As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Take [chat] to your cinema

• Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    mrflippy wrote: »
    Leitner wrote: »
    I wonder if the people who replace Gadafi (if they do of course), are going to be any better.

It would be difficult to not improve on the facial hair at least.

It's not the facial hair, it's his strange rubbery skin. He looks like one of the puppets from Spitting Image. It's terrifying.

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I think I figured out why I'm so tired.

I also have a little lump in my throat this morning.

Fukushima gave me thyroid cancer!

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    mrflippymrflippy Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    dumb question: does libya have oil?

Yes.

But not for us.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Mazzyx wrote: »
    I point and laugh at you Justin. Point and laugh.

Pony, I am not sure if comparing the populace to a beaten wife of a low level mobster really works. I see where you are coming from. But actually till recently this low level mobster would of been hated and pretty much giving to finger to everyone.

Look, nobody liked Legs. Guy's a douche. He beats his wife, all the other mobsters knew it, but he was part of the mob and they put up with a lot of shit from him. He gave in the right cut of his take, and for that the rest of the mob looked the other way about shit they don't like.

So, now, they're getting to take care of a problem they never liked anyway.

But, let's not forget these violent mobsters did let a lot of this shit slide, so long as Legs held up his end.

Pony on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Feral wrote: »

Are you sure it wasn't those bananas you had last week?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    HaphazardHaphazard Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Heh. So, apparently I ordered Shogun 2 from a marketplace seller on Amazon.co.uk. From where do I get it? From Athens, Greece!

Haphazard on
  • Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yes. They are about 10th in the world as far as proven reserves.

They are however a small exporter to the US. Very small.

Lybia mainly exports to European markets.

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    ZampanovZampanov You May Not Go Home Until Tonight Has Been MagicalRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Yes.

But not for us.

they sell mostly to europe, right?

Zampanov on
    r4zgei8pcfod.gif
    PSN/XBL: Zampanov -- Steam: Zampanov
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Nah, they were organic.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »

Yes.

But not for us.

Yarp.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Gooey wrote: »

Thanks.

Dread Pirate Arbuthnot on
  • Options
    PonyPony Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Zampanov wrote: »

Yes.

But not for us.

Yarp.

Hence my mobster analogy.

Pony on
  • Options
    Dread Pirate ArbuthnotDread Pirate Arbuthnot OMG WRIGGLY T O X O P L A S M O S I SRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I slept like 12 hours on Saturday night and 15 hours last night.

I guess I needed it, I think I even nodded off a little while out with my friends.

• Options
    GooeyGooey (\/)┌¶─¶┐(\/) pinch pinchRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011

Thanks.

No problem.

Also, that is why American oil markets have only risen slightly while European markets have made quite a jump!

Markets in action!

Gooey on
    919UOwT.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011

Nah, they were organic.

Ohh, right, gotcha.

That reminds me. A few years ago I bought my parents a wireless router for christmas or something, and my dad said one of the reasons he hadn't bought one for himself was that he wasn't comfortable with all of those signals flying around the house. :?

mrflippy on
  • Options
    Mojo_JojoMojo_Jojo We are only now beginning to understand the full power and ramifications of sexual intercourse Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Ooooh, the Beardyman album is out! And it's on Spotify!

Mojo_Jojo on
    Homogeneous distribution of your varieties of amuse-gueule
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Blurgh. Wanted to go to work today. Fell asleep at 9pm to ensure this. Slept through it, slept through all of yesterday.

Getting in a funk. :(

• Options
    MazzyxMazzyx Comedy Gold Registered User regular
    edited March 2011

Thanks.

No problem.

Also, that is why American oil markets have only risen slightly while European markets have made quite a jump!

Speculation in action!

Fixed that for you.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    Dark_SideDark_Side Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    What is annoying me is how a lot of groups are using the Japan thing as a launch pad for more anti nuclear tirades.

Yeah, that has been depressing to see. One guy wrote a real winner for my community's local blog. I shit you not it actually had an all italic "when will they learn?" hidden down a few paragraphs and a whole lot of hyperbole masquerading as fact.

Dark_Side on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Oh, on the way home from Boston we had a late lunch/early dinner in an "Irish pub" in the airport. I though a sub should be more than enough.

Yeah, it was.
    IMG_0180.jpg

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    One good thing about my haircut is that it gives insanely cute bedhead.

Not sure I like it otherwise.

• Options
    ThomamelasThomamelas Only one man can kill this many Russians. Bring his guitar to me! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Haphazard wrote: »
    Oh, on the way home from Boston we had a late lunch/early dinner in an "Irish pub" in the airport. I though a sub should be more than enough.

Yeah, it was.
    IMG_0180.jpg

Haps, that's just us being polite. It's bad form to send a guest home hungry.

