Vanilla Forums has been nominated for a second time in the CMS Critic "Critic's Choice" awards, and we need your vote! Read more here, and then do the thing (please).
Our new Indie Games subforum is now open for business in G&T. Go and check it out, you might land a code for a free game. If you're developing an indie game and want to post about it, follow these directions. If you don't, he'll break your legs! Hahaha! Seriously though.
Our rules have been updated and given their own forum. Go and look at them! They are nice, and there may be new ones that you didn't know about! Hooray for rules! Hooray for The System! Hooray for Conforming!

Dragon Sage II: A Lizard did it. PS3 Patch?

• Macro9Macro9 Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Weaver wrote: »
    They just retcon that stuff in DA3 and then when you do an import from DA2 that contradicts the story of 3 they'll just say "Deal with it"

I thought I was on RPG Codex for a minute there.

Although, now that I think about it there wasn't anything racist/sexist/gymnast about it.

Something Awful then?

bO0v7.png
  • GoatmonGoatmon Cancel My 2:00 This meeting could get DEADLYRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Macro9 wrote: »
    Goatmon wrote: »
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

They are mages that are capable of using dreams/the fade to do stuff. I think travel and kill people.
    Spoiler:

Ahh, I wasn't sure.
    Spoiler:

aik7511.jpg
    edited March 2011
    Wait, what are Dream Walkers?

They are mages that are capable of using dreams/the fade to do stuff. I think travel and kill people.
    Spoiler:

Ahh, I wasn't sure.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

bO0v7.png
  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    They just retcon that stuff in DA3 and then when you do an import from DA2 that contradicts the story of 3 they'll just say "Deal with it"

Although, now that I think about it there wasn't anything racist/sexist/gymnast about it.

Something Awful then?

I was just channeling some complaint I saw from someone who killed Leliana during the Sacred Ashed quest.

ProfessionalandCommander_zps6c326307.jpg
    edited March 2011

Something Awful then?

I was just channeling some complaint I saw from someone who killed Leliana during the Sacred Ashed quest.

How did you get a hold of my diary?

bO0v7.png
  • WeaverWeaver send help pirates have meRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
  • Zen VulgarityZen Vulgarity Ask me about Super Propane and Super Propane accessoriesRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Dick magic

344B2YT.gifsteamicon48x48.gif Know about web development? I need your help with my professional site!
  • A steak!A steak! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2011
    I'm going to do an Uncle Tom run with a Mage where I side with the Templars every chance I get. I'll have Anders with me the whole way.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    A duck! wrote: »
    I'm going to do an Uncle Tom run with a Mage where I side with the Templars every chance I get. I'll have Anders with me the whole way.

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

• BucketmanBucketman Dyslexic Puppy Skraggle RockRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Do we know whats up with Sandal? did he inhale too much lyrium or something?

Can't you see it in my eyes, I'm the one I'm the ONE TWO THREE FOUR I'm not like the other guys, (he's not like anybody, well..) That's not completely right There's a few that I'm just like Steven and the Stevens, We're gonna make you smile. Me, myself, and I and him, Are all the same guy.Steven and the Stevens, Come on now don't be shy. Me myself and I and him (That's me!) Are all the same guy.
  • Dox the PIDox the PI Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Bucketman wrote: »
    Do we know whats up with Sandal? did he inhale too much lyrium or something?

he is the maker reborn

But fucked up and accidentally choose dwarf form

• moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    that's ridiculous

he's obviously an old god that accidentally went into a dwarf instead of a dragon

imttnk.png
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth and Sandal are the last two remaining old gods. Basically as powerful as The Maker, but they didn't have an entire religion based on them.

They're just hanging out on Thedas, chillin', and doing echantments.

• SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Hunter wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

It would be hilarious though

and saying to Anders "shut the fuck up" all the time would be great.

edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

Yes sir, Mister Templar sir

There goes Aduck the Mage...he's one of 'the good ones'.

• A steak!A steak! Super Moderator, Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited March 2011
    Solar wrote: »

Sell out.

Magic traitor.

Yes sir, Mister Templar sir

There goes Aduck the Mage...he's one of 'the good ones'.

He's not like those other uppity mages, with the blood magic and baggy robes.

Favorite quotes
    Spoiler:
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    DudBolt wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

This is technically possible but
    Spoiler:

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't buy all of these crazy origins for Flemeth.
    Spoiler:

nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
  • DubhDubh Sailor V Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth was likely an exceedingly clever mage to start with

Thing_zps6acf1883.png <---DE?AD makes games
  • FiarynFiaryn Omnicidal Madman Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Turambar wrote: »
    Fiaryn wrote: »
    About Flemeth.
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I don't buy all of these crazy origins for Flemeth.
    Spoiler:

It could well be that
    Spoiler:

Soul Silver FC: 1935 3141 6240
    White FC: 0819 3350 1787
  • mister tuxedomister tuxedo Registered User
    edited March 2011
    oh come on. Let's just kill the maker already. Feel like it's totally Fen'Haerel. Bring back elfgods, and ye shall see awesome reckoning

Digital Illusions Creative Entertainment/ PO Box 20068/ 104 60 Stockholm/ Sweden
    Send them a Pair of Running Shoes. Used or Otherwise. Or a letter, but let's not be formulaic. Send them a picture of trainers, too. Or a painting. Or money. Whatever.
    edited March 2011
    Flemeth and Sandal are each 1/2 of The Maker. They were split in half by the old gods, which were then cursed into being blight dragons and buried. The last thing they did was create dark spawn to help free them and kill all the other races.

