microsoft's New England Research & Development center (1 Memorial Dr, Cambridge)
    - 3rd annual. They've done this before.
    - $10 registration. Cash only accepted at the door. You can preregister on their site, but there is no actual ticket. Bring an ID that will match the card you use to pay.
    - Raffles! TBD. No idea what items will be raffled. It looks like maybe someone won a Wii last year? If you preregister, you get 2 free raffle tickets. More can be bought at the event.
    - Fully catered food and drink (alcohol). I don't know if this is all you can eat/open bar, or if you get a predetermined number of drink tickets, or what.
    - Current gen systems (and a smattering of games?) will be present. A DnD campaign will be run by the organizers.
    - Feel free to bring your own controllers/memory cards/dice/games (video and tabletop).

I think that's all I got. I'm going and it looks like a few others from our normal gamenight crew will also be there :) (twitter told me so)

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    punzie wrote:
    More on GP 4 CP http://gp4cp.org/ (Gold Points for Child's Play)
    Their website is kinda lacking, so here's some info I gathered:
    - 7pm @ Microsoft's New England Research & Development center (1 Memorial Dr, Cambridge)
    - 3rd annual. They've done this before.
    - $10 registration. Cash only accepted at the door. You can preregister on their site, but there is no actual ticket. Bring an ID that will match the card you use to pay.
    - Raffles! TBD. No idea what items will be raffled. It looks like maybe someone won a Wii last year? If you preregister, you get 2 free raffle tickets. More can be bought at the event.
    - Fully catered food and drink (alcohol). I don't know if this is all you can eat/open bar, or if you get a predetermined number of drink tickets, or what.
    - Current gen systems (and a smattering of games?) will be present. A DnD campaign will be run by the organizers.
    - Feel free to bring your own controllers/memory cards/dice/games (video and tabletop).

I think that's all I got. I'm going and it looks like a few others from our normal gamenight crew will also be there :) (twitter told me so)

Depending on when I get out of drill on saturday I might be going

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Susan69Susan69 Registered User regular
    Andre and I will be there on Saturday as long as I feel ok. I've felt like a thousand butts since after gaming night. :(
    I guess this is something I can find out, but does anyone know if there is parking at this venue, or is it right by a t stop?
    And Andre and I will definitely be participating in the yankee swap...and I like your version of the rules, too, Punzie. I hate it when anyone can take the gift you got and you can't do anything about it!!

• Options
    septagonseptagon Registered User regular
    I'm going to try and get Saturday night off but I have a feeling it isn't going to be easy. *crossed fingers*

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Susan69 wrote:
    Andre and I will be there on Saturday as long as I feel ok. I've felt like a thousand butts since after gaming night. :(
    I guess this is something I can find out, but does anyone know if there is parking at this venue, or is it right by a t stop?

Lexi? Are you Susan on the forums?
    Sorry to here your not feeling good. :(
    Parking: I've been told there is on site parking, $15 for the night.
    MBTA:Looks like it's about a 5-10 minute walk from Kendall station on the red line. Basically walk down Main St, back towards the water, then turn right on Memorial Dr. Although the red line is being done by bus service this weekend. I assume that means it'll be slower. Don't know what other ramifications it may have.

punzie on
    HI3789R.png
  • Options
    TheAggroCraigTheAggroCraig Ultimate Lucky Douchebag MassachusettsRegistered User regular
    I think I'll actually be able to make the 27th meetup

• Options
    Seductive KittySeductive Kitty Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Sadly, I won't be able to make this next meetup.

Seductive Kitty on
  • Options
    burnttoast45burnttoast45 Registered User regular
    I haven't been able to make it in a long time, and sadly can't make this one either. Hopefully I'll be there come the new year. I miss you guys ;P

• Options
    Its kind of looking like ill be able to make the Yankee Swap. Trying my hardest to shuffle around my family Christmas plans to make time.

• Options
    MagnifiedXMagnifiedX [E] PC Security Boston, MARegistered User regular
    I might actually be able to make the next meetup, pending finances.

• Options
    See you all tomorrow - don't forget to bring a gift for the Yankee Swap, if you are so inclined as to participate . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Was great seeing everyone last night, and it sounds like everyone was happy with their yankee swap gift. See everyone next month!

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Yankee Swap was pretty awesome, definitely one of the best Yankee Swaps I've been in (Last one I was in I ended up with a used and broken CD drive!)

Thanks Punzie for organizing it and good times as always!

• Options
    I will finally be able to attend! I've been waiting forever, and its soo close!

AN9buWz.png
  • Options
    Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    guys I am SO SAD, but I will, alas, be unable to attend until after PAX. This is because I unfortunately have class from 6:00 pm - 10:00 pm Tuesdays now. :(

Sorry. I will miss you all.

See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • Options
    The Yankee swap was the bomb...I LOVE my Mario blanket. It is so amazing. The Star Wars clock was really nice, too, but I am glad it ended up with someone who likes Star Wars. :) Thank you Punzie for organizing the whole thing!!

• Options
    I'll finally be able to make it to the game night next month. My Scouts decided to change their meeting night for the next couple months.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options
    I'm glad the not-quite-Yankee swap was a success. Seems like everyone liked their presents :)
    Collected $63 for cookie brigade/child's play

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    gigabrain wrote:
    I'll finally be able to make it to the game night next month. My Scouts decided to change their meeting night for the next couple months.

Your zombie die has longingly awaited this moment!

• Options
    Through the miracle of twitter, I just saw this: http://www.mfa.org/programs/series/castles-sky-miyazaki-takahata-and-masters-studio-ghibli Anyone want to do a group viewing of a Studio Ghibli film? I've only seen about half of them and I'd love to go with a bunch of you guys, whether we see one I hvae or haven't seen before :) (Howl's Moving Castle is probably my favorite)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    MxWoodMxWood Registered User regular
    I really am going to go to this one... as long as I remember.

• Options
    If its on one of my days off im in!

• Options
    MxWood wrote:
    I really am going to go to this one... as long as I remember.

I'll remind you

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
  • Options
    punzie wrote:
    Through the miracle of twitter, I just saw this: http://www.mfa.org/programs/series/castles-sky-miyazaki-takahata-and-masters-studio-ghibli Anyone want to do a group viewing of a Studio Ghibli film? I've only seen about half of them and I'd love to go with a bunch of you guys, whether we see one I hvae or haven't seen before :) (Howl's Moving Castle is probably my favorite)
    Ooohhh - I'd probably be down for some of these, and I'm sure the teenager would, too . . .

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    Just a reminder - this is coming up on Tuesday. Come on down and get your PAX on! Anyone have any game requests that I can bring?

xWDsUaZ.png

• Options
    jujujuju [E] Line Entertainment! Brookline, MARegistered User regular
    I'm so in! I will bring my notebook and see what I can do about getting that room for PAX.

PAX East '10-16 Pokecrawl || Team Green's Awesome PokeProf!
    PAX Prime '10-'13 Triwizard Drinking Tournament || Hufflepuff Head of House!
    Twitter: @jujukoo
    [E]
  • Options
    arsonisfunarsonisfun Registered User regular
    I shall be attending, perhaps with Mansions of Madness

I am IRCs resident nerdbro and member of the PokeCrawl planning committee.

Red B/Gold Professor

[15:53] <+juju-work> ArsonIsFun is one of the best people I know.
  • Options
    Is Risk not hardcore enough to be played at gaming night?

• Options
    Susan69 wrote:
    Is Risk not hardcore enough to be played at gaming night?

Any game is fine, as long as people have fun playing it! As far as I'm aware, we have no set guidelines as to what's allowed and what isn't - just that it has to be fun. Hardcore is in the eye of the beholder . . .

xWDsUaZ.png