Thomamelas on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Actually that is the other thing that has driven me nuts about liberal talk radio this last week or so. I am not a fan of nuclear power. It has its dangers like all power sources do. This one can just fuck up an area for a long period of time. Not a fan of that. But the chances of a similar incident happening in the US? You have a better chance of winning power ball twice in a row. Okay maybe a bit lower. In fact on the earthquake part the reactors worked as they were designed to. They shut down, locked down and would of had no damage if a wall of water didn't flood all the back up generators and the plant it self.

I would rather be more focused on helping the hundreds of thousands of people in the affected areas of the Tsunami and getting them food, blankets and to relatives outside the area with houses and such than being focused on Nuclear Power as the boogey man. Though I have donated money to the red cross for this, compared to other disasters the amount of funds marked for Japan and the relief in the affected areas is way lower because they are a first world country. Lets just forget that they just had an entire area wiped out by tidal wave.

Gods, it must be let Mazzy rant morning.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Dark_Side wrote: »
    What is annoying me is how a lot of groups are using the Japan thing as a launch pad for more anti nuclear tirades.

Yeah, that has been depressing to see. One guy wrote a real winner for my community's local blog. I shit you not it actually had an all italic "when will they learn?" hidden down a few paragraphs and a whole lot of hyperbole masquerading as fact.

Can we use Deepwater Horizon as a launchpad for more anti-oil tirades?

Hey, last September a natural gas main exploded a couple of miles from my house and killed a few people and burnt some buildings down. Can I go on an anti-natural-gas tirade?

Guess what this picture is?

73490naturalgasstoraget.jpg

Natural gas storage tanks near Chiba.

shit like this happens and nobody calls for a moratorium on fossil fuels.

But fossil fuels don't involve scary future death rays from space!

WHARGARBLE

Feral on

• Options
    LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Arch when they say that first go into that we are following UN Mandate. There are no boots on the ground.

(yes there are, no country would ever send in its planes without people on the ground providing information on all their anti-air platforms, and other key intelligence)

Leitner on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Thomamelas wrote: »
    Haphazard wrote: »

Yeah, it was.
    IMG_0180.jpg

Haps, that's just us being polite. It's bad form to send a guest home hungry.

Much appreciated, it saved me from airplane food.

Haphazard on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    argle bargle

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Leitner wrote: »
    Arch when they say that first go into that we are following UN Mandate. There are no boots on the ground.

(yes there are, no country would ever send in its planes without people on the ground providing information on all their anti-air platforms, and other key intelligence)

(Then they are mostly French boots and who cares about them.;-)) But in truth we have a ton of intelligence on Libya from years of airstrikes in the country. Military who have joined the rebels and other sources as well. But there is not an army there invading the country.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    argle bargle

if it makes you feel better i use those disasters as calls for moratoriums on fossil fuels!

Arch on
  • Options
    Donkey KongDonkey Kong Putting Nintendo out of business with AI nips Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    If radiation manifested as an equally deadly fire, I swear people would be more receptive to it. But as invisible cancer-death? Fuck that keep it away from my childrens.

Donkey Kong on
    Thousands of hot, local singles are waiting to play at bubbulon.com.
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    Arch wrote: »
    argle bargle

if it makes you feel better i use those disasters as calls for moratoriums on fossil fuels!

Sit and think through what this would do the economy and functioning of a country. Then you realize why it doesn't happen.

Though man I wish it would sometimes just to wake people up.

Mazzyx on
    u7stthr17eud.png
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    You know if it takes an 8.9 earth quake and a fucking tsunami to almost not really melt down a nuclear reactor that is as old as my parents then I think that qualifies as a pretty safe form of energy.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    argle bargle

A little bit.

Is a reasoned stepwise transition to cleaner/safer forms of power generation too much to ask?

Shit like this reminds me that as a species we're still basically mildly clever monkeys.

Feral on

• Options
    bowenbowen How you doin'? Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    You know if it takes an 8.9 earth quake and a fucking tsunami to almost not really melt down a nuclear reactor that is as old as my parents then I think that qualifies as a pretty safe form of energy.

This.

bowen on
    not a doctor, not a lawyer, examples I use may not be fully researched so don't take out of context plz, don't @ me
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    argle bargle

A little bit.

Is a reasoned stepwise transition to cleaner/safer forms of power generation too much to ask?

Shit like this reminds me that as a species we're still basically mildly clever monkeys.

apparently so

and we are apes

(dont kill me)

Arch on
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    How the fuck did we manage to stop flinging our poop long enough to get ourselves down out of the trees?

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 2011
    argle bargle

A little bit.

apparently so

and we are apes

(dont kill me)

/stab

Feral on

• Options
    edited March 2011
    How the fuck did we manage to stop flinging our poop long enough to get ourselves down out of the trees?

Ran out of food to turn into poop up in the tree.

Styrofoam Sammich on
    wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
This discussion has been closed.