If all the old gods die, Flemeth and Sandal rejoin and become The Maker. Flemeth sets up Morrigan's demon-baby as a way so her part of The Maker stays separate because she likes things the way they are. She also helped the Warden because it can't go the other way, because she couldn't defeat all the dark spawn and still alive old gods by herself. She needs to keep them at balance for now.

• godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    TheStig wrote: »
    Ohhh.... $40 on amazon.

Oh wait, this 2000 word, 1 start review on amazon, detailing how DA2 sucks and RPGs aren't RPGs anymore has convinced me not to purchase.

I'm seeing it at $50. Is there a certain version that's $40, or did you round the $9.99 down?

• moocowmoocow Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    think that was just yesterday

imttnk.png
  • godmodegodmode Nooo-ooo-ooo... That ain't dancin', SallyRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Awww. Timestamp on his post was 2 this morning :(

• captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    It was a one day gold box deal yesterday.

The digital version is $50 right now and comes with a $15 games credit though.

sig.gifSteam | D3: captaink#1674 | 3DS: 2466-1914-7679
    edited March 2011
    Damn. What's the $15 game credit for? Is it an Amazon credit or an EA one?

edited March 2011
    godmode wrote: »
    Damn. What's the $15 game credit for? Is it an Amazon credit or an EA one?

Maybe I'm crazy because I swear I saw it earlier but now I can't find it.

edited March 2011
    HMMMM TEMPTING. Unfortunately, the game credit doesn't do me much good. I typically buy video games either A) On Steam, or B) On impulse when I'm perusing the mall. In fact, I don't really buy anything from Amazon at all other than books, and this credit seems to only be good towards games and digital downloads of such.

edited March 2011
    HMMMM TEMPTING. Unfortunately, the game credit doesn't do me much good. I typically buy video games either A) On Steam, or B) On impulse when I'm perusing the mall. In fact, I don't really buy anything from Amazon at all other than books, and this credit seems to only be good towards games and digital downloads of such.

Yes it is a video games only credit. I find that amazon has pretty good video game prices, but they're not an impulse buy site. Except for this new digital download stuff.

edited March 2011
    captaink wrote: »

Yes it is a video games only credit. I find that amazon has pretty good video game prices, but they're not an impulse buy site. Except for this new digital download stuff.

Aside from WoW, impulse is really the only reason I buy video games...Meh. I'll probably just keep an eye on Steam for their inevitable DA II sale. In any case, I STILL haven't finished DA: Origins:
    Spoiler:

• TurambarTurambar Captain 'Crawler of the Warship XavierRegistered User regular
    edited March 2011
    This thread needs more screenshots.
    Spoiler:

nc_sig_1.png
    Origin: Turamb | Steam: Turambar | 3DS: 3411-1109-4537 | NNID: Turambar
    edited March 2011
    If you want this on PC, http://www.direct2drive.com/ has a 20% off code (MARCHMADNESS) for their whole store this weekend.

• Baroque And RollBaroque And Roll Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    So glad I got in on that Amazon sale for this game.

2dtr87s.png
    SteamID: Baroque And Roll
  • Iron WeaselIron Weasel Dillon! You son of a bitch!Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still in Act 1, playing a 2H warrior and wearing Blood Dragon armour - is there a better armour set for me in this Act? I like the bonuses, but I'm ready for a change.

Currently Playing:
    Crusader Kings 2, FTL, X-COM: Enemy Within, Various Boardgames
    GT/Twitter: Tanith 6227
  • FearghaillFearghaill Midgard I hear some secret agents only get cars.Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    I'm still in Act 1, playing a 2H warrior and wearing Blood Dragon armour - is there a better armour set for me in this Act? I like the bonuses, but I'm ready for a change.

yes, armor of the Fallen.

lokisig.png
  • OwenashiOwenashi Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    Is it just me or are all the second tier armor set's chestpieces not quite worth getting? I mean, you actually have to wait till Act 3 to pick up the Warrior one and the only way to get the Rogue one is to miss a cool intervention moment with Aveline.

• EdcrabEdcrab Registered User
    edited March 2011
    Well I finally fired off my IMPORTANT OPINIONS to vsove only for them to get mangled by hotmail

God almighty, if the preview window shows it all legible and coherent, it should be sent in that fashion, don't put spaces in stupid places

I wish you were a person, hotmail, so I could run across a bridge and slap you in the face.

cBY55.gifbmJsl.png
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    edited March 2011
    hey,
    Spoiler:
    in da:o is actually pretty neat
    Spoiler: